Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/celina-cass-autopsy-expected-reveal-death/story?id=14210336

The video in this link makes the statement that the Step Father (WN) was drunk, and that is why they took him to the hospital...:waitasec:

Is that right???

That is what I was just getting ready to post and seeing the end of the video interview with him, which I hadn't seen before, I would say that yes, he does appear to have been drinking with the slurring and stumbling.

However, it is not at all uncommmon for individuals with mental health problems to also partake in drink or drugs. My father had severe depression and anxieties and was also an alcoholic. Alcohol and illegal drugs are often used as coping tools if the person is not taking the proper doses of their prescription medications or have not found the proper cocktail of prescription medications to manage their mental health issues.

If he is not normally a drinker, then it is possible that even if he were taking the right doses of his medications for his illness, with the added stresses, he may have needed an increase or adjustment of his meds, but instead chose to use alcohol to buffer the added stressors.

Do you agree, CN2S?

He could very well have been managing his stress with alcohol. There are some medical conditions which also can appear to be drunkenness. Diabetes or stroke can cause slurred speech and loss of balance. Diabetes in particular could explain gingerly laying himself down like that, if he were feeling shaky, faint, and with a racing heart. I've done something similar when my blood sugar bottomed out and I thought I would faint.

Or, if he did imbibe, with his medications, it might not take much or it could interact poorly. I really feel for him if he's not involved in Celina's death, because all of this stress and scrutiny is probably making it so much harder for him to maintain equilibrium. Even if he's not behaving in the expected way, it's always important to keep in mind that people handle stress and grief differently. He could be completely innocent, and at this time, LE have not named him a POI or suspect.

Are we sure the article isn't stating that WN believed he'd been implanted with a tracking chip?

The sentence could read that an order was signed by the judge and that the order stated that WN suffered from PS and that WN believed he had been implanted with a tracking chip.

The sentence in the article is worded in an unclear way...

Yes after rereading it, I think you are correct. He believed he was implanted but not that they actually did.

He could very well have been managing his stress with alcohol. There are some medical conditions which also can appear to be drunkenness. Diabetes or stroke can cause slurred speech and loss of balance. Diabetes in particular could explain gingerly laying himself down like that, if he were feeling shaky, faint, and with a racing heart. I've done something similar when my blood sugar bottomed out and I thought I would faint.

Or, if he did imbibe, with his medications, it might not take much or it could interact poorly. I really feel for him if he's not involved in Celina's death, because all of this stress and scrutiny is probably making it so much harder for him to maintain equilibrium. Even if he's not behaving in the expected way, it's always important to keep in mind that people handle stress and grief differently. He could be completely innocent, and at this time, LE have not named him a POI or suspect.

I agree AT. With my father, even a small amount of alcohol at one point would cause symptoms of being drunk to be exponentially greater than if he were not on medication.

Praying for all of Celina's family and friends!

What exactly does this mean? The acts of pedophiles by definition harm children, so I'm having trouble parsing your argument.

RE: Originally Posted by Chris_Texas:
...As for pedophiles, well, there are a lot of them out there, but most, the overwhelming majority, would no more hurt this girl then you would hurt your own love...

Not the original poster, but my guess is s/he is arguing that there are many persons with pedophilia, but a smaller subset of those persons act on their urges. S/he could also be arguing that Celina was too old to be a "true" pedophile's interest, as she appears to be pubescent.

It's not really a topical point, though, because if Celina was targeted by an individual with a sexual interest in young girls, that individual is by nature part of the subset of persons who act on those urges. Statistically, many people may have a sexual interest in children or teenagers and not act on it - but if a child/teen is targeted by an individual, then we've moved beyond statistics. While the statistics are interesting, it's not really on topic with this case, other than to make a point that, if we're looking at the numbers, Celina was probably harmed by a family member, friend, or someone known to her.

He was walking with some sort of liquid in a bottle when he was asked questions by the reporter at WMUR.

Yes, the bottle appeared to be a soda bottle, but any sort of amber/brown liquid could have been in it.

Yes, SOME, people with mental illness self medicate with alcohol,

And some mentally healthy people self medicate with alcohol...

I just found it odd that a news cast would come out and say that....

TO ME... it seemed unproffessional...

I wonder if they were indirectly attempting to take pressure away from the talk of WN having schizophrenia...

I agree. Particularly since he's not been named a POI or suspect - seems a bit like kicking a man when he's down.

I wonder if they were indirectly attempting to take pressure away from the talk of WN having schizophrenia...

I am also not even going to approach the subject of schizophrenia,
because it seems there is only one document that we have seen that states that.
(yes, I know it is a court Document and a Forensics Psych. made that finding)

We have not seen anything else so far about that...Have we?

And More important he has not been named a suspect or even a POI.

I am so sad for this girl. I heard it on GMA this morning and at first I thought they had found her safe, but then sadly not. I thought they had searched the river already or maybe I just thought they did. I saw her dad in an interview last night and he said he had asked Celina if things were ok at home and she said yes. I felt so sorry for him, it was heartbreaking to see him suffering and to be sick as well. I hope they find pretty quick who did this. RIP Celina.

I am sad that there are so many children taken and harmed/killed. My daughter lives in a small town in AK and nobody locks their doors either. I have tried to caution her against this, but they still don't. I get scared thinking what could happen.

I keep meaning to bring this up, but haven't yet...Do we know what side of the house Celina's bedroom was on?

I have envisioned it being on the side that faces the Spa Restaurant parking lot and I think several others do as well. However, do we even know? If her bedroom is on the opposite side of the house, it is possible that, instead of restaurant goers and truck drivers, potentially seeing into her bedroom window, that it was boarders that the rooming house next door or people in the house to the rear of the apartment house.

Just a thought...

I am also not even going to approach the subject of schizophrenia,
because it seems there is only one document that we have seen that states that.
(yes, I know it is a court Document and a Forensics Psych. made that finding)

We have not seen anything else so far about that...Have we?

And More important he has not been named a suspect or even a POI.

Nope, only the speculation by a couple of news reports regarding his behavior and speculation on this and other forums.

As of right now, as far as we know, there are NO persons of interest and no suspects. And if there are, LE is holding them close to the vest, so to speak.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43984563/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/
"Police said there was no sign of a struggle and no indication she ran away or was kidnapped.

But based on what divers found, "We are treating her death as a suspicious death at this time," Young said, according to the Keene Sentinel. The autopsy was scheduled for Tuesday morning in Concord, N.H., ABC News reported."

I wonder what the divers found?

I agree that we should stop pointing fingers at the SF for the time being. I, particularly, am compassionate about people who suffer from mental illnesses because I have witnessed it first hand in my family.

It is NOT an easy burden to carry and I could argue that having paranoid schizophrenia is probably one of the hardest burdens to carry in this life. It is a lifetime of suffering. No matter how hard you try to get better or function in society, the person never knows when an episode will happen. It's just a really sad condition.

Unless the SF is named a POI or suspect, I think we should treat him as a victim. And even if he is found guilty but is incompetent to stand trial, we should respect that as well.

I just don't think we have any evidence yet that states that the SF is a cold hearted murderer.

I'm assuming something significant, dotr, since there was such a long gap between spotting her and recovery. Either they had difficulty extracting her, or they were being very careful to preserve evidence of some kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi