Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 #12 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the above link:

Also Thursday, Louisia Noyes said she is frustrated with authorities. Earlier this week, they told her there was nothing new in the investigation. But a customer on Thursday entered Noyes’ workplace, the Lads and Ladybugs consignment shop, and told her a grand jury will hear information about the case.

“They just said it was a grand jury,” Noyes said. It was upsetting not to hear it from officials, she said.

“I had called several different people and they said, ‘No, nothing new.’ Then I hear about this at work today,” Noyes said Thursday night. “Why wasn’t I informed?”

Just heard about this and thought I would post links:

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — A New Hampshire man who lived in the same apartment as an 11-year-old girl who was found dead in the Connecticut River is in custody on charges unrelated to her killing.

A jail official says 23-year-old Kevin Mullaney has been held at the Coos County jail since Jan. 10 with bail set at $31,000. Mullaney is charged with receiving stolen property, breach of bail, possession of a firearm by a felon and forgery.

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/...-girl-faces-charges-2643941.php#ixzz1k1WI1glr

A young man living in Celina Cass’ home in West Stewartstown before her murder last summer has been jailed on several charges, including the forgery of the name of Cass’ mother, the New Hampshire Union Leader has learned.

http://unionleader.com/article/20120120/NEWS03/701209959/0/NEWS06

Well, hasn't Kevin been a busy boy.

Interesting to place his activities along a timeline of the very little that's been publicized about Celina's case. So on October 4 Kevin steals Louisia's check and cashes it. A week later he's interviewed about what happened the night Celina disappeared. Speaking of that interview, I've been curious why he related the events using the present tense. I've wondered if that's a local speech pattern or if it's something odd and unique to him.

Then just before Christmas on December 22 he's in trouble again...and Louisia wanted him to move out but didn't force it. (Louisia...you're had enough grief and you don't need him to give you more). And then he's in a homeless shelter and it's Celina's 12th birthday....he gets arrested on January 10 and it's not publicized till 10 days later.

All so odd.

I did find it heartening to see a week or so ago that his ex-girlfriend CH posted to her facebook page that she'd spent the day talking to detectives. She'd been on the porch with Wendell that night and my guess is that's probably the reason Kevin didn't come home right away.

Woah... wait a minute. Why did I just get a really weird feeling when I read this?

"Yes, news media?
I'm just calling to make SURE you know that I do NOT want to talk to you. Okay? Is that clear?"

Wow....

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20120122/NEWS03/701229989

Atwood, who called the New Hampshire Sunday News to make sure it was clear they did not want to be interviewed, said:
“We are devoted and have been spoken to and ordered not to speak to (the) media.
It's a devastating loss to the North Country, and I'm sorry she's gone.”

So glad to check in here and read the news and hear there is still concern over Celina and the case is active. I don’t want to get my hopes too high that the case might be solved, but chances are there at this point. Mullaney is a goner anyway. He is facing prison no matter what. He is a criminal, a drug addict and a bad egg as he has proven and deserves to be behind bars. I might be wrong, but I feel the GJ meeting does have to do with Celina in addition to the felony charges he currently has. Plea deal on information or confession. I have always thought he and WN were in this together. I’m hoping the rat takes the cheese!

As for Louisa, IDK, and not going to say anything bad, but I can understand why officials do not and have not kept her fully informed, because of the choices she makes and what she might say. I hope things turn out for her, sorry about her job and maybe she can collect and get some Govt. assistance. I feel very sorry for Kayla. She has not had a very good example of how a woman should live and survive. I hope she is strong and pushes to get herself an education and get out of that mess and environment.

Praying and still standing behind justice for Celina.

“Celina Cass Missing: Man Who Lived With Killed New Hampshire Girl Faces Charges”

The Huffington Post had this headline this morning. It’s so misleading. It’s clearly meant to make the reader think he’s being charged in connection with Celina’s murder, not the apparently unrelated charges that people have already posted about here. MSM fail, IMO.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/22/celina-cass-missing_n_1221924.html

Almost from day one KM has been on the top of my list. And, despite all the finger pointing, WN was never there because I do not feel he has the mental capacity to commit such a crime and cover it up so well. KM remains at the top of my list......way on the top.

Almost from day one KM has been on the top of my list. And, despite all the finger pointing, WN was never there because I do not feel he has the mental capacity to commit such a crime and cover it up so well. KM remains at the top of my list......way on the top.

Me too. Absolutely agree with you. Even more so after reading that he was the last one to come home, and he 'sat on the couch' but never saw her that night.
Everyone said she was afraid to sleep down in the basement alone. And they also said she was in the livingroom watching tv and playing on the computer while the stepdad was visiting friends on the porch. So I do not believe that she went downstairs alone in the dark after everyone went to bed. I think she went to sleep on that couch. And then a drunk and high KM stumbled through that door and 'sat on the couch.'

We know that the stepdads truck has been impounded. I have always wondered if KM took the keys to that truck and tool CC for a ride himself that night. :mad:

Sorry to say, but mom did not show good judgement in ever allowing this person to live in her home with two young daughters, much less after one was murdered and the killer has not been indentified. JMO

Sorry to say, but mom did not show good judgement in ever allowing this person to live in her home with two young daughters, much less after one was murdered and the killer has not been indentified. JMO

Agreed. And i hate to nit-pick, but why were the two young girls down in the basement? Shouldn't KM have been sleeping down there? I would have wanted my girls in the bedroom closest to mine. Who cares if they wanted a bigger room or whatnot. They would be better off closer to the parents room,if a family friend who was just released from prison was going to be moved into the home. imo.

In a WMUR story back in October, KM was quoted as saying to the media that Louisia had been like a mother to him. So he pays her back by stealing and trying to cash one of her checks, after her daughter has been found murdered. That's a sociopathic personality.

Glad the AG is looking to detain him however possible.

It's how Casey Anthony paid back her parents too.
Maybe this arrest will lead to the Truth.

He wouldn't be the first druggie to steal from his parents. What really concerned me though, was Louisia's statement that she wanted him to move out before Christmas (he forged the check in October) but didn't force the issue. Because she was living with his father now? Because she felt sorry for him? Or does she feel that powerless.

I was also very disappointed to read that she is now laid off from her job at the consignment store. Best case, wonderful scenario would be if she were able to find some other sort of job to make a better life for herself and Kayla.

I sincerely hope that Celina's killer is brought to justice soon. I don't know what to think of KM. I have given him the benefit of the doubt many times, thinking he'd changed his life but these recent arrests leave me concerned.

I'm going to try to put this delicately b/c I don't want it to seem like I'm bashing the victim at all. But it seems as if either KM or WN or someone who was allowed in/out of the home regularly is to blame. If this is the case, then really LCN's choices really led to Celina's death, and maybe this is why she isn't being kept informed. I really hope that she makes some huge life changing decisions on how she proceeds with her life for Kayla's sake. It bothers me that she immediately moved back in with KM's dad and has rekindled that relationship. While we know next to nothing about him and he could be a saint.

This is totally just my opinion, but I just think that Kayla could use just some time with her mom. But then again, I'm of the opinion that women don't need to be in a relationship every minute of their lives and being a single parent isn't the worst thing in the world. I realize I'm in the minority in this opinion.

I sincerely hope that Celina's killer is brought to justice soon. I don't know what to think of KM. I have given him the benefit of the doubt many times, thinking he'd changed his life but these recent arrests leave me concerned.

I'm going to try to put this delicately b/c I don't want it to seem like I'm bashing the victim at all. But it seems as if either KM or WN or someone who was allowed in/out of the home regularly is to blame. If this is the case, then really LCN's choices really led to Celina's death, and maybe this is why she isn't being kept informed. I really hope that she makes some huge life changing decisions on how she proceeds with her life for Kayla's sake. It bothers me that she immediately moved back in with KM's dad and has rekindled that relationship. While we know next to nothing about him and he could be a saint.

This is totally just my opinion, but I just think that Kayla could use just some time with her mom. But then again, I'm of the opinion that women don't need to be in a relationship every minute of their lives and being a single parent isn't the worst thing in the world. I realize I'm in the minority in this opinion.

I agree with you that it would have been nice for kayla to be alone with her mom for awhile. But I don't think mom is stable enough financially, and maybe even emotionally, to do so. I think she is very fragile. But sadly, KIM's dad does not seem like the best room mate either. Too much interwoven drama, imo. I do feel really worried for Kayla right now. She must have been so devastated and even felt guilty, being the big sister and all. Poor baby.

I agree with you that it would have been nice for kayla to be alone with her mom for awhile. But I don't think mom is stable enough financially, and maybe even emotionally, to do so. I think she is very fragile. But sadly, KIM's dad does not seem like the best room mate either. Too much interwoven drama, imo. I do feel really worried for Kayla right now. She must have been so devastated and even felt guilty, being the big sister and all. Poor baby.

According to the news articles MM is unemployed as well, so I'm not certain how financially stable he is. The latest article I read indicated that MM moved into the apartment LCN & KL had moved into. I was sure I'd previously read that LCN & KL moved into MM's place.

I do understand not being able to afford a place of your own, but surely LCN has relatives she could have moved in with.

I really feel for Kayla, I hope that she can avoid following in the footsteps that lead to such dependency on men. Some kids see their parents and are determined to live a much better life, some just don't see any other option besides what their parents have done. Hopefully she can have a better life. I feel so bad for her.

Can we discuss motive for a minute? It's one thing I've struggled with in this whole case.

KM? I would think not sexual, since he seemed to have no problem getting girlfriends and has no charges against him of a sexual nature. He's also had no violent charges against him. Maybe CC caught him coming home w/drugs and was going to tell? I do find it interesting that LE set up an apparent sting by having KM take the gun to an undercover officer to "purchase". So they're apparently onto him for something.

WN? Possibly sexual, but his FB profile which is so often referred to in these discussions was of adult females. So maybe CC was going to tell LCN about WN's facebook friends? Maybe WN did have pedophile tendencies and had started grooming CC or had already molested her and she started fighting back or threatened to tell?

Others....not sure where to begin. Was the neighbor couple the only friends over the night that Celina disappeared? Has it ever been indicated when Celina died?

I think sexual abuse may be the motive behind KM's possible involvement. It does not matter how many girlfriends he had, because sexual abuse of kids is about power and control and sadism, imo. My uncle, who lived with us and abused me sexually when I was very young always had girlfriends.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams
Back