GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate tlcya's excellent explanation of why discussing FB or SM posts is not allowed here. I can give you my firsthand experience with a newsworthy event involving a family member. A close member of my family was on the tall ship HMS Bounty that sunk off North Carolina in Hurricane Sandy last October. My relative and 13 others were rescued due to the heroic efforts of the Coast Guard. The body of one was recovered later that day and the captain's body was never found.

Family members of all those involved turned to the web during the horrifying hours for information and support and for weeks and months afterward to figure out what happened and why. The ship's web page was being updated by someone in the Midwest, a father of a crew member, who was not part of the Bounty organization, although the site read as the official organization site. Misinformation on the Bounty's page and on the various "support" pages was rampant. Posters built on unsubstantiated statements as if they were fact and used the conclusions they drew to blast other posters. Posters vilified each other personally. People were banned from pages by those they disagreed with. It was a free-for-all and very counterproductive.

On a scary note, my siblings and I attracted the attention of some very unstable people--people obsessed about the Bounty sinking. One in particular who lived in Manitoba and had no connection to the event, not even a love of sailing or the ocean, frightened us so much that we backed off any public social media discussions.

On the plus side, the social media sites gave me the opportunity to link with family members of others involved. I had the opportunity to personally thank several Coast Guard members who'd been on the C-130 who had circled overhead all night and threw the life raft canisters. I "met" and talked to many lovely people around the US and Canada.

SM definitely has its plusses. But you have to know it's limitations too. If you feel you must discuss things that are not allowed under WS's TOS, there are other forums that do not have the same standards that can supplement this one. But be aware: you have to consider the source of information before you accept it as fact.

If it's a leavining-on-purpose situation: I don't think you get out of North Conway alone. Or at least you don't stay away alone.

If I use my imagination, I can think of lots of ways kids can leave home with help. Some of them scarier than others. None of them is a great scenario.

As far as the source of the "rumor" not speaking. I wouldn't either. Now he's got everyone poking through everything--he's in the spotlight being grilled. He may be sorry he ever said anything at all. Besides, what's he got to say? He thinks he saw her--either he wants attention or he really does believe in what he's saying.

Well I disagree. At this point I think LE told him to say what he said and then told him to shut it down.

I think LE is orchestrating this whole opera!

MOO of course.

That could be. But IMO he just is likely overwhelmed with messages and/or is busy with RL.

I have no doubt he is sure now that he saw Abigail. But I wonder why if he was so sure when he first saw her flyer that he did not call there and then, from the motel he was staying in. I'm sure the girl he saw matched her general description. I wonder if the resemblance struck him when he saw the flyer. Then he thought about it on his drive home and decided it was more of a possibility over time and decided he should call in the tip.

My takeway from this person posting about it 2 weeks later on the missing page is that there may be other possible sightings that we do not know about and that have been called in to LE. And perhaps one of those will pan out and bring Abigail home!

Could very well be that he said what he said for the attention he received. Not much else to say when more details are requested as that uncovers his bid for attention.

We don't know what is going on but it's not productive to Abby's case to blame others, blame LE, etc.

Why not? More eyes on the ground looking for her. They told us to look for her phone, why not a confirmed sighting? Besides a confirmed sighting would give them the ability to pull the amber alert, and that's something I'm sure they'd love to be able to avail themselves of.

I think that would bring in the bad folks and I can't weigh it in my mind if all of that would be good or bad for Abby???

snipped by me. Like you I teetered back and forth. It's easier to think she's run away but it just doesn't make any sense. She's young, she doesn't have credit cards or extra cash stashed away, she'd be noticed on public transport and where she lived there isn't much out there for public transport. She'd have been noticed thumbing a ride. How would she be living if she ran away? eating? where would she sleep? She'd need help and that would take an enormous amount of work to have set up. But then how would someone have abducted her? They'd have to have known her route, other kids are also walking home and out and about, buses whizzing by, upperclassmen in their cars. After school is a busy time and there's so much activity that it's not like she was out on a deserted road. So if she was abducted it had to be someone she knew. Or did she go off with friends in the woods for some fun and things went bad? Like someone said, it's rugged terrain out there.
She doesn't appear to have been the type to get involved in those incredibly stupid sugar daddy sites or nameyourprice or meetme. I keep looking for police logs around the time of her disappearance, but they've stopped publishing them since AH has been missing.

She would have to have some help. Just for speculation only I can see her with those two it was rumored she was spotted with. Maybe a van with a few essentials and a place in the back to sleep. Three of them could make it.

Abby alone I don't think so unless she met up with some group of homeless people out in the woods. Do they have those camps or is it just too darn cold? I know they have them in FL but it's a whole different ballgame.

One thing for sure if she had a bit of money after more than a month is has to be running out and speaking of which if Abby was planning on running why wouldn't she wait a day or two and gather some birthday money???

Kids always get a few bucks from parents, grandma's and aunts. Hummm interesting thoughts going through my head.

That could be. But IMO he just is likely overwhelmed with messages and/or is busy with RL.

I have no doubt he is sure now that he saw Abigail. But I wonder why if he was so sure when he first saw her flyer that he did not call there and then, from the motel he was staying in
. I'm sure the girl he saw matched her general description. I wonder if the resemblance struck him when he saw the flyer. Then he thought about it on his drive home and decided it was more of a possibility over time and decided he should call in the tip.

My takeway from this person posting about it 2 weeks later on the missing page is that there may be other possible sightings that we do not know about and that have been called in to LE. And perhaps one of those will pan out and bring Abigail home!

I too have pondered that BBM and kind of understand it. He says he is 65 years old and that age is not real teckky. The young ones can find anything and anybody on these new cell phones but the older ones not so much.

I am thinking he didn't want to mess around in a motel and waited til her got home to find the right numbers, get a signal and call it in.

And I might add I have read where eyewitness sightings are VERY inaccurate.

I know for a fact when Morgan was still missing out in VA somebody had a sighting and took a cell phone picture of the girl. Even I knew it wasn't Morgan or did it look anything like her. Sigh...

I too have pondered that BBM and kind of understand it. He says he is 65 years old and that age is not real teckky. The young ones can find anything and anybody on these new cell phones but the older ones not so much.

I am thinking he didn't want to mess around in a motel and waited til her got home to find the right numbers, get a signal and call it in.

And I might add I have read where eyewitness sightings are VERY inaccurate.

I know for a fact when Morgan was still missing out in VA somebody had a sighting and took a cell phone picture of the girl. Even I knew it wasn't Morgan or did it look anything like her. Sigh...

Yes, there were a number of Dylan "sightings" as well.
I think LE follows all of them up as best they can but they are certainly aware of eye witness accuracy stats. And sometimes,there is no way to verify a tip. But I believe they followed up,as best as possible and if they believed this to be her, they would have amended the info given to the public, but JMO. I mean, they want her found too, IMO.

To Paul Kirsch, Zenya Hernandez, and anyone else who would like to read this on the board:

Hi- I am just a happily married Mom of three great kids. All three have done Cross Country, and my youngest two are/were (son graduated last year) Fielders on the Track and Field team for our high school. All three kids have been involved in organized sports over the years, but the most absolute wonderful and unique experience to me, as a parent, happened when my older two children signed up for Cross Country 4 years ago. As Paul and Zenya (and anyone who has a child in CC/T&F) already know- these kids and their parents are very unique in one area of sports that you never ever see with football, baseball, hockey, soccer- you see, we look out for and we CHEER for not only the kids on our team, but also the kids on the other teams as well! I cannot tell you how many times my husband and I cheered kids going up a long and hard hill running, helping them keep going. Many cheered my kids on from the opposite teams as well- not just the parents, but the kids, too !!

We have competed against Kennet numerous times. I thought for some reason that Abby was a year older in school, so when I first got involved in this search and trying to help, it was not only because one of our own in NH was missing, but one of our own in T&F family is missing. It makes no matter to me that my daughter and her friends haven't competed yet with Abby, but I pray come spring time, she will be competing against her or her friends (not sure if Abby does any fielding like javalin, high jump, shot put, or discus like my daughter), as some runners so, and some don't, but still, she is part of the T&F family, and Paul- you already know how supportive us family members and friends are of not only our own, but also the kids on the opposite team. So, with a determination and certain know how from the past of helping search for other missing folks, I set out to try and help her. It will haunt me if we don't find her soon, and alive, at that. I don't know if I can go to Kennet in the spring and not see her there with the other kids competing. Yes, you see, this is haunting me, more than you will ever know. More than you will ever know.........

So if I question things, and they may be hurtful, insensitive, or unkind in your eyes, please know, it is NOT how I mean for my words to come out. Paul, I am just as upset here in my home as others up there, sorry that I insinuated that folks weren't in your area. I am just plain upset, like everyone here, that there has been no news of this poor girl, no clues as to what happened to her, nada.

I participated in the online vigil, post her pictures on my social media sites daily, and although I am disallowed from commenting on the MHFAH page for simply asking a question (to be exact, I was actually backing someone else up when they asked why no psychic had been called in- a reputable one, that is, a criminal one), I still read there daily, as well as your site and the MAH site, hoping, praying, and wishing you all have heard or found her and that she is safe and sound. Like everyone else here, who all have big, loving, and caring hearts, we want to see Abby home with Zenya and her sister Sarah, as well as her poor boyfriend. I will keep looking for her, will help in any way I can, that is my vow and promise to you. I don't know if anything I try to contribute has helped or not, and may never know, but I just can't sit back and do nothing. My sister is also trying to help, as well as hubby and kids. I have chatted only once with you before, Paul, and you seem like a wonderful and caring friend that Zenya needs right now. As a mother like her, I thank you for doing all that you can to help her, give her my best.

Sincerely,

Steels

Yes, there were a number of Dylan "sightings" as well.
I think LE follows all of them up as best they can but they are certainly aware of eye witness accuracy stats. And sometimes,there is no way to verify a tip. But I believe they followed up,as best as possible and if they believed this to be her, they would have amended the info given to the public, but JMO. I mean, they want her found too, IMO.

But if they confirmed a sighting of a girl all alone they would have had to contend with a RSO convention up there????

Crazy world! Everything has consequences.

Any sex offender or predator knows that after school time there will be girls (or boys) walking alone at some point along bus routes from the school. Ali Lowitzer vanished after getting off her school bus, she was walking alone the rest of the way and apparently abducted, 3.5 years ago. Not a trace of her since. It would be very easy to determine the best times of day, in any town, to have a chance to find a child walking alone.

To Paul Kirsch, Zenya Hernandez, and anyone else who would like to read this on the board:

Hi- I am just a happily married Mom of three great kids. All three have done Cross Country, and my youngest two are/were (son graduated last year) Fielders on the Track and Field team for our high school. All three kids have been involved in organized sports over the years, but the most absolute wonderful and unique experience to me, as a parent, happened when my older two children signed up for Cross Country 4 years ago. As Paul and Zenya (and anyone who has a child in CC/T&F) already know- these kids and their parents are very unique in one area of sports that you never ever see with football, baseball, hockey, soccer- you see, we look out for and we CHEER for not only the kids on our team, but also the kids on the other teams as well! I cannot tell you how many times my husband and I cheered kids going up a long and hard hill running, helping them keep going. Many cheered my kids on from the opposite teams as well- not just the parents, but the kids, too !!

We have competed against Kennet numerous times. I thought for some reason that Abby was a year older in school, so when I first got involved in this search and trying to help, it was not only because one of our own in NH was missing, but one of our own in T&F family is missing. It makes no matter to me that my daughter and her friends haven't competed yet with Abby, but I pray come spring time, she will be competing against her or her friends (not sure if Abby does any fielding like javalin, high jump, shot put, or discus like my daughter), as some runners so, and some don't, but still, she is part of the T&F family, and Paul- you already know how supportive us family members and friends are of not only our own, but also the kids on the opposite team. So, with a determination and certain know how from the past of helping search for other missing folks, I set out to try and help her. It will haunt me if we don't find her soon, and alive, at that. I don't know if I can go to Kennet in the spring and not see her there with the other kids competing. Yes, you see, this is haunting me, more than you will ever know. More than you will ever know.........

So if I question things, and they may be hurtful, insensitive, or unkind in your eyes, please know, it is NOT how I mean for my words to come out. Paul, I am just as upset here in my home as others up there, sorry that I insinuated that folks weren't in your area. I am just plain upset, like everyone here, that there has been no news of this poor girl, no clues as to what happened to her, nada.

I participated in the online vigil, post her pictures on my social media sites daily, and although I am disallowed from commenting on the MHFAH page for simply asking a question (to be exact, I was actually backing someone else up when they asked why no psychic had been called in- a reputable one, that is, a criminal one), I still read there daily, as well as your site and the MAH site, hoping, praying, and wishing you all have heard or found her and that she is safe and sound. Like everyone else here, who all have big, loving, and caring hearts, we want to see Abby home with Zenya and her sister Sarah, as well as her poor boyfriend. I will keep looking for her, will help in any way I can, that is my vow and promise to you. I don't know if anything I try to contribute has helped or not, and may never know, but I just can't sit back and do nothing. My sister is also trying to help, as well as hubby and kids. I have chatted only once with you before, Paul, and you seem like a wonderful and caring friend that Zenya needs right now. As a mother like her, I thank you for doing all that you can to help her, give her my best.

Sincerely,

Steels

So eloquent, Steelslady. I'm crying--just when I was about to go out and take care of life. I am sure that ZH and PK and everyone else here will second your sentiments!

Your comments about going to Kennett in the spring hit home. It was incredibly difficult for me in grad school to have to take the shuttle bus between campuses with lots of 18-year-old boys just a few months after my cousin died. I would listen to them as I looked out the window, thinking "He should be here." I hope you will not face this situation at Kennett because Abigail will have been recovered long before then. But if you do, I am sure your being there and cheering on kids from all teams will help everyone get through it.

Any sex offender or predator knows that after school time there will be girls (or boys) walking alone at some point along bus routes from the school. Ali Lowitzer vanished after getting off her school bus, she was walking alone the rest of the way and apparently abducted, 3.5 years ago. Not a trace of her since. It would be very easy to determine the best times of day, in any town, to have a chance to find a child walking alone.

I agree with you, cluciano. In my opinion, it's still most likely than Abigail was abducted by someone she was aquainted with. But whether it was a stranger or a familiar face around town, it is entirely possible that no noticed anything out of the ordinary even on a well-travelled road. Abductions happen quickly. If passing motorists had advance warning something was going to happen, they'd be on the lookout. But otherwise, people are driving along minding their own business, thinking their own thoughts. It may not have looked like anything out of the ordinary even if someone was in view at that exact moment.

The reason Shawn Hornbeck and Ben Ownby were recovered was because of an eyewitness description of truck Michael Devlin used to abduct Ben. The bus stop was only 500 ft. from Ben's house. Mtchell Hults got off the bus with Ben. He was walking the opposite way, away from Ben, and just happened to turn back and noticed Michael Devlin's truck. He had fantastic recall about the truck because he loved trucks. His very detailed and accurate description led to the recovery of Ben and Shawn and the arrest of the "monster" truck driver. Mitchell did not see or hear Ben being kidnapped. It was serendipity that he happened to look back and that he was a truck fanatic.

Sadly, here it appears no one witnessed any abduction or anything involving Abigail and a vehicle.

Cluciano

I just want to say that while I am constantly reading the new posts here on Abby's thread, I hardly ever find it necessary to post because you always take the words right out of my mouth! I think you are one of the most logical posters here on WS and I find your insight very valuable!

Cluciano

I just want to say that while I am constantly reading the new posts here on Abby's thread, I hardly ever find it necessary to post because you always take the words right out of my mouth! I think you are one of the most logical posters here on WS and I find your insight very valuable!

Thank you...I have followed so many cases, for many years, and while victims are different, criminals and LE are often much the same in how they operate, IMO. The main difference between various LE agencies is that some are open with the public and some are not...neither method seems to prove one way or the other that they have a lot to go on, i.e LE being quiet can mean anything, from being stymied to being cagey. No way of telling. Just a lot of repetitive behaviors I have seen in various cases, so I guess I do not draw conclusions based on what LE says or fails to say...and also, I worked for a tip line for LE years ago, and the "sightings" and "tips" people call in are pretty incredible and often ridiculous. So I am a little jaded about sightings unless they are on tape or otherwise confirmed, I guess.

Anyway...I don't see anything startling or suspicious a out the handling of this case...just frustrating, as they often are.

Thank you...I have followed so many cases, for many years, and while victims are different, criminals and LE are often much the same in how they operate, IMO. The main difference between various LE agencies is that some are open with the public and some are not...neither method seems to prove one way or the other that they have a lot to go on, i.e LE being quiet can mean anything, from being stymied to being cagey. No way of telling. Just a lot of repetitive behaviors I have seen in various cases, so I guess I do not draw conclusions based on what LE says or fails to say...and also, I worked for a tip line for LE years ago, and the "sightings" and "tips" people call in are pretty incredible and often ridiculous. So I am a little jaded about sightings unless they are on tape or otherwise confirmed, I guess.

Anyway...I don't see anything startling or suspicious a out the handling of this case...just frustrating, as they often are.

Yes, there was a case in FL where the abduction of an 11 yr old girl was caught on a carwash surveillance.... her name escapes me right now but because of that tape not only did LE have the info they needed, the release of the tape got the unknown perp id'd and apprehended very quickly...... surveillance tape is the ultimate confirmation of a sighting..... a high percentage of citizen sightings and eyewitness accounts are shady due to a typical citizen not having that trained eye.......
For instance, you witness something horrible and a detective asks u a suspect description..... only a trained eye most of the time will be able to tell you what kind or color shoes said perp was wearing

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...anadian-child-*advertiser censored*-bust?lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston