NH NH - April Bailey, 36, mother of 3, went to take out trash, Nashua, 15 Jan 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Living with a roommate explains why family did not notice or report her as missing immediately, but it certainly doesnt explain why the roommate waited nearly a week to report it.

Is there any significance to that 5th day? Just the random amount of time it took the roommate to grow concerned? Had friends or family stopped by looking for her and put pressure on the roommate or urged them to file a report? If no one had been by, were there plans already made beforehand that a family member or friend was going to be visiting soon and that's what prompted the report finally?

Who normally takes out the trash? If it's her, does she ordinarily do it in the evening? When is garbage day?
Was there a fresh, full trash bag with that day's trash in the garbage and is there evidence that she handled it?

Does she work? Did her employer attempt to contact her if/when she was a no show?

What is the nature of the relationship between she and her roommate? Just roommates? Do they get along/live well together generally? How long had they been roommates?

This sounds exactly like a case from a few years ago - unfortunately I cannot remember the young lady's name though I think it was Amber or similar. She was reported missing by her roommates who claim she went to take out the trash or smoke a cigarette in the middle of the night and she was never seen again. Does anyone know the one? I don't trust the roommate here either.

Ooh, my old brain vaguely remembers this- and I want to say it was on the old board- not this one.

It would be nice if we could get some more info. Not enough to do much with.

Um. If my roommate took the trash out and didn't come back after 15 minutes, I'd go looking for him/her. Call/text them. If no response I *might* wait an hour or two, maybe even more, only if they were known to decide to leave spur-of-the-moment-like and not tell me. But....I would not wait a week.

Um. If my roommate took the trash out and didn't come back after 15 minutes, I'd go looking for him/her. Call/text them. If no response I *might* wait an hour or two, maybe even more, only if they were known to decide to leave spur-of-the-moment-like and not tell me. But....I would not wait a week.

Yeah, I'd definitely be curious.

Maybe the roommate knew of something potentially suspicious/shady that could have happened voluntarily, and didn't want to get April in trouble; but I think mitigating circumstances like that end after 24 hours. Personally, I don't think I'd give it more than 6 hours before calling police; and I'd be curious and looking around outside much sooner.

Exactly....

Other two missing in Nashua also have no updates/haven't been found.

NH - NH - Michael McClain, 29, Tropical Lounge, Nashua, 21 April 2019
NH - NH - Michael Jones, 34, Nashua, 17 Jan 2019

Those two are only a couple blocks apart. April is probably not related in any way - Lynn St is right next to a wildlife park with a large pond/lake. While her roomate is sketchy, I wonder if she was despondent or just chose to go walk in the park or if she did that with any frequency? Those are pretty nice homes. خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I might be in the minority but depending on the roommate, I wouldn’t think it was weird If I didn’t hear from them for a week. If the roommate was home and knew she went out for trash that’s one thing I suppose. I had a couple of different roommates recently (in Nashua, actually) and neither had that type of relationship where if we weren’t home one night that we’d worry. Heck, one I barely talked to. Strictly business. Didn’t even tell her when I was going away on vacations. Who knows.

There’s some vital information missing.
First, she didn’t have custody of her children from what I’m recalling. I believe (and don’t quote me on this) but that she lost her rights to her minor children.
Second, her father (who I believe she had a really scary relationship with) was released from prison 2 days before her disappearance.
There’s a bunch of weird coincidences surrounding this all.
I think she overdosed and her roommate flipped and hid her though. But if not, they need to look at her dad.

New MSM article from February 18, 2020:

'This is terrifying,' says family of missing Nashua woman

NASHUA — Friends and family of a woman missing two weeks say they are frightened but holding out hope that she will return home.

“All of us relatives and friends are so lost and confused because this is not her,” Alexis Bayne said Wednesday of April Bailey.

Bailey, 36, walked outside a Lynn Street residence in her pajamas and slippers to take out the garbage Jan. 15 and hasn’t been seen since. She left behind her cellphone and purse.

“This is terrifying,” said Bayne, the fiancee of Isiah Bugg, Bailey’s son.

Bailey had been renting a room from a woman on Lynn Street. . .

This is a long article with photos, so worth it to read the rest. The article also mentions the other people that have recently disappeared. I sure hope April can be found.

The most recent news article says they are still trying to get in touch with family members. I can't imagine why that would be so difficult. It appears April was charged with filing a false report six years ago. It's anyone's guess what that's all about. It sounds like she might have had an alcohol or drug problem at some point. I wonder if she got into some kind of trouble with a dealer. She might have talked to police or given testimony. Or she might have owed someone money. I don't know much about the area. But there's a big river near there.

Not knowing the circumstances of the living arrangements, I can't jump to the conclusion that something is off with the roommate. When my dad was in his early thirties he had a roommate who spent most of his time at his girlfriend's place. He kept a room with my dad in case they broke up because it was a new relationship. This other guy was my dad's roommate but we rarely saw him. If he went missing we probably wouldn't have known. This type of arrangement is not especially uncommon, at least not in my experience. I also know of quite a few roommates who simply share a roof but have no interaction with each other; it's a living arrangement but not a friendship. On the other hand, if the roommates were close, both frequented the house, or they texted each other then I would have more questions. At this point I haven't read anything that describes the relationship the roommates had.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back