Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 #10 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The blanket thing is all pretty much rumor to me, even though reported in MSM....until it comes from a higher source, I am on the fence.

I too really wonder if she left the house basically of her own volition , after whatever parental figures retired for the night....for whatever reason....so others of you are not alone in that thought.
Because the community is so tight lipped, we don't really know what the norms for that area are. I remember slipping outside at night, several times back in 3rd- 6th grades ( once to TP the school!!) No telling what small town, or big town, kids are liable to do, ya know.

I recall in one MSM article, a townsperson did make mention of 'kids' partying in the woods. Will see if I can find it. I do know lots of towns have that kind of stuff go on, and some tend to pretend it doesn't happen.

Yes sometimes small towns have a wilder bunch of party kids than big towns because of a little more freedom....or at least back in the day. I remember Jr High as a lot of late night drinking at the cemetery. After I left for college there was a dead body found at the cemetery one morning and it really sent a shiver down my spine.

Wow, I just don't know. I wish we knew more about the computer and the last actions that were on it. If she was on it, then maybe someone did lure her out. I have to admit, her SF's actions and history made me go in his direction, but I would think if that were the case they would have made an arrest or at least given some indication of it leaning that way. I would be very scared if I lived there, not knowing would be nerve racking. Not sure when school starts/started there, but I hope they are all safe going to and from.

I know I snuck out in the summer, usually with my older sister, when I was about Celina's age...I never would have gone out alone, but if someone came to my door, I'd go and it seems as though Celina's room had its own entrance.

I don't have any reason to suspect the stepdad at this point...all of his actions/reactions since she was reported missing could be the result of his mental illness.

I am beginning to believe that a cause of death has NOT been revealed by the autopsy, which if this is the case, probably means she did not drown and was already deceased when she went in. That fact alone would be enough to assume you have a homicide/criminal act on your hands, or, at a stretch, a badly-handled accidental death. I do not think it is out of the question that some people would prefer to hide a body rather than admit to being involved in an accidental death. I think this may have happened to Lauren Spierers, possibly Hailey Dunn, possibly other missing children...

In any event, I am sorry to hear that so many leads came in and they still are asking for help...wonder if there are people (besides a possible murderer) who actually know what happened. I hope so.

I know bullying was brought up by some posters on this thread at the beginning of the case. I'm starting to wonder if that is an avenue to be explored by LE.

Yes sometimes small towns have a wilder bunch of party kids than big towns because of a little more freedom....or at least back in the day. I remember Jr High as a lot of late night drinking at the cemetery. After I left for college there was a dead body found at the cemetery one morning and it really sent a shiver down my spine.

I went to a slumber party when I was about 12 and we all climbed out the basement window and went to the cemetery. Must be a kid thing. We were sitting on the grass (not a grave) telling ghost stories and looked up and cow was standing there behind a grave stone. You have never seen girls run that fast!

We all about :puddle:

I know bullying was brought up by some posters on this thread at the beginning of the case. I'm starting to wonder if that is an avenue to be explored by LE.

You could be right on the mark!

I wondered about that at first...but it seems we've heard nothing that indicates Celina was anything but well-liked and active in her school, etc...seems like rumors would have leaked out by now if she was an outcast or had probelms with bullies. JMO

I am leaning toward it not being anyone in the household because they have not identified where the blanket came from. I base that statement on the fact that no arrest has been made. If they knew whose blanket it was or where it came from they would certainly have the perp don't you think? jmo

No. Not unless the perp was the only person who could have possibly had access to that particular blanket.

Bullying? Wasn't she wrapped in a blanket? Maybe I don't understand bullying.

I was bullied in school, tormented, teased, you name it. Back in the 70's. And to this day, you could go back to those school mates and I guarantee not a one will admit that my life was made a living h@ll by the majority if them:(
SO who knows......I wouldn't necessarily expect kids to admit to any meanness.

OH again the blanket?? LE hasn't admitted to that, so who knows the truth, you know how MSM can be.

I suspect most (or at least many) kids snuck out occassionally when they were her age and older. Sneaking out, by definition, meaning that your parents do not know, and with her own outside exit it would not exactoy be difficult to do.

(whispers- but it isn't always 'sneaking', some parents 'know'....ya know? just saying)

Bullying? Wasn't she wrapped in a blanket? Maybe I don't understand bullying.

I think the blanket we all thought was wrapped around her was actually a cover placed on her while she was under water to avoid loosing evidence and protect her body from being seen by onlookers. I believe someone said the divers placed that on her.

QUOTE=sreshowtime;7041772](whispers- but it isn't always 'sneaking', some parents 'know'....ya know? just saying)[/QUOTE]

My 2 BFFs and I sneaked out of their house one late night- we TP'd every mail box in the subdivision. When we came back, giggling madly, their Daddy was waiting for us- on his bicycle! He followed us all around the subdivision as we cleaned up the mess, and made us get up early to go to Sunday school the next morning. I wish I could say we never did such a thing again, but we....just never got caught again!:rolleyes:

I was bullied in school, tormented, teased, you name it. Back in the 70's. And to this day, you could go back to those school mates and I guarantee not a one will admit that my life was made a living h@ll by the majority if them:(
SO who knows......I wouldn't necessarily expect kids to admit to any meanness.

OH again the blanket?? LE hasn't admitted to that, so who knows the truth, you know how MSM can be.

I wasn't bullied too much in high school, though I was miserable. I bet most of the <unusual people> who treated me like I was inferior or invisible back then had no clue how much I suffered because of their actions, because in their minds it was all about them, just like in my mind it was all about me. (Like, "Oh man, you mean it bothered Jane when I did that? I had nooooo idea it was such a big deal.") /sick Like when I attempted suicide, everyone was sooooo shocked. I think that even if she was bullied (which is not my opinion, but for the sake of argument), you are absolutely right. Here's what I guarantee we would hear:

"We didn't mean it, we were just playing around."

"Oh she knew we were just joking."

"We never thought she would get so upset about it."

People Celina's age, and even many adults, really don't get that their actions have consequences and their words have meaning. And when the poo hits the fan because of something they did or said, you can bet that 9 out of 10 people will be wide-eyed innocent and confused about the fact that apparently someone finally couldn't take any more of their carp.

I wondered about that at first...but it seems we've heard nothing that indicates Celina was anything but well-liked and active in her school, etc...seems like rumors would have leaked out by now if she was an outcast or had probelms with bullies. JMO

Bullying doesn't necessarily mean they're not well liked. Maybe someone had a jealousy issue? From what I understand she was a good basketball player. Even the most popular kids can be bullied. We've heard some horrific cases about cheer leaders and how competitive it is to the point where parents plan the crime.

Just a thought and throwing out a possible theory.

Another clue may be to look back to one of her fb posts. For some reason, to this day, it's stuck in my mind. I don't recall the date (July 21st??). Celina posted she was going to the movies with her sister. About an hour later, she said she was chilling listening to music and it was getting hot in here and she contemplated going for a walk. IIRC, it was in the evening hours ~7 pm?

Did her sister change her mind about going to the movies with Celina or did Celina have other plans? If so, who did she hang out with and where? I know it wasn't the day she disappeared but for some reason that post stuck with me. It was only a few days before she went "missing"

Bullying doesn't necessarily mean they're not well liked. Maybe someone had a jealousy issue? From what I understand she was a good basketball player. Even the most popular kids can be bullied. We've heard some horrific cases about cheer leaders and how competitive it is to the point where parents plan the crime.

Just a thought and throwing out a possible theory.

Another clue may be to look back to one of her fb posts. For some reason, to this day, it's stuck in my mind. I don't recall the date (July 21st??). Celina posted she was going to the movies with her sister. About an hour later, she said she was chilling listening to music and it was getting hot in here and she contemplated going for a walk. IIRC, it was in the evening hours ~7 pm?

Did her sister change her mind about going to the movies with Celina or did Celina have other plans? If so, who did she hang out with and where? I know it wasn't the day she disappeared but for some reason that post stuck with me. It was only a few days before she went "missing"

The fb mention of "it's getting hot in here" may well be a reference to a blatantly sexual/somewhat incoherent song of the same name by Nelly. (Do a search on the phrase, followed by the word "lyrics," and you'll see what I mean; Nelly is a male, BTW.) They (kids) all listen to this horrifying stuff, so I think Celina was familiar with it, too. (It's also used in a sort of parody video by characters from "The Office" in a much less obnoxious performance.) This makes me think she may have been pursuing a crush. That picture of her in the plaid hat haunts me. She looks quite beautiful, but she isn’t smiling—to my mother-eye, she’s trying to look older. Eleven-and-a-half (especially these days) is not too young for girls to start wishing for boyfriends. A small town may not offer many possible Prince Charmings, and the Internet can be such a dangerous place. But again, if LE (with FBI help) has found evidence on the computer of chatting with a possible suspect, the call for extreme vigilance should have gone out way sooner, IMO.

In a NYC case a few years ago, a college student from another state was shot and found wrapped in a blanket one street over from a house party he had ended up at. It was released very early on that the blanket had come from the party house. I would think that if the blanket in this case had come from Celina’s house that that would already be known to LE. So maybe it didn’t—and maybe JY is waiting for locals to check their blanket supplies to see if anything’s missing. I'm sure West Stewartstown is hearing many more rumors than we are.

Hard to believe, though, that LE would have let everyone in Celina’s family back into that house if they thought one or more of them had done it. Furthermore, I cannot fathom cremation of a child’s remains if there was no evidence pointing to her known killer or killers.

I’m just hoping JY’s being vague because LE does know, they need someone to give them something physical or provable to tie it up definitively, and she doesn’t want a lynch mob.

If LE was totally baffled by this case, then it stands to reason that they would still be asking for specific information about the days leading up to Celina's disappearance as they did in previous news conferences. Granted, this is no longer a missing person's case and Celina's body was found on August 1, but if they still weren't completely certain whether this was a suicide (or accident) that type of information would still be critical.

Using Jane Young's own puzzle analogy, the news conference today sounds like they already have all those pieces. Now, they are clearly asking for information regarding July 25, July 26 or the days thereafter.

http://www.wmur.com/video/28903886/detail.html

Asking the public's help to think back upon and report anything that they saw, heard or thought seemed out of the ordinary during the time frame after Celina's reported disappearance seems a bit like 1.) requesting that the puzzle box be passed to them so they can see the big picture on an area that is confusing or, 2.) they need everyone to look on the floor/under their chair for the last few pieces that may have fallen from the table to finally complete this very sad puzzle.

Personally, I am hoping that they are seeking to confirm, rule out or strengthen their evidence regarding various suspect(s) - and not the worse case scenario, that they still have no suspect(s).

So frustrating! Now some people are speculating that bullying may have caused Celina to commit suicide? IMO this girl was murdered and placed in the water. Nothing stated by LE says she was suicidal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!