Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure the 9pm "alive" sighting should be considered reliable.

At this point, there is not too much at all that can be considered reliable... I mean if she took a walk that night, it was a "chilly" summer evening, maybe she wrapped herself in a blanket before venturing out then slipped off the bridge into the water & became wrapped/entangled in the blanket trying to get to the surface??? Of course the cause of death would be drowning...??? Frustrating.

No, I'm unfamiliar with those cases. I've been highly impressed with the various agencies dealing with this case. I was on a mountain day trip with my husband when we popped into a cafe for a sandwich. A TV was on talking about CC being located. I stopped in mid-step because I was stunned at the rapidity with which they found her--like a needle in a haystack. I had thought that most likely, hunters decades from now would stumble on the bones, or that nothing would ever be known, as though she literally disappeared into thin air. I hope that the autopsy yielded a goldmine of information.

I know! It is incredible. I've been thinking about how LE often search waterways right away. So many criminals dump bodies in waterways but very, very often, they are family members or people without a known/suspected history of murder, like opportunists that see the chance to kill a neighbor kid or family friend and take it.

Water seems like one of the worst places to dump a body if a person doesn't want to get caught. They so often surface or are found rather quickly while those dumped in a dense forest in a rural area may take much longer to find, if ever. Yes, there are practiced killers who dump bodies in waterways, but I find that such killers are more likely to leave the body where they killed the person, dump it in a forest, or bury it in cement, their foundation, etc.

In other words, I'm kind of tending to think that bodies found in water are more often of people killed by someone they knew or were acquainted with.

Oh geez!!! Who knows anything at this point?!?!?!

The Baily Funeral Home announcement says: (SBM, BBM)

".... Family members include her mother of West Stewartstown and
her father of Columbia, her step-father Wendell Noyes of West Stewartstown;
a sister Kayla Laro of W. Stewartstown, her brother Adam Laro of Canaan, VT....."

So... to me, from photos & comments, it looks like he is Louisa's son, too.
But the wording of AL's comment seems as though he just had the girls with Louisa.

OH Dear...:banghead:

From the link above: "Laro grew up in Nashua and moved north to Columbia with his parents when he was 14. He returned south and worked construction in Massachusetts, then came north,

where he met Louisa and had two daughters.

He moved south about 10 years ago, returning often to visit them."

So who is ALjr's mother & why is he in photos with Louisa & Wendell...
and other photos with Adam Laro S
r?

From what I have gleaned so far, Al Jr. lived with Louisa and Al Laro while they were all together as a family. When Al Laro moved away, 1o yrs later, he probably decided his young son should stay with the little sisters and stepmother instead of going off with him. It sounds like the bio-mom was not in the picture much.

WN didn't retire for the military, he was discharged due to his mental illness. What kind of benefits he would receive as far as income from a medical discharge I would imagine would be minimal other than VA benefits for his medical condition. Without knowing the conditions of his discharge and his rank at the time of discharge it is hard to determine exactly what benefits he would be receiving now as far as a monthly paycheck. I don't think he had 20 years of active service before his discharge so he would not be eligible for a permanent disability retirement unless he met the other conditions required for a permanent disability retirement explained below.

You can read more about medical discharges here: http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theorderlyroom/a/medseparation.htm

I'm pretty sure that schizophrenia would qualify as a permanent disability. My sister suffers from the illness and cannot hold down a full-time job, even when being totally compliant with her medication. It's just too stressful and after a little while the stress causes her symptoms to flare up too much and she ends up quitting. She's on disability now and likely always will be. In times when her illness is flaring up, a recurring theme for my sister is thinking that a government agency has implanted her with some kind of tracking or monitoring device and that the voices she hears come from that device. Also, hearing a helicopter overhead makes her think that the cops are after her (and this is a girl that has never, ever done anything illegal in her life -- she's truly an angel). Thankfully, she's been doing really well for the past several years; she hasn't had an episode like that in ages, but I can't even imagine how she'd hold up under the scrutiny WN is under now, it would be torturous for her.

Generally, I think reporters and editors, etc. really try to put the quotes into context as professionally as they can within the space that is allocated.

They try to be as "objective" as possible.

Being a newspaper reporter I disagree. That is how reporters should be, but Newspapers like to have sensational headlines. The publication I work for is a weekly and my editor is strict about what wordage is used etc.

For example lets take the sentence.

Her mother sent her to the store. Very simple. However a head line may read..

Mother alleges she sent daughter to store!

Girl claims her mother made her go to the store..

The same thing with quotes.. I attend a lot of boring school board meetings, select board meetings, etc.. and hear complaints from the officials about being misquoted by one particular newspaper (it's not mine). They have asked for retractions and they don't happen and they should because they were truly misquoted, I know because I attended the same meeting and it was not what was said.

That is why it is good to read a variety of sources and then see if they agree. I am not saying all newspapers do this, but it happens.

A newspaper, TV news, all want to be first with the story, or exclusive. Newspaper reporters often are on a very limited time schedule. For example they attend a press conference at 7 p.m. they take note (or use a recorder) The presser ends at 8 they have to get the story in by 10.. and they may omit something that explains something better, or perhaps they couldn't find a place to put it so the story flows and it does not get in..

So sometimes its a time/space thing and other times it is on purpose. If the same news outlets does the samething over and over again.. it's probably on purpose..

The Baily Funeral Home announcement says: (SBM, BBM)

".... Family members include her mother of West Stewartstown and
her father of Columbia, her step-father Wendell Noyes of West Stewartstown;
a sister Kayla Laro of W. Stewartstown, her brother Adam Laro of Canaan, VT....."

So... to me, from photos & comments, it looks like he is Louisa's son, too.
But the wording of AL's comment seems as though he just had the girls with Louisa.

Could just be that they are saying that because he is a half brother??? I don't know, but I gotta go get the kiddos from grandmas! See you guys in a bit!

Just MO, but LE is probably closing the command post to return the building to the school, as school is probably starting soon, and with the festival, dedicated to CC, this weekend, I imagine the not having a high presence of LE so visible will help the event be a little less sad or stressful for some, that it may be.
I venture to guess most of the work of the continuing investigation doesn't have to be right there any more...them pulling out doesn't mean they are completely done.

At this point, there is not too much at all that can be considered reliable... I mean if she took a walk that night, it was a "chilly" summer evening, maybe she wrapped herself in a blanket before venturing out then slipped off the bridge into the water & became wrapped/entangled in the blanket trying to get to the surface??? Of course the cause of death would be drowning...??? Frustrating.

I think Baez is going to take this case---and your post sounds just like his future defense theory.

Kevin Mullaney is not simply a friend. He is the mother's son by a former boyfriend.

I had not heard this before, bstnh1. Are you a local? Or did you read this somewhere? Thanks in advance!

I think Baez is going to take this case---and your post sounds just like his future defense theory.

Follow the evidence... the evidence is out there, we just haven't been allowed to hear the truth yet...
Baez wouldn't get enough compensation to take this case.

Has anyone heard if any neighbors remember hearing or seeing any vehicles leaving the house during the evening or morning she disappeared? I'm surprised with all the news crews that have been on the scene up there that more neighbors aren't providing info.

I had not heard this before, bstnh1. Are you a local? Or did you read this somewhere? Thanks in advance!

I think you missed my followup. He is the son of an ex-boyfriend, but I could not find any reference to him being her son. The obituary for Celina from the local funeral home does not mention him.

When I was about 12 I begged my parents to let me have my own room in the basement of our older house, as I shared a BR with my sister at the time. We had a good-sized basement and only the front part of it was semi-finished, with built-in bookcases and everything. Instead they wanted it as a sort of rec room, but I really would have loved to have it for my own and I don't remember any objections that it wasn't appropriate for a kid--just that they wanted the pool table and other things down there instead. I still spent a lot of time down there. And it was so nice and cool in the summer.

And several other people in our neighborhood had bedrooms in their finished or semi-finished basements back then. Sometimes they were the kids' rooms, sometimes it was a 'summer' bedroom where the adults would sleep when it was too hot upstairs. Most of the homes in our older neighborhood didn't have a/c then.

So no, I can't make any judgments about the girls sleeping in the basement.

Lots of kids would love a basement room, especially in their teens or adolescence. I would not like it for my kids. I'd want them closer, and not make it so easy for them or others to come in and out without me hearing.

But to me, the real issue is having two, young daughters two floors below, sandwiched by a SF with a criminal history and mental illness and a young boarder (no matter how well known) who was released from prison right before moving in. It just seems like a recipe for disaster. But then, I'm the cautious type.

I'm not sure Dad knows where dad is. He seems to be all over the place, is making an awful lot of statements to news reporters. He needs to pick a story and stick with it. Says Mom was a wonderful mother, kids always said everything was fine at home, step dad always treated him with respect.
I highly doubt that when he went there they sat down and had tea and crumpets together.
When we saw WN through the window, at the house in VT where he was staying, the reporter said he was seen through the window eating a sandwich and waved to us. Probably not a cell phone or cordless phone, just a sandwich.

The biological father was not kept from seeing the kids. I saw an interview with him and he said he has recently been there talking with the kids about their report cards, etc. He said he was always treated respectfully by the stepdad and mother. Mother took the kids to see him when he was in the hospital. The reports that she kept him from seeing the kids appear to be false.

Not for nothing, but weren't Lacey Peterson's parents supportive of Scott as a wonderful husband in the early days?

I think that when first faced with the fact of a disappearance or other tragic event, people's minds go one way, usually trying to think the best, trying to hope all is okay.

I have no problem with the differences in the father's statements. When he first heard about this, he likely thought, "Well, mom's been a good mother. The few times I've seen the girls, they seemed okay, reported all was well. SF seemed okay, was respectful towards me."

Then, time goes by and the child turns up dead. Now, as is the case with most people, he starts to think back, look for signs he might have missed. Things he either didn't know about make everything take on a different feel. Things he did know about that may have not seemed so bad in the context of the time, now take on a sinister light. That makes perfect sense to me.

I think the dad may be a lot like millions of dads in a divorce situation who relinquish heavy involvement, thinking things are okay, thinking girls need their moms more than their dads, etc. And if a new SF was in the picture, some men, not that educated about certain dangers or with a more traditional, almost 50's mindset might think the kids are better off with an intact, nuclear family and the he should not and doesn't need to interfere so much, as long as the guy seems "okay". It happens all the time. More often in the past, but even today, it happens a lot.

But now that he has had a few days to digest, he's starting to think. Why were the girls sleeping in the basement while the convict, ex-stepson gets their room? Why were the girls usually "busy" or not there when he wanted contact? Sure, he saw them a couple of times when he physically went over there and the SF seemed involved, asked them to show off their report cards etc., but still, mom usually had an excuse when he wanted to spend more significant amounts of time with them, like away from their house [I'm giving a "for instance" here - no facts to back this speculation up, just painting a picture based on dad's comments].

And yeah, what he first thought of as a nice gesture, mom bringing the girls to his hospital bed to visit, well, he wasn't conscious then and the only other time he has seen them recently, was in their home, in the presence of mom and step-dad. [Again, speculation based on what I have read].

Considering the circumstances, a missing little girl found dead in the river, mom never speaking out to beg for her baby back, SF reported to not be totally cooperating and initial shock giving way to unimaginable grief and anger, the contradictions in the father's comments do not seem problematic to me at all. Not one bit. It's all contextual.

Like I said, I have no problem with people who spend all day on facebook. I am speculating that he spends a lot of time on there, since he couldn't tear himself away, at 9:11 am on the day he claims that he found her missing a full 41 minutes after the latest time of his discovery, when he was posting to girls that he lived in VT, while his wife was supposedly too distraught to call 911 and he wasn't doing it either. Jsut sayin'

Wow. I was not aware of this. So, you're saying that the SF was on FB posting to random chicas after he went to awaken Celina and found she was not there? That is very bizarre.

Being a newspaper reporter I disagree. That is how reporters should be, but Newspapers like to have sensational headlines. The publication I work for is a weekly and my editor is strict about what wordage is used etc.

For example lets take the sentence.

Her mother sent her to the store. Very simple. However a head line may read..

Mother alleges she sent daughter to store!

Girl claims her mother made her go to the store..

The same thing with quotes.. I attend a lot of boring school board meetings, select board meetings, etc.. and hear complaints from the officials about being misquoted by one particular newspaper (it's not mine). They have asked for retractions and they don't happen and they should because they were truly misquoted, I know because I attended the same meeting and it was not what was said.

That is why it is good to read a variety of sources and then see if they agree. I am not saying all newspapers do this, but it happens.

A newspaper, TV news, all want to be first with the story, or exclusive. Newspaper reporters often are on a very limited time schedule. For example they attend a press conference at 7 p.m. they take note (or use a recorder) The presser ends at 8 they have to get the story in by 10.. and they may omit something that explains something better, or perhaps they couldn't find a place to put it so the story flows and it does not get in..

So sometimes its a time/space thing and other times it is on purpose. If the same news outlets does the samething over and over again.. it's probably on purpose..

I appreciate your perspective on this. We've seen in this case how misleading the headlines can be re the autopsy. Lots of times the sensational headline has had little to do with the content of the article, or even contradicts it.

I think you missed my followup. He is the son of an ex-boyfriend, but I could not find any reference to him being her son. The obituary for Celina from the local funeral home does not mention him.

Yes he is the son of one of the mothers ex-boyfriend but she is not the mother correct?

Perhaps we will have an arrest soon?

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ne..._cops_leave_school_where_girl_search_was_run/

Authorities were shutting down the elementary school command station that was once teeming with investigators searching for a missing 11-year-old girl.

The investigation into Celina's death is "ongoing and active," Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young said Thursday.

Could the command center be shutting down because school is getting ready to start and teachers need access to the building? Is the cc moving elsewhere?

Thanks, bstnh1, I was interrupted when I was posting. After I finished and went back to pick up where I left off, I saw your post.

BTW, KM is from southern NH, but not my neck of the woods. He grew up in Northwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties