Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 #10 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooooooo, he hit up facebook before he called her?? I realize these times are not exact, but obviously he was not looking for her on facebook. *which had to be right before or right after. Either way, not looking too hard.

He had his priorities in order.
(Unless Celina has a habit of taking off without permission.)

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/929105-196/details-on-celinas-lastnight-alive-described.html

In the morning, Tommie Richards left to go to her home, and by 8:15 a.m., Louisa left the house to go to work in Colebrook. Wendell Noyes went to wake up Celina because she had an appointment at 9 a.m. at a local hairdresser shop. But Noyes did not find her in her bed and, after searching the house to see if she was elsewhere, he called Louisa at work to tell her that Celina wasn’t in the apartment. That was around 9:15 a.m.
  • It is not clear when WN went to wake up Celina.
  • Was it closer to 8:15 a.m. or closer to 9:00 a.m.?
  • Did WN search the house for almost an hour or only 15 minutes?
  • "Around 9:15 a.m." WN placed a call to LN at work to inform her Celina was not in the apartment.
  • Did WN check the apartment *building* or just their apartment?
  • Did WN search outside the apartment / apartment building before placing a call to LN?
  • In a Websleuths thread it was rumored WN posted through his Facebook account @ 9:11 a.m. to a Facebook "friend" (non-family). What was the text of that post? Did WN reference Celina? IIRC, WN did not reference Celina in his text to his Facebook "friend".
Last week, when Fish and Game divers began searching the Connecticut River, Wendell Noyes walked to a picnic table in the park in West Stewartstown where photos of Celina were placed during an evening vigil. One by one, he lay them all face down on the table. He then walked back to the apartment and was seen lying on the ground and rolling around in front of the apartment building. A few hours later, the family learned that Celina’s body was found in the river. He was still a patient as of Thursday in an undisclosed facility. At one time, his children and extended family listed him as a friend on Facebook – today his name no longer appears on their pages.

bbm

What does that mean? I suspect it might be due to the family having discovered the category of other "friends" WN had selected on his Facebook account.

I also suspect LE might be giving off a vibe as to whom they suspect is responsible for Celina's disappearance and death .. maybe with intent to apply either direct or indirect pressure to cause WN to break and 'confess'.

It also has been pondered as to why LN seemed to be in emotional dire straits within only a few hours of discovering Celina as missing. Some have commented that LN appeared to be inconsolable?

LN's emotional state is entirely understandable, but what if there is an additional aspect that caused such a display so soon? Did LN have suspicions immediately after arriving home from work, or even previous to that Tuesday as to what might have occurred?

... when [Kevin] Mullaney came home, it was around midnight, and he can remember coming into the living room and sitting on the couch; it was believed that Celina was in her bedroom, in her own bed.

Was KM asked specific questions regarding where he thought Celina was that evening when he arrived to home?

Was there a routine that would make him or anyone else aware of where Celina or any/everyone else was that time of the evening? In bed, kitchen, bedroom, other?

KM "can remember coming into the living room and sitting on the couch", with the implication Celina was not in the living room.

Was KM thinking that Monday evening when he arrived home to the living room that Celina was "in her own bed"? If so, what made him specifically think that, or is that simply after-the-fact assumption on his part?

Did KM meet upon anyone else in the apartment that evening? Did he say "good night" or "I'm home" to anyone or no one in particular or not all?

Did everyone believe Celina was in her bedroom that evening? Does her bed reveal that as fact? Was her bed made or tossled Tuesday morning?

The article is lacking in that it does not reference the following:

Where was Celina's older sister, KL, that Monday evening? (it's been rumored KL was sleeping over a friend's house).

When did KL arrive to home? Monday evening or Tuesday? Before 8:15 a.m. Tuesday, later that morning, afternoon or evening?

It is rumored KL went to a neighbor's house Tuesday to inquire if they had seen Celina.

It is rumored the neighbor contacted 911, that Celina's family had not contacted LE previous to that point.

If all true, we have no factual times to which to associate those actions, or do we? At a minimum there should be a record / timestamp for the 911 call.

Celina's body allegedly was found wrapped in a blanket(s). No word whether the blanket(s) is from the home, Celina's bed, other.

I'm not sure about the material being a 'blanket' .. since it is reported a diver searching Back Pond that Sunday (the day Celina's body was discovered) was instructed to go to the dam area on the Connecticut River to investigate for a 'bag'.

Was Celina's body wrapped in a blanket or in a bag and then placed in the river?

Was Celina's body placed farther upstream from where it was ultimately discovered? Did it float downstream and collide with a blanket or bag and become 'wrapped' in the material?

If Celina's body was not 'neatly' wrapped, if it had become 'entangled' in some material while in the river .. then suicide is not off the table. It's not likely, given what we think we know at this point but still, it's possible no matter how remote.

All speculation, but valid questions and points which to ponder.

I agree, any parent might feel guilty simply for failing to protect, even if they did nothing wrong. We've seen it in other cases with parents who are not involved. But turning over the victim's photos is a new one to me. It's odd to me for an innocent person who feels guilty or for someone who really is guilty. Doesn't make WN guilty, but it is concerning, imo.

I know I don't post often but the new info about WN turning over the pictures of Celina is extremely concerning to me as well. I have worked with many schizophrenic patients and I've noticed many common "themes" in their delusions. One of these themes is "eyes." Many paranoid schizophrenics believe that if they look into a person's eyes whom they perceive as a "threat" or "evil," that person will "read their thoughts" or control them in some way. That is why many times, a paranoid schizophrenic will go through magazines/pictures and scribble out images of eyes. I have to wonder if WN is in fact in a delusional state. Hypothetically, if he went off of his meds and believed that Celina was a threat to him, it could explain not being able to look at pictures of her because of her power to "read his mind." Turning over the pictures would, in his mind, not allow her to "look" into his head. That said, I pray to God that this is not the case and that he is not involved.

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-national/celina-cass-case-bio-dad-says-she-slept-on-air-mattress-had-unstable-home-life

Stewartstown, NH – Adam Laro, the biological father of Celina Cass, whose lifeless body was found in a local river on Aug. 1, spoke out saying his daughter's home life with his ex-wife and her husband was unstable. He noted that the 11-year-old did not sleep in her bedroom, but slept in the basement on an air mattress.

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/929105-196/details-on-celinas-lastnight-alive-described.html

Celina and her sister, Kayla, shared a bedroom in the basement of the apartment house – a finished room furnished with beds for both girls – not an air mattress on the basement floor, as has been previously reported.

Either AL is assuming 'air mattress always' after having been told of one or after having witnessed use of one .. or .. there never was one.

Is anyone fibbing?

If you go to page 2 of the paper it states that 2 other vehicles have also been released!

A more careful reading of the article reveals that KM's vehicle was released. WN's vehicle is still being held and two OTHER vehicles have been released.

Sounds like four vehicles in all, but previously only two, KM's and WN's have been discussed in the forum.

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-national/celina-cass-case-bio-dad-says-she-slept-on-air-mattress-had-unstable-home-life

Either AL is assuming 'air mattress always' after having been told of one or after having witnessed use of one .. or .. there never was one.

Is anyone fibbing?

AL is angry and resentful and it would seem to me he might minimize the quality of the living conditions of his daughters. On the other hand members of the household might not see it in the same bad light.

Based on the reports that WN's mother was sleeping in the third upstairs bedroom (LCN in one and KM in the other) temporarily due to her poor health, perhaps we can assume that Celina and her sister had the third upstairs bedroom before being displaced by WN's mother.

A more careful reading of the article reveals that KM's vehicle was released. WN's vehicle is still being held and two OTHER vehicles have been released.

Sounds like four vehicles in all, but previously only two, KM's and WN's have been discussed in the forum.

No, actually 4 have been mentioned. WN's, KM's and then there was a green Dodge something or another (sedan) that I believe was mentioned in the live updates from WMUR and discussed here, and a Blue (?) Minivan that was seen with crime scene tape around it in some of the pictures. We never knew if either of these ended up impounded, or who they belonged to.

[*]In a Websleuths thread it was rumored WN posted through his Facebook account @ 9:11 a.m. to a Facebook "friend" (non-family). What was the text of that post? Did WN reference Celina? IIRC, WN did not reference Celina in his text to his Facebook "friend".
[/LIST]

Respectfully snipped and BBM

"i live in canaan vt"

Directly to her wall. No other posts that were viewable. No references to Celina anywhere.

I agree, any parent might feel guilty simply for failing to protect, even if they did nothing wrong. We've seen it in other cases with parents who are not involved. But turning over the victim's photos is a new one to me. It's odd to me for an innocent person who feels guilty or for someone who really is guilty. Doesn't make WN guilty, but it is concerning, imo.

Would love to hear profilers and psychologists way in on this.

I know I don't post often but the new info about WN turning over the pictures of Celina is extremely concerning to me as well. I have worked with many schizophrenic patients and I've noticed many common "themes" in their delusions. One of these themes is "eyes." Many paranoid schizophrenics believe that if they look into a person's eyes whom they perceive as a "threat" or "evil," that person will "read their thoughts" or control them in some way. That is why many times, a paranoid schizophrenic will go through magazines/pictures and scribble out images of eyes. I have to wonder if WN is in fact in a delusional state. Hypothetically, if he went off of his meds and believed that Celina was a threat to him, it could explain not being able to look at pictures of her because of her power to "read his mind." Turning over the pictures would, in his mind, not allow her to "look" into his head. That said, I pray to God that this is not the case and that he is not involved.

This crossed my mind too, before I read the over turning of her photos. How incredibly sad. Wouldn't he have started showing signs or red flags? Wouldn't his family notice odd remarks or weird paranoid comments?
Poor child.

I have to say, this whole cast of characters has me confused. The whole scenerio is almost like a bad movie of the week, except it is real, and a young girl is dead.

I remember seeing two vehicles near the silver truck with yellow tape around them and assumed later that these were LE vehicles just protecting the scene.
Not sure if these were the vehicles taken (sorry about the small size of the file):

images.jpg

I remember seeing two vehicles near the silver truck with yellow tape around them and assumed later that these were LE vehicles just protecting the scene.
Not sure if these were the vehicles taken (sorry about the small size of the file):

View attachment 18286

And this was the mention of the Green Dodge Stratus. It was surrounded by police tape at the same time as the red truck.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 - #1

maybe someone has already mentioned this but I thought there was a blanket and pillow on the couch in the morning and KM is saying he sat on the couch at midnight:
The Chronicle has been told that when Mullaney came home, it was around midnight, and he can remember coming into the living room and sitting on the couch; it was believed that Celina was in her bedroom, in her own bed.

Now KM is living with the mom and the daughter in an apartment out of town.
The Chronicle also reported that Louisa, Kayla and Kevin have moved into a new apartment out of town. Kayla and Louisa were having a difficult time staying in the apartment, and Louisa felt it was better to find another place to live.

I'm going to guess that LN does not suspect KM with Celina's death. JMO

This crossed my mind too, before I read the over turning of her photos. How incredibly sad. Wouldn't he have started showing signs or red flags? Wouldn't his family notice odd remarks or weird paranoid comments?
Poor child.

Schizophrenia is a very complex psychiatric disorder and it can be very difficult to treat. While there can be an abrupt "break" from reality, the symptoms can also appear gradually and worsen over time. It is difficult to diagnose because gradual symptom onset often mimics other disorders (i.e., depression, anxiety, OCD). Sadly, approximately 65-75% of schizophrenics will experience a second "psychotic episode" between 5-8 years after their first. That is why therapy, (individual AND family), as well as medication compliance/management is so important. These patients often go through many medication "tweaks" to keep the symptoms at bay. An individual's symptoms can also change over time. While he may not have made comments indicative of paranoia (e.g., "someone's watching me") even subtle changes such as increased irritability, depressed mood, or social withdrawal should be considered red flags. I do wonder how familiar/educated LN was regarding WN's diagnosis and if she was aware of what to be on the lookout for. Again, I'm not saying that WN is guilty of anything or that his diagnosis has played any part in Celina's demise. I just know how debilitating this disorder can be for not only the individual but for the entire family as well. Either way, I pray for justice and that Celina did not suffer...

It seems that KM is back with the family and also had his truck returned to him. So my suspicions are greatly reduced. It may well be that the most obvious suspect was indeed the guilty one. I have to say that placing her pictures flat on the table during a vigil is highly suspect, imo.

The timeline in this article makes me wonder. So, WN went to wake up Celina for a 9:00 appt; after not finding her in bed and looking around the house he called LN at 9:15. BUT: he posted to one of his "friends" on FB at 9:11. Also, what time does that mean he went to wake up Celina for a 9:00 appt? I don't care how close the salon was, would you only give a kid a few minutes before waking them? Something doesn't add up.

The timeline in this article makes me wonder. So, WN went to wake up Celina for a 9:00 appt; after not finding her in bed and looking around the house he called LN at 9:15. BUT: he posted to one of his "friends" on FB at 9:11. Also, what time does that mean he went to wake up Celina for a 9:00 appt? I don't care how close the salon was, would you only give a kid a few minutes before waking them? Something doesn't add up.

Honestly, I am so confused by all of it and it all seems so hinky that I am wondering if she had an appointment at 9:00, why wouldn't LCN wake her before she left at 8:15?

Last week, when Fish and Game divers began searching the Connecticut River, Wendell Noyes walked to a picnic table in the park in West Stewartstown where photos of Celina were placed during an evening vigil. One by one, he lay them all face down on the table. He then walked back to the apartment and was seen lying on the ground and rolling around in front of the apartment building. A few hours later, the family learned that Celina’s body was found in the river

He did this BEFORE she was found and when divers started looking in the river.

That spells guilt out for me. WOW. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members