GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the kids that tried to break into that house a few years back is in there again. Age20 now.

No piercings, no makeup, plainly dressed, the way she holds herself. All just different from many we see.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but just 14 when she went missing. Just out of middle school. Not 17.
Very, very young.

That's from the 3rd circuit court in Conway, not the police department. It's mostly fines and bench warrants. Pretty standard stuff that you'll probably find in any circuit court. In any small town that has a courthouse, their court log probably looks a lot like this one.

my town is five times the size of north conway next door to one of the worst crime-ridden cities on the east coast and has never, ever, looked like that in the county nor town police log/blotter/circuit court. i scoured links that i cannot link. there is NOTHING standard, IMO, about what's going on up there. it isn't even high season for demographic inconsistency.

agree to disagree. IMO abigail voluntarily met up with some of these local folk and involuntarily met with that which i cannot accept...

in a word, scum.

LookingHoping said:
No piercings, no makeup, plainly dressed, the way she holds herself. All just different from many we see.

Yes, but just 14 when she went missing. Just out of middle school. Not 17.
Very, very young.

You need to go sit outside of a middle school and see the girls that go in and out, beginning in 6th grade...even earlier sometimes. Seems the dress code is more difficult at the MS age than the HS ages. These kids are far beyond the years I remember that age being growing up. FAR FAR FAR beyond.

Add to that, they are not only drinking and smoking pot they are getting into other drugs and sex is not something out of the norm at that age anymore. Not around here and not down in MA. I can't speak for everywhere, but what I've seen is that by 17 they are almost calming down in comparison.

Can they question anybody that doesn't want to be questioned or whose parents don't want them questioned without going through legal hoops? Makes it difficult to get to talk to the numbers of kids they need to. These are all minors, adds a twist into it doesn't it?

No one including adults, has to talk with police at any time. If they want to be cooperative they can speak to the police. Obviously, if someone declined or was evasive, that would peak the investigative interest but does not indicate guilt etc.
A juvenile CAN be questioned if they consent and are in custody BUT any experienced investigator would opt to have a parent involved with their presence and consent especially for a major crime in custody or on a voluntary basis-this plays a huge role in prosecution and evidence being challenged/admissible.

Custody and arrest also plays into the situation-miranda must be read when a subject is in custody (not free to leave)/under arrest. ALL conversations/statements etc have to be voluntary in nature.

I feel like it would be more difficult to go around questioning a lot of teens...due to their age, due to parents saying not without me there. Then you get teens who are not telling the truth or not giving it all up because their parents are present. It would take a teen to go call or walk into the station alone and say "I have something to tell you I didn't want my mom to hear" If they tell the cops what they know in front of a parent they are throwing themselves under the bus if it has to do with anything they may get into trouble for.

Ok, I scrolled down to the bottom of that page linked (below the court reports), and saw the police logs, and I guess I'm not seeing a big crime wave in the Conway area. Those police logs include things like car accidents, fires, reports of barking dogs, medical emergencies, and someone actually reporting a "racing pigeon walking around" a parking lot. There are also more serious things, like DUIs and drug possession, and other things, but nothing too unusual.

I'll be honest, I didn't see much in there at all, other than that name from the article somebody posted yesterday about the 3 kids trying to break into the girl's house. Looks rather quiet on the teen front. The racing pigeon is out of place though, must have got lost going from Toronto to Boston!

my town is five times the size of north conway next door to one of the worst crime-ridden cities on the east coast and has never, ever, looked like that in the county nor town police log/blotter/circuit court. i scoured links that i cannot link. there is NOTHING standard, IMO, about what's going on up there. it isn't even high season for demographic inconsistency.

agree to disagree. IMO abigail voluntarily met up with some of these local folk and involuntarily met with that which i cannot accept...

in a word, scum.

Well, if you can't provide links, we of course can't argue with you, but I doubt very much that where you live people aren't arrested/fined/reported for DUIs, drug possession, domestic disturbances, barking dogs, trespassing, drunk and disorderly, etc. Maybe those things just aren't being reported publicly in your local newspaper or online, but they happen everywhere.

I suspect that the local cops know the trouble makers well and would be all over checking them all out if not all immediately, over time. They become their go to list on all things to do with teens, vandalism, etc.

I'll be honest, I didn't see much in there at all, other than that name from the article somebody posted yesterday about the 3 kids trying to break into the girl's house. Looks rather quiet on the teen front. The racing pigeon is out of place though, must have got lost going from Toronto to Boston!

Yeah, that pigeon has got to go - he sounds like a troublemaker and a rabble-rouser ;)

Well, if you can't provide links, we of course can't argue with you, but I doubt very much that where you live people aren't arrested/fined/reported for DUIs, drug possession, domestic disturbances, barking dogs, trespassing, drunk and disorderly, etc. Maybe those things just aren't being reported publicly in your local newspaper or online, but they happen everywhere.

These things would be in a call log, if there is one. We have one here that only one paper publishes. It can be darned funny reading the things people call for. In those are the teens in woods drinking, teens with bb gun shooting at squirrels, kids making noise, etc.

I feel like it would be more difficult to go around questioning a lot of teens...due to their age, due to parents saying not without me there. Then you get teens who are not telling the truth or not giving it all up because their parents are present. It would take a teen to go call or walk into the station alone and say "I have something to tell you I didn't want my mom to hear" If they tell the cops what they know in front of a parent they are throwing themselves under the bus if it has to do with anything they may get into trouble for.

Once they understand the severity and how the situation can impact them, juveniles/minors given the right circumstances and experienced interviewer, will often provide details even implicating themselves. Sometimes a parent could be a barrier especially if there are other issues abusive, addictions etc. In other cases, the juvenile feels more secure with a parent/guardian with them.
The biggest part of an interview is having factual info prior so you can gauge honesty and details provided that concur or conflict.
A person who has completed many interviews over time knows every interview is different but patterns/clusters of behaviors cannot be concealed by even the most "experienced" criminal. Neurolinguistics and body language plays a key role in these interviews. Juveniles are sometimes more easily read due to lack of life experience etc

You need to go sit outside of a middle school and see the girls that go in and out, beginning in 6th grade...even earlier sometimes. Seems the dress code is more difficult at the MS age than the HS ages. These kids are far beyond the years I remember that age being growing up. FAR FAR FAR beyond.

Add to that, they are not only drinking and smoking pot they are getting into other drugs and sex is not something out of the norm at that age anymore. Not around here and not down in MA. I can't speak for everywhere, but what I've seen is that by 17 they are almost calming down in comparison.

I feel like this varies greatly depending on where you live, right down to the specific middle school. I found statistics that say 16% of teens have sex by age 15, and only 2% have sex by age 12.

I agree, LookingHoping...that does complicate things. I am fairly certain that you have to have parental permission to speak with a child under 18...

I saw something interesting in this article and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts?: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/23911566/one-month-later-still-no-sign-of-abby-hernandez

"The FBI is also examining the cases of other missing people in the area. Most notably, the cause of Maura Murray – a UMass student who disappeared from Haverhill, N.H. nearly 10 years ago. Evidence from those cases has been sent to the FBI Behavioral Science Lab in Quantico, Virginia in an effort to find any patterns."

Maura Murray disappeared in 2004 off of Route 112 in Haverhill, NH. She was 21 at the time.

I suspect that the local cops know the trouble makers well and would be all over checking them all out if not all immediately, over time. They become their go to list on all things to do with teens, vandalism, etc.

Yes, I'd think anyone the police have been familiar with due to certain problem behaviors would be among the first the police would check out.

Is there a Crimestoppers number they can call?

What they need is a pay-phone-or in reality-LE coming out and telling the public that they are guaranteed anonymity. And meaning it.

14 and 15 year olds are the major target age for drug dealers imo. That age is more afraid of parents than the dd's. Later on, embedded in the drug trade-they then become afraid of the dealers etc.

I have been trying to follow Abigail's case but this has been a hectic weekend. Has something come up in the investigation into her disappearance that suggests drug involvement or drug dealer involvement or is there speculating due to Abigail's age, etc. on this possibility?

I am trying to get caught up on what I have missed TIA to anyone who can let me know if there has been some new development or lead I am not aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw