Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 5 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The picture looks to me like a very common problem that I see in lots of FB and other online pictures. It looks like she took it herself on a hand held device (phone) and is focused on the phone and the controls, and not on the tiny little camera lens. So you end up with what looks like her looking straight into the camera, but her eyes are just shifted over a little. I also see a bit of hesitancy (as if she is working hard to pull off the look and the picture all at the same time). And, last but not least, she is under a bright light yet the area of her eyes is completely shaded by the hat, which removes the reflection of light in her eyes that really brings them to life in the other photos.

Thanks for your explanation, Elmomom! It makes a lot of sense to me. I had surgery for skin cancer last month, right under my eye. I had a very strange-looking yellow foam bolster over the skin graft for the 1st week. I tried taking pictures of myself with a digital camera to document my progress. And the pictures came out looking very creepy, whether I held the camera at arm's length or set it on something.

Your analysis seems much more likely to me than that she was drugged. Compared to FB pictures I've seen posted as profile pictures by girls her age, Celina's seems innocent to me.

Hey, did you see this? ;see below: How did that happen?????LOL

The Following 4,294,967,295 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

pretty cool THANKS count on that post.

But I disagree. I think this will end up being a sexual crime. Sadly.

I have to agree. A great deal of hinky going on. Some don't like to believe it's so common, but, unfortunately, we've seen it all too many times before in these cases. Doesn't make it any easier on us.

Here is a comparison of pictures. While there has been no obsession on my part with the picture with the hat, I will share with you that the first thought that crossed my mind on viewing the picture was that she was either on drugs or was drugged when the picture was taken. There is no life in the eyes at all ... no spark as is evident in the other pictures of her. I don't think the picture was photo shopped.

El,

BBM
I thought that the first time I saw the picture and didn't want to be the first to say that. It's those vacant eyes. Hopefully, she was going for that 1st grown-up, sultry picture look but I have seen that look so many times.

What a trajedy......such a beautiful child

Allow me to weight in here. For what it's worth, I am a professional makeup artist. My company specializes (now) in performance, glamour, and fantasy makeup for young people...

She appears to be wearing some makeup in the hat image, specifically eye shadow and perhaps some natural lip gloss or color. Some have said that it looks expertly applied. I completely disagree -- if it was a professional then they have all the skills of a typical pre-teen.

Nor do I see anything all that interesting in the picture or find it surprising that a girl her age would be wearing some makeup and typing to look mature in an image.

Appreciate your insight!

Or just the best way to move a body?

Honestly, if I had to move a body and there was a blanket/tarp/sheet nearby... it would be a whole lot easier to roll onto the blanket/tarp/sheet... then use that to carry it... or even drag it. It would also assist with not dropping evidence.

Well, one thing about it.... anyone who has worked with patients in a hospital or nursing home knows that a draw sheet (extra heavy flat sheet) or blanket makes the task of moving a person so much easier.

I don't think CC is trying to look pouty in the hat photo. I just think she had a natural lip parting because of her large tooth. I'm not saying that in a snarky way. I had braces when I was young for a similar unevenness in tooth size.
She was a beautiful girl IMO.

Here is a comparison of pictures. While there has been no obsession on my part with the picture with the hat, I will share with you that the first thought that crossed my mind on viewing the picture was that she was either on drugs or was drugged when the picture was taken. There is no life in the eyes at all ... no spark as is evident in the other pictures of her. I don't think the picture was photo shopped.

I haven't weighted in on this because, honestly, I don't feel it that big of a deal. However, I will say that the photo of Celina in the hat doesn't look to me to be all that different than many of the young girls that I see on FB these days. My stepdaughter has similar photos, as do her friends and some of my similarly aged cousins. I see a young girl who maybe got a new hat and put on a little makeup, then took a pouty "glamour" like photo, like you see of headshots of young models. I see nothing more than an innocent young girl taking a pic of herself with either the webcam or maybe a Nintendo DS to use on her FB. Since her town did not have cell service, I doubt she actually had a cell phone with which she could have taken the photo. JMOO

From what I understand the autopsy report came back inconclusive. If she was raped, wouldn't that show up in the autopsy?

From what I understand the autopsy report came back inconclusive. If she was raped, wouldn't that show up in the autopsy?

Although much of the press insists the autopsy was "inconclusive", it was not. It is still pending "toxicology and other investigative tests" according the the AG. I think they have already determined the cause and manner of death, and are awaiting a final report, rather than releasing it before they make an arrest.

I believe what she said was, the COD and manner of death were pending.
She may have been raped, but that wouldn't be the COD or manner of death.

MOO in those two pictures....the noses do not even look the same...
In the first pic the nose turns up a bit.

Respectfully snipped from this article (and BBM) - I found this part very interesting:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=14218985

New Hampshire State Police loaded the late-model silver pickup truck onto a flatbed, and gloved crime scene technicians examined its undercarriage before it was hauled away.

Why do you guys think they examined its undercarriage - unless she was run over? That's the only reason I can think of.

What did WN do for work? He was retired right? Well that's a brand new Ford and those do not come cheap.
This truck isn't brand new. Tail lights appear to be from a 2005-2006 model basic supercrew.

Respectfully snipped from this article (and BBM) - I found this part very interesting:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=14218985

Why do you guys think they examined its undercarriage - unless she was run over? That's the only reason I can think of.

I was thinking that the area leading to the river was very tall grass, and weedy - and maybe they were looking for evidence that it was driven there

The underneath of an auto is examined for dirt, plant life, etc. to see if it was in the area of the crime. Well, sometimes anyway. :)

This latest article says that KM has been living with the family for about a year; so he's been living there for as long or longer than Louisa and Wendell have been married. Wonder how KM and Wendell got along? Wonder if Wendell felt it was a challenge or a privilege (or both) essentially taking on some level of responsibility for 3 children/young adults when he committed to Louisa?

I found it odd when Celina's bio-dad (AL - Adam Laro) said he visited the girls a couple of times and Wendell showed him (or had the girls to show him) their report cards. He also referred to Louisa and Wendell as the girls' "mother and father". I don't think AL was very involved in the girls' lives based on that interview he did with Debra Norville, who was filling in for Nancy Grace. It seemed, to me, he had handed off parenting responsibilities to Wendell and he was just occasionally checking in.

I still find it shocking that he had not spoken to his wife or his older daughter at all since Celina went missing. I realize by responses to a previous post of mine that others didn't find it odd because he had been in the hospital when Celina first went missing (and I respect that opinion), but I still find it very odd. Imagine Desiree Young not talking to Kaine Horman or going to the scene when Kyron disappeared. Wouldn't that seem weird? It would to me. AL was released from the hospital just after Celina disappeared, he's done interviews, why no contact with the family members living with Celina? I think any concerned non-custodial parent would want to hear first hand from the older girl that she did not feel in danger and that she was coping with the loss of her little sister. They would want to get details of the day/night my baby girl disappeared directly from the custodial parent's mouth...

I'm wondering if LE has known very early on what likely went down and have asked AL not to contact the family for some strategic reason (looks like his older son is in town, so he might be getting updates from him); perhaps LE assured him that they were carefully surveilling the family. I hope that's the case. If he hasn't been asked to steer clear by LE and he's not contacting his wife or his daughter, I think he knows something was wrong in that house and wants to keep distance from it, or he doesn't want to know anything, or he isn't as concerned as we'd expect.

I'm not accusing AL of any crime or involvement at all, just observing and pondering what I consider unique behaviors as compared to other missing child cases. I think the family dynamics and/or living arrangements may end up being a factor in Celina's demise. ALL JMO, MOO...

Reference: Nancy Grace show of 8/1/11
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/01/ng.01.html

Snipped:
ADAM LARO, FATHER OF CELINA CASS, BODY JUST FOUND IN RIVER: Yes. Thank you.

NORVILLE: What did you know about the medical or mental health history of Celina`s stepdad, Mr. Noyes? Obviously that`s something that`s made a great deal of headlines as people have been looking into the family situation. Were you aware that he`d had a number of troubles of this nature?

LARO: Off and on but I didn`t really pay attention that much because I didn`t think there was any problems because like I said before I would always check with my daughters and ask if there was any problems at home and if there was to have their mother and father give me a call. And if we had to talk or call a family meeting we would.

But you know, when things started unraveling there was more and more news out. (INAUDIBLE) so it got to who do you believe anymore? You know? Who`s speaking the truth? So, you know, as far as being aware of his problem or his past history, I don`t know nothing about it.

NORVILLE: It`s curious. You just referred to him as her mother and father. You don`t refer to yourself as her father?

LARO: Yes, I`m her father. Her stepdad.

NORVILLE: OK.

LARO: Stepdad because she -- their mother did marry the man, you know. And you know, I say I can`t count him out as not being a parent involved.

NORVILLE: Right.

LARO: You know?

Martine%20truck%20being%20towed.jpg

Notice the rope tying down the tarp goes through the rim of the tire...:waitasec:
It would be impossible to drive like that...

The police would tarp it down like that to make sure none of the contents in the truck bed would be lost and fly out.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member