GUILTY NH - Camden Hughes, 6, suffocated, Hampton, 14 May 2011 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason this little boy is bothering me more than all of the other cases I have followed. This is really getting to me. Maybe it's because of the photo and knowing it is a photoshopped autopsy photo, I don't know. I pray that we will soon find out who he is and he can be laid to rest by family members who love and miss him.

One thought I had was if a deployed Navy person who was perhaps a single parent left the child with someone (maybe not even a family member) while deployed and this is why he hasn't been reported missing.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Grrr. Just realized I put an extra comma in the date. Oh well...the point is still the same, so I guess it doesn't make a difference. It's just gonna keep nipping at my OCD now though...

ETA: And I spelled Berwick wrong...now I'm really gonna feel the need to fix it.

ETA: Okay all fixed!!

Sorry :). The daycare child is not the same child that was found safe at home. As of the virgil this evening they still had not located the daycare child.

Thanx for clarifying Littleone! That is what I was wondering. Hmmm very interesting. I still think he's a possibility until ruled out...especially since (IIRC from a few pages back when it was first talked about) someone said that the family of the day care boy (or someone associated with him) had been contacted and didn't seem to be very forthcoming about his whereabouts (and obviously still isn't). Am I remembering correctly? Can't remember who originally posted this info...it's been a long day and I've read and re-read through this thread so many times that it's starting to all blur together.

I need to get some sleep, but I just can't stop thinking about this little boy and feeling like I need to help in whatever ways possible...

Sorry :). The daycare child is not the same child that was found safe at home. As of the virgil this evening they still had not located the daycare child.

I had it backwards. I thought the daycare kid is the one they found at home, alive!

Thanx for clarifying Littleone! That is what I was wondering. Hmmm very interesting. I still think he's a possibility until ruled out...especially since (IIRC from a few pages back when it was first talked about) someone said that the family of the day care boy (or someone associated with him) had been contacted and didn't seem to be very forthcoming about his whereabouts (and obviously still isn't). Am I remembering correctly? Can't remember who originally posted this info...it's been a long day and I've read and re-read through this thread so many times that it's starting to all blur together.

I need to get some sleep, but I just can't stop thinking about this little boy and feeling like I need to help in whatever ways possible...

I don't know. The daycare kid's identity is well known and surely has been reported to LE. If LE could not find this child, I am positive they would publicize that, stating they are looking for so and so. Could be wrong, but that's my feeling right now.

I should be sleeping but thoughts of baby boy blue have me wide awake. I can't stop obsessing over the fact that the monster that did this to him is out there right now knowing who he is and what they did yet saying nothing. How can anyone be so cold?

I don't know. The daycare kid's identity is well known and surely has been reported to LE. If LE could not find this child, I am positive they would publicize that, stating they are looking for so and so. Could be wrong, but that's my feeling right now.

Good point. I hadn't considered that.

I should be sleeping but thoughts of baby boy blue have me wide awake. I can't stop obsessing over the fact that the monster that did this to him is out there right now knowing who he is and what they did yet saying nothing. How can anyone be so cold?

Me too. I feel like I don't deserve to sleep when this little boy doesn't even have a life or a name at this point. Who am I to sleep in my comfortable warm bed tonight in my wonderful house with my beautiful children when this little boy is lying cold in a morgue somewhere with no one to love him :_(

I was so hoping that I would get up this morning and there would be an answer here on who he is. Maybe today.

Blue Eyed Boys somewhat pointy ears are pretty distinctive and I would think would make it a bit easier to eliminate potential matches.

If he also has freckles I think those two details would be very helpful...

It is hard to really tell anything from the picture for sure... because we don't know how they shaded anything... or how exactly it was altered.

However, I think it is possible this child is Eastern European.

He looks VERY similar to several children I know from Russia or other areas. The chin, the forehead, the ears... the "look" in general. The blonde hair and blue eyes... I can't totally explain it... he just looks like he is to me.

What if we are dealing with a family who wanted a child very badly... so they went to Eastern Europe and adopted one... then couldn't handle it. This has happened before... I know a woman who was convicted of killing her young child she adopted... then the one who shipped the little boy back... some people don't realize what they are getting into.

If he was adopted from an orphanage he may have had medical issues or even some behavior issues. Something that may have contributed to his death in some way.

That is the absolute last thing I want this scenario to be... because there have already been enough issues with adoption there... I don't want to see them get stopped again. :(

It is also possible that his parents are simply Eastern European. I just thought that if he was adopted that scenario might fit better with why he died but was well cared for (yet small), dressed nicely and warmly, wrapped in a blanket and left where he would be found quickly.

However... it has been bugging me the whole time... "He looks Russian to me... he looks Russian to me..."

I just thought I'd throw it out there... I really don't think the person who dropped this boy off intentionally killed him.

This is so sad. Somebody has to recognize him! It will happen.

One line of thought I'm considering is that he was dressed on purpose, in totally newly bought clothes and shoes. The blanket, too, I think. All at Walmart? It's open all night here; how about in or near Maine?

And I think his hair really might have been dyed. I have dark strawberry-blonde hair, and when I tried to die it very blonde, it came out that exact color. Exactly.

Do we have any brunettes or redheads who have gotten that shade by trying to dye their hair?

It could help explain why folks don't recognize him yet. I think it might have been cut, too.

I did a really, really rough change to the photo to show how different he could look without the same hair:

Attachments

• sweet boy.jpg
    sweet boy.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 52
In regards to the shoes, if Payless's infrastructure is anything like the retail store I work for, I can see any size 12 1/2 shoe "Disney Cars" sold since it came out and to who.. except, if bought by cash :(. However, im not sure if they have a terminal transaction lookup as complex and as far reaching as ours.

Also, as wondergirl mentioned, size 12 1/2 is a rare size in most cases because, 1.) it is not profitable for retailers to carry half sizes in kids since the demand isnt as great. And 2.) Parents over size shoe size in kids as well.. Also if it helps, inside "Charachter Shoes" or any clothing product for the most part, is a RN number... might help, but maybe not.. its kinda generic, but the search if put into the gov website is listed below...
(Im a Shoe Manager, I know these thing lol)

RN Search
https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/TextileRN/wrnquery$.startup

The Shoes posted again..
http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?skuId=082004075&productId=68276&subCatId==cat80084&catId=cat10091&lotId=082004&cid=cse_pg_1&AID=10390472&PID=4169795&SID=pz81txw03mzo

I'm quite a Cars fan myself, and that particular image of McQueen is one of several "stock images" Disney-Pixar has put on its merchandise over the years. I don't believe that exact image was used until the last year or so, but I'm going to post it on a Cars fansite and see if someone can more accurately determine when it first appeared on Cars merchandise.

According to the Payless site, those shoes are a new arrival, but McQueen still has his body style from the first movie. In the sequel, due out June 24 in the US, he has a large spoiler and different graphics, and the very most recently released Cars merchandise depicts him with his new Cars 2 look. Perhaps the shoe was one of the last shoe styles made for the original movie and it could have gone on clearance to make room for the sequel's merchandise. I imagine LE has already contacted Payless about the shoe's date of manufacture, though.

this is my first post on this thread. welcome all WS's to the unidentified forum where we try to compare UIDs with known missing persons. (there are sadly many children listed in this forum and hopefully some of the newcomers can assist trying to find matches for the others)

as for this UID, I've seen some references to LE questioning the legality of searching CODIS to compare the boy's DNA.

I am no expert on that and I have to defer to any final conclusion LE makes. however, having said that, I personally do not see the difference between comparing the boy's DNA to other DNA databases to find his identity as that may lead to a killer. really, what is the difference between comparing his DNA to the databases and comparing foreign DNA at the scene to the same databases, i.e. an adult's hair or someone else's bodily fluids (if they existed)?

it is still a crime scene irrespective of how the boy died. even if he died of natural causes and someone panicked, you have things like 1. improper disposal of human remains 2. tampering with evidence 3. hindering an investigation, etc.

I wanted to add one caveat - I realize the military has strict limits on the usage of its DNA database. I was referring more generally to CODIS.

Someone mentioned foreign adoption gone wrong. You may be onto something there. I discovered a Russian adoption photolisting. Apparently it's not kept up to date and some children who are here in American already are still listed. Unfortunately, it's a bit leap and it's in Russian. I found a way to look through the listings but it's no simple task. Here are the directions: http://russia.adoptionblogs.com/weblogs/the-biggest-russian-photolisting-of-all-

Like I said, a bit of a leap.. but you never know.

Okay, so here's what we know so far...

attachment.php

110517035429_shoes.jpg

4-6 Years Old
3 Feet 8 Inches Tall
45 Pounds
Wavy Blond Hair
Blue Eyes
Has Baby Teeth (no permanent teeth)
Faded Glory brand Gray Camouflage Zip-Up Hoodie with Sherpa Lining, sold at WalMart
Blueish Gray TShirt with "Aviator since 1932 Series" and a Biplane Screenprinted in White on the Front, Brand Unknown
Tan/Khaki Pants
New Black "Lightning McQueen" Sneakers, Size 12 1/2, sold at Payless
Wrapped in Military Green Color Fleece Blanket

Deceased Since Approximately 5:30AM on Saturday May 14th
Placed in Wooded Area Along Gravel Dirt Road Off of Dennett Road in South Berwick ME at Approximately 7:30AM on Saturday May 14th
Found at 5:00pm on Saturday May 14th
Map of Location ~ http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...48434644937742.0004a3777a853b497b304&t=h&z=19

Possible Connected Vehicle
~ Navy Blue Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab with Full Cap Over Bed
~ White License Plate with Navy Insignia on License Plate Frame

Possible Connected Person
~ White Female with Short, Sotcky Build
~ Short Dark Hair

Children Who LE Has Not Stated Are Ruled Out
~ Daycare Child

Children Who LE has Ruled Out
~ Kyron Horman
~ Tanner, Alexander & Andrew Skelton
~ Unknown Child Found Safe in Home with Family

Children Ruled Out By Obvious Elimination
~ Gabriel Johnson (too young)
~ Timothy Pitzen (brown eyes, 25lbs heavier)
~ Ezekiel Elijah-Orion Sun (missing 4 front teeth)

Payless just had a BOGO 50% off sale as well, the officer saying the shoes didn't look as though they had even been worn a week. Could there be another child to wear the BOGO shoes? Most of us can't help but take them up on the deal when the offer. As we are all thinking, why buy a second pair for a kid that you don't plan on keeping around long?

I don't think it was a planned murder. IMO...Something happened either accidentally or in a fit or rage.

I'll be interested when this has all played out, to find out the COD. My initial thought, and the one I STILL think is plausible is that this child was accidentally run over in a driveway and the panicked driver placed his body there.
It would explain why he is fully dressed (possibly got out of the house before the parent while other kids were being readied for a trip to school/ day care, etc)
I used to work in the ER- and we had a child killed who was in this exact scenario. In fact, the driver was so distraught that he attempted suicide IN THE ER.
The child was placed at the end of someone's driveway - albeit in a blanket - but perhaps to disguise the injuries, hoping someone else would run over him????
IMHO of course.

Someone mentioned foreign adoption gone wrong. You may be onto something there. I discovered a Russian adoption photolisting. Apparently it's not kept up to date and some children who are here in American already are still listed. Unfortunately, it's a bit leap and it's in Russian. I found a way to look through the listings but it's no simple task. Here are the directions: http://russia.adoptionblogs.com/weblogs/the-biggest-russian-photolisting-of-all-

Like I said, a bit of a leap.. but you never know.

When I think of foreign adoption, I assume the family is well off. Foreign adoption is not cheap. I think of those families as being mall shoppers but that is not any kind of scientific or informed deduction. :fence:

Whoever dropped off this boy must have been the primary care-giver or they did something to the primary care-giver. Otherwise the child would have been reported missing and identified by now.

I'll be interested when this has all played out, to find out the COD. My initial thought, and the one I STILL think is plausible is that this child was accidentally run over in a driveway and the panicked driver placed his body there.
It would explain why he is fully dressed (possibly got out of the house before the parent while other kids were being readied for a trip to school/ day care, etc)
I used to work in the ER- and we had a child killed who was in this exact scenario. In fact, the driver was so distraught that he attempted suicide IN THE ER.
The child was placed at the end of someone's driveway - albeit in a blanket - but perhaps to disguise the injuries, hoping someone else would run over him????
IMHO of course.

Another thought, could he have been accidentally shot by a family member or a younger sibling? The family could be protecting someone. Also, hunters & fishermen get up early to go out and often drive trucks and the child was wearing a camoflage jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717