Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 #10 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending upon what is learned by forensics, LE may or may not need to speak with WN. There may be nothing that points to him, or enough so that additional interviewing is not necessary. It is really hard to know what is happening here...

Since he appears to be the last or one of the last to see Celina... I would think they would probably need to talk to him again.
If nothing else just to get his statement after he's out of the hospital and stabilized, to make sure it doesn't change with treatment.
They don't want to arrest one person and then have WN get out of the hospital and give them a story that contradicts the arrest they made.

It doesn't mean I think he's involved. It just means I think they will want to talk to him again because of his close association to Celina.
I also don't think they will go into the hospital to talk to him. I don't think that's worth the risk when you don't have a missing victim.

Of course if the suspect is walking the streets and still a danger... they will make an arrest as soon as they possibly can. :twocents:

It's been done before, because I remember being stunned it was used in court.
However, I can't see this particular LE team doing that.

When they have a deceased victim that they have already located and the person (to be questioned or arrested) is already in a secure location...
There really is no rush and no reason to compromise the case by going into a psych ward. Too many appellate issues there.

I think Jane Young will wait until WN is released to talk to him again.
I think once he is released we might see more movement on this case. :twocents:

What about doc-pt privilege? Or is this a separate issue?

BBM

I personally have been in the situation where my late first husband was in the hospital (taken from the county jail after complaining of chest pains) with a LE officer stationed outside the door of his private room 24/7; the local LE (a small town in southern NH) prosecutor wanted to question him further about assaulting and criminally threatening me (he had already been arrested and denied bail because the attack had been so heinous), and the attending physician denied the request. What the attending physician rules about LE contact with a patient is gospel in the State of New Hampshire.

I cannot answer your question about "doc-pt privilege" because I do not know, but I do know that HIPAA governs this type of issue.

My understanding is a Dr Pt confidentiality contract is immediately voided if:
A patient is in danger of harming themselves
In danger of harming another
Has harmed themselves
Has harmed another

It's not the same moral clause found in religion i.e. Confession or legal as in lawyer/ client

HIPAA

Actually, while HIPAA is designed to provide confidentiality fir a patient there are a number of issues that are not covered by this ruling.

In fact, Medical authorities are required by law to break the confidentiality contract in the event a patient has any number of contagious diseases. In the event of abuse or harm and a few others.

They wouldn't be able to go in and interview his doctor about him, that would be privileged. Unless he was threatening homicide or something.

It depends on the facility whether they would even be allowed in to interview him. Some wouldn't allow it due to privacy issues with all patients.

I just don't think they would even if they could. I think they would rather wait and not cause an appellate issue. That would be a big one.

Who said no news is good news? Had to be a man!

Well... I guess no news would have been good news when BTK... Bundy... Ridgway... were all active. No news = no new bodies.

They aren't asking for assistance... so they have what they need.
There are not other people going missing frequently.
No family members are being arrested for unrelated crimes constantly.

I would consider all that to be good news. :seeya:
(Then again, I do have low standards and the utmost confidence in this case being resolved. So that is a factor in my optimism.) :innocent:

They wouldn't be able to go in and interview his doctor about him, that would be privileged. Unless he was threatening homicide or something.

It depends on the facility whether they would even be allowed in to interview him. Some wouldn't allow it due to privacy issues with all patients.

I just don't think they would even if they could. I think they would rather wait and not cause an appellate issue. That would be a big one.

Well... I guess no news would have been good news when BTK... Bundy... Ridgway... were all active. No news = no new bodies.

They aren't asking for assistance... so they have what they need.
There are not other people going missing frequently.
No family members are being arrested for unrelated crimes constantly.

I would consider all that to be good news. :seeya:
(Then again, I do have low standards and the utmost confidence in this case being resolved. So that is a factor in my optimism.) :innocent:

I agree. I totally believe they are going to solve this case and sooner than later!

Getting impatient, but I'm still certain there will be resolution for Celina. Just hope it's sooner rather than later. :innocent:

Thinking of Celina, Breeann, and Madeline, and all their families and friends today.

Strange article from "International Business Times":

The suspicious death of the 12-year-old New Hampshire girl Celina Cass remains a mystery to the investigators as they haven't been able to follow a potential lead in finding out what exactly happened to her on the night she went missing. Jane Young, lead prosecutor, appeared to have lost hopes. She had said on Thursday that she did not expect any new developments in the Celina Cass case in the immediate future.

WTH?? http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/199...evidence-jane-young-wendell.htm#disqus_thread

I've seen several weirdly worded articles posted on International Business Times on several cases (I had read this one the other day).

I'm not sure who they are and if they can be considered MSM at this time. JMHO

Personally, I'm not thinking IBT is all that reputable as a news source. They didn't even get Celina's age right. :banghead: She was 11. Pretty easy info to find.

And the pluralization of the word 'hope' makes me think that English wasn't necessarily the writer's first language. If a human writer even threw this article together. :waitasec:

This hasn't been under discussion for a few threads, but there was some talk earlier about rural poverty in Northern New Hampshire versus the wealthier area of Southern NH. Despite the isolated pockets of poverty, New Hampshire is a great place to raise kids.

This is the fourth year in a row that the Annie E. Casey Foundation's Kids Count survey has named New Hampshire as the best state to bring up kids. According to the survey, New Hampshire had the lowest number of children living in poverty, the lowest teen birth rate, lowest percent of teens not in school and not high school graduates and the lowest percentage of teens not attending school and not working.

The survey ranked New Hampshire first in four out of 10 indicators used by Kids Count and was in the top 10 in all categories. No other state ranked first in more than one indicator.

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/28890085/detail.html#ixzz1VIuTfBAJ

And another article:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44171347/ns/today-today_news/t/study-american-children-lives-poverty/

New Hampshire had the smallest population of low-income children at 11 percent. The federal poverty level this year is $22,350 a year for a family of four, but child advocates claim that figure should be higher.

Pretty impressive.

There is also this new article:

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/4cac12cd42a5424a8b86e3a77b518fd1/NH--Missing-Girl-NH/

Jane Young saying she does not expect new developments is just standard, it doesn't mean she has lost hope.
It means "I don't expect anything new until it's time to tell you something."

I DO believe "they haven't been able to follow a potential lead in finding out exactly what happened to her...."

I think that may very well be referring to being unable to question WN because he is hospitalized.
I think they will want to do that if at all possible before filing charges against anyone.

Actually, Wendell's name is even in the URL of the article. :waitasec:

ibtimes.com/articles/199005/20110817/celina-cass-murder-mystery-new-hampshire-investigators-toxicology-report-evidence-jane-young-wendell.htm#disqus_thread

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/199...evidence-jane-young-wendell.htm#disqus_thread

"The suspicious death of the 12-year-old New Hampshire girl Celina Cass remains a mystery to the investigators as they haven't been able to follow a potential lead in finding out what exactly happened to her on the night she went missing.

Jane Young, lead prosecutor, appeared to have lost hopes. She had said on Thursday that she did not expect any new developments in the Celina Cass case in the immediate future."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz