NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow a sort of freeze on this forum. I just wanted to say I like where Aleph is going with bringing up serial killers with RE patterns. Since we don't know RE's true identity, maybe looking at others like RE may point us in the right direction to putting togehter the missing puzzle pieces. Kalhauser and Floyd both lived under alias's for years and their true identities were once unknown.

Wow a sort of freeze on this forum. I just wanted to say I like where Aleph is going with bringing up serial killers with RE patterns. Since we don't know RE's true identity, maybe looking at others like RE may point us in the right direction to putting togehter the missing puzzle pieces. Kalhauser and Floyd both lived under alias's for years and their true identities were once unknown.

Perhaps someone could make a list of police jurisdictions or state cold case units in the areas where the BE's daughter is thought to be from and write them letters about the case. Of contact the local media in these areas about running a story. There's lots that can be done still.

At my group, we've been looking into family finder forum posts. We finally cleared the one we thought we were going to submit. Does anyone want to take a look at some of those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm part of family finder. I have a lot of Norwegian, swedish, even have Evans for matches. So if I can help let​ me know.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm new here. I just heard about this case a couple of weeks ago and I've been familiarizing myself with it ever since. I was reading this thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ns-suspected-SK-Allenstown-1981-2000-s/page17 and saw folieadeuxnola's post #253 and noticed something. Maybe this has already been discussed, and I just haven't read that bit yet (there's a lot to read here on this case), in which case I apologize.

1980 - New Hampshire, Manchester (Robert T “Bob” Evans)
**February - Arrested worthless checks; listed spouse as (Elizabeth)
**Referenced having a 2 year old and a 6 month old
1981 - New Hampshire, Manchester (Robert T “Bob” Evans)
**November/December – Disappeared with Denise Beaudin and baby “Dawn/Lisa 6 mths old

Ok, so here's the thing: in February 1980 he says he has two kids a 2yo and a 6mth old. In November/December 1981 he disappears with Denise and Dawn/Lisa. That's almost two years apart. The 2yo would have been about 4yo and the six month old about 2yo at the time, so about the same age as the two youngest ones in the barrels. So what if he killed the older ones first and the younger ones only some time later, but still before meeting Denise?

Holy Cow! I posted a few pages back that I wondered if there was video out there of him speaking. Never in a million years thought a video would materialize.
Did we know he had glasses? I can't remember.
His voice is deep.
I'm not detecting much of an accent, definitely not a Canadian one, but some of the words he says are distinctive.

North Carolina or Virginia maybe?

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

I'm definitely getting a southern hint. His voice is very distinctive. Hopefully this will help

Interesting to read other's takes. I don't detect any Southern accent at all. I don't really recognize his accent at all. Will need to listen a few more times and try to note specific words to see if there are any regional phrases he uses.

That is nothing like I expected him to sound.

He's got the slow deliberate rhythm of the mountain west (US), but there are other regions with similar rhythm and I'm not picking up traces of a drawl. Northern California, Oregon, maybe. Or tidewater Virginia.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Here's the video on you tube for anyone with trouble viewing on the news sites:
[video=youtube;MGMok0ahhuE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGMok0ahhuE[/video]

That is nothing like I expected him to sound.

He's got the slow deliberate rhythm of the mountain west (US), but there are other regions with similar rhythm and I'm not picking up traces of a drawl. Northern California, Oregon, maybe. Or tidewater Virginia.
Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
He sounded nothing like I expected him to sound, either.
I hear a hint of southern, maybe NC or TN, in the way he says fire, there, here. A teensy weensy bit of PA and upper mid-west. I'm not hearing anything that jumped out at me as being from the Northeast, like Boston, NY, NJ, Maine. I didn't hear any regional accent tags, but I was hoping when the detective offered him a beverage, that he might say soda, pop or tonic. When he didn't, I was like, dang!
We need a linguist on here, LOL

Phrases and words he uses and my thoughts:

"I had some things to attend to" (very formal phrasing, not the way a southerner would speak IME)

"Give me Leeway"

"Ducks lined up" (repeated exactly as "lined up" instead of saying "Ducks in a row" which is the phrasing I'm more familiar with)

"We've been through this road already" (Interesting phrasing instead of using "down this road" he says "Through this road")

"You're not my priest" (Indication of possible Catholic upbringing?)

"You're not my priest, you're not my doctor" (figure of speech used to basically say he doesn't have to tell them anything/it's none of their business?)

"I'm not going to cut you off" (When indicating he didn't want to interrupt the detective speaking? )

"I've always tried to live by the motto that "There's no defense against the truth"

"southern fire was roaring last month"

When talking about the fire he mentions: "rural area" and says "most people are signed up for the fire ______?" (Can anyone understand that exact word?)

Mention of "Journeyman Carpenter", "Unions", Professional Journeyman", "Works to code", and then talks about going to work for the Forest Service.
"It used to be driving through places like that if you had a pair of shoes and you were close to the fire you would get, what would you call it, you'd get volunteered. Park your car, mister, you're going to be a fire fighter"

(That's all I saw that was unique in his phrasing...The look on his face at about 3 minutes in when they confronted him about his aliases was a flash of sheer anger, IMO, though he tried to hide it and denied using those aliases.)

From Gardener1850 When talking about the fire he mentions: "rural area" and says "most people are signed up for the fire ______?" (Can anyone understand that exact word?)

Firefighting crew.

Firefighting crew.

Thank you! the word "crew" I couldn't quite hear but now that you wrote it I can hear it. There is something odd about the tone of his voice as he says "crew". I can't quite explain it. Hmmm... So which regions would call volunteer firefighters a "crew"? Is that unique? IDK. :thinking:

I noticed he said "priest". I'm Catholic and I would say priest but my southern Baptist friends say pastor and my Methodist friends say minister.

As a multi-state southerner ... "He Ain't from down here" :wave:

Thought I had detected a hint of Texas in a single word however after the 3rd listen ... Ruled it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member