GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking about all those young people possibly headed to northern NH. And didn't somebody else report seeing a girl with a shoulder bag walking on the Kanc? Anybody remember that?

Yes, a CT couple out driving reported that with the date of the supposed sighting pinpointed to October 18th IIRC. Apparently the sighting was on the Kanc near the Loon Mountain Resort just outside of Lincoln/woodstock and the couple only found out about Abby missing after having returned home to CT.

An update from LE would be nice. Maybe let people know whether any of these sightings have been followed up on, ruled out or whatnot.

Yes, a CT couple out driving reported that with the date of the supposed sighting pinpointed to October 18th IIRC. Apparently the sighting was on the Kanc near the Loon Mountain Resort just outside of Lincoln/woodstock and the couple only found out about Abby missing after having returned home to CT.

The guy and this couple are different alleged sightings, correct?

Did MSM report on this?

This case is very confusing and mind-boggling. It doesn't seem as though this girl would run away... but they have no evidence to back up foul play. I'm going to keep an eye on this and see what happens.

Let me clarify something because the question has been asked. If you read of a "sighting" for instance, on a FB page or as a comment to a media article, simply mentioning it is not a problem. Specifiy that it's a "rumor", unofficial, and where you read it. Then include a link and direct others to it using intials and/or a date and time. The line is crossed when you begin to speculate on the rumor. Theories should always be based on reported facts, and while those are not guaranteed to be 100% accurate, as we well know, it's a guideline we follow on WS.

Did MSM report on this?

I have been wondering the same thing because I have not seen myself where this has come from, just posters referring to it. I did a quick google search just now and found nothing, apart from links to here.

I have been wondering the same thing because I have not seen myself where this has come from, just posters referring to it. I did a quick google search just now and found nothing, apart from links to here.

Im pretty sure that BOTH sightings were mentioned on the Missing FB site.. one early on, and one recent. I do not believe MSM or LE has touched on either supposed sighting...
Wish they would...

When I asked last night, I think it was said there wasn't anything in the news, maybe LE reported it. No time to scroll through old thread. I was thinking this and other rumored sightings were one in the same, so the answer to my question about official reports may have been in regard to the newer rumor and not the original one, which I thought I was asking about.

It seems it is time for LE to hold a presser, it has been a long time now. Weren't we told there would be one by end of week, last week?

Oh geez I'm cracking up. Baby Lisa brought me here which of course has gone way beyond a month, then Dylan... And thinking about it I am surprised this has gotten to 7 threads in a month, with so little information about Abby's disappearance... Personally I won't rest until we have some resolution, I am a one case at a time sleuther, I try but struggle to do more, stubborn, sucky attention span, poor concentration, I'm not sure but Abby stole my attention and I can't let go.

I can only do one at a time also. I am not sure what brought me to WS I would have to look it up. But I will say this is one site where you get the information about what is going on. I love the posters and the Mods do a great job.

Let me clarify something because the question has been asked. If you read of a "sighting" for instance, on a FB page or as a comment to a media article, simply mentioning it is not a problem. Specifiy that it's a "rumor", unofficial, and where you read it. Then include a link and direct others to it using intials and/or a date and time. The line is crossed when you begin to speculate on the rumor. Theories should always be based on reported facts, and while those are not guaranteed to be 100% accurate, as we well know, it's a guideline we follow on WS.

Thanks bessie. I always get it all mixed up about what is allowed and what is not concerning FB pages. NOW if I can only remember your words!!! ;)

The alleged sighting of a girl walking on the Kanc Highway/NH 112 just to the east of Lincoln/Woodstock, NH, was mentioned by a lady poster from CT on AH's FAcebook missing page a few weeks ago. Regrettably I have lost track of the exacy date of her posting, but i was early on.
Being a journalist myself I've been scouring the MSM for follow-ups on this alleged sighting, but no such luck!

IMHO, that in itself does not really disqualify the potential sighting. Fairly few journalists have IMHO the time, inclination and passion to check out postings pn various social media sites connected to this case and similar ones.

I can only do one at a time also. I am not sure what brought me to WS I would have to look it up. But I will say this is one site where you get the information about what is going on. I love the posters and the Mods do a great job.

Thanks bessie. I always get it all mixed up about what is allowed and what is not concerning FB pages. NOW if I can only remember your words!!! ;)

I knew I loved you for a reason! I was just discussing my brain issues with BessieLOL I'm really struggling to remember where things are, nevermind what they say. I read, all good! Then go check the oven and POOF! Begin again... :D ***all the while circling kitchen trying to find where I put that coffee cup which I know had a good few sips left in it***

Thanks MAUser, and pete! That does not give me much hope if they were both weeks ago and nothing from LE or MSM to confirm/deny :/

Thank you! :loveyou:

Now, let me confuse you a little more. If a "rumor" has to do with a person, forget it. :)

And, personal social media pages are off limits unless they belong to a victim or suspect. Even then, their "friends" are off limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela