Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 #10 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe someone has already mentioned this but I thought there was a blanket and pillow on the couch in the morning and KM is saying he sat on the couch at midnight:

Now KM is living with the mom and the daughter in an apartment out of town.

I'm going to guess that LN does not suspect KM with Celina's death. JMO

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/929105-196/details-on-celinas-lastnight-alive-described.html

I caught that too about the couch. It is confusing because we originally were told that she was in her room @ 9 pm ' on her computer.' NOW this article says the family computer was in the family room, where mom and CC had been watching tv. And then we heard that her pillow and comforter were found on the couch the next morning. If that were true, then WHY would mom go to work before checking on CC to see where she was?

The timeline in this article makes me wonder. So, WN went to wake up Celina for a 9:00 appt; after not finding her in bed and looking around the house he called LN at 9:15. BUT: he posted to one of his "friends" on FB at 9:11. Also, what time does that mean he went to wake up Celina for a 9:00 appt? I don't care how close the salon was, would you only give a kid a few minutes before waking them? Something doesn't add up.

Yes, the timeline is still a bit screwy. We had the neighbor saying that KL came to her door looking for CC around 9AM IIRC.
It could be that everyone remembers the times a little different, so the story seems to be wonky, but actually it is just because of all the commotion. Or it could be people are trying to put a nice spin on things due to the questioning of the family's actions that they have been reading on the internet.

The timeline in this article makes me wonder. So, WN went to wake up Celina for a 9:00 appt; after not finding her in bed and looking around the house he called LN at 9:15. BUT: he posted to one of his "friends" on FB at 9:11. Also, what time does that mean he went to wake up Celina for a 9:00 appt? I don't care how close the salon was, would you only give a kid a few minutes before waking them? Something doesn't add up.

WN went to Celina's room at 8:30 to wake her.

WN went to Celina's room at 8:30 to wake her.

Then, to me, this makes even less sense. So he goes in at 8:30. Celina isn't there. He walks around the house -- she's not home. FORTY-ONE minutes later, he posts on FB, then calls LN?? Nope. Makes no sense.

LE knows exactly who did this...they have from day one, in my opinion.

Honestly, I am so confused by all of it and it all seems so hinky that I am wondering if she had an appointment at 9:00, why wouldn't LCN wake her before she left at 8:15?

And why would mom ignore the empty couch with a pillow and comforter on it?
Wouldn't she wonder where her 11 yr old was at that time? I would call down to her bedroom and check the bathroom and look around right then. Especially if she had a 9 am appt.

And why would mom ignore the empty couch with a pillow and comforter on it?
Wouldn't she wonder why her 11 yr old was at that time? I would call down to her bedroom and check the bathroom and look around right then. Especially if she had a 9 am appt.

Two things come to mind: First, given the state of LN after she was called at work, I don't think she thought anything was wrong when she left the house. Unless she is Grade-A Oscar material, I don't think she could pull that off.

Second, in my house, if I didn't see my daughter in her room, and I was leaving for work, if my husband said to me, "Oh, she just went down to the basement to sleep," or "I just checked on her," I wouldn't go looking. If WN told LN that he'd just seen her, etc., that might be why she left the house thinking all was ok.

So, WN calls Mom and she comes home. SHe is then so hysterical she cannot function. And right after LE speaks to Mom the next day, they call off the widespread ground search, head to search the river banks and Mom is led away and has to be seen at the hospital later that evening.
I am not implicating Mom in the crime, but I am convinced that something was said to her and that she knew the gist of what went on that night because of it. Maybe WN said "we should check the river'.

So, WN calls Mom and she comes home. SHe is then so hysterical she cannot function. And right after LE speaks to Mom the next day, they call off the widespread ground search, head to search the river banks and Mom is led away and has to be seen at the hospital later that evening.
I am not implicating Mom in the crime, but I am convinced that something was said to her and that she knew the gist of what went on that night because of it. Maybe WN said "we should check the river'.

I totally believe WN confessed to LN. I also think she thought everything was ok when she left the house.

Celina Cass death draws more than a dozen investigators

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20110812/NEWS03/708129989

“New information continues to come in as recently as the last few hours,” she said.

Hmmm... this seemed odd to me. Like she was preparing us for something. I don't know. Grasping at straws since it's all we've gotten recently!
AAG Young is making it "sound" like all they have is leads and no real direction.
Thinking, hoping and praying its not true.

I agree that nobody close to Celina seems to suspect KM. That seems to be the community feeling as well, so that doesn't surprise me.
For whatever reason, they feel he didn't do it.

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/929105-196/details-on-celinas-lastnight-alive-described.html

Yes feeling guilt is normal in situations like this.
But turning the pictures of a missing child face down, doesn't seem quite normal IMO.

I have seen this happen in other cases, which I of course cannot find now. :banghead:

In cases where the victim isn't known to the suspect... they will use a photo during the questioning. Put it down on the table to see the reaction.

Some people refuse to look at the picture, which is definitely odd. They cover their own face, push the picture back, or turn it over.
It's the same reason that people cover the face of their victim's. They don't want to see what they have done.

The blanket, if true didn't have to mean Celina knew her killer... just that her killer didn't want to see her face. That has happened with a few serial killers when they killed younger girls. They can look at the adults they killed, just not the teen girl or child they killed.

However, if someone Celina knew is also acting like that... avoiding talking about Celina, looking at Celina. They could just avoid the situation since they are not forced to be there. Instead they go into the situation intentionally and cover the pictures... that would concern me.

