NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the original dates when the first barrel was found in 1985 were determined using forensic techniques that were available at that time.
When they performed the advanced DNA testing & isotopes a couple of years ago, they narrowed it down to 1980-1984.
It's possible that he & Denise didn't leave NH right away when they disappeared. I don't believe we know their whereabouts from Nov. 1981 until his next known place of employment in CA, in 1984, do we? They could have stayed in NH, only left Manchester.
As I had mentioned on the Allenstown thread last year, Rockingham Park was under reconstruction during 1980-1984 due to a devastating fire.
It would almost make sense for him to move along there for work after his work at the mill was complete. Salem is not as close to Allenstown as Manchester, but it's less than an hour away.
There was a lot of construction in MA as well. He could have moved across the state line to avoid prosecution for the check-kiting charges.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I had always figured he killed them shortly after meeting Denise in 81, so with RE's daughter being 3-4, I was only searching from 1976 to 1981. Now with this article stating they believed the murders happened in 1977, that gives a much earlier window to search for. With that earlier timeline I'm seeing 27 possible missing females from NAMUS. Another article said something about RE's child most likely being from Wisconsin, New York, Michigan, North Dakota or Minnesota. And that the four of them were only in the same area for a few weeks to a few months before they were killed. That means prior to arriving in NH RE must have been in one of those states. That narrows down his movements a little.
http://www.cbs58.com/story/30551500/girl-found-in-barrel-maybe-from-wisconsin Horrid as it sounds, I do agree that he may have hidden the bodies somewhere for a time before dumping them. If he arrived in NH in the winter he could very well have left them in a camper for at least a few months due to the cold. That would give him time to figure out a good dumping site. Maybe that's why he got caught with Eunsoon. He may have planned to move her but wasn't able to do it before her friends pressured police to find her.

BBM for clarification. The bolded part is what I was making reference to when I said LE is "iffy" on 1977. It is a range. The article was not saying that it actually HAPPENED in 1977.

Did Denise have a car when she disappeared? Was that left behind or taken? I think Denise would have contacted her parents soon after she disappeared and told them where she was., even maybe a letter. It was close to Christmas, she would have certainly sent a Christmas card. Being that she did not, I don't think she was alive after she disappeared.

Did Denise have a car when she disappeared? Was that left behind or taken? I think Denise would have contacted her parents soon after she disappeared and told them where she was., even maybe a letter. It was close to Christmas, she would have certainly sent a Christmas card. Being that she did not, I don't think she was alive after she disappeared.

When you left town to avoid debts or prosecution, you couldn't just phone home or especially write. It gave you too much link that a skip tracer could follow.

Especially if you weren't sure your parents would lie for you.

There was a lot of construction in MA as well. He could have moved across the state line to avoid prosecution for the check-kiting charges.

That, too. They could have very well stayed in the New England area for a little bit before he reappeared in CA, just not in Manchester. Goodness knows he could have gone back and forth between the east & west coast a couple of times.
Randy Alcala was all over the place, and still popping up in places we never knew he'd been, with each new identified victim. Who knew he'd been in WY? Wasn't even on our radar until Christine Thornton was ID'd that I recall.

Was going back through some of the information .... Have been out the past few weeks due to Mardi Gras .. Twice Evans has mentioned Virginia once where he said he married his wife and the next time stated EJ had went there when her friends questioned him. What is the significance of stating Virginia twice in relation to two different women.

Also many have pondered the thought why did he not kill D/L ... IMO it would have been easier for him to have killed her as like he had already done before (4) bodies in barrels (1) Missing Denise and (1) missing Elizabeth (1) Deceased EJ. Then disappeared again .. Something was holding him back from doing so. He could have left the RV park killed her and went on like he had for many years using alias. He could of grown to love her ... After the 5 years of raising her .. Its puzzling .. What was so different on this occasion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Excellent point. Although people weren't connected like we are today (remember how expensive a long distance call was?) they certainly would have sent cards for Holidays or made a call.

Was going back through some of the information .... Have been out the past few weeks due to Mardi Gras .. Twice Evans has mentioned Virginia once where he said he married his wife and the next time stated EJ had went there when her friends questioned him. What is the significance of stating Virginia twice in relation to two different women.

Also many have pondered the thought why did he not kill D/L ... IMO it would have been easier for him to have killed her as like he had already done before (4) bodies in barrels (1) Missing Denise and (1) missing Elizabeth (1) Deceased EJ. Then disappeared again .. Something was holding him back from doing so. He could have left the RV park killed her and went on like he had for many years using alias. He could of grown to love her ... After the 5 years of raising her .. Its puzzling .. What was so different on this occasion.

I'm thinking if he were truly in the Navy, he may have been stationed there.

Following on the Navy route, Kincheloe AFB closed in 1977. I find this one interesting because of the closure date, the location (isotopes point to daughter being in several states, one is Michigan and it was in the upper peninsula near Canada) and it was used by the Navy as well. He may have gone to NH because his naval base closed down.

Excellent point. Although people weren't connected like we are today (remember how expensive a long distance call was?) they certainly would have sent cards for Holidays or made a call.

I would not be surprised if, considering the seemingly chaotic circumstances of her life and age - newborn child sans father, financial/domestic woes, moving, RE to deal with - a Christmas card would NOT have been a given. A "Merry Christmas" call may have been easier or more likely, but I don't think the absence of that would necessarily been alarming.

It obviously was not alarming enough to her family to cause them to report her missing.

Regarding A4 bodies from 1977...I'm not certain, but I believe in the recent press conference (January 2017) investigators narrowed the likely time frame down to either the early 1980s or even to late 1981 or early 1982.

Whether they did this due to overwhelming circumstantial assumptions (some of which we are likely not privy to) or improved forensic/genetic dating techniques, I'm not sure.

In any case, I believe the 1977 time frame is too early for our intents and purposes.

What date of birth and place of birth did Robert have on his death certificate? Can someone with an Ancestry.com account find this out?

I would think homeless shelters would be a place Robert may have used to find some of his victims.

There was an NBC Dateline episode somewhat similar to this (can view on the internet:" Angels and Demons".) A Navy vet trained in aircraft mechanics who liked to party, started a small commune and killed the members for big life insurance money. He moved around, changed his name, abused a young girl for years in the name of religion and the authorities finally traced back and found his original name.

What date of birth and place of birth did Robert have on his death certificate? Can someone with an Ancestry.com account find this out?

I would think homeless shelters would be a place Robert may have used to find some of his victims.

There was an NBC Dateline episode somewhat similar to this (can view on the internet:" Angels and Demons".) A Navy vet trained in aircraft mechanics who liked to party, started a small commune and killed the members for big life insurance money. He moved around, changed his name, abused a young girl for years in the name of religion and the authorities finally traced back and found his original name.

I had a discussion with a moderator about carrying information from ancestry or newspaperarchives here in regards to this case. Because this is a sensitive case where a serial killer used the aliases of real innocent people, I'm not allowed to carry anything from those sources that haven't been stated by LE. As Carbuff pointed out, it wouldn't be prudent to the victims whose identities he stole to be further connected by what may be not related to this case. Their names are already connected enough, including their dob's. I haven't heard back yet on whether some of the sleuthing we did regarding names from NAMUS should also be removed. It's a real conundrum when you're dealing with someone who stole identities, but it's best to be aware that other innocent people have been implicated in his criminal activity and what we put out there lasts forever.

I have also wondered why Robert dismembered his victims. Was it because he was a horrific person or used the method only to easily transfer the body from the scene of the crime. I think is was because it was easier to move the body and any unsolved murder where the body parts were found in bags would lean towards Robert Evans as the culprit. I think Eunsoon Jun was dismembered, probably for easy transport of the body, Robert slipped up and did not move the body soon enough.

As far as Ancestry is concerned... I have searched all aliases on Ancestry and found no reference to a CA death certificate for the man who died in prison in 2010. That being said, a social security death record may never have been created, not knowing his real name or SS#.

1. I believe that the Denise Laporte that BE claims to have married in Virginia, is in fact Denise Beaudin, not another woman. I do not think her killed her in NH. I also believe that she made it with him to Texas, where she may have died or where he may have killed her.

2. I also believe that he thought that Dawn/Lisa was HIS child. The timing of her birth and his relationship with her mom is just too close. Also, he may have kept her so long because he regretted "losing" his own daughter. I wonder if the family always believed that he was Dawn/Lisa's father.

3. What I really question is how he could possibly have lived in San Pablo for up to 10 years without detection. Did he not drink and drive? Did he actually pay for electricity? Did he make enough money so bad checks were not written? And did he live without the company of a woman or child??? It seems odd to me that he could have been there the whole time.

I have also wondered why Robert dismembered his victims. Was it because he was a horrific person or used the method only to easily transfer the body from the scene of the crime. I think is was because it was easier to move the body and any unsolved murder where the body parts were found in bags would lean towards Robert Evans as the culprit. I think Eunsoon Jun was dismembered, probably for easy transport of the body, Robert slipped up and did not move the body soon enough.

I'm thinking it was for convenience/ease of transportation, no some penchant he had, because he didn't dismember the two youngest.

this makes sense in that they said the home he lived in Manchester, the ground in basement "was disturbed"

his apt was close to or connected to a store. might have been a liquor store. also san Pablo is dense urban, he could probably walk most places he needed to go.

1. I believe that the Denise Laporte that BE claims to have married in Virginia, is in fact Denise Beaudin, not another woman. I do not think her killed her in NH. I also believe that she made it with him to Texas, where she may have died or where he may have killed her.

2. I also believe that he thought that Dawn/Lisa was HIS child. The timing of her birth and his relationship with her mom is just too close. Also, he may have kept her so long because he regretted "losing" his own daughter. I wonder if the family always believed that he was Dawn/Lisa's father.

3. What I really question is how he could possibly have lived in San Pablo for up to 10 years without detection. Did he not drink and drive? Did he actually pay for electricity? Did he make enough money so bad checks were not written? And did he live without the company of a woman or child??? It seems odd to me that he could have been there the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haizljnes01