Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 #12 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thinking of you, Celina :rose:
I hope you someday have justice...

While I'm glad that the investigators in Celinas murder are considering all suspects, this makes it seem like they have no clue who did this to her. :(

BBM

Oh they have a clue--or many clues--but they don't have enough evidence to bring a charge or charges--yet.....

BBM

Oh they have a clue--or many clues--but they don't have enough evidence to bring a charge or charges--yet.....

True.

This case was always gonna be a tough one. It's difficult to conclusively tie one person to a crime when this many people were in the home. My complaint, for what it's worth, is if the police feel they lack the evidence necessary to move forward then (in my opinion) they need to stop sitting on their evidence. Something there, something that they know and have not released, might be the critical piece of information that jogs someone's memory, or that inspires someone to come forward and stop concealing what they know.

The longer they hide this stuff the less likely this becomes.

My opinion only of course.

Celina brought me to websleuths. When she first went missing there were so many posts it was hard to keep up. A month after her body was found her case quickly died down.

It's hard not to think that this case was neatly tucked away into cold cases by the time Celina was dead 2 months.

I personally think that WN was the prime focus in the investigation and instead of a typical investigation that evidence points to the perp, they suspected WN and looked for evidence to support that.

We know nothing except that it was ruled a homicide. It seems that WN and KM have received the most speculation, along with speculation that this was a sexually motivated murder. Yet there is no evidence that we have pointing to that.

Statistically speaking she was most likely murdered by a family member in the house, that list includes Louisa, Kevin, Wendell, and Tommie. Also in the building in a different apartment (IIRC) was an aunt and cousin. So that should be the first list of suspects to clear. Then we have the last two people that saw Celina, the neighbors CH and JA to add to the first suspect pool. There were conflicting reports as to whether or not NN was also staying in the house when Celina went missing, so he possibly is on the list.

Sorry, I have a lot on my mind. I went back and read the first 11 threads. So this post might get lengthy.

Stranger abduction or nonfamily member abduction can not be ruled out, IMO. Her room was in the basement with an outside entrance. She could have walked outside, someone may have come in and taken her. The possibilities are endless and maddening.

As I was reading the old posts I started wondering, when did KL make plans to go to a friends house? Was this a last minute sleepover? KM said when he got home he assumed both girls were asleep downstairs. This indicates he was not aware that KL was sleeping over at a friends house.

In the initial threads there was much talk and many links discussing parents who kill their children and the manner of disposal. Mothers being more likely to use a water disposal, swaddling the body and disposing of it close to home. Celina was found wrapped in a blanket in a river 1/4 mile from home. So if a parent killed and disposed of Celina then LCN seems more likely. But what if it was a female who was not her mother? There were at least two other females with access to Celina that night, one was right there in the house.

I really hope that LE has looked long and hard at the evidence and where it points, rather than at potential suspects and how they could fit.

Celina doesn't deserve to hang out on page 5, she deserves page 1, she deserves justice. I sincerely wish that Celina had lived and been able to read about how many people, strangers who had never met her, cared about her, cared about her life, cared about her future.

True.

This case was always gonna be a tough one. It's difficult to conclusively tie one person to a crime when this many people were in the home. My complaint, for what it's worth, is if the police feel they lack the evidence necessary to move forward then (in my opinion) they need to stop sitting on their evidence. Something there, something that they know and have not released, might be the critical piece of information that jogs someone's memory, or that inspires someone to come forward and stop concealing what they know.

The longer they hide this stuff the less likely this becomes.

My opinion only of course.

BBM What I find so appalling is that there were so many potential WITNESSES in the home, yet supposedly no one heard anything -- not a scream, not a scuffle, nothing knocked over in a struggle. I know that people in the home slept on different levels and in different parts of the home, but I live in a townhouse and am often startled by noises I hear next door -- like someone running up/down the stairs, a door slamming shut or something falling. Makes me wonder if more than one person in that home knows more than they're telling. Is someone being protected?

Or, was Celina killed while she was sleeping? Suffocated or strangled, perhaps, before she could fully awaken and react? Or, was she lured outside to a remote location by someone she trusted?

Wishing someone would speak up so this case can go forward. It must be particularly difficult for Celina's sister not knowing what happened to her sister ... frightening, even, wondering if someone close to her is responsible.

I wonder if anyone seriously believes that there are several investigators working on this case every day. IMO, this case is stuffed in the cold case drawer like most other NH cases that are over a year old.

You are not forgotten, Celina.

I keep thinking about the wet clothes found in the bed of WN's truck...seems like a really big clue to me. Even if they do not belong to him and someone else tossed them in there, so many questions remain: "Who do they belong to? How did they get there? How did they become wet? Does forensic analysis of the clothing reveal any similarities between particulates found on the clothing and those native to the river, the blanket or possible DNA pertinent to this case? Just so many questions still to be answered....

After poor Caylee, I have lost all faith in our justice system.Justice seems to be whoever is the better BSer wins.With so many cases like Celina's where no one is arrested after more then a year, I now how very little faith in LE.

After poor Caylee, I have lost all faith in our justice system.Justice seems to be whoever is the better BSer wins.With so many cases like Celina's where no one is arrested after more then a year, I now how very little faith in LE.

I agree with you it amazes me that in this day an age with touch DNA and other advances it is still very difficult for law enforcement to find the perp responsible. It seems to be if you manage to leave little or no evidence by putting a body in water or concealing it long enough for evidence to be lost you can get away with murder. More needs to be done to find perps but it is no easy task and I have no idea how police could start improving conviction rates.

Wow! A possible connection to Samantha Koenig AND the missing Curriers?

Sounds like a very plausible theory, backed up by some impressive police work.

Bummer! I was hoping there was new news and not a repeat of what we had heard back in July. Although I am glad to see that they are possibly still pursing this as a possibility.

I still think they never looked past WN and KM, they made such good suspects.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitbladdo
Back