Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this post to be remarkably unkind, and harsh, as well. Considering that
Mr. Laro is seemingly at death's door due to his heart condition, and that he has just lost his little daughter to a horrible crime, I personally am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. When reporters contact him, he answers their questions. An agenda? I imagine his agenda is to stay alive long enough to see his daughter's killer(s) brought to justice.

I respect your opinion, but I have a different one at this point. I hope it changes. As I said, he does have my sympathy for the loss of his daughter, but I have some concerns about his conflicting statements and possible reasons for some of them. Apologies if you found my post unkind and harsh; it was just my opinion and subject to change. If Mr. Laro is truthful with LE about what he does and doesn't know about Celina's life and honest about his relationships as they pertain to the investigation, that's what's most important. If he does right by Celina and focuses on seeking justice for her, he has my support.

I find it sad that there are still areas that cannot have cell phone coverage. Maybe they can leave the temporary tower up until someone can put up a permanent one. People may feel the need to keep in better contact with their kids and other family members after what happened to Celina. I think it is ok not to have cell phones, but people should have that option. It certainly helps in case of a crime, to be able to track the cell phone pings and text messages.

And a very good way to have your kids check in with you &/or you call them to see where they are.

Cell phones weren't around when my 3 sons were teenagers, but the youngest had a beeper when he was in Hi-school.

I felt like that was the best thing ever invented!!!

In this photo of Celina, she is wearing a "peace sign' pendant.

Back in the day, "peace sign" pendants and such were popular with the 5-leaf plant smoker hippie-types.

I'm NOT explicitly implying Celina was a toker or that she was interested in or involved in drugs .. I'm just wondering if someone gifted to her that pendant, and if *that* person was?

Again, I'm looking for clues that might suggest a drug environment .. and curious or accidental ingestion of such.

uh oh, lol i buy peace sign clothes and jewelry for everybody i know,, i love it...not a toker, never have been,,, it's everywhere you go now...i even have a sticker on my car, buy earrings for the little 5 year old next door, bracelets, necklaces i have a few t-shirts,, my favorite t-shirt says Peace, back by popular demand...

I wouldn't read anything into that at all...it's very popular

I think this was already posted but the tape is down at Celina's house:
For the first time since Celina was reported missing, there was no sign of any investigators in the small town Friday. Yellow crime tape was taken down from around the home where Celina lived, but there was no sign of any of her friends or relatives.

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/28777625/detail.html#ixzz1UBBJGQQq

OK, personally he is frustrating me. The time to speak out I believe is over. It sounds like he is trying to get attention, and that he is bad mouthing his treatment by CC's Mom. I think AL needs to just do what he needs to do and stop expecting CC's Mom to reach out to him. And I wish he would stop speaking out about how bad he has it, the girl has been killed, and I think the focus should be on her, and not on him.

I wish Mr. Laro would put on his best clothes, reflect upon the sweetness of his murdered daughter, and go to the funeral to respect and mourn the loss of Celina. If he is physically unable, he can respect and mourn her in his own way from home or the hospital. But, please, stop taking focus away from Celina's funeral by continually complaining about how he is being wronged... It's selfish, irritating and disrespectful, imo..

Mr. Laro doesn't need an invitation, he cannot legally be banned from his daughter's funderal AFAIK. More likely, he is again waiting for other family members to contact him rather than proactively getting involved (like one would expect from any normal father of a murdered child). He has my sympathy for his loss, but not my trust in his motives at this point. He is acting like someone with an agenda for himself; an agenda outside of simply seeking/stating the truth and finding justice for Celina, imo... I hope his next public statements will focus more about the injustices put upon his daughter, and not petty (perceived?) slights against himself...

Really, guys? We haven't heard word one from anyone else in that family about Celina, the type of gal she was, what was going on in the house, or any pleas for her to come home safely. Dad and grandpa are the only ones who deigned to let the world know what a sweetheart she is and how much they miss her and beg for her return. I appreciate that even if it is not my business and/or irrelevant to her death.

Also, since he is the only parent really talking, reporters seek him out. I have not seen him running all over town, wringing his hands and complaining, or going on radio shows and jawing, or calling news conferences. He was asked questions in the beginning of all of this, by reporters who sought him out. He answered them. After having a few days to digest the tragedy of his missing daughter's remains being found in a river, his perception about what was happening in her life has understandably changed. So, when reporters again seek him out and ask him specific questions, he has specific answers.

Come on. His baby died. No matter how involved he was, that is gut-wrenching, heart breaking, maybe literally in his case. Especially if he wasn't so involved. He may now really regret that. But, the fact remains that his little girl turned up dead in a river! He has plenty to be upset about and "complain" about given that her death occurred in mom and step-dad's custody, where he thought she was safe.

And I haven't heard but three, separate statements from him, only two of which were somewhat negative. I suppose some could feel frustrated or tired hearing his "whining". I bet he feels very tired and frustrated not having answers as his child's body sits in the morgue. :twocents:

in our ever changing fad fashion world, what is old is new again. The hippie style, the peace sign, the smiley face etc are all back in use... I go into the kid's stores and I feel like I am looking in my closet when I was young... makes me feel very old!

hi, elmomom...

Yep .. I'm aware of retro-fashion these days .. but still, the questions I posted still are relevant to the 'investigation'. ;-)

He was also in a coma when all of this happened and probably wishes now that he could have been there to have prevented it from happening at all. JMO

Really, guys? We haven't heard word one from anyone else in that family about Celina, the type of gal she was, what was going on in the house, or any pleas for her to come home safely. Dad and grandpa are the only ones who deigned to let the world know what a sweetheart she is and how much they miss her and beg for her return. I appreciate that even if it is not my business and/or irrelevant to her death.

Also, since he is the only parent really talking, reporters seek him out. I have not seen him running all over town, wringing his hands and complaining, or going on radio shows and jawing, or calling news conferences. He was asked questions in the beginning of all of this, by reporters who sought him out. He answered them. After having a few days to digest the tragedy of his missing daughter's remains being found in a river, his perception about what was happening in her life has understandably changed. So, when reporters again seek him out and ask him specific questions, he has specific answers.

Come on. His baby died. No matter how involved he was, that is gut-wrenching, heart breaking, maybe literally in his case. Especially if he wasn't so involved. He may now really regret that. But, the fact remains that his little girl turned up dead in a river! He has plenty to be upset about and "complain" about given that her death occurred in mom and step-dad's custody, where he thought she was safe.

And I haven't heard but three, separate statements from him, only two of which were somewhat negative. I suppose some could feel frustrated or tired hearing his "whining". I bet he feels very tired and frustrated not having answers as his child's body sits in the morgue. :twocents:

sorry that we disagree is all I can say!

With the bar being so close by, i wonder if people often went to this house to continue the fun when the bar closed, giving it the rep as a party stable. Personally, using the word 'stable' makes me think of animals.

Maybe a stable for "party animals":great:

In the last thread #6 sreshowtime wanted this photo snagged of Celina. I sent it in a message as well:

photoc.jpg

unlimitless thank yous DeeMarie- THAT is the image out of all so far that I'd like to remember this little gal....appearing happy & fresh faced and a big grin, brimming with possibilities..........so sadly not to be....

thank you again
hugs

PS the pic of Celina as a princess was wonderful TOO!! Typical little 4th grader....ahh me:(

I think that's a HUGE stretch. Do you have a elementary aged girl?

The peace sign is so popular with young girls right now. my daughter has a ton of items with peace on them... it has nothing to do with any drug use with anyone she's associated with!!! My daughter has that sign on her two swim suits a pair of jeans, and several shirts. it's very very trendy.

Absolutely! "Justice" is my granddaughter's favorite store/web site for clothes and the peace sign is on almost everything. Very trendy and adorable, IMO.

Registered just to ask this question (I've been following this thread since day 1).

How many apartments are in this building? I keep seeing how many people live in the "home" but it doesn't indicate if all actually live in the specific apartment. My thought is LN's sister and Aunt may also rent an apartment in the building and not live in WN & LN's unit.

I live in southern NH, and there are many old Victorians like this that are divided into many units. Therefore, lots of people coming and going, which does not conclude them to be a party "stable". Only if there are numerous people at various times in the specific unit, then I would call it a party house.

Asking again.

They need something to transport the body to the church for a funeral in.

ETA: They will also have a visitation for Celina, although it will likely be a closed casket visitation where the family can come pay their last respects and say there goodbye to Celina and what ever else people do when they go to a visitation and kneel down in front of the casket. Her body would be placed in a casket for this purpose as well. It would seem a little strange if she was just lying on a stretcher, bench or similar object with a sheet draped over her for her visitation and funeral instead of being placed inside a casket. Don't you think?

:silenced: :innocent:

And a very good way to have your kids check in with you &/or you call them to see where they are.

Cell phones weren't around when my 3 sons were teenagers, but the youngest had a beeper when he was in Hi-school.

I felt like that was the best thing ever invented!!!

We didn't have anything (not even a landline) when I was a kid, but things have changed since then. My kids didn't either, but not sure what I would do without the dang things now. So much has changed, it is a shame that kids can't just be kids. I am probably too overprotective with the grandkids, but they are safe on my watch, lol.

wow .. sigh.

So, because your young daughter has a "peace symbol" swimsuit we shouldn't ask the question if there was possible drug use by person or persons living in the Celina Cass case apartment building?

I think the drug issue of someone near her is a valid question. I don't think anyone said it wasn't. What we seem to be saying is that using a peace sign as an indication of drug use around her is not valid... jmho...

Back in the day, "peace sign" pendants and such were popular with the 5-leaf plant smoker hippie-types.

I'm NOT explicitly implying Celina was a toker or that she was interested in or involved in drugs .. I'm just wondering if someone gifted to her that pendant, and if *that* person was?

Again, I'm looking for clues that might suggest a drug environment .. and curious or accidental ingestion of such.

This has been a universal symbol of peace, anti-war and nuclear disarmament for quite some time. Not associated with smoking weed, IMO. Very common for females Celina's age and in middle school to love "peace sign" jewelry and other objects with this symbol on it.

In the last thread #6 sreshowtime wanted this photo snagged of Celina. I sent it in a message as well:

photoc.jpg

That was very sweet of you. I tried to figure out how to do a screen shot on a couple of occasions to help the gal' out but I couldn't!

Registered just to ask this question (I've been following this thread since day 1).

How many apartments are in this building? I keep seeing how many people live in the "home" but it doesn't indicate if all actually live in the specific apartment. My thought is LN's sister and Aunt may also rent an apartment in the building and not live in WN & LN's unit.

I live in southern NH, and there are many old Victorians like this that are divided into many units. Therefore, lots of people coming and going, which does not conclude them to be a party "stable". Only if there are numerous people at various times in the specific unit, then I would call it a party house.

WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fireworks:

I think CC should be the focus, not AL, and it disturbs me that he is airing dirty laundry in the press and I find it disrepectful to CC's memory.

The media do not report everything that comes out of a person's mouth. For all you know, AL could be talking for an hour about his wonderful daughter and when asked one question by a sensationalistic media, that he answers, that could be the only thing quoted.

I see not one thing he has done that is anywhere close to disrespectful to his little girls' memory either. If it wasn't for him, I would not know much about Celina at all.

I think this was already posted but the tape is down at Celina's house:

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/28777625/detail.html#ixzz1UBBJGQQq

Thank you!! I knew that they had taken the tape down, but I was really wondering if the family had gone back to the house. If they haven't, I find that suspicious. The only reason that I would not want to go back to my home as soon as possible is if I was told something that led me to believe that my child had died there.

I could not agree more! Al and his father are also the only ones we have seen asking for justice. I attribute anything that is conflicting with him being possibly drugged, or told by LE not to speak on things. He didn't start saying things that might be considered negative until we started hearing other details, such as "wrapped in a blanket" as well. Knowing how JY works, I wonder if he was just then told to start really speaking on things. And in all honesty, if it were my child, I can say with just about 100% certainty that I would be probably acting like Cindy A to some extent. That is part of the reason I am thinking he is drugged. I would be out of my mind with anger. And when I say drugged, I mean sedated, legally prescribed by a doctor and nothing nefarious.

I'm late 30s, sing in a band.... saw $3 peace silver earrings like Celina's necklace at Target and bought them to wear on stage. Never smoked pot in my life! I think as another poster mentioned, things come back in style and have different meanings now than what they did years ago. I saw neon, 80s types of shirts in a store at the mall yesterday. I was rather excited. Hope parachute pants come back, too! :)
Just my :twocents:, but I don't think there's a relation to drugs with the necklace.

Absolutely! "Justice" is my granddaughter's favorite store/web site for clothes and the peace sign is on almost everything. Very trendy and adorable, IMO.

I lived in San Francisco when the hippies came to town.
I immediately considered myself a "flower child", had long hair,
as did my BF, wore flowing dresses, sandals and sometimes went braless!!

I gave the peace sign & wore the symbol!
I even had an outdoor wedding & we all wore flowers in our hair.

None of us were pot smokers, dropped acid, or were promiscuous.
(Well, maybe a few experimented with pot, but nothing heavy, if so....
in my group of friends)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member