GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, there was a case in FL where the abduction of an 11 yr old girl was caught on a carwash surveillance.... her name escapes me right now but because of that tape not only did LE have the info they needed, the release of the tape got the unknown perp id'd and apprehended very quickly...... surveillance tape is the ultimate confirmation of a sighting..... a high percentage of citizen sightings and eyewitness accounts are shady due to a typical citizen not having that trained eye.......
For instance, you witness something horrible and a detective asks u a suspect description..... only a trained eye most of the time will be able to tell you what kind or color shoes said perp was wearing

Carlie Brucia. :(

<modsnip>

People lie on the web all the time. For attention for whatever the reason. FB is a hotbed of baloney and mess in regard to case discussion. WS rules are very strict about info that comes from unverified, unvetted sources such as posters on social sites such as FB.

The rules are, you can reference that a rumor exists and link to the place you found it. you may not discuss it at length here and make it a part of your theory discussion as that gives it the same weight as facts and info gleaned from Main Stream Media, which it may not be due.

It also confuses people who may miss a few pages worth of posts. They are left thinking that the rumored info is actually factual or verified info and then that causes no amount of mess and yuck for mods to come back around and clean up later.

Even if someone joined this site to tell what they experienced, their info would STILL be considered RUMOR unless and until they had gone through the Websleuths verification process. Even then, their info is not considered FACT (IMO) but it would be allowed to be discussed in theory conversations.

One last note for all members: It is frowned upon to discuss moderation in the threads. If you have questions about a moderator's decision or are unclear on why something was ruled the way it was the best tact is to PM a mod and ask for clarification.

I hope that helps.
Thanks for this excellent post, tlcya. Just one thing to add. Discussing moderation in the threads is not only frowned upon, it a TOS violation. The mods are always willing to answer questions for members when they're addressed in a private message. I can't emphasize that strongly enough.

If the mod becomes aware that others share the same question, then generally, the mod will follow up with an explanation in the thread.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Posting a thread to comment on, question, or criticize moderator or administrator action is not appropriate in a public forum. Please utilize the board&#8217;s Private Message function, or email staff if you wish to discuss these issues. As long as you bring up your concerns maturely and civilly to the moderator or administrator in question, we will do our best to address your concerns fairly and promptly.

Realize that a lot goes on behind the scenes. If you are thinking to yourself "Those moderators are either total idiots or they know something I do not", it's safe to assume we know something you do not.
Threads and posts attacking WS Policies will not be allowed. Further, any member found to be bad mouthing the WS community at an outside location will have their membership blocked.

Hello, I have been following Abby's thread for a while now, but I had not posted. I think after she had been missing for about a month, there was another girl who disappeared under somewhat similar circumstances. They were not from the same state, but there was just something about the cases that caused some posters to mention Abby's case when discussing that girl. My reason for posting here is that I had to stop following the case for a bit and now I wanted to check in and see if Abby or this other girl had been found. I cannot, for the life of me, remember the other child's name. It seems the girl I a talking about had told a friend she would be late for school and she was riding her bike to school. I do think her bicycle had been located. Can anyone think of this child's name? I would so appreciate it if anyone can tell me what it is. I am usually pretty good at following the cases and have no trouble recalling the name. Sorry for using Abby's thread to ask this question. Only reason I am doing so is that posters on the other girl's thread mentioned Abby's case as being somewhat similar. Sad to know Abby is not found yet. Praying for both girls.

Hello, I have been following Abby's thread for a while now, but I had not posted. I think after she had been missing for about a month, there was another girl who disappeared under somewhat similar circumstances. They were not from the same state, but there was just something about the cases that caused some posters to mention Abby's case when discussing that girl. My reason for posting here is that I had to stop following the case for a bit and now I wanted to check in and see if Abby or this other girl had been found. I cannot, for the life of me, remember the other child's name. It seems the girl I a talking about had told a friend she would be late for school and she was riding her bike to school. I do think her bicycle had been located. Can anyone think of this child's name? I would so appreciate it if anyone can tell me what it is. I am usually pretty good at following the cases and have no trouble recalling the name. Sorry for using Abby's thread to ask this question. Only reason I am doing so is that posters on the other girl's thread mentioned Abby's case as being somewhat similar. Sad to know Abby is not found yet. Praying for both girls.

Hailey Rheaume-Fox from VT? She is home now. She ended up to be a runaway, but there was concern even after she contacted her family that somebody else was using her phone. http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2013/11/missing_vermont_teen_hailey_rh_1.html

Kathryn Stalbaum. Found safe. She'd run away to Chicago on her own. Took a bus.

Strawberry Fields, I think you were following Kathryn Stalbaum, the 15-yr-old Wisconsin girl who was missing after texting a friend she'd missed the bus and was riding her bike the 2 miles to school. You will be happy to know that there's good news. It was a Tuesday (Nov. 5th) when she went missing. On Friday night, she approached a police officer in Chicago for help. She was reunited with her family. I read last weekend that LE is not looking for anyone in connection with the case, so it appears that she left on her own.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...te-missing-wis-girl-15-found-safe-in-chicago/

Just want to say that I am thinking of Abby and her family and friends. As every day passes the trail gets longer and colder. Wishing you all peace and sending positive thoughts.

Dear God, i need to stay away from that missing page. Has anyone seen the latest posted by a DA two hours ago? My stomach is just turning- hope this isn't true. :(

Hi- I am just a happily married Mom of three great kids. All three have done Cross Country, and my youngest two are/were (son graduated last year) Fielders on the Track and Field team for our high school. All three kids have been involved in organized sports over the years, but the most absolute wonderful and unique experience to me, as a parent, happened when my older two children signed up for Cross Country 4 years ago. As Paul and Zenya (and anyone who has a child in CC/T&F) already know- these kids and their parents are very unique in one area of sports that you never ever see with football, baseball, hockey, soccer- you see, we look out for and we CHEER for not only the kids on our team, but also the kids on the other teams as well! I cannot tell you how many times my husband and I cheered kids going up a long and hard hill running, helping them keep going. Many cheered my kids on from the opposite teams as well- not just the parents, but the kids, too !!

And I probably timed your kids at the Kennett XC & track meets too, I always work the finish line- one of my favorite running events each year to help with and to set up the course for. Nothing more inspiring than watching a high school runner give it their all at the finish line. Whether they are 5 minute or 15 minute milers, they all push hard at the finish.

I did not mean to imply most comments on here are hurtful or mean, more just a general reminder and awareness about the real human lives caught in the middle of all of this.

Related to people talking or not talking locally, there will should be a story coming out tonight in one of the NH papers about tips for parents on how to help spots issues with their kids who may be having trouble articulating their feelings right now around their missing classmate. The people I get most concerned with right now are the ones who have gone quiet, especially the kids. Not in terms of them not telling people important info, more just in terms of their own behavioral health issues.

I will also say, the support from complete strangers both near and far is appreciated. I'm in the process of shipping out about 25 magnetic missing signs tomorrow to truck drivers and other long commuters who all just wanted to know how they could help get the word out- and none of them know Abby, but they have kids too. If any of you have any ideas on other creative ways to spread the word, let me know. I'm happy to try anything.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131114/NEWS07/131119555&template=mobileart

"We still hope to find Abby and bring her home to her family," said Young. "There are (law enforcement officers) still going to Conway to work on it every day."

Meanwhile, the local volunteer search effort has expanded. Head volunteer Paul Kirsch said a growing group of area residents continue to get Hernandez's photo and details out to as many people as possible, using every medium possible.

Kirsch said all of the volunteers' Twitter accounts have accounted for more than a million Tweets and re-Tweets since Hernandez was last seen on Oct. 9.

The official volunteer web site, www.bringabbyhome.com, has had 14,000 visitors since Nov. 5. And the Facebook campaign, which reached more than 3,200 users during a recent online vigil, continues.

"Our volunteer efforts have increased greatly," Kirsch said.

"Although everything we do may not have the high visibility of an online vigil, our resolve to find Abby and to continue to find new and creative ways to keep her face and message out there are continuing to grow."

"We are also looking for creative ideas, which you can send to us at the website," he said.

Yes, there was a case in FL where the abduction of an 11 yr old girl was caught on a carwash surveillance.... her name escapes me right now but because of that tape not only did LE have the info they needed, the release of the tape got the unknown perp id'd and apprehended very quickly...... surveillance tape is the ultimate confirmation of a sighting..... a high percentage of citizen sightings and eyewitness accounts are shady due to a typical citizen not having that trained eye.......
For instance, you witness something horrible and a detective asks u a suspect description..... only a trained eye most of the time will be able to tell you what kind or color shoes said perp was wearing
carlie brucia - I'm in her town.

Dear God, i need to stay away from that missing page. Has anyone seen the latest posted by a DA two hours ago? My stomach is just turning- hope this isn't true. :(

link??

And I probably timed your kids at the Kennett XC & track meets too, I always work the finish line- one of my favorite running events each year to help with and to set up the course for. Nothing more inspiring than watching a high school runner give it their all at the finish line. Whether they are 5 minute or 15 minute milers, they all push hard at the finish.

I did not mean to imply most comments on here are hurtful or mean, more just a general reminder and awareness about the real human lives caught in the middle of all of this.

Related to people talking or not talking locally, there will should be a story coming out tonight in one of the NH papers about tips for parents on how to help spots issues with their kids who may be having trouble articulating their feelings right now around their missing classmate. The people I get most concerned with right now are the ones who have gone quiet, especially the kids. Not in terms of them not telling people important info, more just in terms of their own behavioral health issues.

I will also say, the support from complete strangers both near and far is appreciated. I'm in the process of shipping out about 25 magnetic missing signs tomorrow to truck drivers and other long commuters who all just wanted to know how they could help get the word out- and none of them know Abby, but they have kids too. If any of you have any ideas on other creative ways to spread the word, let me know. I'm happy to try anything.

BBM

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131114/NEWS07/131119544&source=RSS

Why people think it is a good idea to post on a FB page if they actually have info...is beyond me. And even more beyond me if they are making it up. Either way, mind boggling.

Why people think it is a good idea to post on a FB page if they actually have info...is beyond me. And even more beyond me if they are making it up. Either way, mind boggling.

It is mind boggling. If you think you have a tip, call it in rather than share it with the general public. Even if you think the FBI may already have it. No tip is too small. Better to duplicate than assume and have them not find it for another week due to being so busy with all else involved in a case.

Admin note:

Note that I did not call this a "warning". That is because there have been mod warnings for days about sleuthing innocent people. And it continues on to be a HUGE problem in this case. Seems to have fallen on deaf ears. :sigh:

So, no more talk. At this point we're issuing Time Outs. Loss of posting privileges for at least 3 days.

If this continues, Abby's thread will be closed. We have several cases heating up and mods are busy all over this forum. We do not have time to continue to protect innocent people who just happen to be able to be linked via someone else's social media page.

For those who feel the rules are strict here - Think about it. How would any of you like to be sleuthed if someone you friended via social media happened to disappear? Then after sleuthing you, they can link to your family, friends and dig around there as well. It is not right.

Please bump this post as needed. Also, you can help by alerting any posts that violate the social media rules. Thanks for your help. :)

MOD NOTE

Once again:

• We do not sleuth individuals who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI's.
  • We do not link to social networking profiles of persons who have not been indicated as suspects/POI's by LE.
  • We do not link to a social networking page unless we are 100% certain it belongs to the suspect/victim.
  • We never post the name of a private individual who has not been named in the media. Even then, unless s/he's a major player, initials should be used in place of full names.
  • With the exception of a victim, we never post the full name of a minor.
  • Linking to social networking profiles/pages is allowed for these four categories: Victims, Suspects, MSM and LE.
  • Any exceptions to the rule MUST be mod-approved.
  • If you don't think you should post it, then DON'T.

Questions about the rules or mod decisions should be addressed to a mod in a pm.

If you see a post that violates TOS, please do not quote it. Alert the post ASAP so a mod can handle the problem.

FINAL WARNING -- TO's will follow, no questions asked.

*This post falls at random and applies to everyone, and no one in particular.
:bump:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member