Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 #11 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I come here almost every day hoping for an update and every day my heart sinks when there isn't one. It is a small town-someone had to have done this to her. I am praying that the case is just one step away from solving.

I wonder is LE has talked to him since he got out. Probably waiting to give him time to adjust.

I don't have any theory on who dunnit, but this whole family is in my thoughts. Mental illness is no fun for anyone. And I know from experience that even if someone wants to distance themselves from a mentally ill individual for their own health's sake, it is really difficult. (I've been on both sides of that and it stinks all around.) :sigh: I'm hoping for justice for Celina, and healing for everyone.

I vaguely remember reading about other unsolved murders of young women in this area
of the country, Is this true? It is sad to see this turning into another cold case.

Absolutely nothing, right? I check every single day. Dead silence. Has anyone heard anything at all? Even a peep?

I really thought they were close to solving this a long time ago. Another unsolved cold case it seems. Heartbreaking. :rose:

dsakowich_WMUR dsakowich
by Deelytful1
WMUR EXCLUSIVE: Two months after 11-year-old Celina Cass was found dead near her home, her stepfather, Wendel… (cont) deck.ly/~BvWV3
1 hour ago

http://www.wmur.com/news/29453906/detail.html

Celina's Stepfather: 'I Had Nothing To Do With It'
"I had nothing to do with it. We left the door unlocked, and somebody else was in the apartment after we went upstairs," Noyes said on Monday.

Didn't SAY a whole heck of alot of anything!!! UGH
Basically saying he left the door open for KM and then he doesn't know what happened....

Don't these reporters know what questions to ask? Like about the blanket?

I wonder if his speech patterns--in which he seems like he's searching for the right word a couple times--are due to meds.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just naive. But I don't get the sense WN had anything to do with Celina's death. I almost felt like the media was taking advantage of him by interviewing him like that, because he just doesn't seem to be at full mental capacity.

It was interesting to me to hear that he and LN allegedly went to bed at the same time. I've never been clear on what happened after LN and Celina were watching the movie. Also, the fact that the door was allegedly left unlocked for KM. Did he not have a key? Were they in the habit of leaving the door unlocked until the last person was home?

I wonder if his speech patterns--in which he seems like he's searching for the right word a couple times--are due to meds.

I think more indicative of lying.

He is searching for the right words about what happened that night. When you tell the truth you don't have to search for words, you don't have to shift your eyes. He kept looking away from the reporter.

If the doors were open it could have been just about anybody walking in. Sigh.

I think more indicative of lying.

He is searching for the right words about what happened that night. When you tell the truth you don't have to search for words, you don't have to shift your eyes. He kept looking away from the reporter.

Unless you have medical issues - there are plenty of medications which interfere with speech and/or recall. Given what we know of WN's mental health issues, I don't think we can really tell one way or the other at this point whether he's being truthful. We don't have a baseline of a statement where we know he's telling the truth on these new meds to compare it to.

Unless you have medical issues - there are plenty of medications which interfere with speech and/or recall. Given what we know of WN's mental health issues, I don't think we can really tell one way or the other at this point whether he's being truthful. We don't have a baseline of a statement where we know he's telling the truth on these new meds to compare it to.

You can find a baseline right in the video. He keeps looking away from the reporter, stuggles for words only when asked "How did you realize she was gone?"
For the rest of the interview he was not shifting his eyes, and not struggling for words.

So sad there hasn't been a break in the case. I don't know what to think of WN talking.

Some interesting reads about the myth of eye-contact indicating deception...

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/spycatcher/200910/body-language-myths

http://www.humintell.com/2009/09/the-eye-contact-myth/

http://truthinthelaw.blogspot.com/2011/06/eye-contact-myths-about-lying-truth.html

More from the guy in the first article...

http://www.hodu.com/blog1/body-language-myths-eye-contact/

And here's a little bonus about the reliability of human memory...

http://www.mind-meditations.com/myths/human-memory-is-highly-reliable/

This is not to say I think he's innocent...but I won't say I think he's guilty either. I'm still impartial because there has been no concrete evidence (as far as we know anyway, LE may have some though) to sway me either way. I just think people need to be cautious of over-analyzing and magnifying perfectly normal behavior until it looks abnormal...or assuming because someone acts different than we would, or think we would, that they are guilty of something. And we need to be careful of falling prey to "old-school" thoughts which when researched are found to be nothing more than myths. I've seen it all too much in so many of the well-publicized crimes...He/she doesn't show enough emotion, shows too much emotion, doesn't talk enough, talks to much, doesn't remember enough details, remembers too many details, isn't involved enough, is too involved, and on and on. If we try hard enough we can find any behavior and make it mean what we want it to mean. It's hard to see, read, and talk about this stuff every day and it can be really easy to let emotion fuel our thoughts, which isn't completely bad...but should be used with caution. This is not to call any specific person out (which is why I didn't quote anyone)...just addressing the general current topic with a little bit of devil's advocacy. I don't post very often (I just read a lot)...but sometimes I like to bring a little balance to the conversation and remind everyone (myself included) to take a step back and re-examine so we don't get tunnel vision.

Thanx as always WSers, for the recent updates. Even though I live here in NH, I don't watch TV so the only way I get current news is here and other online resources (but most of their comment boards aren't nearly as friendly as here - and some are downright online war zones!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member