NH NH/CA - Robert Evans, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that he tended to stay in relationships for a while. Pity he didn't go for divorce rather than murder though...

True.... However we do not know if he was ever legally married or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think if he killed her in NH, she'd be in the Allenstown barrels, too. I know they conducted a major search after the second barrel was found, but do you think they might search the area again after these recent developments?
Maybe she is...maybe she's in that area...they are doing an advanced search this spring...

This victim had blunt force trauma, and was also bound with electrical tape. She was stuffed in a refrigerator that was dumped in an irrigation ditch. This sounds like a possible victim of Evans. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/320ufca.html

This one is excellent. The female detective who arrested Evans for the Joon murder in Richmond was quite certain that Evans had been living in an apartment in the back of a store where he worked in Contra Costa County.

Detectives say that the items found inside of the refrigerator lead them to believe that the fridge had resided in the East Bay. They came to this conclusion because the items that they found all had ties to that area. Some of the cities associated were; Richmond, Antioch, Pittsburgh, Oakley, and Brentwood. The electrician's tape used to tie up the victim had been purchased at the military surplus store in Oakley. There was an unopened bag of Ice from the Glacier Ice Co. which is produced in Fremont and shipped only to the East Bay. There were miniature milk cartons in the icebox that are used mainly in hospitals, schools, or institutions.

Evans was quite probably right in this area at the time. All of those locations are in Contra Costa County or near there. Eunsun Joon was killed in Richmond. The murder items were all associated with the area around Richmond. She died of blunt force trauma - Evans' MO. She was wrapped in electrical tape.That fits Evans also. There's not a lot of difference between disposing of dead bodies in a huge drum or in a refrigerator. Both objects are large, heavy, and about the same size. San Joaquin County is not at all far away from Contra Costa County or Richmond.

This one is excellent. The female detective who arrested Evans for the Joon murder in Richmond was quite certain that Evans had been living in an apartment in the back of a store where he worked in Contra Costa County.

Evans was quite probably right in this area at the time. All of those locations are in Contra Costa County or near there. Eunsun Joon was killed in Richmond. The murder items were all associated with the area around Richmond. She died of blunt force trauma - Evans' MO. She was wrapped in electrical tape.That fits Evans also. There's not a lot of difference between disposing of dead bodies in a huge drum or in a refrigerator. Both objects are large, heavy, and about the same size. San Joaquin County is not at all far away from Contra Costa County or Richmond.

The milk cartons in the frig. Wasn't there a nurse named Donna we were looking for at one point that he supposedly dated. Milk cartons from hospital?

The milk cartons in the frig. Wasn't there a nurse named Donna we were looking for at one point that he supposedly dated. Milk cartons from hospital?
I was wondering the same thing.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Denise worked for Demers Nursing home, had she gotten a CNA? Any possibility that Nurse Donna was Denise?

Wasn't the Jane Doe found in the refrigerator found in 1995? It seems unlikely Evans would keep Denise around for ~14 years.

A must read new article!

A couple of new things:

From this brand new article about the detective who arrested in the Joon case.

Gruenheid, in an attempt to get some more information about this man, asked him if his accent was from the East Coast.

“I said, ‘Your accent’s really interesting,’” she recalled. “Where did you grow up?”

The man calling himself Vanner stopped talking. He leaned close in to Gruenheid’s personal space, and his tone was completely changed.

“That’s none of your goddamned business,” he said.

Detective was from back East. She heard his accent and thought it sounded familiar, like an East Coast accent. "Are you from back East?" she asked.

Evans suddenly becomes very hostile and tells her to mind his own business.

Doesn't this suggest that he was raised on the East Coast. How else would he have an East Coast accent. Eastern accent in the US generally means New England, New York, and New Jersey - the NE US. Going south, you start getting into southern accents and those are no longer "Eastern US." The most pronounced East Coast accents are from New Jersey to Massachusetts or so. This fits in with the man who knows too much on the Allenstown blog. "That's right. You've got it. Danish with local connections." Local connections implies roots in the area.

Is this information good enough to suggest that he grew up not in the West, in California, Wyoming or Arizona, but on the East Coast close to where he did his crimes. How else do you end up with an Eastern accent other than living there.

Gruenheid found out that the man who had been calling himself Vanner had almost definitely lived in the same space behind a corner store where he worked in Contra Costa County from 1990 to 2000, the time he struck up a relationship with Jun.

The female detective also said she was quite sure that Evans had been living in an apartment in back of the store where he worked in Contra Costa County from 1990-2001. Is this good enough to place him tentatively in the East Bay of California during the missing years?

http://www.forensicmag.com/news/201...ameleon-killer-now-connected-infamous-nh-case

I have to run to get my grandson. Isotopes show she was not a foreigner; none of them were. Its possible she was raised by immigrants like I was and the girls father was too.

I feel Denise didn't make it out of NH. I think he killed her and split with Lisa.

Investigators don't think he took off alone with an infant because of the work involved in caring for one, but stranger things have happened.

Pondered that as well ..... Evans seems to have been a bit of a ladies man as shocking as that is to say... We know he traveled a lot, he could have different women in different places ...

These are all very good points. But, it seems the babies are his "sympathy" card. Just as Bundy had the cast. Only, he seems to have kept the woman and kids around long enough until they weren't of much value. We've all heard the cliche of the guy going to the park with a puppy or baby to pick up on woman. That's the same. A hard working man who "lost his wife or family" in crash, robbery, etc. It's just him and the baby...many woman would jump right in and assume the mother/housewife role. If you look at the ages of the girls in the barrel, they were past that age of being totally "helpless" and "cute" to attract women. His own daughter, old enough to be semi-self sufficient and talk. The toddler most likely wasn't "attached enough" to him or too much to handle. "Lisa" was the next bait for the next woman. Once she was older, she lost her efficacy as 'bait". This didn't slow or stop until he most likely aged out. It's one thing to be a young, struggling father just starting out and another to be a middle aged guy doing odd jobs in terms of attraction, baby or not. He could have very easily left NH with the baby alone. It would not take long to find another woman who can easily be lead into the starting a family. His tears could be real as he grieved, she would never have to deal with or have the threat of the other woman. Never a step-mom, always a mom. How convenient. How far this goes back is another thing. But, for sure the pattern of creating blended "happy" families, then destroying them. Keeping them around long enough to "lay low" and adopt his "cover story" then moving on.

These are all very good points. But, it seems the babies are his "sympathy" card. Just as Bundy had the cast. Only, he seems to have kept the woman and kids around long enough until they weren't of much value. We've all heard the cliche of the guy going to the park with a puppy or baby to pick up on woman. That's the same. A hard working man who "lost his wife or family" in crash, robbery, etc. It's just him and the baby...many woman would jump right in and assume the mother/housewife role. If you look at the ages of the girls in the barrel, they were past that age of being totally "helpless" and "cute" to attract women. His own daughter, old enough to be semi-self sufficient and talk. The toddler most likely wasn't "attached enough" to him or too much to handle. "Lisa" was the next bait for the next woman. Once she was older, she lost her efficacy as 'bait". This didn't slow or stop until he most likely aged out. It's one thing to be a young, struggling father just starting out and another to be a middle aged guy doing odd jobs in terms of attraction, baby or not. He could have very easily left NH with the baby alone. It would not take long to find another woman who can easily be lead into the starting a family. His tears could be real as he grieved, she would never have to deal with or have the threat of the other woman. Never a step-mom, always a mom. How convenient. How far this goes back is another thing. But, for sure the pattern of creating blended "happy" families, then destroying them. Keeping them around long enough to "lay low" and adopt his "cover story" then moving on.

Thank you! I believe the same thing. Great comparison to Bundy BTW. That's along the lines I was thinking.

With Ted Bundy all his victims looked very similar, on some accounts I've heard they look like an ex-girlfriend that had broken up with him. I personally believe serial killers kill because of some deep rooted personal problem and or mental illness. Gacy, Corll, and Dahmer due to struggles with their homosexuallity, and Ridgeway and Rader with their weird sex fetishes or sex addiction, etc.

Evans seemed to create different families according to his alias's and I wonder if there is more to that. Maybe Evans assumed rejection from his family at a young age lead him to trying to fill that void and find a family of his own, the only catch is he is living off of alias's and consuming many secrets. Does he get rid of his families when some of his lies surface or if something in that family isn't exactly how he'd want it? I am starting to believe the children in the barrels may have been his only child victims since he spared Lisa. My thought is he made a "learning mistake" (sick I know) with choosing his family that time with the oldest child being school age. I have no idea why he didn't spare his daughter and run off with her. Maybe he tried to spare the two youngest but it was just too much for him to handle; maybe they witnessed the murders and were old enough to talk? I do believe that when Jun was wanting to start a family and he refused he didn't want to potentially harm another child. If he ran off, a Asian baby would likely blow his cover.

A few of my theories:

Evans was probably not born in San Pedro or Evanston, Wyoming. At any rate, he did not grow up in either place. He grew up or possibly was born back East, possibly around New England.

Definitely Danish or Norwegian. On the Allenstown Research page, a commenter says, "There you go. You got it right. Danish man with local connections." This person may know who he is. It was said that he spoke a foreign language. That could be Norwegian or Danish.

Another commenter who seems like he knew who he was said, "Child molester. Took many secrets with him to his grave." This comment was made in 2015 and this person eerily seemed to know that Evans was dead.

Another commenter who knows too much said, "They were not angels and he was not necessarily evil, but they did not deserve to die." He then elaborates later on, implying that the dead woman may not have been a good person either. He says she sold her kids to Evans so he could molest them. Also said Evans blackmailed her to get her to do this. If she was a criminal too, then it makes excellent sense how we have not been able to turn her up.

Youtube commenter who knows too much said, "I know the 10 year old. She was my best friend. Her name was Stefanie."

After leaving NH with Denise, Evans and Denise may have gone to Texas. They may have lived there for some time. Denise may well have been killed in Texas, but she may have lived with Evans for a couple of years before she was killed. "She panicked in a robbery." Does this mean that Evans said she was helping him to rob someone. He says repeatedly that the girl's mother (Denise) died in Texas. Car he was driving in Santa Cruz registered to a motel in Texas.

Man and woman (Denise) who lived across from the store in 1980-81 say that the women were a family. They were "carnies" who traveled with carnivals. A man named "the trucker" seems to be involved, but he is not Evans. This man came from Texas with the woman and her two children. The three of them lived in a white trailer across from the store and later may have moved into an apartment above the store. The witness said that the woman came from a foreign country and spoke broken English. Evans may well have been molesting both of the woman's daughters. Same woman said she witnessed the killings one night - she heard them. She called police twice but no one came. She tried to call a third time but was threatened so she stopped.

From one or two other commenters, more references to "the trucker" who brought the family from Texas. Also references to carnies.

The girl in the first barrel had her skull bashed in with a brick.

Evans' daughter is quite a mystery, but there is a suggestion that she was close to the family of three who were killed.

Three females probably a family - mother and two children.

There are repeated references to "the trucker" and some seem to suggest that this is Evans. But how was Evans a trucker?

Evans' missing 12 years were mostly spent in California, where he lived in back of a store where he worked in Contra Costa County. This was near where he met wife Jun.

Evans was indeed in the military.

The store burned to the ground in 1983. A man who knows too much says that fire was related to the killings. How?
Robert Lewis Quaile Sr. Born in Cortland NY in 1937 or 38, worked in electrical maintenance department of Waumbec with Evans. They were close friends and shared "extracurricular activities." Quaile is now dead. He was a rapist.

Motive in a lot of cases was child molesting. Looks like he liked them young too. A babyf****r.

Evans is a charming psychopath, a classic case.

Those comments are eerie! I believe the poster knew Evans because there is no way they possibly could have known some of the details they brought up unless they did know him. Evans wasn't on authorities radar until 2014, and only because of his connection to Bear Brooks from the mill. Oddly enough one of the posters said their name was Denise. I almost wonder if this could be a relative or past girlfriend he didn't kill. More likely a relative or someone he confided in. I wonder if they checked any of his mail from prison or if he had any regular visitors. Whoever it is seemed to know he was deceased.

August 24, 2013 at 1:31 AM: Here is a few readings I get from this case: The boyfriend or very recent ex-boyfriend of the woman did this to the family. He worked in a factory or near a river (barges). He may have drove a light colored truck with a blue tarp in the back. He worked away from the area. The family had recently moved before the murder. The child not directly related is cousin or a very close family friend. The oldest woman's mother had recently died. The family lived above a garage or on a rented property. I feel the case definitely happened early 80s not late 70s.
Waumbac mill is on the Merrimack river and Allenstown is 20-30 minutes away from Manchester.

January 13, 2015 at 2:30 PM: The man who loaded trucks name was (NAME REMOVED) he was a man that worked carnivals. He was very nice looking but with acne he was bitten by a dog on his left cheek and had a nasty scar. He had shoulder length hair parted on the left. he was about 24/26 5foot ten/eleven hazel or dark blue eye's. He was a police officer? He had a badge. He was from Maryland. The barrels were from NY and carried sealant. Could be used for driveways or mobile home roofs. The family traveled with the carnival and from another country. They lived up above the store and they came to Allenstown NH because of the trucker and his helpers to work . The family originally stayed in a white camper that they lived in before the window blew out in a storm. There were three children and one woman. One of the middle children belonged to the trucker . The woman spoke broken English. One of the most mangled of the babies was a boy? ( I think)The Man who drove truck parked it beside the camper after the murders and The barrels showed up possibly when the mobile home was removed. The moving of the mobile home the burning of the store and the trucker are connected. (DIFFERENT NAME REMOVED). Start there.
The murder of the two eldest happened across the road from the store. The other two behind store.
I wonder what the names that were removed by the Oakhill Research bloggers were. Does anyone recall when the middle child was found to be unrelated to the rest?

March 11, 2015 at 9:45 PM: This is not a joke. Many folks are trying to piece together a crime dating back thirty some odd years. I understand the woman may have been a criminal and that could be why no-one has ever wanted to know where she was or even gave two *advertiser censored* about her however, the crime needs to be solved and the story needs to be known. I understand that someone who molested children may have been involved and even may have paid for the service mom provided in order to blackmail the person. Yet, even a story this involved needs the truth to surface I know it was said that she was no angel and he was not evil and this could be because she allowed her own babies to be used in the most horrific of ways. Is this the story? Is this why you can't come forth? So many ways this could come about like she killed the two youngest and He sought revenge? That would explain the horrific way the two older ones were taken? Am I close? Have I hit it yet? Do not be cowardly and keep the truth in. The brutality of this crime needs to surface. The cover-up may seem justified but enough is enough.
If the mother was a fugitive or a criminal that would make since to why she isn't identified yet, just like Evans true identity being unknown.

April 20, 2015 at 10:34 AM: You are correct. The answer does lie right under your nose. Danish man with connections. A child molester with many more secrets taken to the grave.
How did they know he was deceased?

Those comments are eerie! I believe the poster knew Evans because there is no way they possibly could have known some of the details they brought up unless they did know him. Evans wasn't on authorities radar until 2014, and only because of his connection to Bear Brooks from the mill. Oddly enough one of the posters said their name was Denise. I almost wonder if this could be a relative or past girlfriend he didn't kill. More likely a relative or someone he confided in. I wonder if they checked any of his mail from prison or if he had any regular visitors. Whoever it is seemed to know he was deceased.

Where did you hear that?

I am not sure what you think of the Oakhill Research blog. They furnish a lot of quotes from people but it is mostly just speculation. If any of these quotes are from people who claim to have actually known anyone involved, there is no effort to document any basis for credibility. Still, I think they are on the right track: people remember other people who pass through their lives. When people we associate with up and vanish without explanation, we would assume they had reason to take off and be a little disappointed they did not see fit to say good bye but we would not file a missing person report. Years later however, if the finding of bodies generated a lot of publicity, we might remember and come forward.

I can't get around the idea that a family of five whose breadwinner had a solid working trade would not have made many social connections. They may not have told anybody "everything" but people pick up little thing that can be used to fill in the blanks.

This story is from two days ago and contains 99% of what has been written before, except that Anaheim, CA is another city to be added to the list. http://abc7.com/news/suspected-serial-killer-spent-time-in-anaheim-more-victims-feared/1754816/

Evans was arrested n Cypress, CA (1985) Anaheim is a short distance away. Evans could have possibly lived in Anaheim at the time of the (1985) arrest.

Believe Anaheim, CA was in the NH presser powerpoint slide as a location

I am not sure what you think of the Oakhill Research blog. They furnish a lot of quotes from people but it is mostly just speculation. If any of these quotes are from people who claim to have actually known anyone involved, there is no effort to document any basis for credibility.

This is not correct. Oakhill Research say that they have been in touch with Denise the witness below, and she is a real person. However, they say some of her memories are more clear and others are more cloudy.

There is a woman named Denise on that site who lived down the road from the store around that time and later moved across the street from the store. She claims to be a witness to the murders! She says she heard the killings (perhaps screams?) late one night and called police two times but got no response. She tried to call a third time and was threatened into not doing it. But who threatened her?

Another person posts later and says the reason the police did not come was because they were parked outside the store. If the police were parked outside the store, that makes them witnesses to the killings. Makes no sense.

This woman also provides a lot of other details about the trucker, living in the white trailer, the family of three carnies coming from Texas with the trucker, moving into a room above the store. She or someone else says two were killed on the store side of the road and two others were killed across the street.

Please note that Denise the witness says that the middle child belonged to the trucker (the killer) and was not a part of the family. The information that the middle child was Evans' child was not released until a month ago. She is either psychic or she knew that the middle child was the killer's own child. How could she have known this unless she knew him?

Those commenters know things about Evans that no one could have known at that time unless they were psychic or they knew Evans. This is why these apparently spurious and mysterious comments are important. Because only a witness could have made them.

A person says in 2015 that the killer was a Danish man with connections, a child molester who took many more secrets to his grave. We now know that Evans was dead at this time, and we also know he was Danish. None of this was revealed in 2015. Either the commenter is psychic, or he knew that Evans was the killer, that he was Danish, and that he was dead in 2015. How else could the commenter know these things?

Please note that Denise the witness says that the middle child belonged to the trucker (the killer) and was not a part of the family. The information that the middle child was Evans' child was not released until a month ago. She is either psychic or she knew that the middle child was the killer's own child. How could she have known this unless she knew him?

Those commenters know things about Evans that no one could have known at that time unless they were psychic or they knew Evans. This is why these apparently spurious and mysterious comments are important. Because only a witness could have made them.

I'm not sure if this factors into that testimony, but it was known that the middle child wasn't related (at least maternally like the other two child victims) in at least 2014 via DNA evidence.

Could be the poster was referring to the guy they once thought was involved ... Cant remember his name believe he had either molestation or rape convictions there were a lot of fingers pointing at him... Any who he died as well

Steffen and Callahan one died in 2011 and the other 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members