Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 #12 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why has it taken so long for an arrest in this case?

Let us not forget Kevin Mullaney, once considered as Celina's "half-brother" and who was living in the same house as Celina.

http://www.timesargus.com/article/20120121/NEWS04/701219936/1002/NEWS01

Is it possible information sourced from Mullaney ultimately led to Noyes' arrest and 2nd degree murder charge? Can they make the charge stick if Noyes ever makes it to trial?

In New Hampshire:

TITLE LXII
CRIMINAL CODE

CHAPTER 630
HOMICIDE

Section 630:1-b

630:1-b Second Degree Murder. –
I. A person is guilty of murder in the second degree if:
(a) He knowingly causes the death of another; or
(b) He causes such death recklessly under circumstances manifesting an extreme indifference to the value of human life. Such recklessness and indifference are presumed if the actor causes the death by the use of a deadly weapon in the commission of, or in an attempt to commit, or in immediate flight after committing or attempting to commit any class A felony.
II. Murder in the second degree shall be punishable by imprisonment for life or for such term as the court may order.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/LXII/630/630-1-b.htm

Speculation: had Noyes committed a felonious act and Celina witnessed the act and ultimately suffered? I'm looking for a possible scenario in which the prosecution has definitive evidence that directly ties Noyes to CC's death.

Mens rea:

...a legal phrase used to describe the mental state a person must be in while committing a crime for it to be intentional. It can refer to a general intent to break the law or a specific, premeditated plan to commit a particular offense.

IMO, likely there was sexual abuse going on. She threatened to tell someone.....It's happened before, unfortunately.

I'm just shocked that they finally got around to charging him. New Hampshire must have quite a few highly skilled pro-bono attorneys up there, willing to use their advanced jujitsu legal skills on behalf indigent perverts. This guy should have been arrested a long time ago. :jail: There was likely more than enough circumstantial and other evidence at the time. We can only hope he didn't abuse any more young girls while the community waited for justice.

RIP sweet little Celina. You deserved so much better in your brief time here on earth.

Wendell Noyes is not "indigent:" He is collecting over 3,000. tax-free dollars a month based on VA disability compensation, and thus he is not eligible for "pro-bono attorneys." VA disability compensation is not an "entitlement" (i.e, "welfare"), but rather a benefit the veteran has worked for and earned. All of what I've stated here is a matter of public record, and in no way am I defending him or any of his actions--even though a guilty verdict has not yet been rendered and may never be.

Why has it taken so long for an arrest in this case?

Let us not forget Kevin Mullaney, once considered as Celina's "half-brother" and who was living in the same house as Celina.

http://www.timesargus.com/article/20120121/NEWS04/701219936/1002/NEWS01

Is it possible information sourced from Mullaney ultimately led to Noyes' arrest and 2nd degree murder charge? Can they make the charge stick if Noyes ever makes it to trial?

In New Hampshire:

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/LXII/630/630-1-b.htm

Speculation: had Noyes committed a felonious act and Celina witnessed the act and ultimately suffered? I'm looking for a possible scenario in which the prosecution has definitive evidence that directly ties Noyes to CC's death.

This is New Hampshire we're talking about here: In New Hampshire there are cases galore, cold or otherwise, where no one has been, is, or will be charged because the Attorney General's office does not believe there is enough evidence "beyond a reasonable doubt" to convict; this has been true over the last 25 years no matter who the Attorney General has been or is. If anyone reading this should be interested, do a Google search on the conviction rate for murder in New Hampshire--and I am not implying, inferring, or stating that the death sentence will be considered in this case.

The judge presiding over today's Noyes arraignment is the same judge who declared Noyes incompetent to stand trial in a 2015 (http://www.wmur.com/news/stepfather-of-girl-found-dead-4-years-ago-charged-with-trespassing/35705530) case.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/06/...court-new-hampshire-west-stewartstown-berlin/

Does one feel sorry for Noyes (he suffers from a mental disorder) or does one despise Noyes for what he is accused of having done to CC? The most difficult realization: how does one fathom how Noyes came to be in CC's life? LC has to live with that for the rest of her life.

I suspect true justice will never be served as it is likely Noyes will be deemed incompetent to stand trial. Some believe he did not act alone so maybe the prosecution has an ace up its collective sleeve that may get Noyes to relate to them exactly what occurred the night CC went 'missing'.

This is a very painful case...

I admire your courage for addressing this issue especially in light of the fact that what I perceived to be a painful interview for LC seemed to reveal none of what you've mentioned. I continue to be challenged by the fact that many women, and some men as well, continue toenter into relationships and choose to live with partners who seem to find them attractive only for the child or children they bring into the relationship; these children all too often wind up being emotionally, mentally, physically, and/or sexually abused by the partner. As to how "Noyes came to be in CC's life," I am speculating that LC may very well be one of those women who believes she must have a man in her life, for whatever reason, and did not stop to consider any potential negative factor that her decision may have involved.

I admire your courage for addressing this issue especially in light of the fact that what I perceived to be a painful interview for LC seemed to reveal none of what you've mentioned. I continue to be challenged by the fact that many women, and some men as well, continue toenter into relationships and choose to live with partners who seem to find them attractive only for the child or children they bring into the relationship; these children all too often wind up being emotionally, mentally, physically, and/or sexually abused by the partner. As to how "Noyes came to be in CC's life," I am speculating that LC may very well be one of those women who believes she must have a man in her life, for whatever reason, and did not stop to consider any potential negative factor that her decision may have involved.

"seemed to reveal none of what you mentioned"

I haven't a clue as to what you mean. :thinking:

So glad she they have finally arrested him!

This is one of the cases that brought me to WS for the first time.

RIP Sweet Celina.

I just saw a small picture of Celina on the Foxnews website. I'm so glad there has been an arrest! However I'm not sure her step-father would have been able to hide her in the water where she was found all by himself. I think he either had help or they have the wrong guy. I do believe he at least saw what was going on the night of Celina's disappearance, due to his behavior. Perhaps he was talked into helping.

I know it has to be tough to be in the police and district attorney's shoe. We will not find out the "holy grail" info that finally makes this arrest possible. I have read other commenters here and I too would check with google at least 5-6 times a year hoping for news such as this. I wonder if it will take months or even years before they have a trial on this case. It was interesting that they only charged him with 2nd degree murder. Purely speculation on my part that their was a lack of intent on WN part or their was not enough evidence available to support the 1st degree charge. Nothing has been stated as such(the length of time that Celina Cass's body was in the river) but if it was more than a few days that type of evidence may have been hard to find. I always thought that blanket was a key piece of evidence and AFAIK nothing has been published about if it was the blanket Celina used to cover up at night or if it was a generic blanket used by all the members of that household. It does seem strange that it took five years for LEA finally charge someone for the crime(WN). I wonder if they were tipped off that he was going a great distance away? Speculation purely.

The competency hearing was delayed for a third time. Now (tentatively) rescheduled for February.

http://www.theprogressnews.com/news/state/competency-hearing-canceled-for-man-charged-in-girl-s-death/article_bdf6ff84-b5d8-5474-92dd-3641df6f0520.html

A hearing on whether a New Hampshire man charged with second-degree murder in the death of his 11-year-old stepdaughter is mentally competent to stand trial has been called off.

The Caledonian Record reports the hearing for 52-year-old Wendell Noyes was scheduled for Monday in Lancaster. It was canceled on Friday and rescheduled for February.

Any News?

TIA / Thanks In Advance

The only article I could find on the hearing, I need to sign up to read it. I didn't do that, but I will keep looking.

Charges against the step-father have been dropped. Supposedly the is not mentally competent for trial. UGH

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeofLife
Back