NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please note. I don't like leaving mysterious posts but I can tell you that news will be made in about two weeks as public info. Presently confirmation is being done on the analysis and upcoming release of results. No none of the 4 have been identified. I can only say to look towards an announcement.

UPDATE:
The adult female is maternally related but she is not the mother, the middle child is not related at all.
There are some changes on the age estimates also and will update when I receive.
Thank you.

UPDATE:
The adult female is maternally related but she is not the mother, the middle child is not related at all.
There are some changes on the age estimates also and will update when I receive.
Thank you.

Looking forward to when more info is made public. I don't know enough about the dna to know how they can determine she is maternally related but not the mother. I am hoping a further explanation is made when that goes public. Really only because I am interested in the laymans science of how they can make that determination.

<edited to remove info I found upthread.>
Thank you for keeping us posted Lavanda! :blowkiss:

With the adult not being their mother, I'm now wondering if there is either another victim not yet found or another victim found elsewhere that is maternally related. Maybe a situation where the mom lived with her sister and her kids? and the non related female child is from a relationship the perp had with someone else?

A quick look at the thread and I didn't see if an estimated time of death was determined.

I am hoping a further explanation is made when that goes public. Really only because I am interested in the laymans science of how they can make that determination.

<edited to remove info I found upthread.>
Thank you for keeping us posted Lavanda! :blowkiss:

What they are probably saying is that there is a Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) connection, but Nuclear DNA (nucDNA) testing reveals no maternal connection.

What they are probably saying is that there is a Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) connection, but Nuclear DNA (nucDNA) testing reveals no maternal connection.

I didn't think Nuclear DNA was obtained yet. I thought it was still in the at the lab being tested stage. :waitasec: Hopefully there will be more info soon. I'm trying to figure out possibilities with this maternal connection but not the mother. Maybe an aunt? A much older sister of the younger girls? A grandparent? She might be on the young age for a grandparent, but I have met a few grandma's in their 30's in my time. It doesn't happen often, but it can.

Ages are not posted until confirmed estimation is received.
DOYOUKNOWUSUnidentified-1980-AllenstownNewHampshire.jpg

There IS a maternal connection between the "adult female" and two of the children. Just the adult female is NOT the mother. The third child is totally unrelated.
They are also going to report the age changes. Not sure if that is with the children or the adult female. I should have that information within the next day or two...most definitely by the weekend. (The ME computer is in the lab at present and it holds that info and she did not want to recall without giving it to me accurately.)
Please note that NamUs has not been updated yet...but will be.

I misspoke. I should have said there is no mother-child connection. By "maternal connection" they mean that the adult female and the two children are both connected in their family tree by a continuous chain of female relatives. Or said a different way, the adult female is related to the mother of the two children.

I misspoke. I should have said there is no mother-child connection. By "maternal connection" they mean that the adult female and the two children are both connected in their family tree by a continuous chain of female relatives. Or said a different way, the adult female is related to the mother of the two children.

So, an aunt or possibly a first cousin?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

So, an aunt or possibly a first cousin?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

Yes, if an aunt, she would have to be the sister of the two children's mother (not the sister of the father).

Or if a first cousin, she whould have to be the daughter of the sister of the two children's mother.

I put together this mtDNA map, detailing four generations in a family tree. Each of the family members highlighted in a red oval have identical Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA).

2314684930045078242S600x600Q851_zps2aebe806.jpg

Using mtDNA testing, a familial relationship could be proven between any two people highlighted with a red oval. However, the exact nature of that familial relationship cannot be determined via mtDNA testing. Nuclear DNA (nucDNA) testing must be used to establish the specific relationship between the two persons.

I live very near Allenstown. It is a very small poor town, with a few trailer parks. It is possible they were transients looking for work. (not the children, of course) This area is also high for Albanian transplants. There are a couple of small factories in the area that pay little so hire many of the transplants.

Allenstown is about 10 miles north of the major city of Manchester. (Largest city in NH with about 120K residents)

I should add that this has not been represented in the news of the area since the bodies were found. I may just have to contact the local newspaper and ask them to dredge up the cold case.

See what I find puzzling is that there are not families wondering what happened to the girls especially since the woman found with them was not their mother - so there are two mothers out there without their children ( who would be adults if still alive). How does that not escape any one's attention. The children have not been seen for over twenty years.

Any chance the unrelated child's disappearance is unrelated to the others'?

See what I find puzzling is that there are not families wondering what happened to the girls especially since the woman found with them was not their mother - so there are two mothers out there without their children ( who would be adults if still alive). How does that not escape any one's attention. The children have not been seen for over twenty years.

They very well may be....we don't know where any of the children , or young adult female, are from. (US? Canada?) My thought is that the two related children should be the first to be identified as that may be much easier as opposed to the young adult and the unrelated child. If the two related children could be ID'd that may lead the clue to the rest of their identities.

Amazing that someone got away with this. But I always thought they were not from the area or country myself. Hopefully someday there will be an answer for this case too.

How certain are they that she is not the mother? mDNA does go through mutations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member