Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gardener1850

My father didn't believe one of his daughters from his first marriage was his because she looked nothing like him. Only when my younger sister came out looking just like our half-sister did he change his mind. Even as adults, the resemblance is uncanny.

I think that happens quite a bit. Genes are a funny thing. Not all kids look like their dad. Some favor their mom instead. And if the reconstruction and speculation her mom may have been Native American or Hispanic (or even Asian) is correct, then she would be more likely to remind TPR of her mom just from being biracial. Also if it was a baby conceived during a very brief relationship or a one night stand type of situation, I can see TPR being less likely to believe the baby was his. MOO.

I think that happens quite a bit. Genes are a funny thing. Not all kids look like their dad. Some favor their mom instead. And if the reconstruction and speculation her mom may have been Native American or Hispanic (or even Asian) is correct, then she would be more likely to remind TPR of her mom just from being biracial. Also if it was a baby conceived during a very brief relationship or a one night stand type of situation, I can see TPR being less likely to believe the baby was his. MOO.

Gene selection has always fascinated me. My kid is a clone of his father, it's like watching a ventriloquist and his dummy when they talk. He definitely gets his intelligence from me, though, LOL, but as far as a resemblance, it's as if I had nothing to do with it.

I don't recall that investigators divulged that, unless I missed it, too.
They didn’t say. They only asked that people who were in the pictures or knew who was in the pictures, contact them.

Shouldn’t the title on this thread be updated to identified?

“June 6 - Authorities reveal the identities of three of the victims found in barrels in 1985 and 2000. The oldest victim, a woman, was identified as Marlyse Elizabeth Honeychurch. Her children, Marie Elizabeth Vaughn and Sarah Lynn McWaters were identified as the oldest and youngest of the three children found. The identity of Rasmussen's biological daughter remains a mystery.”

“June 6 - Authorities reveal the identities of three of the victims found in barrels in 1985 and 2000. The oldest victim, a woman, was identified as Marlyse Elizabeth Honeychurch. Her children, Marie Elizabeth Vaughn and Sarah Lynn McWaters were identified as the oldest and youngest of the three children found. The identity of Rasmussen's biological daughter remains a mystery.”

You're late, we've already had this discussion.

Cross posting this from the Rasmussen SK tread.
The holes in the timeline are driving me crazy. A large national media blitz could generate tips to fill in those holes. Something much broader than what they did a few years ago when they sent press releases to the places he possibly had ties to.

Using this article as a reference point just because it’s the one I have open on my iPad just now: True ID of ‘Chameleon’ Killer Revealed: Terry Peder Rasmussen. “Gaps remain in the timeline and the narrative of Rasmussen’s marathon ... the time periods 1974 to 1978, 1981 to 1984, and 1986 to 1988.”

When using the known aliases he was charged with things like traffic violations and stealing electricity. I find it hard to believe that he wasn’t also arrested for this sort of stuff between 1974-1978, 1981-1984 and 1986-1988. The questions are: Where was he? What name was he using?

The media blitz should include pictures but also highlight the most notable things - his brilliant blue eyes, a drifter, heavy drinker, talkative, intelligent, charming, manipulative, etc. Is there an official profile of this guy? Clips of his voice would also be good - his voice and speech pattern are distinctive.

Ideally, this would start from the FBI at the national level - top 10 most wanted. Did You Ever Know Him? Sent to every media outlet, police station, post office, etc. in the country. Blast social media, maybe working with Facebook and Twitter to get every person using those platforms to see it. Set up a webpage and toll free number to capture the tips. Ideally create a platform (like a Facebook page) to let the public help sort through them. Let people talk about it, get people motivated to discuss and share the tips, etc. I really think the public is the key to filling in the gaps.

Rasmussen's daughter was on the news talking about how she said her half sister was beautiful (So I am assuming they might have met as children?) She believes her father killed her because she did not look like him. Maybe he thought the little girl was not his daughter?
There are questions about the truth of anything the one daughter says.

The middle child is still considered unidentified.

There are questions about the truth of anything the one daughter says.

I find her statements highly suspect. She says in the video posted above that she gave up drinking and smoking marijuana the day that she found out her father was a murderer. While I could see it being life changing to find out that your alcoholic father who abandoned you was a serial killer, I don't find it believable that someone could go stone cold sober in one day. If anything, such news would lead to a temporary increase in drinking for most people (MOO). And it also begs the question on if she has had a lifetime of heavy drinking and self-medicating with pot-- how reliable are her memories from when she was 4 years old? Then there is the fact she said she was working with a therapist. There are therapy techniques used to try to bring out repressed memories, but those techniques can also implant false memories. I don't know if she used hypnosis or something to try to remember, but If she recalled these things after police talked to her then her attempt to recall memories had already been tainted by what she was told. Don't get me wrong, I feel a lot of sympathy for AS (and all of her family) and I think she is sincere and not trying to lie. But I think she has unintentionally created false memories and is putting out information that may not be accurate. She may not ever know if those memories are real or if the power of suggestion during a therapy session planted them in her brain. MOO.

We shouldn't be challenging the credibility of the victims daughter. She is a victim in all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill