PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This whole issue of communication among law enforcement entities at major events and during major crises just really makes me angry. This has been discussed for years now, and it still seems like little progress has been made.

In 2007, after the Virginia Tech campus shooting that killed 33 people, task forces were formed in states across the country to address campus safety and issues that we learned from the Virginia Tech mass shooting. At the time, I was working at a university in Ohio and was appointed to represent our university on the Governor's Task Force on Campus Safety that was established immediately after the Virginia Tech incident. We had many statewide meetings, including meetings with leaders from Virginia Tech's campus security team. One of the things that came up at these meetings, over and over again, was the need for improved and coordinated communication abilities among different law enforcement agencies. That was in 2007. It is now 2024. And the SS are still having this problem? Seventeen (17) years ago the communications problem among various LE entities in crisis events was highlighted as needing to be resolved. I find it amazing that it is still a problem among SS and state LE and local LE. It should be obvious and a no-brainer that this is critical - one of the most critical issues - for law enforcement in a crisis situation that they plan for when providing protection for our presidents and other VIP leaders.
I find this mystifying. How hard is it to give everyone radios and get everyone on the same channel? Isn't that what police depts do?

I find this mystifying. How hard is it to give everyone radios and get everyone on the same channel? Isn't that what police depts do?
Based on how effective (and quick) alert spectators using their loud voices were at drawing LE attention to the shooter on the roof, even having MEGAPHONES would have served better than what the SS was using that day.

Ita.
If there have been complaints from within the secret service before this -- maybe a single channel or coordinated communication is now beyond the capabilities of the secret service ?
Who knows if the hiring process has been suffering from a lack of qualified candidates or the training process has become abysmal ?
We go along living our lives thinking these are highly-trained employees when the reality may be very different.
Omo.

Since the US SS frequently works with and relies upon local LE agencies, one would assume communications between the US SS and these counterparts would be tested PRIOR to the event. So many basic procedures and protocols should have taken place before the rally.

jmo

Based on how effective (and quick) alert spectators using their loud voices were at drawing LE attention to the shooter on the roof, even having MEGAPHONES would have served better than what the SS was using that day.
Yes a volunteer town crier on the roof with an umbrella, cooler and a bullhorn would have sufficed and cost nothing.

20/20 hindsight alert: The cop who saw crooks aim at him and fell off the roof edge could have fired his pistol harmlessly into the turf to instantly put the right people into action. I suppose it could have resulted in Trumps body guards getting hit but I think many would have preferred that outcome, including the body guards.

Time for an independent financial audit imo....MOO
I posted the letter yesterday that the Finance Congressional committee sent. They want to know who got protection how much they spent how many protectings I mean complete details.

They want the detail cost breakdown of the RNC and the DNC the number of local state secret service employees.

I think that's going to tell the story.

I don't know how many of you remember the Lisa Page text messages. She and her Secret Service lover Peter, texts messages saying they didn't want Trump to be president in 2020. Peter responded I'm not going to let that happen. The texts were exposed, they sued the government, this week they rewarded 2 million. I wonder if everyone responsible for the attempted assassination at the Butler rally, it's going to get a two million dollar check.

I just don't get it with this agency. They've been riddled with scandals, prostitutes in Columbia, drugs and prostitutes in Amsterdam, and more.

This week, a security breach, National Tennessee. Two individuals were screened at the first checkpoint. They alluded the scanners and weapon check and entered the inner perimeter. Luckily someone figured it out and they will remove.
That could have easily planted a couple of explosive devices, a mass casualty.

Nope, it ain't fixed and I'm beginning to think it can't be.

Moo

A Chinese citizen was arrested this week after police said he repeatedly tried to get into former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach while he claimed that he had documents that tie his home country's government to the July 13 assassination attempt on the Republican nominee for president.

IMO, It's time for a complete overhaul !
No more syrupy words and mickey mouse bandaids.
No more praising for their complete ineptness. No more cover-up. No more " investigating ourselves". No more delay.

No more 'strongly worded' letters and youtube soundbites from Politicians.

It's time to act !

It was an issue in Uvalde! Radios did not work indoors. Uvalde was set up with a rural long range emergency network that was designed after 911. Unfortunately it didn't work indoors.
You know this isn't rocket science. If you are going to create an emergency network system you test it. You go through a real time test, incorporating a staged emergency and have all your response team treat it as real.

I worked for a ministry in Canada that had a section called the Emergency Measures response. They used to sit around spit balling all sorts of catastrophic situations where you'd have mass casualties. Everything from plane crashes in densely populated areas, train derailments with noxious substances, natural disasters like floods, etc. They hired volunteers to act as victims who display injuries similar to those in plane crashes, etc and have EMT's treat the 'patients' to gauge how quickly they respond.

It tests everything from a standby situation to actual implementation. It is the reason why, back in 1979 Mississauga, a suburb of Toronto, experienced an actual train derailment where the train was carrying hazardous chemicals that caught fire. A coordinated effort of several police forces evacuated over 200,000 citizens without any injuries or deaths. It was called the Mississauga Miracle.

I remembered with disbelief how the response for the victims of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico was a shambles because all the prep work ever done for emergency responses to catastrophic damage created by hurricanes had only ever focused on the contiguous United States.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back