GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a big believer that in anything monumental...missing person, school shooting, bomb threat at your own child's school. The more information you give, the more calm the community remains and the easier your investigation becomes. BUT the local authorities nor the FBI have yet to call and ask my opinion? :lol:

What if LE has had more sightings than the two rumors we've heard? Hard to prove seeing a girl walking down the Kanc is NOT Abby. So why not alert people? What if they have say 5 and haven't been able to formally discount them? WHY NOT TELL US?

"May have been seen walking here" "May be with ___, ___ or ___"

Then you bomb that area with her face and surrounding areas. Search around the area depending upon how solid or possibly solid the tip could be. Really, at this point if there truly is nothing, why not? If you have nothing look for something using whatever information you do have.

Look at Holly Bobo's case, if you want to be frustrated and bang your head against walls. And that is going on three years since LE has had more than a few words to say. Abigail's case, as far as the silence goes, is not unusual...it is more unusual when we do hear from LE regularly, IMO.

The one we had locally was different. The information, obvious searches (helicopters and all) and push for keeping it out in public was continuous. I'm not sure I want to get anymore frustrated and to get 3 yrs frustrated now. No TY! (Not that I don't care and now I'll go look, but one is enough to take you over fully. I could not do this with 2, 5, 10 at a time!

this is just sad on all levels.

if LE has nothing, well, that's pathetic. i'm sorry. in this day and age, there should be professional interrogation teams for 'locals' or anyone else who's said nothing but claims to be in her inner circle. someone knew or heard from her on october 9th. and this young lady was no magician...there's a clue somewhere, in her texts, super-secret fb posts, phone calls, "usual route" home...enough to secure warrants and pull luds, from whomever, especially those who have either refused or diverted attention elsewhere.

if LE has something, well, that's pathetic too...as whatever they're keeping close-to-the-vest is yielding them...nothing. staying "tight-lipped" is getting them further away from finding her with each passing hour.

same goes for the busloads/carloads of the hundreds of exiting students at KHS. someone knows something and that someone isn't talking. pathetic. not to mention, criminal.

JMO.

Couldn't agree more. Very well put indeed!
I never thought that we'd be sitting here more than a month after AH's disappearance in this kind of seeming limbo....
I frankly feel a rising sense of despair about this case, sorry to say.

while i am a born and raised New Englander, I do not think I would be so private if this were my daughter, one of her friends, or one of my nieces, etc, or my son's girlfriend if they were missing.

There has been way too much secrecy, and the lack of LE speaking to the public is to say the least, puzzling. I can't picture this happening in my small town here, people would be worried, frantic, and trying to help any way they can. I find in this case, more out of towners and out of state folks have been trying to help than the townspeople up there- what the heck is going on? What do they know that we don't?

It seems that the only four people that keep trying to keep this in the media are JDC, PK (Miler's club friend of the mother), some girl named Amanda, and one other person who's name escapes me right now. Has anyone seen really any kids from North Conway post on that missing page? not even the online vigil brought them out.

These kids NEED to stay out of the limelight, off the facebook vigil and out of sight...... from my personal experience and with the murder of my bestie when I was abby's age all I can say is trust me, its not that these kids don't care, but they need to stay safe...... I refuse to debate this here. :) I have only good intentions by saying that, but having been thru it myself and with these same LE agencie in the lead of this investigation they have learned to strongly encourage these kids to hope and pray, stay safe themselves, don't let media reporters get at them, don't talk to them unless your parent is there and protect yourself first....... grieve for your friend, pray they come home..... that is ALL these kids SHOULD be doing

Hey All,

My first post here (and my last one) but, as someone pretty involved in this whole thing I felt compelled to post something and also do it with a pretty up front username that would tell you I am the person who maintains the bringabbyhome.com website.

I wanted to mention a couple of things to people that I ask you all to read and keep in perspective as you post your theories and potential value judgments of other human beings

1. Everyone deals with grief and frustration differently. This is true in our community as I am sure it is in yours. Some people grieve quite vocally, some too vocally, and some internalize it. Some grieve through action, some inaction. Don't measure their caring or concern for Abby based on whether they post a lot about her. We all deal with this stuff differently.

2. For anyone who has posted about how they know someone who got "the pulse of our community" by visiting it and whether or not people are or are not talking about it, I can tell you that when over 500 people show up for a vigil on a cold Saturday night, and when every business in town has her photo everywhere (and some would say possibly even to the detriment of tourist business, to which all of the businesses would say they don't care because they just want Abby home) this is a tight knit and very caring community, and some may have theories and thoughts, but we would not necessarily be willing to share that with complete strangers and might be quite distrusting of those who ask us out of the blue. You might read into that "hiding something". I just call it "Good old fashioned New England common sense"

3. <modsnip>

4. Lastly, and even if you don't want to read anything above I posted, I do ask of you if you truly do want to help find Abby, for every day you spend on this board, also take a brief moment out of that day to go to the bringabbyhome.com website once a day, and get one of the photos of Abby and share it on your social media sites. It is truly our goal to keep her face and photo out there in as many possible places as we can. That is an actual concrete thing you can do, even when you are frustrated by lack of updates.

Thanks everyone for listening to this, and thank you for your good thoughts in the effort to continue to find Abby. We are not giving up hope and anything you can do to spread her photos would be truly appreciated.

I am in total agreement that LE should be holding a presser soon!!!!!!! But, what if they are currently working a really good lead? It would be best in that case to follow it all the way through and then hope to God they have real news to report to the public

Honestly by now I think everybody thinks she has run away and will show up soon.

I thought by now we might hear more from RM but..crickets there.

I am really interested in what the cameras revealed at that store where it was rumored she was seen.

Surely by now they have looked at lots and lots of tape and they know if it was Abby or not. I don't think they would tell RM one way or the other for fear he would talk. But as with everything else...nothing for the public.

Perhaps the fear is if they put something out that she has been seen and is running something bad will happen to her because of them telling.

Round and round we go.

I am back on the fence again. Tough one to call!

Whoa! Did anyone else just see Abby's flyer pic in the missingkids announcement just after Criminal Minds?!

It's so weird to think back to what turned someone into a WebSleuths addict. I started here with Denise Amber Lee (which happened in the town that I lived in at the time, I'm still in touch with her MIL) and Caylee Anthony. I've wandered through a few times since, but Abby just really caught my attention. I guess because she reminds me of my daughter, although Abby is younger. I just wish she'd be found.

Abby is very young to be on her own if she did decide to take off. She was only 14 and now 15. On the highway all alone she would be a sitting duck.

<modsnip>
Later it was being officially said that AH had never run away before.

I'm starting to believe that NH LE is pretty much dead set to remain as tight-lipped as possible in this kind of cases and similar ones. For whatever reason...
Just look at the Maura Murray case from Feb 2004 where MM vanished from her crashed car in Haverhill,NH. To my knowledge there has not been one single press conference by NH LE over the last eight years or so, if not more, referencing the MM case. It's apparently being studied by the NH cold case unit, but again not a word from the CCU to my knowledge...

Sigh....

Whoa! Did anyone else just see Abby's flyer pic in the missingkids announcement just after Criminal Minds?!

I did! Thought it was amazing of them to get the word out and tied in with the show perfectly.

Gail Waterhouse &#8207;@gailwaterhouse 5m Fox 25 News
CBS just broadcast a pic of missing NH teen Abigail Hernandez as part of a missing child PSA on #CriminalMinds - #FindAbby

Hey All,

My first post here (and my last one) but, as someone pretty involved in this whole thing I felt compelled to post something and also do it with a pretty up front username that would tell you I am the person who maintains the bringabbyhome.com website.

I wanted to mention a couple of things to people that I ask you all to read and keep in perspective as you post your theories and potential value judgments of other human beings

1. Everyone deals with grief and frustration differently. This is true in our community as I am sure it is in yours. Some people grieve quite vocally, some too vocally, and some internalize it. Some grieve through action, some inaction. Don't measure their caring or concern for Abby based on whether they post a lot about her. We all deal with this stuff differently.

2. For anyone who has posted about how they know someone who got "the pulse of our community" by visiting it and whether or not people are or are not talking about it, I can tell you that when over 500 people show up for a vigil on a cold Saturday night, and when every business in town has her photo everywhere (and some would say possibly even to the detriment of tourist business, to which all of the businesses would say they don't care because they just want Abby home) this is a tight knit and very caring community, and some may have theories and thoughts, but we would not necessarily be willing to share that with complete strangers and might be quite distrusting of those who ask us out of the blue. You might read into that "hiding something". I just call it "Good old fashioned New England common sense"

3. <modsnip>

4. Lastly, and even if you don't want to read anything above I posted, I do ask of you if you truly do want to help find Abby, for every day you spend on this board, also take a brief moment out of that day to go to the bringabbyhome.com website once a day, and get one of the photos of Abby and share it on your social media sites. It is truly our goal to keep her face and photo out there in as many possible places as we can. That is an actual concrete thing you can do, even when you are frustrated by lack of updates.

Thanks everyone for listening to this, and thank you for your good thoughts in the effort to continue to find Abby. We are not giving up hope and anything you can do to spread her photos would be truly appreciated.

Mr. Kirsch, thank you very much for taking time to come here and post. All of your words will be taken to heart. The goal here is unified. The goal is to find Abby as she has caught all of our hearts. Thank You and Bless You.

Is 7 threads a lot for a case? In a month?

This is how long it took other cases to reach 7 threads:

Haleigh Cummings: 2 days
Lindsay Baum: 3 weeks
Kelli Bordeaux: 10 days
Sierra LaMar: 3 weeks
Aliayah Lunsford: 2 weeks
Bryce Laspisa: 2 weeks
Jessica Heeringa: 9 weeks
Isabel Celis: 1 week
Ayla Reynolds: 5 weeks
Jessica Ridgeway: 1 week
Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook: 10 days
Adrienne Salinas: 7 weeks
Kyron Horman: 5 days
Lisa Irwin: 3 days
Dylan Redwine: 2 weeks
Holly Bobo: 1 week
Lauren Spierer: 2 weeks
Mickey Shunick: 1 week

There seems to be a correlation between how intense the media coverage is in the initial stage (which means plenty of info being released, people giving interviews, LE speaking out) and how fast the discussion moves.

So it would appear, according to this guy who posted on the conway daily sun site, that the scuttle around town is that she may have run away. Thing is, I don't believe that holds water. You don't type hearts to your bf and then take off. I just don't see any reason to take off, she had a bf, she had family and she had two dogs. I still believe she made it home, or at least to her door and something happened there. She had enough time to make it home, but not enough to drop off her stuff she had taken to school that day. I still also think she initially went willingly, or someone would have noticed a struggle, screams, or a scuffle, so I think it's someone she knew but I'm not entirely convinced it was someone she knew well. I don't buy the whole sighting at the shop by RM, I think he honestly believed it was her, but since they have cameras I'm sure it was easily checked by LE and discounted. I also don't think she was seen on Kanc highway, that person said they saw someone with a hood up, could have been anyone and I'm sure that was checked into a discounted as well, which is why the two rumored sightings were never talked about.

I agree with pkirsch..... everyone grieves and processes this differently..... the kids should be left alone and since my very first post on this thread I asked fellow posters to be respectful and do not accuse and insult those involved in abby's life...... no one but those affected know what they are going through.... be supportive and be productive...... get this pretty girl home...... keep reporting those tips!!!!!

As far as threads go...the current thread for Kelli Bordeaux has been open for eight months. When things slow down, they really slow down.

I agree with pkirsch..... everyone grieves and processes this differently..... the kids should be left alone and since my very first post on this thread I asked fellow posters to be respectful and do not accuse and insult those involved in abby's life...... no one but those affected know what they are going through.... be supportive and be productive...... get this pretty girl home...... keep reporting those tips!!!!!

And you know I respectfully disagree. I think all this secrecy and keeping mouths shut isn't bringing this child home. The mother herself said to be on the lookout for odd behaviour in people, to not comment on that odd behaviour is useless. We're all using the board and each other as sounding boards, and we do keep it tight in regards to everyone involved in AH's life, however it's quite possible that someone she knew is responsible and we can't discount that for fear of disrespecting anyone. When it comes to getting a child home, I really don't care if someone's nose feels a bit out of joint. We all, whether we said it or not, were questioning JC's involvement, he's a character and half! Some still question his actions, but for the majority of us we all see him as a Papa Bear protecting his cubs and are happy he's fighting the good fight. Had we all not bumped it around, we'd still be sitting and wondering about him and although I don't know the man, I'm sure he'd be glad to know we considered him and bandied it around. There is a child somewhere out there missing, maybe alone, frightened and hurting and maybe even worse. There's been enough silence around this case and so far it hasn't gotten that child home. Everyone in that town has been told to shut up and keep silent by the missing site and LE, I'll be darned if I'm going to follow suit, with all due respect to both you takeitfromme and PKirsch. Maybe by keeping these threads moving and on top of the missing section we are doing something concrete, because the alternative is to do what everyone else connected with this case has done...shut up. Nope, not how I view "doing something concrete". As for putting her pics on my site, I've done that and sight lot more than some of those unmentionable kids she called friends, but again that's my opinion. I'm gobsmacked by the chiding and I'll choose to understand it's done out of the same frustration and desire to bring a child home and thrash the bejesus out of whoever took her, but silence and secrecy isn't the answer. So let's hash it out, map it, timeline it out and continue to shake the walls and hopefully something will fall out of the cracks. Just adding that appreciate your calm well-thought posts takeitfromme and I believe we agree on so many aspects of this case and I do understand your viewpoint, I simply don't agree with it. I also wanted to add along with the mappers and timeliners, the ears downstairs.

And you know I respectfully disagree. I think all this secrecy and keeping mouths shut isn't bringing this child home. The mother herself said to be on the lookout for odd behaviour in people, to not comment on that odd behaviour is useless. We're all using the board and each other as sounding boards, and we do keep it tight in regards to everyone involved in AH's life, however it's quite possible that someone she knew is responsible and we can't discount that for fear of disrespecting anyone. When it comes to getting a child home, I really don't care if someone's nose feels a bit out of joint. We all, whether we said it or not, were questioning JC's involvement, he's a character and half! Some still question his actions, but for the majority of us we all see him as a Papa Bear protecting his cubs and are happy he's fighting the good fight. Had we all not bumped it around, we'd still be sitting and wondering about him and although I don't know the man, I'm sure he'd be glad to know we considered him and bandied it around. There is a child somewhere out there missing, maybe alone, frightened and hurting and maybe even worse. There's been enough silence around this case and so far it hasn't gotten that child home. Everyone in that town has been told to shut up and keep silent by the missing site and LE, I'll be darned if I'm going to follow suit, with all due respect to both you takeitfromme and PKirsch. Maybe by keeping these threads moving and on top of the missing section we are doing something concrete, because the alternative is to do what everyone else connected with this case has done...shut up. Nope, not how I view "doing something concrete". As for putting her pics on my site, I've done that and sight lot more than some of those unmentionable kids she called friends, but again that's my opinion. I'm gobsmacked by the chiding and I'll choose to understand it's done out of the same frustration and desire to bring a child home and thrash the bejesus out of whoever took her, but silence and secrecy isn't the answer. So let's hash it out, map it, timeline it out and continue to shake the walls and hopefully something will fall out of the cracks. Just adding that appreciate your calm well-thought posts takeitfromme and I believe we agree on so many aspects of this case and I do understand your viewpoint, I simply don't agree with it. I also wanted to add along with the mappers and timeliners, the ears downstairs.

I don't think that being respectful of Abby's friends and family equates with "silence and secrecy". <modsnip> If I remain silent with my opinion, it might come across as assent, and I will not insult Abby's friends (who are children for godsake!) <modsnip>.

Let 's meet in the middle here

Openly discuss...respectfully!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members