Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do recall seeing in videos and pictures that it was raining early on. I saw cars with their wipers on and some people with umbrellas and rain parkas.

One of the news reports/videos was being filmed the morning after it had rained.
The town had held a vigil the evening before & it showed where some of the candles
had been put out by the rain & cards/small posters & stuffed animals were soaked.
I can't recall what day that was, but it was before CC's body was found.

I do recall seeing in videos and pictures that it was raining early on. I saw cars with their wipers on and some people with umbrellas and rain parkas.

I can't find any, I do remember one video where it was raining on the little memorial with the stuffed animals, but I am pretty sure that was much later on.
I'll keep looking though, because I think you are right.

Way back in the beginning of the search for Celina, someone mentioned something about some clothes being found by searchers, I believe on the ground near the dam. I don't remember any link to a news article about this. Was this just a rumor or did searchers really find some clothes near where Celina was eventually found. I hadn't heard anymore about it recently so I thought maybe it was just an old rumor. Does anyone know?

One of the news reports/videos was being filmed the morning after it had rained.
The town had held a vigil the evening before & it showed where some of the candles
had been put out by the rain & cards/small posters & stuffed animals were soaked.
I can't recall what day that was, but it was before CC's body was found.

Thank you so much, mck16! And thank you to elmomom for the two pics to compare the shirts and everyone else who helped with that!

According to Weather Underground, Colebrook got rain, starting with the 25th

Precipitation on the 25th was 0.03 in, High 75, Low 46
The 26th, the day she was reported missing was 0.20 in, High 75, Low 53
And the 27th, the day that they found the clothes, Precipitation 0.00 in, High 71, Low 51.

Looks kinda drippy to me, but his truck bed could hold water. Who knows. Anyone could have thrown it in there also. Now I am going to sit here and try to speculate and drive myself crazy on how drippy it should be and if the shirt was pulled out of one of those garbage bags....
http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KBML/2011/7/6/MonthlyHistory.html#calendar

I wonder when somebody is finally going to get arrested. Could she have been raped recently (and possibly even pregnant?) Maybe somebody didn't want this secret out. Or maybe she told her assailant she would be going to an adult (regarding theortetical' encounter)
It just dosn't seem like wrapping somebody in a blanket is something somebody spontaneously does. If the rumors are true (that the body was weighted down somehow) Then I'm guessing there was premeditation, and if there was... why? What other reason would somebody have to premeditate a murder of a young girl.
I really don't like that there was somebody living in the house that wasn't a family member, who had a police record, and that the record is regarding things of an impulsive nature to some degree. i.e. stealing cars. Somebody that has already demonstrated they are impulsive like that IMO would be impulsive in other aspects of their lives/relationships etc.

Interesting point! I thought eleven was too young to conceive although I know girls are reaching maturity earlier these days. If your analysis is correct perhaps, also she wanted no part of what was being pushed on her, fought back and was killed. How could that happen and nobody heard her cries for help. I seriously doubt she went quietly unless drugged. Keep digging sleuths! skier

Sure would be nice if we could have one place for all photos and other media in this case.....I am looking for a picture of WN when he was walking with the reporter after being released from hospital.....

The picture of the man assisting LN, when compared to WN FB photo, seems to indicate that the man has lost considerable weight. I thought that when I saw WN walking with reporter that he was rounder than the man in the photo?

Maybe I am in need of new glasses, LOL

Way back in the beginning of the search for Celina, someone mentioned something about some clothes being found by searchers, I believe on the ground near the dam. I don't remember any link to a news article about this. Was this just a rumor or did searchers really find some clothes near where Celina was eventually found. I hadn't heard anymore about it recently so I thought maybe it was just an old rumor. Does anyone know?

The only clothes that I have heard about or seen in MSM were the ones in the back of the red truck.

do we have any verified locals?
do we have link to local news?
do we have a police scanner link?

Member for quite sometime. I have not made any comments lately. I love WS for all it stands for but to keep up with every missing person would definitely put me in a special place.

I found an interesting article through the internet and it deals with the subject of dead bodies in and around water. I know their has been some discussion about CC body being weighted down by an object in the water. The article points out among other things that if the (corpse) is deep enough and the water stays under 45% F the db may never surface. As much as abhor the fact that CC's young life was taken away I think
that matter of the Fish and Game Divers finding the body will help all her love ones find
some degree of closure.
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/forensicmedicine/notes/water.pdf
I can not get the link to show up highlighted so maybe someone can help me out

The link is fine.
Here is the pertinent section: (bbm)
A body in water will usually sink but because the specific gravity of a body is very close to that of water then small variations e.g. air trapped in clothing have a considerable effect on buoyancy. Having sunk to the bottom the body will remain there until putrefactive gas formation decreases the specific gravity of the body and creates sufficient buoyancy to allow it to rise to the surface and float. Heavy clothing and weights attached to the body may delay but will not usually prevent the body rising. Putrefaction proceeds at a slower rate in water than in air, in sea water than in fresh water and in running water than in stagnant water. The principal determinant is the temperature of the water so that in deep very cold water e.g. the North American Great Lakes or the ocean the body may never resurface.
For the Thames, Simpson offers the following guidelines for resurfacing times: June to August: 2 days; April, May, September and October: 3-5 days; November, December: 10-14 days; January, February; possibly no resurfacing.

So, I am fairly convinced that the body was weighted, if the Connecticut river in NH resembles the Thames (in England). The climate should be about the same I would think, as I know it's cooler in both places that it is here, but not as cool as say the coast line of Maine.
So I think even though the body was in running water, still, at summertime temps it should have surfaced in less than 7 days.

I had only watched the first three videos when I posted the chronicals link. I hadn't seen this video. Gah! I got choked up in a couple of places, but that marching band going 'silent' except for the clicking of the drums in front of her house was ... jeez. So moving.

I believe that the clothes part was a rumor. What I did run across while searching for something else was the report that searchers were seen coming back with bags and boxes, but the reporters said they didn't know if they had collected any evidence. I took it to mean that the bags and boxes were meant to collect evidence into. If I run across it again I'll post it.

Judge Jeanine on FOX: doing 2 segments on Celina tonight

She had the editor of the Colebrook Chronicles on. Also Dr Baden and Mark Fuhrman.

They did not have anything new but at least they had accurate information. They came to the same conclusion many of us have. It seems to be a toss up between a couple of people in the house, too soon to tell.

eta: the Colebrook editor said that Celina's family decorated a float for the festival. I wish he had said which members were missing, if any. I want to know if KM and NN were there too.

Sure would be nice if we could have one place for all photos and other media in this case.....I am looking for a picture of WN when he was walking with the reporter after being released from hospital.....

The picture of the man assisting LN, when compared to WN FB photo, seems to indicate that the man has lost considerable weight. I thought that when I saw WN walking with reporter that he was rounder than the man in the photo?

Looking at the pic of the man assisting her (with the blanket) and the other pics of WN (walking with media, through the window, etc) it doesn't look like the same person to me. Maybe I need new glasses too, lol.

The link is fine.
Here is the pertinent section: (bbm)

So, I am fairly convinced that the body was weighted, if the Connecticut river in NH resembles the Thames (in England). The climate should be about the same I would think, as I know it's cooler in both places that it is here, but not as cool as say the coast line of Maine.
So I think even though the body was in running water, still, at summertime temps it should have surfaced in less than 7 days.

That, of course, assumes the body was in the water for 7 days. But we don't know that.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-08-06 at 9.37.25 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-08-06 at 9.37.25 PM.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 31

Ask and you shall receive :) Please post all news links, timelines, photos, court actions here: NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

This is a No Discussion thread - links only.

Thanks so much,

Salem

Probably not likely, but there is always the possibility that Celina's death was not murder, but something accidental and the reaction was to panic and put her body into the river. I wouldn't normally consider that, but with the case of characters living in the home, it is possible. Toxicology would be important if there were no obvious signs of stabbing, shooting, strangling, etc...as we have talked about in so many other cases, i.e. Haleigh Cummings, it is possible she had taken something by accident and died, or that someone gave her something, with the same effect.

Judge Jeanine on FOX: doing 2 segments on Celina tonight

She had the editor of the Colebrook Chronicles on. Also Dr Baden and Mark Fuhrman.

They did not have anything new but at least they had accurate information. They came to the same conclusion many of us have. It seems to be a toss up between a couple of people in the house, too soon to tell.

eta: the Colebrook editor said that Celina's family decorated a float for the festival. I wish he had said which members were missing, if any. I want to know if KM and NN were there too.

He did mention one piece of information that I had not heard or seen before. He said the last person to see Celina Monday night was her mother who saw her "about 9:30". Previously I had heard that WN was the last to see her at 9:00.

yeah, I don't think it is but not sure. I always assumed it was. Here is a link to the video interview (about halfway)
‪Stepfather Discusses Search For Missing Girl‬‏ - YouTube
and here is a still shot of him on a porch

To me, I think that he looks like the same person in the pics/video of him walking with the reporter and on the porch. Also looks like the same person holding the back on the wheelchair at the vigil, in that one he looks right at the camera at one point. But in the one of her being brought out of the house, I think looks different. And that man looks thinner to me.....wonder what size shirt he wears...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway