NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in Baltimore now and working with those on my Team from the Medical Examiner Office and will pass on the NY lead. The 5 of us are the new Team in NH for NamUs. (Forensic Odontologist, law enforcement, myself, ME office and Chief Forensic Investigator) ....the CFI has a very close passion for this case to be solved. We are going to spark new flames beneath and go for National Media attention as that has not really transpired.
At the same time, please be sure to utilize NamUs in your searching.
Updates that you may not be aware...in response to some of the questions I saw...
1. The barrel was tested for prints and none found.
2. At present the skulls are at the Bode Technology for nuclear DNA testing which can take a long time. (they've been there quite a bit)
3. forensic dental xrays were done and will be in the NamUs system so if an ME or Coroner from any state wants to view to compare they will be available to him or her.
4. Mitochondrial DNA match with adult and 2 children – does not mean they are related- it's probable, but not positive. That is why the nuclear DNA has been ordered.
5. 3rd child (4-8 yr old) – mtDNA profile does not match
I'll keep you posted. Thanks! Cynthia-LostNMissing

I think we should go beyond namus, doenetwork, et al and use news archives as our search for the missing. Recently a case that has looooooong been cold (Ruth Baumgarden, she was the featured cold case last week) took a giant leap forward due to a fluke. Someone outside of websleuths found out what happened to her, came here and told us, and then suddenly a ton of articles were found that talk about her being found. The question that is being asked now is, how can we at websleuths not have found these articles earlier?

Anyway to get back on topic, at this point I think we are more likely to find a woman and children missing in old newspapers than on namus, et al. Don't forget that a third party has to report to those websites, not those who report people missing.

::runs to google news archives::

Note that I am doing quick searches, not following up on these articles or doing a deep dive on them:

3 kids missing after a fire in 1975 in New Jersey
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=FPVVAAAAIBAJ&sjid=WuIDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3184,5997708&dq=woman+and+three+children+missing&hl=en
A 9 year old boy was unidentified when the article was written.

Strange case of a woman and 3 children she was TRYING to adopt going missing. This is not them but an example of a strange case of a woman and 3 kids.
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=KM5eAAAAIBAJ&sjid=2DIMAAAAIBAJ&pg=954,7132869&dq=woman+and+three-children-missing&hl=en

Anyway in my quick search I can't find anything else in the time frame except the first link. It isn't uncommon for a woman and 3 children to go missing as I found.

I think we should go beyond namus, doenetwork, et al and use news archives as our search for the missing. Recently a case that has looooooong been cold (Ruth Baumgarden, she was the featured cold case last week) took a giant leap forward due to a fluke. Someone outside of websleuths found out what happened to her, came here and told us, and then suddenly a ton of articles were found that talk about her being found. The question that is being asked now is, how can we at websleuths not have found these articles earlier?

Anyway to get back on topic, at this point I think we are more likely to find a woman and children missing in old newspapers than on namus, et al. Don't forget that a third party has to report to those websites, not those who report people missing.

::runs to google news archives::

Absolutely correct! Utilize all sources available. NEVER keep yourself restricted to one source. Thanks for pointing that out. Also...remember...Canada is not too far of a distance and their sites can be checked as well.

I've been giving this case some thought.

What about cases where a non-custodial mother has disappeared with her kids and it was assumed to be an abduction committed by her to hide the kids and they are laying low somewhere? It would be possible for that to be faked by the custodial parent who just killed the lot of them instead, or it could be possible that a woman on the run with her family would run foul of a bad guy.

Those cases don't tend to make it onto our radar as "mother plus kids missing" we tend to see them as "kids missing".

I agree Reasy.... or even somethinglike the Jaycee case...

( This is my first post so hello everyone!)

Something that I found odd was the little girl who is ranged from the age of 5 to 10 had her ears double pierced. That may be something to look into when searching the missing people sites. That just seems to be something that is not the norm for girls of this age.

Mel

I am in Baltimore now and working with those on my Team from the Medical Examiner Office and will pass on the NY lead. The 5 of us are the new Team in NH for NamUs. (Forensic Odontologist, law enforcement, myself, ME office and Chief Forensic Investigator) ....the CFI has a very close passion for this case to be solved. We are going to spark new flames beneath and go for National Media attention as that has not really transpired.
At the same time, please be sure to utilize NamUs in your searching.
Updates that you may not be aware...in response to some of the questions I saw...
1. The barrel was tested for prints and none found.
2. At present the skulls are at the Bode Technology for nuclear DNA testing which can take a long time. (they've been there quite a bit)
3. forensic dental xrays were done and will be in the NamUs system so if an ME or Coroner from any state wants to view to compare they will be available to him or her.
4. Mitochondrial DNA match with adult and 2 children – does not mean they are related- it's probable, but not positive. That is why the nuclear DNA has been ordered.
5. 3rd child (4-8 yr old) – mtDNA profile does not match
I'll keep you posted. Thanks! Cynthia-LostNMissing

BBM ~

Did LE ever try to find out when the barrel was manufactured or the company who may have used those types of barrels? That might help to narrow down an area to search in.

Mel

I read somewhere about a woman who went missing in FLA whom was pregnant, I saved the article and info and the dates did match up..... she was a prostitute and last seen at a truck stop.. I IMMEDIATLY though of this it was like a smack to the head.... but now I am smacking my self in the head.... leaving your laptop on a desk next to a window that is open during a rainstorm is a really really bad thing! i am hunting again for the info,

I know the woman who went missing was youngish 20's and was 7 to 9 months pregnant, if anyone can help refresh my memory Id really appreciate it.

I keep a list of missing women who were pregnant (or possibly so) at the time of their disappearances, including four from Florida (1980's and prior). None of them had a mentioned history of prostitution or were last seen at a truck stop.

hmmm Ill have to double check maybe I am mistaken, about the prostittution been a while

I would really like to see this case get solved.Its been so long and they deserve to have their names back and their killer brought to justice!!
I do find it interesting that LE said the 4-8 yr old is not related to the woman.
How can a woman and maybe her 2 children and 1 child who is not related go missing and no one know?

to me, what seems the oddest is not that only two of these three children belong to the mother, but that it's the middle child who does not. If the child with a different mother was the oldest or even the youngest that would make some sense to me. But the middle child? And no one has come forward?

With the middle child not being the mother's, the scenarios I can think of that would make this possible all seem unusual and therefore important. Not only has no one missed a mother and her two kids, but no one else has missed the third child either. Where is that child's mother? Why didn't she miss the child? Are the children by the same father but two different mothers? Is the middle child any relation at all to the other children? Is the middle child adopted?

I would really like to see this case get solved.Its been so long and they deserve to have their names back and their killer brought to justice!!
I do find it interesting that LE said the 4-8 yr old is not related to the woman.
How can a woman and maybe her 2 children and 1 child who is not related go missing and no one know?

Maybe she was watching a child of someone who was in jail? Or that child belongs to the murderer and was murdered because of seeing the crimes of the unrelated children and their mothers murder?

I wish they would run DNA to see if these children have family members in the felon database.
It would probably pull a relative in days, verses the years this case could go unsolved for.

to me, what seems the oddest is not that only two of these three children belong to the mother, but that it's the middle child who does not. If the child with a different mother was the oldest or even the youngest that would make some sense to me. But the middle child? And no one has come forward?

With the middle child not being the mother's, the scenarios I can think of that would make this possible all seem unusual and therefore important. Not only has no one missed a mother and her two kids, but no one else has missed the third child either. Where is that child's mother? Why didn't she miss the child? Are the children by the same father but two different mothers? Is the middle child any relation at all to the other children? Is the middle child adopted?

Maybe a blended family is a possibility?

HYPOTHETICAL:A couple, three kids, oldest is hers by a previous relationship, second oldest is his by a previous relationship, youngest is hers by either him or her previous partner. They are living in a town where they have some friends but don't have family ties... maybe they shifted there for work. Maybe one or both of them have cut their families out of their lives already for several years. One day he tells his little family and the town they are moving out so he can take a job elsewhere. They pack their stuff, clean their house, get their security deposit back, withdraw their kids from school, say their goodbyes, pile into their car... but there is no job and never has been.

One possible scenario is a single mother with one child getting together with a single father with one child, and they have one more between the two of them. The youngest two would have the same father, and the oldest and youngest would have the same mother.

AFAIK, they have only addressed the maternal link (via mtDNA) testing. A paternal link is more difficult to establish with the identity (and nucDNA profile) of the father unknown.

ETA: Looks like reasypeasy beat me to the post with the same scenario.

Bumping....do we know if the isotope tests were ever completed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member