Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, it's not that complicated, really. If there was a limited amount of money to work with, the choice would be either fix up the outside for other people to look at, or fix up the inside where WE live...

The house could be lovely on the inside.
Around here, when the assessor comes around, he doesn't go inside the house - just looks at the exterior.
For that reason, there are a lot of houses that look bad on the outside, but the interior has been all refurbished.

I'm hoping if they use a lab in NH, there would not be a great backlog...or did the samples have to go to the FBI?

And yes, I was referring to the recent acquittal in FLA. re: no charges for improper disposal of a body....not every state has a law on the books that applies.

Kind of reminds me of the Amity house, without the weird windows. Though, I imagine there are many similar houses in the area.

I think it looks like a house under renovations that is being re-painted...didn't somebody say there had been a fire there awhile back...but i suppose knowing that a little girl lived there and she was perhaps murdered, (where we don't know),, but that would make it creepy....

Kevin Mullaney is not simply a friend. He is the mother's son by a former boyfriend.

No, I do not believe so. He is no blood relation. [ unless you have links which say otherwise.]

Everything I have seen says he was in her home as a child when she lived with his father, and so she has always treated him like a son. YET, he is NOT her son. He came to live with her family last year after being released from prison earlier.

Laro said he and Louisa, who never married, have remained amicable; she, for example, brought his daughters to visit him in the hospital when he was in a coma.

Laro recalled his last visit to their home: “We were discussing the girls’ report cards — they had just got them,” he said. “It was Wendell who said to them, ‘Go get your report cards’ to show me. I was proud of them — they both did an excellent job.”

Manchester Union Leader

I always keep in mind that the quotes we see from anyone involved in these cases are just the quotes that the media chooses to present. We don't hear the entire, unedited interviews from which these snippets are chosen for inclusion in a story. We don't know what a person said right before or right after the few words in a quote that make it into a story. So they really don't tell me much.

Generally, I think reporters and editors, etc. really try to put the quotes into context as professionally as they can within the space that is allocated.

They try to be as "objective" as possible.

Did we get a time estimate on the tox reports? Just wondering. Usually take weeks but sometimes they can put a rush on them. TIA!

I don't think we got a time estimate but IIRC, the AG did ask for a rush. But I have no link, sorry.

The house could be lovely on the inside.
Around here, when the assessor comes around, he doesn't go inside the house - just looks at the exterior.
For that reason, there are a lot of houses that look bad on the outside, but the interior has been all refurbished.

Oh, man...I wish the assessors around here did that! We just remodeled (a portion) of our Victorian house and I was shocked to hear the assessor say: Oh, two sinks in the bathroom...that's an additional fixture (meaning, that will cost you!)...

oh my gosh no..i'm so sorry, it was just a general statement not directed at anyone, but just how society tends to view the mentally ill...i honestly haven't noticed any of your posts being judgemental....i shouldn't have posted that,, of course it could be taken the wrong way,, i'm just a very strong advocate of the mentally ill...being that i live with one...and see everyday how unfairly they are treated by some people, and for no other reason besides the fact that they just don't understand it...

i am so very sorry,, please accept my apology....

We are totally okay!! Like I said, I was not getting upset unless called out! Just making sure. :) No apology needed. I really try to make it clear that my speculations are just ideas tossed out there. Sometimes just as devils advocate. Having watched with my own eyes 15 different people walk out of prison after spending sometimes as much as 18 years in for crimes they did not commit, I hold my finger pointing in until I can get all possible fact. I have had some experience with both mental illness and borderline retardation and have seen completely innocence people insist that they committed the crime on the belief that telling investigators what they want to hear will send them home. :( I do not for one second take WNs mental illness into consideration and will not until I have some backed up fact that leads me to do otherwise. I promise! :innocent: But you and I are totally okay as far as I am concerned.

ETA: To go one step further to show that I understand: My father did some things to me that put him on the sec offender registry. Mind you, he never laid a finger on me in an inappropriate way, and in my opinion, as the victim, should never have been charged with anything. These things were VERY out of character from a loving man and started suddenly. I tried to tell EVERYONE that something was VERY wrong and that this was not like him and that they needed to back off from court and start looking at his health. He turned out not to be mentally ill, per se, but after someone finally listened, he was removed from the SO list and forgiven by all when he was diagnosed with brain cancer. He had 9 tumors in his brain and died shortly after. You just never know.

Kevin Mullaney is not simply a friend. He is the mother's son by a former boyfriend.

Bstnh, are you a local, and do you know some of the people involved? If so, and you want to state things that you know to be true, that aren't in the media, you can, but you must get verified as a local first. I'm not really sure what you need to do, but a moderator can help you with that, and we would really enjoy having a local around!

I think it looks like a house under renovations that is being re-painted...didn't somebody say there had been a fire there awhile back...but i suppose knowing that a little girl lived there and she was perhaps murdered, (where we don't know),, but that would make it creepy....

Who is the owner of the building? Does the landlord have a good reputation locally? Sometimes, in my area, a landlord will give you materials if you paint, clean etc. The problem isn't the renters but the owners ... imo

I'm hoping if they use a lab in NH, there would not be a great backlog...or did the samples have to go to the FBI?

And yes, I was referring to the recent acquittal in FLA. re: no charges for improper disposal of a body....not every state has a law on the books that applies.

Hmmm. If the FBI wanted to run its own labs, and they knew that up front, wouldn't the ME provide samples to both the state and FBI at the same time. And does FBI 'rush'? And are both state and federal running this investigation, or has state handed it off to federal? Or is federal just keeping a hand in just in case? (seriously, I'm clueless.)

We are totally okay!! Like I said, I was not getting upset unless called out! Just making sure. :) No apology needed. I really try to make it clear that my speculations are just ideas tossed out there. Sometimes just as devils advocate. Having watched with my own eyes 15 different people walk out of prison after spending sometimes as much as 18 years in for crimes they did not commit, I hold my finger pointing in until I can get all possible fact. I have had some experience with both mental illness and borderline retardation and have seen completely innocence people insist that they committed the crime on the belief that telling investigators what they want to hear will send them home. :( I do not for one second take WNs mental illness into consideration and will not until I have some backed up fact that leads me to do otherwise. I promise! :innocent: But you and I are totally okay as far as I am concerned.

ETA: To go one step further to show that I understand: My father did some things to me that put him on the sec offender registry. Mind you, he never laid a finger on me in an inappropriate way, and in my opinion, as the victim, should never have been charged with anything. These things were VERY out of character from a loving man and started suddenly. I tried to tell EVERYONE that something was VERY wrong and that this was not like him and that they needed to back off from court and start looking at his health. He turned out not to be mentally ill, per se, but after someone finally listened, he was removed from the SO list and forgiven by all when he was diagnosed with brain cancer. He had 9 tumors in his brain and died shortly after. You just never know.

oh my gosh, i'm so sorry about your dad, thats horrible...I have heard that brain tumors can cause things like abnormal behaviour and anger issues...how sad....(hugs)

Oh, it's not that complicated, really. If there was a limited amount of money to work with, the choice would be either fix up the outside for other people to look at, or fix up the inside where WE live...

If they are renting, (which I believe they are) they wouldn't be the ones responsible for the outside.

Who is the owner of the building? Does the landlord have a good reputation locally? Sometimes, in my area, a landlord will give you materials if you paint, clean etc. The problem isn't the renters but the owners ... imo

Everyone connected to the property needs to be investigated in this case. Sometimes landlords/owners/workers, etc. can have problems extending beyond renovation concerns or managing properties.

Hmmm. If the FBI wanted to run its own labs, and they knew that up front, wouldn't the ME provide samples to both the state and FBI at the same time. And does FBI 'rush'? And are both state and federal running this investigation, or has state handed it off to federal? Or is federal just keeping a hand in just in case? (seriously, I'm clueless.)

If it is not a state case I have to question the amount of information we do not know.

Which would take me directly into questioning if this would include child exploitation activities. Do we know the names of any of the Agents working the case?

I wonder what NH's law is regarding disposal of bodies...only asking in case it turns out she died and then was put into the river...not that I believe this happened, but I vaugely recall a case where there were no charges for improper disposal of a body...

Here is a NH case with the charge of abuse of a corpse: http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090515/GJNEWS_01/705159806

"Mendes said physical evidence on scene led police to believe Eaton did not die on the stairwell and are alleging he died in the apartment of his girlfriend, Danielle Reader, who after discovering the body moved it outside her apartment.

"She came home and found him in the bathroom and at that point after some time, proceeded to place him in the stairwell," Mendes said.

Reader, of 24 Batchelder Road, Building 118, Apt. C3, was charged with the misdemeanor of abusing a corpse."

oh my gosh, i'm so sorry about your dad, thats horrible...I have heard that brain tumors can cause things like abnormal behaviour and anger issues...how sad....(hugs)

Thank you! (((hugs))) This was certainly the case with my father. I hate that people jump to conclusions and for myself, I hate even more that people don't listen to others sometimes because they are "just kids." I was 16 and "just a kid, who didn't know what she was talking about. Like I said, he never laid a finger on me. Turns out, I knew more than they thought and it caused him to have a very rough time at the end of his life, piled on top of his health issues. I'm sorry for your situation as well. Its a rough road to be on. When he died, he knew that no matter what others continued to think, despite his being removed from the list, he knew that he and I were okay. I think that was all that mattered in the end.

I've actually been trying to figure out who his mom actually is...do you have a link to where you found that he was LCN's son? I was under the impression that he is the son of her former exboyfriend and not hers. TIA!

I don't remember where I saw that, but it was on more than one site. He definitely is the son of an ex-boyfriend, but I may have remembered wronl about him actually being her son. I'm off to check on that.......

It was already stated (I think in the last presser?, but not sure) that this is strictly a NH case. I'll try to dig up the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214