Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 #11 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking about it being absorbed in the skin. This isn't a normal bath salt. It is chemically based.

Powayparent knew what you meant. The "bath salts" that you're talking about are designer drugs -- usually mephedrone or MDPV -- sold under a slang name to avoid legal regulations. They have absolutely nothing to do with taking a bath (sometimes they're sold as "plant food"). To use them, you swallow, snort or inject them. They produce similar effects to cocaine or MDMA. If you bathed in them, the super-diluted amount in the bath water would have next to no effect however you used it -- and probably literally no effect if you only absorbed the super-diluted amount through the skin.

Yes, I think so too and surely LE has obtained DNA samples from both WN and KM. Even with WN being in a so called hospital, LE could obtain that while he was in there. Might have been another thing he was uncooperative with in addition to talking with LE. As much as they investigated KM immediately after Celina was missing and again a few wks. ago, I'm sure they have something from him also. Keeping my fingers crossed we learn soon. I'm sad to say this, but I suspect she was drugged and violated. I don't think the act of wrapping her was out of caring or love. I believe it was to conceal the body, in the dark of the night and carried out that door we saw pictures of that LE was testing. Makes me now think there may have been blue fibers on or around that doorway. I always thought that doorway led to the basement.

Exactly about WN & KM.. they are not legally required to provide DNA! WN was uncooperative and KM knew the system since he is a felon so that's why i say maybe they are "waiting" to get matching DNA?
Good idea about the fibers...better yet, the blanket was identified by LN and KL! (if it came FROM the house) But i guess they could just say she left voluntarily WITH the blanket in tow..... Sigh

Joypath, you are fantastic! Thx so much!!! Now is GHB the same or similar to "Roofies"??? or is that another? what about Ecstacy? Those are the two that come to mind and are fairly popular names I hear in Tx. in relation to sex assaults. I guess I'm trying to find out what the popular street drug is in and around that area. Of course any type of drug administered to an 11 yr. old would be dangerous. Hydro C, Oxy C, and several types of anti anxiety meds could render a young girl and it wouldn't take long for her to feel the effects. Thx again for the excellent info!

GHB is the equivalent of roofies (or a mickey in my Mom's day! slipped someone a mickey). The benefit for the rapist is that affects a woman's short term memory. it's like a black out when drinking but takes minutes to take effect. It's easily disguised in a drink. The next day the woman generally doesn't remember a thing about what happened.
I'm sure the other drugs you mentioned could have been given to her (except for Ecstacy because that gets you wired but u could OD from it) but she would generally have to take them herself if they were in pill form and they are not easily "secretly" administered because of their size and bitter taste.

Joypath, you are fantastic! Thx so much!!! Now is GHB the same or similar to "Roofies"??? or is that another? what about Ecstacy? Those are the two that come to mind and are fairly popular names I hear in Tx. in relation to sex assaults. I guess I'm trying to find out what the popular street drug is in and around that area. Of course any type of drug administered to an 11 yr. old would be dangerous. Hydro C, Oxy C, and several types of anti anxiety meds could render a young girl and it wouldn't take long for her to feel the effects. Thx again for the excellent info!

:seeya: Yw, sharing information.............my passion! :twocents: "Roofies" (Flunitrazepam) are wicked similar to Valium (Benzodiazepam) and can produce positive results on a rapid tox screen. Both drugs produce similar effects on the victim and btw, GHB is available by prescription as Xyrem. Ecstacy (MDMA) is a bit different, leads to euphoria, & loss of anxiety and MAY on a rapid drug screen, show as a positive amphetamine.
:twocents: You've actually entered into the focus that the OME's techs (& the LE CSI type people) DO when they research a death scene or probable death scene, they scoop up ALL medications on site to give the ME :innocent: et al. a "heads up" on possible substances in the decedent. :rocker:

Yes, I think so too and surely LE has obtained DNA samples from both WN and KM. Even with WN being in a so called hospital, LE could obtain that while he was in there. Might have been another thing he was uncooperative with in addition to talking with LE. As much as they investigated KM immediately after Celina was missing and again a few wks. ago, I'm sure they have something from him also. Keeping my fingers crossed we learn soon. I'm sad to say this, but I suspect she was drugged and violated. I don't think the act of wrapping her was out of caring or love. I believe it was to conceal the body, in the dark of the night and carried out that door we saw pictures of that LE was testing. Makes me now think there may have been blue fibers on or around that doorway. I always thought that doorway led to the basement.

BBM

Texsun, what are you referring to, please?

Poor Celina
I knew her death would be classified as murder but it still hurts .
LE just has to solve this case and make whoever took this little girls life PAY!

GHB is the equivalent of roofies (or a mickey in my Mom's day! slipped someone a mickey). The benefit for the rapist is that affects a woman's short term memory. it's like a black out when drinking but takes minutes to take effect. It's easily disguised in a drink. The next day the woman generally doesn't remember a thing about what happened.
I'm sure the other drugs you mentioned could have been given to her (except for Ecstacy because that gets you wired but u could OD from it) but she would generally have to take them herself if they were in pill form and they are not easily "secretly" administered because of their size and bitter taste.

Oxycodone is another distinct possibility.

"A single dose [of oxycodone] greater than 40 mg, or a total daily dose greater than 80 mg are only for use in opioid-tolerant patients, as they may cause fatal respiratory depression when administered to patients who are not tolerant to the respiratory- depressant or sedating effects of opioids.

Additionally,
"OxyContin (oxycodone hcl) must be swallowed whole and must not be cut, broken, chewed, crushed or dissolved. Taking cut, broken, chewed, crushed or dissolved OxyContin (oxycodone hcl) tablets leads to rapid release and absorption of a potentially fatal dose of oxycodone."

http://www.rxlist.com/oxycontin-drug.htm

"In 2008, the task [NH] force investigated 938 cases and arrested 154 people. Officers seized 43 weapons, 3.1 pounds of cocaine, 189.1 grams of crack cocaine, and 1,197 pharmaceuticals. Those numbers jumped to 1,194 cases in 2009, with 136 arrests and 33 weapons seized along with 8.2 pounds of cocaine, 100.95 grams of crack and 4,758 pharmaceuticals, 2,689 of which were oxycodone pills.

Pharmaceuticals are where we are seeing the biggest increases,” said Young."

http://www.newhampshire.com/article/20110703/NEWS03/707039965/0/newhampshire03

Oxycodone is another distinct possibility.

"A single dose [of oxycodone] greater than 40 mg, or a total daily dose greater than 80 mg are only for use in opioid-tolerant patients, as they may cause fatal respiratory depression when administered to patients who are not tolerant to the respiratory- depressant or sedating effects of opioids.

Additionally,
"OxyContin (oxycodone hcl) must be swallowed whole and must not be cut, broken, chewed, crushed or dissolved. Taking cut, broken, chewed, crushed or dissolved OxyContin (oxycodone hcl) tablets leads to rapid release and absorption of a potentially fatal dose of oxycodone."

http://www.rxlist.com/oxycontin-drug.htm

"In 2008, the task [NH] force investigated 938 cases and arrested 154 people. Officers seized 43 weapons, 3.1 pounds of cocaine, 189.1 grams of crack cocaine, and 1,197 pharmaceuticals. Those numbers jumped to 1,194 cases in 2009, with 136 arrests and 33 weapons seized along with 8.2 pounds of cocaine, 100.95 grams of crack and 4,758 pharmaceuticals, 2,689 of which were oxycodone pills.

Pharmaceuticals are where we are seeing the biggest increases,” said Young."

http://www.newhampshire.com/article/20110703/NEWS03/707039965/0/newhampshire03

Definitely! but we were pursuing the fact (in the last few posts) that if its a homicide, she may have been given something discreetly that caused her to pass out and OD. If she had taken it herself, (or if LE thought she had taken it herself) it might not have been considered a homicide based on the toxicology results.

BBM

Texsun, what are you referring to, please?

Kiln, I was referring to the Mental Institution WN checked himself into and LE obtaining DNA, blood, hair samples, saliva and so on from him through the facility. I just have a feeling that when police may have asked him for the samples, he refused and ran to the various hospitals! I would imagine hospitals and labs would cooperate with LE when it comes to a murder investigation if asked for information. In regard to KM, I'm sure they asked him for samples and he either complied or LE would have to obtain a court order/warrant.

I'm feeling that we do know for sure that there was something foreign in Celina's system and it could be anything. I'm not feeling it is anything an 11 yr. old would take herself at 9:00 at night after watching a movie and her mother going up to bed for the night. But I can envision some sex sick individual adding it to a drink or mixing it up in ice cream, yogart, pudding or some other late night snack an 11 yr old might be enticed by. This whole case just gives me the chills when I think about the whole situation, the environment and the people poor Celina and Kayla had to rely on and trust.

Interesting article below. The mother's friend says the mother was told more than just murder, and having a hard time trying to figure out how to tell Kayla. The mother also says Celina was in her blanket when they were watching tv or she was rocking her. Also says many have spoken to WN who is living in a halfway house in Berlin.

I'm now wondering if LN has moved again. Reports are all saying she moved to a new home in Vermont. Before reports stated she moved out of the W. Stewartstown Apt. to Colebrook. Now she's living in Vermont? I also wonder if it might just be her and Kayla and no KM. If anyone finds out or reads something of the sort. Please post. Thanks!

http://www.colebrookchronicle.com/Sept23.pdf

Kiln, I was referring to the Mental Institution WN checked himself into and LE obtaining DNA, blood, hair samples, saliva and so on from him through the facility. I just have a feeling that when police may have asked him for the samples, he refused and ran to the various hospitals! I would imagine hospitals and labs would cooperate with LE when it comes to a murder investigation if asked for information. In regard to KM, I'm sure they asked him for samples and he either complied or LE would have to obtain a court order/warrant.

BBM/U :seeya: :twocents: While NOT a "legal beagle", I can discuss that within many if not all jurisdictions, a patient/client within a treating facility retains his/her civil rights and the facility CAN NOT circumvent the constitutional protections. Statement #2 is interesting in that the ONLY cooperation which those facilities SHOULD/will provide is when served with a warrant for materials/or a legally executed subpoena. :truce: These facilities SHOULD HAVE a compliance officer:rocker: who KNOWS HIPAA inside and out!
:banghead: IF material is provided without the legal protections, then ANY & ALL resulting information derived from said items CAN BE tossed out (think: "fruit of the poisoned tree" concept) and btw, :innocent: one just can't order up another set of testing 'cause the defense attys will BLOCK to the best of their abilities (& probably WIN the motion!) an attempt for a duly acquired subpoena/warrant.:waitasec:

:floorlaugh: And just for "chuckles", here's the ity, bitty HIPAA document regs: http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/news/2002/combinedregtext02.pdf ENJOY! :floorlaugh:

:innocent: Forget NOT that we all have more protective rights under the HIPAA and the information that may be released is VERY limited. :seeya: (Name and address;Date and place of birth;Social security number; ABO blood type and Rh factor;Type of injury; Date and time of treatment; Date and time of death, if applicable and description of distinguishing physical characteristics, including height, presence or absence of facial hair (beard or moustache), scars, and tattoos.)

Interesting article below. The mother's friend says the mother was told more than just murder, and having a hard time trying to figure out how to tell Kayla. The mother also says Celina was in her blanket when they were watching tv or she was rocking her. Also says many have spoken to WN who is living in a halfway house in Berlin.

Sadly, the article's description of what the mom was told, the condition of the body, etc screams sexual assault to me (likely with defensive injuries).

My guess is that the toxicology report turns out to be a red herring; AG Young was just using the tests as an excuse to delay releasing info pending more investigation. Reasons I think this include: Celina was only 11, both males in that household could easily kill her w/o resorting to poison (and poison is rarely the weapon of choice for men in any case); and every indication is that they knew it was murder as son as they saw the body, that is not terribly consistent with poisoning.

Question that just popped into my head:
When a woman is in the very early stages of a pregnancy, would an autopsy show this or would one have to wait for toxicology (blood) tests?
TIA

ETA: Just curious and musing...

Yes, it would be detected, visually and by lab tests

Hoping that the investigation speeds up now and the perp(s) are held accountable. Justice for Celina is needed.

You must use Adobe Reader X (10 or later version) to load this Colebrook Chronicle edition:

"She [LN] is struggling with how to tell Kayla about how Celina died,” said [family friend]. Kayla is Celina’s older sister. The family was pretty much told how it could have happened.

[Family friend] also said that she is hoping there were clues within Celina’s body that gave investigators information they need. “I don’t know that for sure, it’s just how I feel about it personally.”

[A.G.] Jane Young also said to them, for the integrity of the case, they should not disclose what they had been told.

"I know how anxious the community is but it is imperative that we do not do anything to jeopardize any resulting prosecution,” she said, calling the Celina Cass case a horrific crime.
bbm

As noted by others, the statements above could be considered indication of sexual assault but they also could indicate drug assault and / or a brutal beating.

That the A.G.'s office and LE are not emphasizing for residents to be watchful and careful of a roaming murderer, in addition to the report CC's body was found wrapped in a blue blanket [assumed the same blanket in which CC was wrapped when she was sitting on her mother's lap that Monday evening] indicates a close-to-home crime.

Statements in the article also indicate LE might be focusing at least one person of interest, as opposed to simply looking at everyone in the apartment that evening.

If toxicology indeed was instrumental in determining as homicide / cause of death then we might expect a drug was used, perhaps a 'date rape' drug?

I'm sure many in this forum hold similar thoughts regarding POI(s), but I think we will be surprised when an arrest is made.

Had that someone(s) spiked CC's favorite drink that evening, someone with patience and planning?

Did CC fall asleep on the couch, wrapped in her blanket and sleeping soundly when that someone returned to the living room and discovered her in that intended state?

.. or was this an outsider crime?

I don't think it should be assumed that drugs were found in her system at this point, JMO. It is just a theory, as far as I know.

I'm now wondering if LN has moved again. Reports are all saying she moved to a new home in Vermont. Before reports stated she moved out of the W. Stewartstown Apt. to Colebrook. Now she's living in Vermont? I also wonder if it might just be her and Kayla and no KM. If anyone finds out or reads something of the sort. Please post. Thanks!

BBM

And there is a beautiful letter about Celina on Page 8 and an editorial on Page 5 in addition to the referenced article.

I believe I read upthread or on the thread prior to this one that LN had moved with KL and KM to Lemington, Vermont which is across the river from West Stewartstown. I don't recall reading nor hearing that she was living in Colebrook, but she does work there, and "the mother's friend" you're referencing is also LN's employer.

Thank you for your post.

Re: blanket

I'm in my thirties and I still frequently walk around with a blanket wrapped around me (even in the summer). I've never been abused, never lived with brothers/stepbrothers/stepfathers, I'm not shy/quiet... However, I have suffered from anxiety/depression since a young age. I guess it gives me a sense of wellbeing/comfort...

It might be a bit odd but it definitely doesn't have to be an indicator of abuse or insecurity about one's body.

I am 27 and I still wear a sweatshirt or jacket almost 24-7... 365 days a year...

I take my kids outside to go swimming... almost always wearing a sweatshirt.
I cannot wear a swimsuit and I wear pants 99% of the time... I hate shorts.

I cannot sit at the computer without a sweatshirt on, because I can't handle my arms touching the counter.
I use a sheet or blanket even if it is 100 degrees... I have to be covered with something at night.

I also don't wear jeans, will not wear dresses, cannot stand wearing make up or jewelry and I would love to just shave my head. :banghead:

The list goes on and on... :innocent:

Sensory issues...
more common than people realize... just another possibility... :waitasec:

BBM

And there is a beautiful letter about Celina on Page 8 and an editorial on Page 5 in addition to the referenced article.

I believe I read upthread or on the thread prior to this one that LN had moved with KL and KM to Lemington, Vermont which is across the river from West Stewartstown. I don't recall reading nor hearing that she was living in Colebrook, but she does work there, and "the mother's friend" you're referencing is also LN's employer.

Thank you for your post.

Thank you KW for pointing out the other letter and edit. on Celina, they are both very heartfelt and nice. I have searched back and can not find the articles where I saw it mentioned that the Mom, Sister and KM moved to Colebrook, but I do remember it was around the 21st of August and about the time of the festival in West S. I remember thinking that the Mom probably felt safer in Colebrook because her cousin Stephen Cass is the chief of Police. Also the Mom's place of employment is there and her close friend and employer. In addition, I read that KM was picked up from the new home and escorted to the Colebrook PD for questioning which was only a few blocks. I read this on a FB page of one of WN's relatives who was in Colebrook at the time and watched it happen. Could be that they were only staying there temporarily, but I also remember this relative of WN's being upset because she had family living real close and was leary of LN letting WN come there if he was released because she has two young grand daughters living close by. I know it's not really significant to the case of where or why they moved, just wanted to clarify why I thought they moved again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaoskap