Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 #10 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a friend who's brother has Schizophrenia. They had to remove all pictures of people from his room. (he is in a medical facility). Even on medication it upsets him.

Call me crazy, but i still think it was someone she went to go meet up with that night and something bad may have happened, <modsnip>.

My instinct is telling me it wasn't WN... I'm not exactly sure why but it doesn't add up to me unless it was some psychotic rage thing, but then everyone in the house would hear it! That would mean LN and his own Mom would know what happened. Also... it just seems like if his FB account was real and if he was attracted to girls that "looked" like that, he'd be more attracted to someone else in the house who was shapelier. Plus, there's no evidence that he even has pedophile tendencies! Does that just start in your 40's? I would think not.
Sorry, <modsnip> and even though she has now gotten an apt. with KM & KL, doesn't prove that KM is innocent. She just may be choosing to believe him IF he did have anything to do with it.
If it was WN, then I think LN knows IMHO.

ETA: Lastly, it would be advantageous for LE to allow people to think it was WN IF they were trying to travel down another road and didn't want anyone to know their suspicions...

Some snipping here for length...

The timeline in this article makes me wonder. So, WN went to wake up Celina for a 9:00 appt; after not finding her in bed and looking around the house he called LN at 9:15. BUT: he posted to one of his "friends" on FB at 9:11. Also, what time does that mean he went to wake up Celina for a 9:00 appt? I don't care how close the salon was, would you only give a kid a few minutes before waking them? Something doesn't add up.

I think that even trying to make a timeline add up in this case is kind of futile, given the conflicting information we've got. None of it is really confirmed and is just what has been reported. But going with the 9 am appointment thing, I think a person could assume that Celina had already left the house so just went about his normal business. Perhaps the salon called when she didn't show up. At this point, I don't think I have any better idea of the sequence of events than I did before.

Two things come to mind: First, given the state of LN after she was called at work, I don't think she thought anything was wrong when she left the house. Unless she is Grade-A Oscar material, I don't think she could pull that off.

She probably didn't. She just left for work at the usual time, as always.

However, even if there isn't an arrest next week... I still absolutely trust this woman knows what she is doing. I just don't second guess her.

I don't think I've ever trusted anyone in LE to that level, not because I don't think they are doing their jobs or anything like that. But each case is different, and I can't judge how well they'll do in one case based on one or more others they've been involved in. I approach these things on a case-by-case basis.

I'm getting the impression from some posts about this AG that she likes delivering surprises and 'gotcha' moments, and if that's the case I'm not impressed. But I don't know if that's really true of her or not, since it's really just an opinion of her. Some in LE like to say that they have a POI and some don't, but I would hope that not giving specifics of that isn't because an AG likes 'Perry Mason moments'. I'd rather think that it's just because she's cautious and thorough--and maybe she is.

So far I don't have any reason to be more impressed with this AG and local LE (or less, for that matter) than in any other case.

Respectfully, this is as foolproof as the "If she floats she's a witch" method of decerning guilt from innocence. What you see as a sign of criminal guilt could just as easily be remorse that he failed to protect her, or an unconscious outward display of his realization that Celina was likely gone, it could have been crushing depression, or maybe he was trying to keep the pictures from blowing away or getting dusty.

And MAYBE, as seems to be the case with so many hearsay information in this case, maybe it never actually happened at all.

Agreed. I think that there are too many possibilities for what that action could mean to assign any meaning to it.

Do you suppose the prosecution will use this "turning of the pictures" incident as evidence in their case?

No, but if the investigators were still trying to figure out who their suspects were it would certainly cause them to investigate him as one. We're not acting like prosecutors here, just amateur detectives!

I thought someone earlier said Celina slept on the couch that night because her sister was at a sleepover with a friend.

I think people have said, and papers have reported, all kinds of things that are not necesarily accurate. For example:

Bio-Dad, after initially talking about how great Celina's family was, did a complete one-eighty and began regailing the press with harrowing tales of basement floors and air-matresses. From this some concluded that these poor girls slept in what was essentially a dungeon, complete with spiders and centepedes, dripping rock walls and bare-bulb lights, and terrified girls shivering down their in the pit.

Apparently however, none of this is correct. The kids were not confined to the Count of Monte Crisco's cell, they were not shivering in the darkness with only the skitter of bugs and the drip of water and tears to keep them company. They had a non-dungeon room downstairs, complete with beds and (one might suspect) posters of Justin Beiber and Hannah Montana on the walls.

And based on mom's non-reaction to her absense from the couch, I think we can also safely dismiss the "She was terrified to sleep down there" story that went the rounds. Or not. As time goes on we will hopefully learn more.

My Opinion Only

I have a friend who's brother has Schizophrenia. They had to remove all pictures of people from his room. (he is in a medical facility). Even on medication it upsets him.

Interesting...do you know why?

Do you suppose the prosecution will use this "turning of the pictures" incident as evidence in their case?

I do. If it is true it could be used as part of many other things to try to show consciousness of guilt. However, my feeling is they have much better evidence than this, right now, that will help them lead to an arrest and possible conviction of someone, in the near future.

That's fascinating.

WN's actions actually reminded me of the "sitting shiva" practice of covering/turning mirrors while mourning.

The practice of covering the mirrors began centuries ago and was based on a belief that spirits were attracted to mirrors. Some people thought that the soul could be trapped in the reflection, or that the dead person's spirit lingered on earth for a time and might reach out from"the other side."

Source: http://www.jhom.com/topics/seven/shiva.html

Some cutures/belief systems think the same is true of photographs.

By guilt, I mean personal guilt, I can't forecast legal guilt considering he is mentally unwell. He was acting guilty by his "turning of the pictures" and his other actions IMO.

How long did he even know Celina? 1 year? IDK. I read that he married LN last fall.

By guilt, I mean personal guilt, I can't forecast legal guilt considering he is mentally unwell. He was acting guilty by his "turning of the pictures" and his other actions IMO.

How long did he even know Celina? 1 year? IDK. I read that he married LN last fall.

BBM

This is what makes his actions more odd, in my opinion. I'm not saying that he didn't care about the child, but to be having fits in the driveway and turning pictures over when he'd only been married to LN for less than a year seems extremely strange. Again, I'm not suggesting he didn't care -- but to be doing those things, not related to her, not having known her that long, BEFORE he knew she was dead, seems bizarre. MOO.

BBM

This is what makes his actions more odd, in my opinion. I'm not saying that he didn't care about the child, but to be having fits in the driveway and turning pictures over when he'd only been married to LN for less than a year seems extremely strange. Again, I'm not suggesting he didn't care -- but to be doing those things, not related to her, not having known her that long, BEFORE he knew she was dead, seems bizarre. MOO.

Well, with a mental illness, he might react oddly regardless of how well or long he knew her I guess...just from the stress of the investigation or perhaps he missed a few meds...hard to say with his background.

It does seem hard to imagine the stepfather doing something to her so quietly that no one else awoke, also leaving presumably in the dark to put her body in the river...I don't think any answer will surprise me at this point.

BBM

Bizarre, yes. But you have to remember....this guy has a mental issue. You cannot judge his actions and reactions against those of a mentally stable person. To expect him to act and react as a stable person does would be denying he has any mental problems.

Does it really seem feasible, that if the 20 something had something to do with, and I feel LE has a pretty good idea who the guilty party is, that the 13 year old would be allowed to remain in the house?
It is hard for me to believe that if LE thought it was him, they would just sit tight, waiting to make their case rock solid, with the sister in the house, with him and not remove her.

I have never considered KM a viable suspect in this case. There is absolute nothing pointing in that direction. Nothing. In fact, everything seems to point away from that. Some people are suggesting that he got drunk and raped her and killed her. That's completely out of left field. For all we know, he has never had a drop to drink in his whole life. I am a little surprised, though, that he's staying with that family. Given all of the turbulence, I would expect his parents to welcome him home with open arms. The fact that he's staying with them tells me that he's a very noble young man who is doing his best to help out the family.

My opinion has not changed since the day I learned about the case. I would be very surprised if I am proven wrong. Truthfully, though, I don't care who did it. I just want justice for a little girl and her family and friends.

Does it really seem feasible, that if the 20 something had something to do with, and I feel LE has a pretty good idea who the guilty party is, that the 13 year old would be allowed to remain in the house?
It is hard for me to believe that if LE thought it was him, they would just sit tight, waiting to make their case rock solid, with the sister in the house, with him and not remove her.

I'm guessing that LE doesn't have enough evidence to do much of anything. They can't remove the teenager, although her mom could take steps if she felt she was unsafe. What LE needs to do is determine who the guilty party is and then arrest him or her.

I have never considered KM a viable suspect in this case. There is absolute nothing pointing in that direction. Nothing. In fact, everything seems to point away from that. Some people are suggesting that he got drunk and raped her and killed her. That's completely out of left field. For all we know, he has never had a drop to drink in his whole life. I am a little surprised, though, that he's staying with that family. Given all of the turbulence, I would expect his parents to welcome him home with open arms. The fact that he's staying with them tells me that he's a very noble young man who is doing his best to help out the family.

My opinion has not changed since the day I learned about the case. I would be very surprised if I am proven wrong. Truthfully, though, I don't care who did it. I just want justice for a little girl and her family and friends.
According to WN's FB page, that is still public, he had quite the drunken time at the bachelor party.
But I also don't think he is the guilty party.

I'm guessing that LE doesn't have enough evidence to do much of anything. They can't remove the teenager, although her mom could take steps if she felt she was unsafe. What LE needs to do is determine who the guilty party is and then arrest him or her.

That's just it, if the Mom felt he was unsafe, she would not have moved to a new place and moved him in with her and her daughter.

Just because LN & WN got married in the fall does not mean they could not have been together for years. Does anyone know how long they have been together, and how long have KL and CC known him? LN could have known about the illness for a long time and decided he would be ok to live with her daughters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali