Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 #11 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had high hopes when Celina was found that this case would be solved quickly. Still praying for justice for Celina

http://www.wmur.com/news/29453906/detail.html

Celina's Stepfather: 'I Had Nothing To Do With It'
"I had nothing to do with it. We left the door unlocked, and somebody else was in the apartment after we went upstairs," Noyes said on Monday.

Didn't SAY a whole heck of alot of anything!!! UGH
Basically saying he left the door open for KM and then he doesn't know what happened....

Don't these reporters know what questions to ask? Like about the blanket?

I don't know if we're allowed to discuss comments that were made about his WMUR interview on their website, but the first one was extremely interesting and struck me as a post by someone close to Luisia who knew a lot. And disputed a lot of what he said. If I'm not supposed to post this I'll delete it, but the commenter said he was lying, had not gone to bed with Luisia, but was on the porch talking with two other people. My guess is that it's Louisa/Luisia's friend/employer and she posted because his comments ticked her off. jmo I was also struck by the "only drinks coffee" comment. Amy Coveno and her edited interviews are a bit annoying. She looks like she was up there leaf peeping and caught him on the street unaware, then they edit the interview again.

Oh Celina....poor kid.

Remember when the article came out, as to what went on that eve?
Mom and Celina were watching TV, Mom went to bed, left Celina watching TV.
KM came home sat on the couch.
WN's mom was spending the night.
Celina's sister was at a sleep over.
Not one mention in that article, that I'm sure someone can pull up, as to what WN did that night.
Some of us wondered, did he not go to bed with Louisa? Did they sleep in the same room?
Not one mention of him, in that report.

Remember when the article came out, as to what went on that eve?
Mom and Celina were watching TV, Mom went to bed, left Celina watching TV.
KM came home sat on the couch.
WN's mom was spending the night.
Celina's sister was at a sleep over.
Not one mention in that article, that I'm sure someone can pull up, as to what WN did that night.
Some of us wondered, did he not go to bed with Louisa? Did they sleep in the same room?
Not one mention of him, in that report.

WN said in his interview that he went to bed WITH LN that night and the last he saw Celina she was on the computer.
I hope something gives soon....

I believe him, too.

I think his reaction to the question about touching Celina was one of genuine disgust at the implication.

I don't know why but I kind of thought that too, like it was appalling ...almost how dare you...

but then again it's not like someone would answer that with a ' oh yeah all the time'....
don't know, could be wrong
I think the reporter caught him unaware, again...and he didn't want to create a scene by telling her to get lost while on camera....maybe

This is the last thing I wanted to hear from Jane Young. I think they know who did it, but they just don't have enough evidence to arrest and charge that person though. JMO

AG hopes interview with Celina Cass’ stepdad sparks leads

The head of the murder probe in the Celina Cass case admitted authorities lack the proof they need to haul in a suspect or suspects, but she’s hopeful a television interview given by the 11-year-old girl’s thus-far-silent stepfather will shake loose some new leads.

“We have insufficient evidence to charge any person or persons in the death of Celina,” New Hampshire Assistant Attorney General Jane Young said yesterday. “We are working this case. We are still working this case. I have talked to the investigators four or five times today.”

Read more at link: http://bostonherald.com/news/region...s_tv_interview_with_cass_stepdad_sparks_leads

I don't know if we're allowed to discuss comments that were made about his WMUR interview on their website, but the first one was extremely interesting and struck me as a post by someone close to Luisia who knew a lot. And disputed a lot of what he said. If I'm not supposed to post this I'll delete it, but the commenter said he was lying, had not gone to bed with Luisia, but was on the porch talking with two other people. My guess is that it's Louisa/Luisia's friend/employer and she posted because his comments ticked her off. jmo I was also struck by the "only drinks coffee" comment. Amy Coveno and her edited interviews are a bit annoying. She looks like she was up there leaf peeping and caught him on the street unaware, then they edit the interview again.

Oh Celina....poor kid.

For some reason, I do not see any comments on their website. I do not see an option to even post a comment on the story. :waitasec:

This is the last thing I wanted to hear from Jane Young. I think they know who did it, but they just don't have enough evidence to arrest and charge that person though. JMO

The head of the murder probe in the Celina Cass case admitted authorities lack the proof they need to haul in a suspect or suspects, but she’s hopeful a television interview given by the 11-year-old girl’s thus-far-silent stepfather will shake loose some new leads.

“We have insufficient evidence to charge any person or persons in the death of Celina,” New Hampshire Assistant Attorney General Jane Young said yesterday. “We are working this case. We are still working this case. I have talked to the investigators four or five times today.”

Read more at link: http://bostonherald.com/news/region...s_tv_interview_with_cass_stepdad_sparks_leads

If Louisa can say that WN came to bed, long before KM came home and KM does not have a key and the door was unlocked, LE still has a problem.
But if KM has a key and had to use it and WN went to bed hours after Louisa, then WN has a problem.

If Louisa can say that WN came to bed, long before KM came home and KM does not have a key and the door was unlocked, LE still has a problem.
But if KM has a key and had to use it and WN went to bed hours after Louisa, then WN has a problem.

Regardless, it is my personal opinion that someone in that house knows what happened to her.

I don't know why but I kind of thought that too, like it was appalling ...almost how dare you...

but then again it's not like someone would answer that with a ' oh yeah all the time'....
don't know, could be wrong
I think the reporter caught him unaware, again...and he didn't want to create a scene by telling her to get lost while on camera....maybe

I agree 100%. He seems to feel genuine disgust and anger at the later, unexpected, "Did you touch her" question -- and keep in mind that this reaction is from a guy who appears to fail spectacularly when it comes to giving glib responses.

His behavior in the interview also reinforces what we know of his behavior on the day celina went missing. It is very easy to imagine his discovering her gone, calling mom to let her know, then going back to playing with his computer. It is also easy to see why mom would decide that this is not the man she wants to spend the rest of her life with.

The problem in this case has always been a lack of evidence pointing exclusively to one person (or more than one if the police want to show a conspiracy). Everyone in the home (and as we now have learned that the door was not locked, pretty much everyone outside the home as well) had access to Celina. Everyone had access to the keys and vehicles. People came and went at a variety of times. Everyone's DNA is on everything.

If Celina was killed in the home (note that we do not know this) it means that the pool of obvious suspects is step-dad, mom, aunt, "brother," everyone in their families that knew where they lived and had met Celina, and everyone who knew Celina and knew where she lived -- including, potentially, any teen friends of Celina or her sister who might also have known that Celina's sister was staying with a friend. Expanding upon this, since the door was unlocked and we have been told (by the business owner next-door) that they frequently had people over, the pool of secondary suspects is even larger. Any of these people could have killed her, and none of them had an obvious reason for doing so.

If, at this point, the police are looking at a TV interview for possible leads then I suspect they don't have a whole lot to work with.

Oh Celina....poor kid.

I don't see any comments on the website either. Hardymum, Are you sure it was WMUR that you saw those comments?

I don't see any comments on the website either. Hardymum, Are you sure it was WMUR that you saw those comments?

Cocomod and ClaireNC,

I am looking at the comments now. Here's the link:
http://www.wmur.com/video/29454976/detail.html

You have to scroll down to the comments. They below the Recommended Videos section, then the place to add your own comment, then public comments. There are 4.

You can also get there from a link at the top of the article. Opposite the headline, look on the righthand side. First, it has E-mail. Below that is Comments. Click on that.

Oh Celina....poor kid.

Wow, HardyMum! I'd read the comments yesterday. After reading your post, I read them again and looked up the name of LN's employer/friend. Her last name is part of the username on the WMUR site!

The reporter sounds very confrontational and is trying to provoke a reaction out of him. I wonder what was edited out of the video. IMO, many of us might pause and consider our words carefully and censor ourselves when faced with an obviously hostile, accusatory interviewer.

That said, I was a bit flagged by what he said in response to the question about noticing Celina missing. There is a long pause and he seems to stop mid-sentence and then says she usually slept on the couch.

I thought she usually slept in the basement, with the sister?

Regardless, it is my personal opinion that someone in that house knows what happened to her.

I suspect your right. I think everyone in the house knows, and LE knows, they just feel they lack sufficient evidence to arrest and prosecute.

This is NOT good news. HOW is the interview going to help with leads? It's nothing we already didn't know.
:sigh:

http://www.newhampshire.com/article/20110726/NEWS07/110729914/0/sports
"She never goes out of the house," Noyes said in a brief telephone conversation. He said Monday night was normal, and Cass was gone when he went into her room Tuesday morning.

This was one of the first articles that came out.
How did she go to sleeping on the couch and not be there.
From checking in her room and was not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKseeker