Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if this is the reason for the dely?

Reporters were just told that it may be another 45 minutes before the news conference starts.
by Kirk Enstrom/Staff 3:43 PM

Reporters were just told that it may be another 45 minutes before the news conference starts.
by Kirk Enstrom/Staff 6:43 PM

wouldn't it be wonderful if the delay was to announce an arrest???
ahh a gal can wish

I don't think I agree... to be diagnosed with Schizophrenia, one has to show dellusions/hallucinations for a period greater than 6 months...

Everyone can have a psycotic episode triggered by depression, stress and specially drugs. However, in Schizophrenia, the psycotic episodes are recurrent and not necessarily triggered by anything.

It is also a disease that starts when the individual is very young... They demonstrate a schizoid personality - those distant, introverted kids who have a very hard time forging emotional/social connections.

Not all shy kids are going to develop schizophrenia, however, it is very rare that a extrovert kid that is full of friends will develop the disease.

Like depression and other mental illnesses, there are varying levels of the disease. Some people are able to function very well and have mild attacks, while others are almost incapacitated.

I think some more qualified people have already responded to this, but...some of these statements are really misleading.

I think that when you referred to starting at a young age, the diagnosis sounds more like schizotypal or schizoid personality disorder.

And while the last paragraph is technically true in the sense that some schizophrenics have favorable treatment outcomes, less than 20% of those diagnosed go on to function as well as or better than they did before the symptoms appeared (http://www.schizophrenic.com/content/schizophrenia/diagnosis/schizophrenia-prognosis).

i have asked WMUR about the step father being uncooperative a couple of times, they are not answering

I'm still hoping that, if her death is ruled a homicide, we will have an arrest today or tomorrow. They seem that efficient to me!

I didn't see them releasing anyone else's health records. Not sure at all if it is okay to release health records even in a crime process unless he is a suspect, etc. I just know that the minute that hit the news he became the suspected person by everyone except it seems the people who know him. jmo

WN's health records have not been released, whatsoever. Instead, certain facts about his condition in the past were released by a judge in a court order and by his attorney in connection with past criminal charges. Nowhere have I seen any indication that his actual records have been released. I believe WN used his mental condition as a defense to a crime and that's why that info is public. See below:

Here is the quote from the article:

"In 2003, Noyes was involuntarily committed to New Hampshire Hospital in Concord after (incident with GF). An order signed by a probate judge indicated Noyes suffered from paranoid schizophrenia and believed corrections officials implanted a transmitter in his body to keep track of him.

A court motion filed by his attorney at the time indicated Noyes served in Operation Desert Shield before receiving a medical discharge from the Air Force because of schizophrenia."

Regarding schizophrenia or other mental illness and crime, I know it can be a sensitive subject. I think the real issue is step-parents being brought into homes with young children and the apparent phenomena that too many parents allow them unfettered access to their kids, or allow them to be alone with their kids, without knowing or caring much about their background, or they flat out ignore the abuse of their kids or actually allow it and sometimes participate in it. I can list way too many such cases that we have discussed right here on websleuths where a step-parent acting alone or with the child's parent, killed a kid.

But the mental illness issue does indeed concern me greatly. It's common sense. I know there is a huge amount of unfair stigma associated with mental illness but the fact remains (IMO) that mental illness has a definite link with crime:

[FONT=&quot]The tables and graphs tell the story. Contrary to the prevailing wisdom of many advocacy groups, the study adds the emerging yet growing body of literature which suggests severe mental illnesses do indeed seem to be associated with crime and violence [/FONT]

http://www.crimeandconsequences.com/crimblog/2008/12/crime-and-psychosis.html

In the tables cited and displayed in the article, schizophrenics were found to exhibit a significantly higher percentage of violent criminal offenses when compared with inmates in the no psychiatric disorder group. The risk that an inmate had been in prison for a prior offense was highest with those who have bi polar disorder but overall high for those with any mental disorder.

In the next link, it is reported that one in five inmates have a mental illness: http://crimeinamerica.net/2011/01/1...on-probation-were-identified-as-mentally-ill/

Does that mean that mentally ill people are inherently violent? Of course not. A lot is at play when it comes to violent crime, inmates and mental health, such as treatment or the lack thereof, etc. However, the SF in this case has already been charged with assault and he blamed it on his condition. Clearly, he is not a totally peaceful person.

That being said, again, I have no clue who harmed Celina. But someone did and I'm sure LE is exploring every avenue regardless of prejudice, statistics, or fear of being labeled prejudiced. I trust them to do their job thoroughly.

Totally O.T. !

No more little green dot to indicate we are 'on line' ?
Just the words ______ is online now.
When did this take place?
I'm not very observant.....can ya tell? :)

ETA: I see our green dots are back so ....... nebbermind. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV