Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5
Thread #6

We still do not have a POI or suspect so the following warning still stands:

THIS IS THE LAST WARNING!!!!!

LAY OFF THIS FAMILY!
Mental illness does NOT automatically translate into violence. The mom has made no public appearances so speculating about her intelligence, mental capacity, etc. is totally off the wall. You cannot speculate about their involvement outside of the facts given.

WS VICTIM FRIENDLY POLICY - Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior,good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally,sleuthing family members that are not suspected of being involved in the crime or disappearance is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.
Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Give it a rest until LE gives us something.

Also, please stop bickering over the teeth issue.

Any more violations and TO's will be recommended.

Let's stick to the facts that we know and develop our theories around those. We should be getting more information soon.

Please do NOT post rumors from Facebook or anywhere else.

:bump:

respectfully snipped
The media do not report everything that comes out of a person's mouth. For all you know, AL could be talking for an hour about his wonderful daughter and when asked one question by a sensationalistic media, that he answers, that could be the only thing quoted.

I see not one thing he has done that is anywhere close to disrespectful to his little girls' memory either. If it wasn't for him, I would not know much about Celina at all.

Again, as I said in my previous post to you, I am sorry that we disagree. I see no benefit to try and argue about it, you have made your opinion perfectly clear.

I find it sad that there are still areas that cannot have cell phone coverage. Maybe they can leave the temporary tower up until someone can put up a permanent one. People may feel the need to keep in better contact with their kids and other family members after what happened to Celina. I think it is ok not to have cell phones, but people should have that option. It certainly helps in case of a crime, to be able to track the cell phone pings and text messages.

Hubby works for Verizon so kinda/sorta an expert (cough cough!) Mr. Man says unfortunately, it's purely a business decision. It costs upward of a million dollars to build a tower. When you have a rural area like that with maybe only 800 potential customers, if that (little kids and the elderly may not become customers) .... Makes more sense to put your million dollar tower where you have 10,000 customers. Kinda the same thinking of where someone's gonna build a mall or a walmart.

Kinda sucks though.

Do we know that the tower they put up is only a temporary one?

uh oh, lol i buy peace sign clothes and jewelry for everybody i know,, i love it...not a toker, never have been,,, it's everywhere you go now...i even have a sticker on my car, buy earrings for the little 5 year old next door, bracelets, necklaces i have a few t-shirts,, my favorite t-shirt says Peace, back by popular demand...

I wouldn't read anything into that at all...it's very popular

I must comment:

a complete investigation includes for following up on the most probable, and in many cases, also the least likely.

I wouldn't read anything into that at all...it's very popular

People: please remember, when investigating for clues and making suggestions, most of us are not attacking the integrity of victims. We're keying in on potential clues and trying to solve to the truth.

One person (owner of the near-by bar), via the MSM, commented on the Celina Cass apartment building as being "a party stable".

In one photo, Celina Cass is sporting a "peace symbol" pendant.

At one time (some years ago) the "peace symbol" was quite popular among certain drug users.

As I understand, there also were adults living in the apartment building, not just fashion-trendy 11 and 13 yr olds .. some of those adults are old enough to have experienced the "peace symbol" craze in real-time. While some younger adults, given their past history, might be involved in unlawful past-times.

Potential clues.

Why should anyone ignore what I consider potential clues because someones elementary age daughter or their parent purchased current retro-fashion tokens?

Answers to the questions I posted can only be answered by what occurred in the Celina Cass apartment building and surrounding environment and how they might have affected-to-cause .. not what occurs(ed) with our own homes.

No one in my family did drugs or murdered anyone, yet, I'm here on Websleuths occasionally attempting to help resolve cases to good conclusion.

wow.

Yep, exactly. In fact, I don't know that I'd be functioning. I often wonder how people in those situations do even the simplest things -- shower, eat, go to sleep. My God...I can't even think about it. God bless that mother.

Yes, but it had barely been an hour. Wouldn't she be calling friends and family, asking if she was with anyone else, asking people to go look at the donut shop or the convenience store, calling CC's friends houses?

One hour into the emergency is a little soon to fall apart and be inconsolable while there were still so many possibilities. The sister was still checking the friends homes. Maybe she was going to go fishing with a friend and forgot to leave a note. They had not even called 911 for help yet. I just think it is weird that she assumed the worst so quickly when all of the innocent possibilities had not yet been even explored.

yeppers time for that ice cream. and perhaps a little walk.

Hubby works for Verizon so kinda/sorta an expert (cough cough!) Mr. Man says unfortunately, it's purely a business decision. It costs upward of a million dollars to build a tower. When you have a rural area like that with maybe only 800 potential customers, if that (little kids and the elderly may not become customers) .... Makes more sense to put your million dollar tower where you have 10,000 customers. Kinda the same thinking of where someone's gonna build a mall or a walmart.

Kinda sucks though.

Do we know that the tower they put up is only a temporary one?

It was described as being temporary so that the investigators could communicate, sorry don't have a link. They put up a similar one in Joplin after the tornado there.

I do know that cell phone coverage lacks in that area. You have to pick and chose your provider because of that fact. And that can be spotty at best.

Yes, but it had barely been an hour. Wouldn't she be calling friends and family, asking if she was with anyone else, asking people to go look at the donut shop or the convenience store, calling CC's friends houses?

One hour into the emergency is a little soon to fall apart and be inconsolable while there were still so many possibilities. The sister was still checking the friends homes. Maybe she was going to go fishing with a friend and forgot to leave a note. They had not even called 911 for help yet. I just think it is weird that she assumed the worst so quickly when all of the innocent possibilities had not yet been even explored.

Yeah, the 911 thing was something I hadn't heard. I posted somewhere else on this thread (I'm losing track of time, lol) that that totally changed the situation. I might be falling apart, but there is no way I wouldn't have had LE on the phone so fast heads would be spinning. I agree completely. :)

AS mentioned, Mr AL has kind of said one thing, then another....sort of conflicting...

way I see it, we don't really truly know the clarity of his mind at this time, considering the tragedy of Celina's death, or if he is medicated by his doctor, nor what the true family dynamics are or have been
..and the biggie-
WHAT of his statements media is choosing to to actually use in print/video....
therefore I just have to take it for what it is.

but I will say this- at least HE is talking...giving glimpses of the life of a little girl as he is seeing or feeling it....
whether it is liked how he is or not....

I lived in San Francisco when the hippies came to town.
I immediately considered myself a "flower child", had long hair,
as did my BF, wore flowing dresses, sandals and sometimes went braless!!

I gave the peace sign & wore the symbol!
I even had an outdoor wedding & we all wore flowers in our hair.

None of us were pot smokers, dropped acid, or were promiscuous.
(Well, maybe a few experimented with pot, but nothing heavy, if so....
in my group of friends)

I may have run into you at Golden Gate Park back then. At 16 I used to go see
Big Brother and The Holding Company with Janis Joplin when they played for free out in the park. I too had long hair and long dresses with flowers in my hair. lol

I think the PEACE SYMBOL has endured and it does carry that memory along with it. My 19 yr old wears Peace symbol items now, and she is not a Hippie at all. Although I was. And I went to UC Berkeley as well.

>Maybe she was going to go fishing with a friend and forgot to leave a note. >

My son, almost the same age is this girl, would not be allowed to make the decision to go fishing on his own and leave a note!?! she's only 11. I don't know about there, but where I am, 11 is not considered old enough to be out and about on your own.

To panic after an hour is totally reasonable to me. She is not a teenager.

No it should be asked regardless of the necklace. I think using the necklace as a reason to ask is a HUGE stretch. huge.

i agree, it deff needs to be looked into, as i'm sure it is being looked into, but the necklace seems normal to me...i would expect it..jmo

Originally Posted by ChuckMaureen
"'........
Back in the day, "peace sign" pendants and such were popular with the 5-leaf plant smoker hippie-types. ........"

(SBM)

AND they were popular with us 5-leaf plant NON-smoker, hippie-types.

Some people choose to have a funeral and show the body or the closed coffin. Then the body is cremated. Usually the urn is placed in the ground not the coffin. Some people choose to get the urn and ashes back and keep them.

Even if the body isn't shown a coffin is used for the cremation. My father and nephew were cremated.

Not in my experience. We didn't buy a coffin for anyone in our family who we had cremated. Why pay all the extra dollars for one unless you are going to have a viewing? Coffins aren't cheap.

In this photo of Celina, she is wearing a "peace sign' pendant.

Back in the day, "peace sign" pendants and such were popular with the 5-leaf plant smoker hippie-types.

I'm NOT explicitly implying Celina was a toker or that she was interested in or involved in drugs .. I'm just wondering if someone gifted to her that pendant, and if *that* person was?

Again, I'm looking for clues that might suggest a drug environment .. and curious or accidental ingestion of such.

Peace signs are very popular with teens the past couple of years. I don't see any correlation with peace signs and drugs. Walk through any of the mall stores that cater to young people and you'll see peace signs everywhere. It's a fad popular with all kids that age. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo