Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wmur.com/news/29453906/detail.html

Celina's Stepfather: 'I Had Nothing To Do With It'
"I had nothing to do with it. We left the door unlocked, and somebody else was in the apartment after we went upstairs," Noyes said on Monday.

Didn't SAY a whole heck of alot of anything!!! UGH
Basically saying he left the door open for KM and then he doesn't know what happened....

Don't these reporters know what questions to ask? Like about the blanket?

I have always been more suspicious of the younger males than of WN. imoo

I have always been more suspicious of the younger males than of WN. imoo

Me too.... But the fact that LN took him into her home after they moved from the house after the murder and didn't allow WN perplexes me!!

I have MS and have some speech and cognitive issues with it....so I am not so quick to judge WN"s pattern of speech...it could be normal for him...or related to his personal mental issues....not necessarily an indicator of innocence or guilt....
I really can't tell in this case
poor Celina

http://www.wmur.com/news/29453906/detail.html

Celina's Stepfather: 'I Had Nothing To Do With It'
"I had nothing to do with it. We left the door unlocked, and somebody else was in the apartment after we went upstairs," Noyes said on Monday.

Didn't SAY a whole heck of alot of anything!!! UGH
Basically saying he left the door open for KM and then he doesn't know what happened....

Don't these reporters know what questions to ask? Like about the blanket?

Right, I do not believe him. I dont care what he says.

Example " I had nothing to do with it"

I could picture me saying I had nothing to do with Celina's death . But 'it' ?
They left it (meaning the door) open for somebody to pop in?
and he had nothing to do with it ,meaning celina's death.(I guess)
:furious:

...I'm still impartial because there has been no concrete evidence .... I just think people need to be cautious of over-analyzing and magnifying perfectly normal behavior until it looks abnormal....

If it walks like a duck it may not be a duck.
If it swims like a duck it may not be a duck.
If it quacks like a duck it may not be a duck.

But if I see a bird that walks like a duck and swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, I call that bird a duck.

Other things that lead in the WN direction.

Past assault
Past sexual crime
Family members commited sexual crimes
LE still has his vehicle, computer, and cell phone
LN will have nothing to do with him
He was "grieving" before Celina was found

None of those is true of KM.

Also KM remains with the family and remains a FB friend of KL.

Some interesting reads about the myth of eye-contact indicating deception...

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/spycatcher/200910/body-language-myths

http://www.humintell.com/2009/09/the-eye-contact-myth/

http://truthinthelaw.blogspot.com/2011/06/eye-contact-myths-about-lying-truth.html

More from the guy in the first article...

http://www.hodu.com/blog1/body-language-myths-eye-contact/

And here's a little bonus about the reliability of human memory...

http://www.mind-meditations.com/myths/human-memory-is-highly-reliable/

This is not to say I think he's innocent...but I won't say I think he's guilty either. I'm still impartial because there has been no concrete evidence (as far as we know anyway, LE may have some though) to sway me either way. I just think people need to be cautious of over-analyzing and magnifying perfectly normal behavior until it looks abnormal...or assuming because someone acts different than we would, or think we would, that they are guilty of something. And we need to be careful of falling prey to "old-school" thoughts which when researched are found to be nothing more than myths. I've seen it all too much in so many of the well-publicized crimes...He/she doesn't show enough emotion, shows too much emotion, doesn't talk enough, talks to much, doesn't remember enough details, remembers too many details, isn't involved enough, is too involved, and on and on. If we try hard enough we can find any behavior and make it mean what we want it to mean. It's hard to see, read, and talk about this stuff every day and it can be really easy to let emotion fuel our thoughts, which isn't completely bad...but should be used with caution. This is not to call any specific person out (which is why I didn't quote anyone)...just addressing the general current topic with a little bit of devil's advocacy. I don't post very often (I just read a lot)...but sometimes I like to bring a little balance to the conversation and remind everyone (myself included) to take a step back and re-examine so we don't get tunnel vision.

Thanx as always WSers, for the recent updates. Even though I live here in NH, I don't watch TV so the only way I get current news is here and other online resources (but most of their comment boards aren't nearly as friendly as here - and some are downright online war zones!).

Thanks for all the references, NHGirl79, and the cautionary words.

Eye contact when speaking with someone depends on whether someone is an introvert or an extrovert. In general, an extrovert makes eye contact with the person he or she is speaking to and breaks it when the other person is talking. An introvert generally makes eye contact when the other person is speaking and breaks it when he or she is speaking.

Whatever his predisposition, I would imagine all the publicity and discussion about his mental health and his current status would make him very wary and deliberate in talking to reporters.

I have not seen the video. But I just want to join other posters who are urging caution in interpreting WN's mannerisms and speaking style as indicators of guilt or innocence.

I just watched Amy Coveno's interview w/ Wendell Noyes. He sure seems much more together now! During the videos of him when Celina was missing, he seemed shellshocked.

I am leaning toward him not being responsible for Celina's death. The reporter noted how people avoid him now. Having your mental health history and news about your hospitalization broadcast and discussed by everyone in your community must be so humiliating. He's lost his stepdaughter, his family, his home....If he is not involved, he is paying quite a price.

I sure hope there is a resolution in the murder of this little girl, and I hope it is soon!

Some new "facts" came out, if we choose to belief what WN says:

-WN has been living in the area again for about 10 days.
-LE still have his phone, computer and car.
-The door was left unlocked that night because Kevin was coming home late.
-Celina "usually" sleeps on the couch.
-WN was particularly agitated when asked if he had ever touched Celina.

I found this one odd:
-WN "now only drinks coffee"?? (Why would they even state that? Does that mean he does not eat, or that he was drinking other "things" at the time of CC's death?).

I think there are some obvious signs that the man is mentally ill in the interview. Do we have a psychologist or psychiatrist on the site that could take a look at the video and give an opinion?

Here is a good example of how paranoid schizophrenia can effect the mind from another case involving AG Jane Young.

Link to thread involving following case: Man Beats His Wife to Death for Understandable Reason - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

But a sordid chain of events bared by a prosecutor for the first time culminated Wednesday in Smeltzer pleading guilty to killing his wife— provoked by her killing of their 4-year-old son and attempt to kill their daughter before trying to strangle herself.

Reeling from the scene in their master bedroom the night of Nov. 7— his son dead on the floor and daughter hanging face down off the bed and cold to the touch — Smeltzer grabbed a flashlight and struck Pappalardo seven times in the head.

A medical examiner concluded she died of blunt force trauma and ligature strangulation. Pappalardo had wound a blue rope around her neck before her husband returned. Young said Wednesday the head wounds alone were enough to kill her.

Pappalardo had been spiraling toward madness — her paranoia and hallucinations escalating, Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young told a Rocking ham Superior Court judge Wednesday, in a packed but hushed courtroom.

Young said Mara Pappalardo was obsessed with death and the notion that someone was trying to kill her. She also was convinced her husband and mother-in-law were plotting to take her children away from her. She had been hospitalized three times in the previous six months for mental illness. She was scheduled to see a doctor Nov. 8.

Read more at link: http://www.bostonherald.com/news/re...ficial_husband_killed_wife_who_strangled_son/

Other things that lead in the WN direction.

Past assault

He had a prior violent incident with an ex-girlfriend in which, if I remember correctly, no one was hit or even injured. The guy is 48 years old, and to the best of my knowlege no one else has come forward to claim that he was violent.

Past sexual crime

I had not heard this. Got a link?

Family members commited sexual crimes

True. I am not sure what this has to do with this guy though.

LE still has his vehicle, computer, and cell phone

Interesting of course. Not sure exactly what this means.

LN will have nothing to do with him

LN's own behavior and judgement, both before and after this crime, is questionable at best. In any case we have no clue why this is -- many families are wrecked by the death of a child, and in this case, where WN's mental illness caused an additional burden on the family it is easy to see why mom might decide she has had enough.

He was "grieving" before Celina was found

In my opinion this is a mischaracterization. WN was the guy who was initially so unconcerned that he called mom to report Celina missing then went back to playing on his computer, and who's initial message to Celina (given to the press) was for her to get her butt home. WN assumed (or acted as if) Celina had run away from home. Mom is the one who went into instant damn-near catatonic grief (according to the neighbor), and took to hiding under and behind blankets and riding around in a wheelchair.

It is true, however, that as the day's dragged on, the gravity of the situation was revealed, and the media began focussing their attention on him, that WN began to unravel -- but this is hardly shocking for anyone let alone a paranoid schitzophrenic.

None of those is true of KM.

Actually we know very little about him, other than that he is a young guy fresh out of prison, and from photos Celina appeared to like him.

Also KM remains with the family and remains a FB friend of KL.

True. Again, I am not sure what this means exactly. I believe mom sees KM more as a son than a friend.

In the heirarchy of "presumed innocence" attractive young white women and crying moms pretty much top the list. Mommy could be photgraphed standing over a corpse with a bloody chainsaw running full-tilt-boogy, and so long as mom cries in her TV interviews half the public would still say she is probably innocent (while looking to see what guys she has in her life).

On the other side of the coin we have the "presumed guilty." Topping this list is the dreaded stepdad, followed closely by the teen male. With WN we not only have a step-dad in the picture, but a step-dad with an actual mental illness. I think it is important to keep these things in mind when considering the suspects in this case. We just have very little to go on here, and LE seems to be doing everything they can to sweep this one under the rug.

Watching the interview again I only wish that the media had not so extensively editted it. In any case...

* The reporter is openly confrontational, in my opinion bordering on rude.

* WN (in this editted video at least) clearly has a very difficult time communicating detailed answers to questions.

* The rapid-fire "You didn't hurt her" and "You weren't touching her" questions evoked the most decisive responses from him.

* I am assuming the 'only drinks coffee now' comment from the media is implying that he drank alcohol before.

I short I see nothing in the video that causes me to revise my opinion of him at all. I don't have the slightest idea whether or not he is guilty. Literally everyone in the home is a potential suspect.

Watching the interview again I only wish that the media had not so extensively editted it. In any case...

* The reporter is openly confrontational, in my opinion bordering on rude.

I wonder if the editing was done because WN said some things that LE doesn't want published. I agree that the reporter was confrontational and somewhat rude. It looks like they had pulled the man from the street and just started firing questions, not like a planned interview.

Ok, just watched the video of WN. He's still a bit 'off' imo, but i believe he is def. on meds... he has that 'delay'

I thought he made the statement (and correct me if i'm wrong) that
Celina almost always slept on the couch.

They went UPSTAIRS to go to bed.... so
a. if Celina almost always slept on the couch in LR
b. didn't MOM have to walk by her to go to work
c. wouldn't she notice she wasn't there that morning (or was it still dark?)
d. If WN noticed her missing from the couch (which i kindof got from this video, tho i thought it was from the basement before), why didn't anyone else notice her missing first? OR
e. or was Celina still there when Mom left for work?

Sorry if i'm not remembering... i sitll have fuzzy nyquil brain but can't stop thinking about it now.

TIA

d. If WN noticed her missing from the couch (which i kindof got from this video, tho i thought it was from the basement before), why didn't anyone else notice her missing first? OR
TIA

Don't worry it's not the nyquil!
Yes he did say that Celina usually slept on the couch. I heard it clearly and that is different from what was reported in the Mom's description of what took place that last night. The local news had posted a pretty detailed description, in which she said that Celina and her sister shared a bedroom in the fully finished basement.

http://www.wmur.com/video/29454976/detail.html

Here's the video...
He lost 30 pounds but still seems a bit "off" I dunno if he's on meds or what.

Thanks. He seems very nervous as if his heart is pounding. I don't know because it's hard to tell with the mentally ill. He reminds me of so many street people in this city who don't know reality from fantasy. And they take GREAT OFFENSE at even very small things and get screaming. Their minds are so confused. He's on medication probably, but he still seems mentally off but the meds probably keep him from exploding because I can see the anger seething in him being accused.

I don't know if he did it or not.

Don't worry it's not the nyquil!
Yes he did say that Celina usually slept on the couch. I heard it clearly and that is different from what was reported in the Mom's description of what took place that last night. The local news had posted a pretty detailed description, in which she said that Celina and her sister shared a bedroom in the fully finished basement.

But, didn't Mom also say she slept on the couch when sis wasn't there?

I wonder if the editing was done because WN said some things that LE doesn't want published. I agree that the reporter was confrontational and somewhat rude. It looks like they had pulled the man from the street and just started firing questions, not like a planned interview.

From the cup in his hand and the way WN starts to walk off but comes back to answer another question, it looks like WN had gotten a cup of coffee and was walking when Amy Coveno started asking him questions.

This reporter also did the interview when Celina was mising (the day when he was hospitalized in the late morning and Celina's body was recovered in the afternoon) where she spotted WN walking and walked along next to him asking him questions. That was the interview were the reporter asked how LN was doing and WN said "fine." And she asked if he slept last night and he said "yes." People criticized his answers but it seemed like he just didn't want to be interviewed. What is the correct answer to "how are you doing" in that kind of situation?

Ok, just watched the video of WN. He's still a bit 'off' imo, but i believe he is def. on meds... he has that 'delay'

Sorry if i'm not remembering... i sitll have fuzzy nyquil brain but can't stop thinking about it now.

TIA

I'm not familiar with the layout of the apartment, Kakidoll. Perhaps LN or WN's mother did not need to pass through the living room to go to the kitchen for breakfast or to get to the door to the outside. You may not be able to see into the living room, or at least the couch, from the kitchen or the doorway.

If they left after 6 a.m., it would not have been dark at the times LN and WN's mother left. Maybe the couch had unfolded blankets on it and looked like someone was there, if they did see it. Or if they did notice CC was not on the couch, they may have just thought she was in the bedroom downstairs.

Your question about whether Celina was on the couch when her mother left is a good one. But IIRC LN and WN both have said that the last time they saw her was the night before.

TIA

Very good points!! I don't know where the LR was in relation to the mother's bedroom so I'm not sure if she had to walk by the LR or not!!

From the cup in his hand and the way WN starts to walk off but comes back to answer another question, it looks like WN had gotten a cup of coffee and was walking when Amy Coveno started asking him questions.

This reporter also did the interview when Celina was missing (the day when he was hospitalized in the late morning and Celina's body was recovered in the afternoon) where she spotted WN walking and walked along next to him asking him questions. That was the interview were the reporter asked how LN was doing and WN said "fine." And she asked if he slept last night and he said "yes." People criticized his answers but it seemed like he just didn't want to be interviewed. What is the correct answer to "how are you doing" in that kind of situation?

Good point Bodhi, I didn't realize that it was the same reporter. Again, I don't think this was a planned interview.

Also some really good points about the layout of the house. We do not know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKseeker