Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I'm thinking. I think her mind went to the things she knew on some gut level. Somehow she knew CC didn't just get up early and walk to the convenience store with a friend for a donut.

yes, a little more so to me than just a gut sense, if it is just a thought or a belief, you call 911, or get someone else (your husband?) to call, even if you FEAR the worst. If it was a foregone conclusion.... then what is the point of calling 911...

so to me she must have had serious reason to come to this conclusion so swiftly - that it wasn't even worth looking for her-

eta: and another reason I think she knew/saw/was told something is that may have been why LE asked her to remain quiet and not discuss anything, and not to appear in the media (I'm not sure if this was just a rumor, but I believe I did read it somewhere "offical" I could be wrong though)

I have to wonder if the tenant had his young guy friends come over to party there? JMO

I apologize for this post being completely OT, but after seeing Celina's picture on the CBS News website (the one where she is wearing the plaid cap) -- I just have to say that she had the most beautiful doe eyes and lips I've ever seen. What a sad, sad thing to have happened to this precious baby. When is this madness going to end? And more importantly, please let the perp be caught soon!

BBM. I know. I think about that a lot when I hear of another, horrible case. Sadly, as long as their are humans on this earth, I fear we will continue to hear about such cases. However, I do think that there is much that can be done to lessen the amount of these cases.

We need awareness about the dangers facing our kids. Lots of education about safety, predators, etc., and that education needs to start in high school. We need laws that are enforced which hold parents accountable for neglecting their kids, abusing them or allowing others to do so. (Thinking about Zahra Baker, Shaniya Davis, Emma Thompson, etc.)

We also need much more assistance of all kinds available and offered to parents who may be struggling, so their children do not have to suffer in precarious environments.

In general, we need a culture in which children are not seen as property but as precious gifts to be raised with utmost care, concern and love, in quiet, child-centered environments where they come first.

I think we also need a culture where having kids is not just what people do, but something that people should put a lot of thought into before doing so, whenever possible. I don't think we have that right now. :twocents:

Well, after painstakingly using there 1800's DOS filing system for their county records for the last hour,:banghead:

I can tell you that there are 3 apartments listed however there is also listed a "common" area. :waitasec:

I have no idea what that would be...:waitasec:

And there are no Floor Plans on file...

***And I think my eyes are bleeding**** Who uses DOS anymore?

Northern NH, :innocent: Some areas are 5 to 10 years behind in technolgy. Budget issues.

The common area could be what used to be a foyer in the original home when it was a 1 family. That may now house mailboxes, etc.

I totally agree that all possibilities should be looked into here. Even drugs. However, I don't think that your post would have been given the same responses if you had attached the drugs comment to the "party stable" bit, as opposed to her necklace and the peace sign. Please don't think I am snarking at you either. I don't snark and am always respectful. Just trying to explain where I *think* everyone is coming from. My kids wear peace signs too. In fact, if you look in my siggy, I explain why my username is what it is. I am a practioner of non-violence and I am against people harming each other in any way, including war, as I believe that it just continues a cycle of violence and that no one wins a war. I teach my kids non-violence all the time. When they fight, I remind then that what they are doing is not peaceful. They shoot peace signs at people like hippies from the 70s. My kids think its cool and want to be like mom because I was once invited (and went) to speak in front of Congress in DC. My friend who shares an IP address calls me the CODEPink of Hampton Roads and she set up the account as an inside joke (I am not a CODEPinker!! I have respect for the process and wouldn't act as some of them do on the house floor. Not bashing CODEPinkers either, just not my style).

And yes, at one time, the symbol was, sadly associated with drug use, but it is no longer the 70s and the symbol even at that time was not meant to be a symbol for drug use. It was a symbol used by people working to obtain peace by ending the Vietnam war...who happened to use a lot of drugs. The connection was not there for those hippies, IMO, based on talks from the family members that I have that were around at that time and were in that group. I don't use drugs, but I teach my kids peace. I just think that it might not have gotten the same response if you had attached it to the "party stable" comment, as opposed to the necklace. I don't think that the necklace is indicative of any drug use whatsoever. The "party stable" comment may be a different story. That said, I do think all aspects should be looked into.

:cheer: Very well stated !!!

Northern NH, :innocent: Some areas are 5 to 10 years behind in technology. Budget issues.

Digging through the 1800's DOS files....

Ok did some more digging and...... Drum Roll.....

The house has....

9 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms....

Zoned+ R1

4770 SQ Feet

Can be remodel to fit up to 5 residence units....

I apologize for this post being completely OT, but after seeing Celina's picture on the CBS News website (the one where she is wearing the plaid cap) -- I just have to say that she had the most beautiful doe eyes and lips I've ever seen. What a sad, sad thing to have happened to this precious baby. When is this madness going to end? And more importantly, please let the perp be caught soon!

I agree with everything you said!

And her hair was so beautiful, too.

I have lived in several of these old victorian buildings in past years. The apartments can be huge! I was in one that had a pantry, enclosed "summer" kitchen, regular large kitchen, dining room, living room, plus 2 bedrooms, and a big enclosed porch, and of course a bathroom. All of the rooms were at least 12 x 12. The pantry was a bit smaller but had the sink and cabinets.

Actually, the rooms were probably larger. I'm not good at estimating sq. footage.

yes, a little more so to me than just a gut sense, if it is just a thought or a belief, you call 911, or get someone else (your husband?) to call, even if you FEAR the worst. If it was a foregone conclusion.... then what is the point of calling 911...

so to me she must have had serious reason to come to this conclusion so swiftly - that it wasn't even worth looking for her-

eta: and another reason I think she knew/saw/was told something is that may have been why LE asked her to remain quiet and not discuss anything, and not to appear in the media (I'm not sure if this was just a rumor, but I believe I did read it somewhere "offical" I could be wrong though)

I agree! I've felt since the beginning that it wasn't treated as a typical missing persons case. It felt more like a body recovery. I believe the mom knows that happened, I think as soon as she got home she knew that CC was dead.

The house has....

Zoned+ R1

4770 SQ Feet

WTG!
Ice cream sundae for you!

:sundae:

Yep... we may have run into each other! LOL
Big Brother was the 2nd concert I ever went to (Righteous Bros was 1st)
It was at the Filmore & the night they introduced their female singer... Janis!

:peace:

OMG! I was there, too! Maybe you saw me- I was the blonde with long straight hair, an Indian blouse, the shortest of mini-skirts, and a big ole peace sign necklace. Those were the days, eh?

It seems no strangers were involved in Celina's death, given what we think we know.

It's quite possible at least some living in the apt. knew of Celina's accidental-via-illegal-contact?/drug use?-demise before even the neighbor contacted police, and they were under an assumption Celina's body would not be discovered given it was wrapped in material and submerged and that no one would be the wiser, especially LN, with the assumed result that many would conclude Celina ran away or was abducted and that no one in the apt. was responsible. .. how's that for run-on phrasing? ;-)

Much CYA going on, and behind the backs of innocents (LN, KL, Auntie?)?

Was this an accidental death either via drugs or inappropriate physicality (fight gone wrong)?

Or, was this a sexual assault that extended to an ugly conclusion?

The house has....

Zoned+ R1

4770 SQ Feet

I thought this was previously discussed?

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/863-Washington-St-Stewartstown-NH-03576/99274672_zpid/#{scid=hdp-site-map-bubble-address}

This town is too small for that. Something would have been said.

Since Celina's funeral will be private, it's nice that the community is giving the children an opportunity to celebrate Celina's life and mourn her loss. In such a small town with less than 10 children in classes, it must be very confusing to the younger members of the community...

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/928437-196/stewartstown-festival-to-be-dedicated-to-celina.html

The public is invited to a Celebration of Life for Celina Cass on Monday evening, Aug. 8, at 6:30 p.m., in the Canaan Memorial Schools gymnasium, according to Stewartstown School nurse Kirsten Lyons, who has been a community spokesperson since Celina disappeared. Funeral services will be private.

“It is to give everyone in the community the opportunity to talk about Celina, and to know that she is at peace. We are going to celebrate the short life that she had,” said Lyons.
Plans for the service include opening sermons from the local clergy, music which will include recorded songs that have been heard at vigils held while the search for Celina was in progress, a slideshow arranged by the staff from the Stewartstown Community School where Celina would have entered the fifth grade in the fall, and closing words from the local clergy.

“We want it to be very personal and very supportive of the family and our young children,” said Lyons. “We want them to feel safe and to be able to say goodbye to their friend Celina.”

Really, guys? We haven't heard word one from anyone else in that family about Celina, the type of gal she was, what was going on in the house, or any pleas for her to come home safely. Dad and grandpa are the only ones who deigned to let the world know what a sweetheart she is and how much they miss her and beg for her return. I appreciate that even if it is not my business and/or irrelevant to her death.

Also, since he is the only parent really talking, reporters seek him out. I have not seen him running all over town, wringing his hands and complaining, or going on radio shows and jawing, or calling news conferences. He was asked questions in the beginning of all of this, by reporters who sought him out. He answered them. After having a few days to digest the tragedy of his missing daughter's remains being found in a river, his perception about what was happening in her life has understandably changed. So, when reporters again seek him out and ask him specific questions, he has specific answers.

Come on. His baby died. No matter how involved he was, that is gut-wrenching, heart breaking, maybe literally in his case. Especially if he wasn't so involved. He may now really regret that. But, the fact remains that his little girl turned up dead in a river! He has plenty to be upset about and "complain" about given that her death occurred in mom and step-dad's custody, where he thought she was safe.

And I haven't heard but three, separate statements from him, only two of which were somewhat negative. I suppose some could feel frustrated or tired hearing his "whining". I bet he feels very tired and frustrated not having answers as his child's body sits in the morgue. :twocents:

I had to quote your post again and to thank you for your :twocents:

I was feeling quite horrible for the way AL was being scrutinized here & wanted to say something but, you said it so much better :)

I kind of hope that the person(s) responsible is not someone mom brought into Celina's life...bad enough to lose a child, but the guilt would be overwhelming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway