Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 #11 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trouble is, LE never can know what it needed to withhold except in retrospect.

Obviously it would always be possible to second guess. However, the idea that the public knowing details and information might somehow damage your case is a bit of a stretch -- particularly if you don't really have a case to begin with. Suspects do not walk because the case was tried in the media, they walk because the evidence was not there or it was poorly presented to the jury (and because it's always tough to get a conviction in any circumstance).

Remember, the killer already knows who did, and how, and why. The killer here likely assumes that the police know as well, but they just cannot prove it.

Important questions:

Did Celina's sister regularly sleep-over at a friend(s)' house?

How far ahead was that nights sleep-over planned?

Who knew Celina's sister would not be home that evening?

Who knew KM would not be home until late that evening?

If LE doesn't know the answers to those questions, they don't have a case.

Just curious: is there an outside entrance directly to the basement bedroom? If so, was it ever used, always locked, who had a key?

Important questions:

Did Celina's sister regularly sleep-over at a friend(s)' house?

How far ahead was that nights sleep-over planned?

Who knew Celina's sister would not be home that evening?

Who knew KM would not be home until late that evening?

If LE doesn't know the answers to those questions, they don't have a case.

Just curious: is there an outside entrance directly to the basement bedroom? If so, was it ever used, always locked, who had a key?

I can give you the answer to one of your questions. Yes there is an outside entrance to the basement. I remember that from way back...........

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/929105-196/details-on-celinas-lastnight-alive-described.html

There are a total of three bedrooms on the second floor: Louisa’s, another room in which family friend Kevin Mullaney was staying, and a third room where Louisa’s mother-in-law, Tommie Richards, was staying. Tommie, the Chronicle was told, has health issues and was staying overnight with Wendell and Louisa Noyes.

No one knows if Celina went downstairs to her room after her mother went to sleep. The Chronicle has been told that when Mullaney came home, it was around midnight, and he can remember coming into the living room and sitting on the couch; it was believed that Celina was in her bedroom, in her own bed.

In the morning, Tommie Richards left to go to her home, and by 8:15 a.m., Louisa left the house to go to work in Colebrook. Wendell Noyes went to wake up Celina because she had an appointment at 9 a.m. at a local hairdresser shop.

bbm

Simple curiosities:

TR has "health issues and was staying overnight" .. was this a regular or a one time occurrence? If TR were not staying overnight in that 2nd floor bedroom, and since Celina's sister was sleeping at a friend's house would Celina have spent the night in that bedroom? Had she ever, since KM moved in?

The article's report of KM stating "he can remember" .. his comment seems to imply either his memory is foggy from elapsed time or from possible impairment? Since we did not have a luxury of having heard KM speak his own words, we might only speculate. I'm not accussing .. but I would expect a more definitive response. Attribute it to journalistic filtering?

When TR left to go to her home "in the morning" (what time was that?; the article seems to imply it was before 8:15 a.m.). Did she want to say good-bye to Celina before leaving but didn't want to wake her? Celina had a hair dresser appointment that day .. why not wake her? Did TR want to leave before Celina was awake?

I am not accusing anyone of any wrong-doing .. I simply am posing questions of curiousity.

Anyone recall when WN told a reporter(s) the "the family is grieving"?

I believe it was before Celina's body was discovered.

LN was inconsolable / near-incapacitated the same day Celina was discovered as missing.

What clues / feelings / knowledge made a parent and step-parent immediately show in appearance of believing their daughter / step-daughter was deceased or perhaps, in extreme danger?

I'm not judging .. just posing valid questions, trying to clue in on the dynamics of the time line, perceptions and ultimate acceptance of fact.

Lot's of great questions Chuck.

Sadly, another week is now gone.

I can give you the answer to one of your questions. Yes there is an outside entrance to the basement. I remember that from way back...........

Does the basement bedroom have windows? Accessible? Curtained? How close is the restaurant to the apartment building? Direct views?

Was someone in the basement bedroom that evening when Celina arrived to it wrapped in a blanket?

Was the outside entrance to the basement bedroom the point of entry?

Was Celina of a nature not to scream when surprised or confronted by the unexpected?

Why was toxicology so important?

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/928154-196/town-where-cass-lived-looking-for-answers.html

It's an old article, but informative as to the nature of the surroundings and of some of the people of Stewartstown, and other information.

I'm not accusing .. just posing questions:

The Laros said they’re trying to stay away from the rumors and speculation around the disappearance and death of Celina, but it’s hard not to hear the talk. Walter Laro just wants justice. He’s spending a lot of time in the woods these days, chopping down firewood for the winter to keep his mind from racing.

“We miss her. It’s a big, big loss to this family. A big loss. She was a great girl,” he said. “She was just special. For the life of me, I can’t figure out why someone would want to do that to her. She was too vulnerable. She was so caring.”

bbm

Which rumors and speculation? Who suspects whom, and more important, why?

Nick and Christina Borchu came home to that scene last week returning from their honeymoon in Florida. The newlyweds live in an apartment across the street from the Cass home. Christina, who works at a nearby diner, has served Celina and her sister ice cream for years.

“She was very nice, polite. She was always a cute little kid,” Christina Brochu said. “Everyone wants to know what happened to that little girl. It’s terrible.”
///
The police presence in town is as strange as the media. The big draws are the annual Mud Run in Colebrook and Softball Weekend in Canaan. That’s pretty much the only thing that draws crowds and regular police patrols.

“Around here if you hear a honk, it’s someone waving to you,” Christina Brochu said.

“Not someone waving the middle finger,” Nick Brochu said.

That’s changed for a lot of people. The Brochus make sure to lock their door and close their blinds now. When they’re outside at night, it’s always together.

bbm

Were Celina's basement bedroom inside and / or outside doors perpetually locked or unlocked?

Were other outside doors left unlocked, to more easily accommodate the comings and goings of residents?

For Melissa Jordan, a waitress at Spa Restaurant next door to the Cass home, the tragedy hits a little closer to home than some. She lived in the same apartment building until a few weeks ago. She wishes she hadn’t moved. She stays up late, she said, and wonders if she might have heard something unusual if she was still around.

“The dots aren’t connecting somehow. It bothers me,” Jordan said. “It’s not just adults that are scared. Kids are scared.”

bbm

Which "dots"?

Why did MJ move out of the apartment building that was so close to her work place? Noise? Neighbors? Too close to the restaurant?

Unrelated to the article:

I've not seen mention of DNA gathering nor of DNA tests being conducted.

Was there no stranger's DNA found in the apartment?

DNA left on the blanket most likely would be useless after having been submerged in the river for a time.

I suspect it was one perp. If that perp does not confess, I feel this case might never be solved.

I have follwed this case since the beginning and i lurk on here a lot. Just started posting on another thread. Im not taking up for anyone and the following is just gut feelings, I just need to say it to say it. JMO....................In the pics of CC and Km she looks truly happy. To me its a brother/sister banter going on. I pray that Km had nothing to do with her death for this reason. I really in my heart think that there is some blood relation between the 2. Just MO and I have nothing to back this up. I have thought this from the start. Praying for answers soon

What was found in the basement bedroom that morning?
  • Food (snacks)?
  • Drink (pop, water, etc.)?
  • Any 'out of place' items?
Were either / boths beds found as made or rumpled that morning?

What was the temperature range that evening in to that morning? Was the blanket (that Celina had wrapped around her while watching tv with her mother) 'necessary', i.e. was it cool outside and / or cool (a.c.?) in the apartment or did Celina use a blanket only as a 'comforter'?

It was reported there was no sign of struggle. We then might conclude to one or more possibilities:
  • Celina left the house willingly with the perp (someone she knew), and brought her blanket along to stave off a chilly evening while walking. Not likely, given what's been revealed of Celina's 'known' or 'assumed' demeanor / habits.
  • Celina heard noise outside the apartment / her bedroom outside door and opened it to investigate and the perp knocked her out or otherwise incapacitated her and spirited her away. Possible, but would Celina be so frightened so as not to scream or run or fight back if able (noting Celina was athletic, i.e. basketball)? Possible.
  • It was not the first time Celina left the house to meet a someone, one who was grooming her to trust, to not hesitate when asked to come with and walk / talk. Not likely, even though possible. Unless the perp convinced Celina to not tell even her sister, I do not suspect this was a regular or more than one time occurrence of Celina leaving the apartment at night.
Signs point to a neighbor or close family friend as being the perp, perhaps knocked on the 'front' door or basement bedroom outside door, asked for help or, in disguised voice pretended to be KM, such as, "I forgot / lost my key, let me in."
Jessica Lunsford was spirited from her bedroom in the middle of the night by a neighbor who lived within 300 feet of the Lunsford home (trailer). Couey made Jessica walk with him to the trailer in which he was living and kept her there for possibly 2 days, then buried her alive in a shallow hole near the trailer.

And of course other scenarios are possible such as, a stranger stalking / assault, or a family member(s).

Which is the more likely scenario?

What was the temperature range that evening in to that morning? Was the blanket (that Celina had wrapped around her while watching tv with her mother) 'necessary', i.e. was it cool outside and / or cool (a.c.?) in the apartment or did Celina use a blanket only as a 'comforter'?

Snipped By Me & BBM

I would be more interested in knowing if the "Blue" blanket that Celina was wrapped in came from the house. If so was this "Blue" blanket the same blanket that Celina was using (if any) on the couch watching TV with her mother or was this particular "Blue" blanket down stairs in her room or some other room in the house the night Celina disappeared. Was this "Blue" blanket Celina's personal blanket or did someone else in the house frequently use the "Blue" blanket she was found in.

I have seen several pictures of the family home where there were blankets (comforters) hanging on the front porch, I think they are likely hanging there to dry or to shield from the sun. They could have been placed there to shield the view from neighbors and others too. Could the "Blue" blanket have been hanging outside on the porch the night Celina went missing? Could the perp have had access to the "Blue" blanket without going inside the house?

This case sure has a lot of blankets tied to it. Celina was found wrapped in a "Blue" blanket, several blankets hanging on the porch at all times, mother photographed being shielded by blanket from the media. Any others?

This picture according to the caption was taken the day Celina's body was found. http://www.unionleader.com/article/20110802/NEWS07/110809998/0/News06

EP-110809998.jpg&q=100&maxw=350

This picture according to the caption was taken the day after Celina's body was found. http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/No-cause-of-N-H-girl-s-death-found-1701274.php#photo-1222494

mediaManager

This picture was taken two weeks after Celina's body was found according to the caption in the article. There are three (3) blankets on the front porch at this time. The blanket to the far right is a different blanket than the one that was pictured in the earlier photos. Also the blanket hanging over the railing is a different blanket unless it was just turned over and only have red on one side.http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/article/Reward-boosted-in-case-of-NH-girl-who-died-2104088.php

mediaManager

All the "NO TRESPASSING" signs are a little odd also. Did the family have a problem with unwanted people coming onto the property. Why would you need three signs alone on the front porch? Two almost next to each other. Who placed these signs there and why????

JMO

Snipped By Me & BBM

I would be more interested in knowing if the "Blue" blanket that Celina was wrapped in came from the house. If so was this "Blue" blanket the same blanket that Celina was using (if any) on the couch watching TV with her mother or was this particular "Blue" blanket down stairs in her room or some other room in the house the night Celina disappeared. Was this "Blue" blanket Celina's personal blanket or did someone else in the house frequently use the "Blue" blanket she was found in.

I have seen several pictures of the family home where there were blankets (comforters) hanging on the front porch, I think they are likely hanging there to dry or to shield from the sun. They could have been placed there to shield the view from neighbors and others too. Could the "Blue" blanket have been hanging outside on the porch the night Celina went missing? Could the perp have had access to the "Blue" blanket without going inside the house?

This case sure has a lot of blankets tied to it. Celina was found wrapped in a "Blue" blanket, several blankets hanging on the porch at all times, mother photographed being shielded by blanket from the media. Any others?

This picture according to the caption was taken the day Celina's body was found. http://www.unionleader.com/article/20110802/NEWS07/110809998/0/News06

This picture according to the caption was taken the day after Celina's body was found. http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/No-cause-of-N-H-girl-s-death-found-1701274.php#photo-1222494

mediaManager

This picture was taken two weeks after Celina's body was found according to the caption in the article. There are three (3) blankets on the front porch at this time. The blanket to the far right is a different blanket than the one that was pictured in the earlier photos. Also the blanket hanging over the railing is a different blanket unless it was just turned over and only have red on one side.http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/article/Reward-boosted-in-case-of-NH-girl-who-died-2104088.php

mediaManager

All the "NO TRESPASSING" signs are a little odd also. Did the family have a problem with unwanted people coming onto the property. Why would you need three signs alone on the front porch? Two almost next to each other. Who placed these signs there and why????

JMO

Were there any pictures of the front of the house prior to her body being located and prior to the police tape?

The blue and red blanket from the last photo Joe Friday posted looks like a sleeping bag.

I keep thinking about LN's strong statement at the end of her interview when she said "you think your kids are safe in their own home, they're not"

I also question whether WN really has the Schizo Para. Anyone can be told they have something and anyone can tell someone they hear voices and on and on. Evidently he can't be too far gone or the mental hospital would not have released him after 30 days. Men & Women have wanted out of the military and lied or faked illnesses in order to be discharged honorably. <modsnip>

There was a court case involving WN because he was violent and threatening towards an ex-girlfriend, in which I believe he was ruled incompetent to stand trial due to his mental illness. It's referenced back in some of the older threads; I can try to find some of the posts. For me, that court evaluation is pretty convincing that WN does indeed suffer from paranoid schizophrenia.

I also think it's very possible that with a change in medication, WN could be stabilized enough after 30 days in the hospital to be released.

I'm still hoping that there will be some progress in Celina's case very soon.

Snipped By Me & BBM

mediaManager

mediaManager

JMO

I could not begin to count the # of blankets we use. In this room alone (not a bedroom) there are 4. In the living room, we have 3. In the master bedroom there are 3. The other bedrooms have 2 each.

The blankets are not bed spreads or comforters, they are fleece types.

I do not find it unusual that a family living in a northeastern state would have a lot of blankets.

"No Trespassing" signs posted on an apartment building for which a building owner is responsible is not unusual. Signs posted on houses surrounded by commercial establishments is also not unusual. Children of the just-passing-thru families who stop to eat at the nearby restaurant and diner might tend to wander as the family exits the establishment.

Blankets and signs mean nothing in this case .. except that Celina's body was supposedly found wrapped in a blanket .. and if the blanket belongs to Celina / family that might indicate the house is a crime scene.

I could not begin to count the # of blankets we use. In this room alone (not a bedroom) there are 4. In the living room, we have 3. In the master bedroom there are 3. The other bedrooms have 2 each.

The blankets are not bed spreads or comforters, they are fleece types.

I do not find it unusual that a family living in a northeastern state would have a lot of blankets.

"No Trespassing" signs posted on an apartment building for which a building owner is responsible is not unusual. Signs posted on houses surrounded by commercial establishments is also not unusual. Children of the just-passing-thru families who stop to eat at the nearby restaurant and diner might tend to wander as the family exits the establishment.

Blankets and signs mean nothing in this case .. except that Celina's body was supposedly found wrapped in a blanket .. and if the blanket belongs to Celina / family that might indicate the house is a crime scene.

Well..... it looks to me like someone got carried away hanging up signs on the house.
As for the blankets... you are right, absolutely nothing unusual about having several blankets placed in various rooms around the house, we have lot's of extra blankets in our household also, but I have to say.... there isn't one single blanket hanging up on my porch. JMO, I think it's odd to hang a blanket up on the porch like this.

Well..... it looks to me like someone got carried away hanging up signs on the house.
As for the blankets... you are right, absolutely nothing unusual about having several blankets placed in various rooms around the house, we have lot's of extra blankets in our household also, but I have to say.... there isn't one single blanket hanging up on my porch. JMO, I think it's odd to hang a blanket up on the porch like this.

I wonder if they hang the blanket to block the sun so they can sit on the porch or use the porch as a clothes line.........

I noticed the signs weren't on the house prior to Celina being found.

If such a horribly devastating event happened to me (especially on the heels of what I saw during the Casey Anthony case), I'd be thankful to have my friends thinking about ways to shield my privacy from intrusive cameras, gawkers and insensitive strangers. Likewise, the posting of "No Trespassing" signs is the only real recourse homeowners have to keep potential idiots from encroaching on private property. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if LE advised them to prominently display the signs so that there would be no questions and arrests could be made of any reported violators.

Frankly, I don't recall exactly when the porch blankets went up, but I don't remember seeing them initially. IMHO, I doubt is is something they routinely would do to shade the porch or hang out to dry.

Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member