GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is to pkirsch-
Please realize that everyone at WS is not of one mind, so your post is not directed to everyone. I sometimes find a insensitive post, but most times I think a post comes across that way but it is just poorly written or composed. I truly do not think anyone except a very small # of WSers think anyone associated with Abby - her friends, the townfolk, or her parents - have done anything but their very best to get through a horrifying experience.
On the other hand I do think we are fairly in agreement that LE is holding their info too tight to their chest. Especially those of us that have followed many cases and have seen where this leads to a poorer outcome more often than a better one.
So, please do not mistake the frustration towards LE with frustration towards Abby's supporters.

I just keep thinking of that sighting of Abby at the little white picnic table.

I just keep looking at that mini cam hoping to see her.

I bet LE is watching too.

I bet her loved ones are watching too.

That is where my hope lays at this time. Maybe she is staying somewhere close by and going there for something to eat.

Maybe she is ok....

Maybe....

Can you please fill me in about the little white picnic table sighting?

I believe that would fall under the banner of FB rumor. Check out the MHFAH page and you'll see it posted in comments by RM.

It's hard to ask for the public to post pictures and keep up with the news and keep the story going without risking that conversations might go to places you might not like. It's a double-edged sword going public with private matters.

I, myself, do not feel comfortable reading personal FB accounts or looking at anything that belongs to a minor. That said, I also understand that this forum is not a billboard. To read the postings, you need to search them out. If you are searching them out, you might get material you aren't thrilled with. It's hard to get thousands of likes and shares on the internet without having some conversation that you might not like. That's the risk you take with using the internet. Adults, who can make choices about whether to seek out this material, who have experience with self-control, can decide whether the conversations make them uneasy. We can't tell people what their opinions should be. We can hope they are fair and civil. I understand that some teens might be reaching out to these boards, and they might not have the same life-experience that will help them turn off what might be negative remarks. But, again, that's the nature of a "somewhat" public forum. Anyone who wants the story to stay alive has to risk the content of certain conversations. That's just the way it is.

There's a claim by someone posting on the Missing fb page that they saw AH at a white picnic table at a store. This person claims they alerted LE. The store has a webcam (links have been posted) and people are watching webcam. At this point it's another rumored sighting with no confirmation by LE.

<modsnip>

People lie on the web all the time. For attention for whatever the reason. FB is a hotbed of baloney and mess in regard to case discussion. WS rules are very strict about info that comes from unverified, unvetted sources such as posters on social sites such as FB.

The rules are, you can reference that a rumor exists and link to the place you found it. you may not discuss it at length here and make it a part of your theory discussion as that gives it the same weight as facts and info gleaned from Main Stream Media, which it may not be due.

It also confuses people who may miss a few pages worth of posts. They are left thinking that the rumored info is actually factual or verified info and then that causes no amount of mess and yuck for mods to come back around and clean up later.

Even if someone joined this site to tell what they experienced, their info would STILL be considered RUMOR unless and until they had gone through the Websleuths verification process. Even then, their info is not considered FACT (IMO) but it would be allowed to be discussed in theory conversations.

One last note for all members: It is frowned upon to discuss moderation in the threads. If you have questions about a moderator's decision or are unclear on why something was ruled the way it was the best tact is to PM a mod and ask for clarification.

I hope that helps.

Is this also the same place where allegedly, she was seen with two men?

I don't think so, I think they claimed she was with a man and woman. JMO, but I don't believe it's accurate. I think the person sincerely thought they saw AH, but it would have been easily confirmed with a simple phone call since the place has cameras. If she'd been seen I'm sure LE would have confirmed the sighting publicly.

<modsnip>

People lie on the web all the time. For attention for whatever the reason. FB is a hotbed of baloney and mess in regard to case discussion. WS rules are very strict about info that comes from unverified, unvetted sources such as posters on social sites such as FB.

The rules are, you can reference that a rumor exists and link to the place you found it. you may not discuss it at length here and make it a part of your theory discussion as that gives it the same weight as facts and info gleaned from Main Stream Media, which it may not be due.

It also confuses people who may miss a few pages worth of posts. They are left thinking that the rumored info is actually factual or verified info and then that causes no amount of mess and yuck for mods to come back around and clean up later.

Even if someone joined this site to tell what they experienced, their info would STILL be considered RUMOR unless and until they had gone through the Websleuths verification process. Even then, their info is not considered FACT (IMO) but it would be allowed to be discussed in theory conversations.

One last note for all members: It is frowned upon to discuss moderation in the threads. If you have questions about a moderator's decision or are unclear on why something was ruled the way it was the best tact is to PM a mod and ask for clarification.

I hope that helps.
Thank you, this says it so much more thoroughly.

Mom 24, What makes you so sure LE would confirm and do so in a public way?

tlcya, mind if I use your post if the subject comes up again in another thread?

Mom 24, What makes you so sure LE would confirm and do so in a public way?

Why not? More eyes on the ground looking for her. They told us to look for her phone, why not a confirmed sighting? Besides a confirmed sighting would give them the ability to pull the amber alert, and that's something I'm sure they'd love to be able to avail themselves of.

Trying to step back and absorb some thoughtful posts from PK and Mom24. Without LE pressers or POIs, what you can do is obsess about the area. The snows will come soon and searching will have to end (for now), but if you were a searcher, and you were (forgive me) looking for a body, where would you look? Study the terrain, mark the natural boundaries. I know its needle in a haystacking but on Dylan's thread we spent one very long winter talking about arctic lakes and elevations and snowmelt and lo and behold, seven months later, he was found in the area we spent most of the winter studying. If Abby came to harm that day,as I unfortunately fear she did, she will be found not far from the area. Get to know the area. It is something to do while we wait. MOO.

I have said this before. If this was planned then I think Abby is far away. If this was opportunity then I think she is close by.

I am still pondering RM and his clue. Now he is silent and that makes no sense to me. Everybody's asking him for more info and silence. WHY?

Actually I am more hopeful that maybe she did run away. Perhaps I am like family and want that little bit of hope it would bring me if she did.

But she is very young to be gone this long. I am like a see/saw I go back and forth..

I followed Dylan's case on another board and my heart is still broken from his death!

if your guess is correct then I can only assume LE has a very good reason for advising that and hope it leads to info on the current whereabouts of Abigail.

Actually I am more hopeful that maybe she did run away. Perhaps I am like family and want that little bit of hope it would bring me if she did.

But she is very young to be gone this long. I am like a see/saw I go back and forth..

I followed Dylan's case on another board and my heart is still broken from his death!

snipped by me. Like you I teetered back and forth. It's easier to think she's run away but it just doesn't make any sense. She's young, she doesn't have credit cards or extra cash stashed away, she'd be noticed on public transport and where she lived there isn't much out there for public transport. She'd have been noticed thumbing a ride. How would she be living if she ran away? eating? where would she sleep? She'd need help and that would take an enormous amount of work to have set up. But then how would someone have abducted her? They'd have to have known her route, other kids are also walking home and out and about, buses whizzing by, upperclassmen in their cars. After school is a busy time and there's so much activity that it's not like she was out on a deserted road. So if she was abducted it had to be someone she knew. Or did she go off with friends in the woods for some fun and things went bad? Like someone said, it's rugged terrain out there.
She doesn't appear to have been the type to get involved in those incredibly stupid sugar daddy sites or nameyourprice or meetme. I keep looking for police logs around the time of her disappearance, but they've stopped publishing them since AH has been missing.

I think I wiill give a listen to the Coos County Nh police scanner for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela