NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like directly south of Lake Havasu City, and east of Joshua Tree National Park. It's kind of remote, so unless they had like a company town/trailer park, he probably lived in Parker or one of the other small towns by the Colorado River.

Which is, by the way, the California-Arizona border. Hmmm.

BBM

Remote is right.

I wonder how investigators came across his link to the area, when he might have been there, and for how long. My theory is TPR picked up his daughter on his way to NH. She wasn't in NH very long, according to isotopes, maybe weeks to 3 months or so? Though I don't have much faith in the locations isotopes indicate, I think the timelines they produce, indicating the victim was somewhere other than NH prior to that, may have some validity.

Good point. I agree, my confidence in the isotopes is very low. But that part of Arizona into California is on the girl's isotope map.

BEAR BROOK CASE UPDATE

Efforts continue to identify a little girl discovered deceased in #Allenstown, New Hampshire. DNA testing has confirmed that Terry #Rasmussen is her biological father. He is also the primary suspect in her death. Rasmussen has since died and cannot be questioned regarding Jane Doe’s identity or who her mother is.

New information indicates Rasmussen has ties to the mines in Black Mesa, Arizona on the #Navajo Nation Indian Reservation in the early to mid 1970's. The mines were also close to the #Hopi Reservation.

Prior DNA testing on Jane Doe has revealed she is primarily Caucasian with a small amount of Asian, Black and American Indian ancestry. The investigation has also revealed that she is not from New Hampshire but most likely from Arizona, Texas, California, or Oregon. She was 2 to 4 years old at the time of her death, placing her birthday during the mid to late 1970s.

This new information is being released in hopes to generate new tips on Jane Doe and her mother’s identity.

Displayed is a facial reconstruction created by a NCMEC Forensic Artist of what the child may have looked like in life. The additional image are photos of Terry Rasmussen over the course of his life. More information can be found here: Have you seen this child?

Anyone with information is asked to call the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST or New Hampshire State Police at 1-603-223-3856.

Help ID Me

A step closer .... TY Suglo for posting

Good point. I agree, my confidence in the isotopes is very low. But that part of Arizona into California is on the girl's isotope map.

AZ & CA were, but the areas out side of her suspected area of origin were kind of downplayed as only being places she could have possibly visited, not lived, at the 2015 press conference. I need to go back and watch it. Again. LOL.

Just adding map of Black Mesa AZ and visible Native American tribes in the area mentioned in the artice - Hopi and Navajo reaching to New Mexico. However there are quite a few others tribes too.

I have highlighted Payson AZ where he and his first family with 4 children lived, so he probably worked somewhere around there when he lived there. Phoenix, as he was arrested there in June 1975 and Black Mesa as per new news article information he worked at in early to mid 70's, again when he still lived there. So probably all was in the same approx timeframe.

As per new information I wonder if police are going by theory that he met the middle child's woman still there in that area before he took off to Texas and other destinations.

So visible tribes are Hopi, Navajo and Zuni north of Black Mesa, Fort Apache and San Carlos just under Black Mesa and Gila tribe just under Phoenix. Line through map just next to Black Mesa is border of Arizona and New Mexico.

upload_2020-8-23_0-42-45.png
(click on map to enlarge)

Last edited:
Looks like directly south of Lake Havasu City, and east of Joshua Tree National Park. It's kind of remote, so unless they had like a company town/trailer park, he probably lived in Parker or one of the other small towns by the Colorado River.

Which is, by the way, the California-Arizona border. Hmmm.

My map which I have posted shows different Black Mesa, other side of Phoenix by New Mexico border.... hmm

Just adding map of Black Mesa AZ and visible Native American tribes in the area mentioned in the artice - Hopi and Navajo reaching to New Mexico. However there are quite a few others tribes too.

I have highlighted Payson AZ where he and his first family with 4 children lived, so he probably worked somewhere around there when he lived there. Phoenix, as he was arrested there in June 1975 and Black Mesa as per new news article information he worked at in early to mid 70's, again when he still lived there. So probably all was in the same approx timeframe.

As per new information I wonder if police are going by theory that he met the middle child's woman still there in that area before he took off to Texas and other destinations.

So visible tribes are Hopi, Navajo and Zuni north of Black Mesa, Fort Apache and San Carlos just under Black Mesa and Gila tribe just under Phoenix. Line through map just next to Black Mesa is border of Arizona and New Mexico.

View attachment 260901
(click on map to enlarge)

Your map differs from the one above where Black Mesa is further North. I think you found a city as opposed to an area.

Oops. See you already had this discussion.

I have to go with the one that shows the coal and energy layout.

Your map differs from the one above where Black Mesa is further North. I think you found a city as opposed to an area.

Exactly......it was the interesting portion of the map the pipeline lead to the power plant

Here is where the map came from

Navajo and Hopi under threat from coal mine expansion at Black Mesa

It is a small map the areas like flagstaff are much further .. a today map will bring you right down into the Kayenta mine that still exist

The actuality here is this would have been after 1972 up to @ 74-76 the unexpected Christmas visit ... is TPR connected to this location or does the MC have a connection

Yes, I think that's the correct one. There is coal mining at the Black Mesa I located in the western part of the state (that's why they call it Black Mesa), but it doesn't fit with the other information we have about the Navajo reservation, etc.

Sorry to jump into this discussion with only reading a little bit and a small bit of prior knowledge. What are we thinking about the UI toddler's mother? I'm assuming that the only way she wouldn't look for her child is to have been a victim, too?

Sorry to jump into this discussion with only reading a little bit and a small bit of prior knowledge. What are we thinking about the UI toddler's mother? I'm assuming that the only way she wouldn't look for her child is to have been a victim, too?

It’s not known who she is or what happened to her. Her name is obviously unknown also. She’s thought to be a possible victim— as is Denise Beaudin.

Or, deceased by a non-nefarious cause & the murderer leaving the area with his daughter.

JMHO YMMV LRR

Or, deceased by a non-nefarious cause & the murderer leaving the area with his daughter.

JMHO YMMV LRR

This is what I posted on the TPR thread a few minutes ago:

I'm thinking a couple of the reasons why the MC hasn't been ID'd yet is because TPR might have come by custody of her on the up and up. OR by way of an authorized visitation and was able to convince her maternal family of a believable, but not nefarious, tragedy to explain her disappearance, similar to what Sarah's family was told. Her m. family might not have considered her missing. He seemed really good at convincing people.
It's also possible the MC's mother didn't meet her fate at TPR's hands and may not be a Jane Doe or unsolved murder victim. It could also be that the MC's maternal family didn't know about her existence (excluding her mother, of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beth43china