GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its ridiculous that people keep posting that type of thing or alleged sightings on facebook. This is a CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION....... a child is missing and her family is suffering. Any and all sightings or info need to be called in directly to the fbi or via 911. I highly doubt that no law enforcement officer responded to this supposed call..... if that REALLY is the case that woman should be calling that PD directly until she is blue in the face and speaks with their chief directly

I would be interested in how folks calling in tips have been treated and what they were told. Anybody?

I am not looking for what you called in..that's LE business.

I am just wondering the way you were treated and if you were able to get through to..well who did you get through too?

How far exactly is Abby's home from the school? I have a daughter her age and even though she is very athletic, she would never just walk home from school. Teenage girls travel in packs. Our high school is on a well traveled road too and you never see kids just walking home. Everyone stays after for a sport, gets on the bus or drives with friends.
The one thing that struck me more than anything about this case was that she was walking, alone. When I was that age the only time my friends and I did not get on the bus was because we were meeting a boy that had a car. Many times we would be picked up a block or so away because we did not want our friends or worse our friend's parents to see what we were doing.
I just can't get it out of my head that she had to be meeting someone. Someone older, who drove.

I would be interested in how folks calling in tips have been treated and what they were told. Anybody?

I am not looking for what you called in..that's LE business.

I am just wondering the way you were treated and if you were able to get through to..well who did you get through too?

I reported several tips..... every time I was treated kindly and was taken seriously. First tip went to the fbi hotline, the next day a nhsp detective called me back and we spoke for about 10-15 minutes. The second tip also went to fbi, a few days later a sgt from nhsp I have spoken to in the past called me back and I reported 2 more tips at 2 separate times directly to him.... the last tip I reported I called the fbi tipline because I couldn't reach the sgt..... I cannot reveal here how I know it was immediately followed up on, but it was within 35 mins which made me feel very good knowing they didn't even waste time to call me back they just went and chased the lead

I just looked but could find nothing :( was it removed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

I'd imagine it was. The site clearly states to not post rumors, they will be deleted. Those rumors put the family through the wringer.

And we don't need them either.

I'd imagine it was. The site clearly states to not post rumors, they will be deleted. Those rumors put the family through the wringer.

And we don't need them either.

A policy I completely agree with :) on both sites :)

Everything above is JMO!

I have called in a few times and they were wonderful. Asked questions, took it seriously and was told they'd call if they needed to follow up with me or ask for any further information.

I did call N. Conway tipline once and was redirected, so never bothered calling the 603 number after that. Understandable, they are a small outfit and it makes sense for all tips to go to one place rather than have two lines they are trying to merge information together from.

I reported several tips..... every time I was treated kindly and was taken seriously. First tip went to the fbi hotline, the next day a nhsp detective called me back and we spoke for about 10-15 minutes. The second tip also went to fbi, a few days later a sgt from nhsp I have spoken to in the past called me back and I reported 2 more tips at 2 separate times directly to him.... the last tip I reported I called the fbi tipline because I couldn't reach the sgt..... I cannot reveal here how I know it was immediately followed up on, but it was within 35 mins which made me feel very good knowing they didn't even waste time to call me back they just went and chased the lead

Sooo one further question. Were you treated different because of who you are and known to them? Just curious.

MOO

Sooo one further question. Were you treated different because of who you are and known to them? Just curious.

MOO

No, I don't believe so..... the fbi call takers do not know me, the detective did not know me and the sgt he and I have spoken on the phone in the past for interviews but it had been about 2 yrs..... some of the guys from major crimes know me but they are so busy that they are at the end of the receiving line for the info...... I believe because I had talked to them before the sgt wanted to deal with me personally and then realized who I was..... but for this I wasn't talking to him as a reporter, just strictly a tip provider.....

However in the past and not for state police but for my hometown PD I have gotten PR's in emails with surveillance pics and called them back and said guess what, I know who that is..... so if NHSP wanted to check up on me, they would find I have a good reputation and solid good intentions

I just looked but could find nothing :( was it removed?

Everything above is JMO!

Anjl~Nope it wasn't removed. Posted about 2 hours ago on that right hand column. It's under the "recent posts by others. This woman had seen her and said she notified LE but they never came. Hmmm wonder if she called 911. Or if she called the hotline # direct.

I agree that no one should be posting this. I think when it comes to "thinking" that someone saw her or whatever, it should be called into LE and the hotline and if anything, they should post something along the lines of "please friend request me, I might have some info", that way they can send a pm or contact admin as well to confidentially talk about it. So terrible just putting it out there for everyone to see!!

Abby.........where are you sweety????

<modsnip>

Also, is there a way to make a tip other than a phonecall?

ie An email tip line?

No, I would not share here nor via email. I handed Information I felt was important to her case over to Law Enforcement. It is their information now, not mine to chatter about. I'm sure you would feel the same way. Goal here is to get Abby home and if she is still ok to keep her safe until they can find and get to her.

I shared their reaction and how they handled calls to the tipline so that any reader who may be googling around, nervous about calling, can feel comfortable about calling. They truly help you..it is a human being on the other end working for the same cause as you are.

If you have a tip and are scared the confidential tipline number is: 1-800-225-5324

Jellybeanz, if you need help and have a tip but it is too much for you Im happy to help you or I'm sure one of the mods can...or contact PKirsch directly. He posted his email a few pages back. I'm on iPad now so hard to get to, I'm sure somebody can pull it up if you can't find it.

In a case like this, my belief is generally if we have thought of it, LE has thought of it. Especially when the FBI and other speciality branches are involved.

I feel certain LE has and is doing what they can, but crime goes on. And unless they just are not saying, there is no sign of foul play, other than Abigail not being where she belongs. Although at this point, there has to have been a crime committed, IMO, unless she is with all underage folks, as any adult who knows where she is or is helping her would be committing a crime, I believe. JMO

I'm in the UK, so calling my tip is out of the question, hence why I asked if there is an email tip service.

Probably nothing anyway, but they always say no tip is too small. :(

Jellybeanz, if you need help and have a tip but it is too much for you Im happy to help you or I'm sure one of the mods can...or contact PKirsch directly. He posted his email a few pages back. I'm on iPad now so hard to get to, I'm sure somebody can pull it up if you can't find it.

Thank you, but as you said in your previous post to this one .........

LookingHoping said:
No, I would not share here nor via email. I handed Information I felt was important to her case over to Law Enforcement. It is their information now, not mine to chatter about. I'm sure you would feel the same way.

I'd rather give it to LE direct.

:eek:fftobed: getting late over here

I would never expect nor ask for you to hand over info. In fact, i dont want any! I was just trying to help direct you and did not realize the bigger issue was being in UK when I posted. Now I'm horrified at how it sounded........ Seriously thought you were nervous about calling, haven't been here long enough to k ow where people are and didn't think to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela