Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 #12 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Trying to catch up. Someone please refresh my memory. Who is KM? So this person was arrested? Was his arrest connected to this case? TIA

It is kind of strangely complicated. KM is the son of Celina's mom's ex boyfriend. Apparently she was kind of a stepmom figure to KM. And he is about 22 I think. But he did some jail time before Celina was killed. I think for stealing cars. And when he was released from jail he moved into Celina's home.

I have always been very suspicious of him because he was known to have a bad temper and was quite a ladies man. And he was the last one home that night and may have been the last to see Celina if she was asleep on the couch.
He even puts himself on that couch because he said he came home, everyone was sleep, and he sat on the couch for awhile.

He was just recently arrested for forgery I believe. I think he stole some checks from Celina's mom, IIRC.

Trying to catch up. Someone please refresh my memory. Who is KM? So this person was arrested? Was his arrest connected to this case? TIA

Hi, n/t. KM is one of the people in Celina's apartment in West Stewartown the night she disappeared. Celina, her mother LN, stepfather WN, and WN's mother were all staying in the apartment that night. KM said he came home around midnight, sat on the couch in the living room, and did not see Celina.

KM is in his early twenties and lived with Celina's family. His father MM was an ex-boyfriend of LN"s, and he was considered part of the family. Sort of a step-brother to CC and her sister. KM had a criminal record and did serve time. My recollection from last summer is that it was not for a violent crime, but I don't remember the details.

After LN and Celina's sister moved out of the apartment, they moved to MM's father's place across the river in Vermont. KM was also staying there until recently.

Mainstream media reports describe the living situation differenty, saying LN and MM are roommates or that they are in a relationship.

According to the articles linked to by n/t above, KM has been in jail in Coos County, NH, since January 10. He's charged with receiving stolen property, violating bail, being a felon in possession of a firearm, and forgery. The forgery charge was for stealing one of LN's checks and cashing it for $250 at a convenience store.

KM's previous arrest & prison stay was for stealing cars, IIRC.

Someone up thread mentioned that KM had a violent history, do you have a link to an article regarding that? I don't remember reading anything about him and violence and would like to read more.

Do you think we're too focused on who was IN the house that night? I was just re-reading the article where KM says that he got home at midnight, ate & watched TV then went to bed at 1am. He assumed Kayla & Celina were downstairs b/c Celina wasn't on the couch. If he's innocent and telling the truth, it's possible that someone lured Celina out of the house.

It seems like early in the investigation there was mention that she was last seen on the computer and IMing someone. I don't remember any interviews with that guy, or any media reporting on that, was it just a rumor?

Thanks for the replies. Gosh I hope he is not involved. Isn't he the one in some of the pictures with Celina? She looked so happy being with him. :(

Do you think we're too focused on who was IN the house that night? I was just re-reading the article where KM says that he got home at midnight, ate & watched TV then went to bed at 1am. He assumed Kayla & Celina were downstairs b/c Celina wasn't on the couch. If he's innocent and telling the truth, it's possible that someone lured Celina out of the house.

It seems like early in the investigation there was mention that she was last seen on the computer and IMing someone. I don't remember any interviews with that guy, or any media reporting on that, was it just a rumor?

I've begun to question KM and what time he really did come home. I don't think I am believing his story. I think it's possible he may be lying about all of it and came in soon after the "neighbors" left. I am also real curious about what Louisa has to say in regard to what time or when WN actually came upstairs if she even knows. :fence:

I believe the earlier stories said she was last seen "playing" on the computer. I don't remember anything being said about her IMimg anyone.

Seeing as how the grand jury heard all the testimony in Celina's case in January, it sure doesn't seem likely that there will be any indictments coming at this point. And if that's the case, it supports the contention that the state is completely in the dark with this case.

Makes me so sad, I thought at the beginning they were just being tight lipped, it's starting to look like they know nothing. Did they ever give a cause of death, or just rule it a homicide?

Makes me so sad, I thought at the beginning they were just being tight lipped, it's starting to look like they know nothing. Did they ever give a cause of death, or just rule it a homicide?

As far as I know, the manner of death is homicide but they haven't released COD yet.

I can't find any info about KM's drug charges. Does anyone know if they are possession or distribution? Meth, pot, opioids????? TIA

Today on ID channel they had Katie Collman's case in their series called "Unusual Suspects". As I watched, I couldn't stop thinking of Celina.

What if the people we believe might be the usual supsects in Celina's case are not? What if it's someone who is totally unrelated to Celina? What if Celina did go for a walk that night and happend upon her killer? Is that why LE haven't made an arrest yet? Are they missing that one piece of the puzzle?

Katie's killer was married with a child. Nobody would have ever suspected him. A cigarette butt found at the creek where she was found is what led LE to him (along with eye witnesses seeing his white truck). Katie was 10. Raped, her hands tied behind her back and thrown alive in the creek. Her killer watched her drown. :(

He confessed.

Today on ID channel they had Katie Collman's case in their series called "Unusual Suspects". As I watched, I couldn't stop thinking of Celina.

What if the people we believe might be the usual supsects in Celina's case are not? What if it's someone who is totally unrelated to Celina? What if Celina did go for a walk that night and happend upon her killer? Is that why LE haven't made an arrest yet? Are they missing that one piece of the puzzle?

Katie's killer was married with a child. Nobody would have ever suspected him. A cigarette butt found at the creek where she was found is what led LE to him (along with eye witnesses seeing his white truck). Katie was 10. Raped, her hands tied behind her back and thrown alive in the creek. Her killer watched her drown. :(

He confessed.

I saw that show as well...and am very sad to say I had never heard of her before. I will never understand why some cases get so much attention and others, next to none.

For Celina, I think everything depends on whether or not there was any DNA found...and if there was, and it did not match any of the "usual suspects", no one may ever be arrested, unless they are eventually charged with another felony and someone happens to run the sample for a hit. I don't see how else this can be solved. JMO

I've often wondered about it being someone who WASN'T at the house that night. Did she take a walk? Did friends lure her out then bully her and kill her?

Did they ever use HRD on this case? How long had her body been in the river? How long had she been dead?

What took so long to find her body? It was a 1/4 mi from the house in the river, why wasn't the river the first place to search? The killer didn't try hard to hide her body, dropped her off the first bridge he/she came to? Not concerned with being caught?

This is so frustrating to me, poor Celina deserved a better life.

I saw that show as well...and am very sad to say I had never heard of her before. I will never understand why some cases get so much attention and others, next to none.

For Celina, I think everything depends on whether or not there was any DNA found...and if there was, and it did not match any of the "usual suspects", no one may ever be arrested, unless they are eventually charged with another felony and someone happens to run the sample for a hit. I don't see how else this can be solved. JMO

Katie's case was very much high profile back in 2005. You might remember the killer had his forehead branded "Katie's Revenge" allegedly by inmates.

Yes if the perp is not in the database, it will be very difficult to solve this case. Wasn't there a bar/pub close to the home or am I confusing this case with another one? Or was it a truck stop of some sort?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeCoffeeMa
Back