MsFacetious, you were spot on with the autopsy results and the AG press conference. I'm staying patient and hopeful reading your posts. :)

I absolutely trust Jane Young.
:seeya:
She has many, even here at WS convinced they don't have a clue... that :thud: is going to get worn out when they make an arrest... :innocent:
This case definitely has different circumstances. It is definitely possible an arrest may be delayed if the suspect is already detained.
However, even if there isn't an arrest next week... I still absolutely trust this woman knows what she is doing. I just don't second guess her.

No, actually 4 have been mentioned. WN's, KM's and then there was a green Dodge something or another (sedan) that I believe was mentioned in the live updates from WMUR and discussed here, and a Blue (?) Minivan that was seen with crime scene tape around it in some of the pictures. We never knew if either of these ended up impounded, or who they belonged to.

In that case it sounds like the article could be correct and only WN's vehicle is still impounded.

snipped

The Chronicle has been told that when Mullaney came home, it was around midnight, and he can remember coming into the living room and sitting on the couch; it was believed that Celina was in her bedroom, in her own bed.

Article

I have to wonder if she was already gone by then.

Re WN going to wake Celina ... I wonder:

Did she normally get up on her own and what time?
Was it unusual for her to sleep past 8:30?
Was she excited about getting her hair cut?
Was it something she hoped to avoid?
Were there signs that her bed down in the basement had been slept in?

He did this BEFORE she was found and when divers started looking in the river.

That spells guilt out for me. WOW. JMO

Respectfully, this is as foolproof as the "If she floats she's a witch" method of decerning guilt from innocence. What you see as a sign of criminal guilt could just as easily be remorse that he failed to protect her, or an unconscious outward display of his realization that Celina was likely gone, it could have been crushing depression, or maybe he was trying to keep the pictures from blowing away or getting dusty.

And MAYBE, as seems to be the case with so many hearsay information in this case, maybe it never actually happened at all.

Schizophrenia is a very complex psychiatric disorder and it can be very difficult to treat. While there can be an abrupt "break" from reality, the symptoms can also appear gradually and worsen over time. It is difficult to diagnose because gradual symptom onset often mimics other disorders (i.e., depression, anxiety, OCD). Sadly, approximately 65-75% of schizophrenics will experience a second "psychotic episode" between 5-8 years after their first. That is why therapy, (individual AND family), as well as medication compliance/management is so important. These patients often go through many medication "tweaks" to keep the symptoms at bay. An individual's symptoms can also change over time. While he may not have made comments indicative of paranoia (e.g., "someone's watching me") even subtle changes such as increased irritability, depressed mood, or social withdrawal should be considered red flags. I do wonder how familiar/educated LN was regarding WN's diagnosis and if she was aware of what to be on the lookout for. Again, I'm not saying that WN is guilty of anything or that his diagnosis has played any part in Celina's demise. I just know how debilitating this disorder can be for not only the individual but for the entire family as well. Either way, I pray for justice and that Celina did not suffer...

thank you. I wonder if his wife Celina's mom even knew if he had it. He might have kept it a secret.

Respectfully, this is as foolproof as the "If she floats she's a witch" method of decerning guilt from innocence. What you see as a sign of criminal guilt could just as easily be remorse that he failed to protect her, or an unconscious outward display of his realization that Celina was likely gone, it could have been crushing depression, or maybe he was trying to keep the pictures from blowing away or getting dusty.

And MAYBE, as seems to be the case with so many hearsay information in this case, maybe it never actually happened at all.

Respectfully.....I'm not into burning witches. I think he's mentally unstable and, based on the info given in the article, he acted as if she was dead by turning her photos over like that. He did these actions on the day the searches began in the river where Celina ended up being discovered. This is way too much of a coincidence, IMO. This new article has given the public a lot more info than was previously given so I'm going to hope that it's accurate. You know, you're right, the flipping over of the photos could be him trying to protect her image from the dust but I really doubt it. JMO

He did this BEFORE she was found and when divers started looking in the river.

That spells guilt out for me. WOW. JMO

Interesting.

To me, knowing that someone is deceased is different than causing their death.

I could even see someone close to him, who knew about his illness, using that information against him (i.e. "keep your mouth shut, because you know LE will come looking for you").

That silence, and perhaps the shame and remorse, would cause feelings of guilt too. Just of a different kind.

Just another POV to throw out into the mix.

maybe someone has already mentioned this but I thought there was a blanket and pillow on the couch in the morning and KM is saying he sat on the couch at midnight:

Now KM is living with the mom and the daughter in an apartment out of town.

I'm going to guess that LN does not suspect KM with Celina's death. JMO

I thought someone earlier said Celina slept on the couch that night because her sister was at a sleepover with a friend.

I thought someone earlier said Celina slept on the couch that night because her sister was at a sleepover with a friend.

I believe that is what her aunt said - that she was too afraid to sleep down in the basement room w/o her sister and would normally sleep on the couch.

Either way, KM came home and sat on the couch at midnight. That eliminates either WN or CC from being on the couch at that time.

IMO, it has been patently obvious who did this from the get-go.

Respectfully.....I'm not into burning witches. I think he's mentally unstable and, based on the info given in the article, he acted as if she was dead by turning her photos over like that. He did these actions on the day the searches began in the river where Celina ended up being discovered. This is way too much of a coincidence, IMO. This new article has given the public a lot more info than was previously given so I'm going to hope that it's accurate. You know, you're right, the flipping over of the photos could be him trying to protect her image from the dust but I really doubt it. JMO

Do you suppose the prosecution will use this "turning of the pictures" incident as evidence in their case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali