Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 8 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I'm not sure how the conviction is listed. I am also not sure how our state compares to others for RSO's. I just know that when you go on to sites listing RSO's in your area, you just get a flag, no conviction reason is given. I just wasn't sure what the SF's relatives were convicted of, so just threw that out there. Correct me if I'm out of line please!

I don't think that is out of line at all. Thanks for the information. Here in TX there are many different reasons to be classified as an SO. Some I agree with and some I don't.

I thought someone had a link that stated Celina slept on the couch that night? When Celina was last seen at 9 pm was this in her regular bedroom upstairs or in the basement. I've also heard that she was on the computer, so where is this computer located? :waitasec:

The story of Celina’s last
evening at home unfolded piece
by piece. At first, it was reported
that Celina was in her
bedroom on her computer when
her family said goodnight
around 9 p.m. Later, reports
stated that she and her older
sister, Kayla, had recently been
sleeping on an air mattress in
the basement. It was also reported
that Celina’s pillow and
comforter were on the couch on
the last night she was seen—as
she was afraid to sleep in the
basement without her sister,
who was at a sleepover at a
friend’s house, it was reported.
Celina was reported missing on
Tuesday morning. While her
family went out to search for
her, a neighbor called 9-1-1.

http://www.colebrookchronicle.com/

Love Verizon Fios! Never had a problem with them and their customer service is impressive.:twocents:

I am going to check everything out tomorrow. They offer a bundle with a home phone. I really do miss not having one. Love to hear the ring. lol

http://washingtonexaminer.com/files/4d873846c1402d10f40e6a7067000f2a_2.jpg

was it cool that day?
I notice mom having on a blouse, jacket and a quilt around her and the lady wears a jacket also???

I can't remember the weather of that day, however Stewartstown is up north from where we live, and although we have had a couple of hot days with humidity. We have also had a lot of days that had cloud cover and not so cool. I usually sleep with a blanket at night and we do not have air conditioning.

NH does get the humid/stifling heat much..

I don't think it has been reported that someone saw Celina on the couch with the pillow and the comforter. If she was on the couch, is the couch in an area of the house where people can walk through to go to the kitchen or bathroom? If this couch was in a traffic area, a visitor or tenant to the home could have noticed her there.

To be honest, I'm not sure how the conviction is listed. I am also not sure how our state compares to others for RSO's. I just know that when you go on to sites listing RSO's in your area, you just get a flag, no conviction reason is given. I just wasn't sure what the SF's relatives were convicted of, so just threw that out there. Correct me if I'm out of line please!

First, here is the post that spells out at least one offense
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 - #1

And to look the NH one up, go search at http://www4.egov.nh.gov/nsor/

for the VT ones, google their sex offender registry and you should be able to find it. In my state, the give the entire charges, and info.

Do we know of how many RSO are in the area of Celina's home?How long has she lived in that house.
SO scare me they are everywhere.
Can anyone in NH check that out on Megan's law website?I only have PA link.

BBM

In one of the earlier threads on CC here on WS, I saw mention that law enforcement officials had interviewed all the registered sex offenders in the area of her home, and if my recollection is correct, none of them held any further interest in connection to CC's disappearance and death.

As I had stated in an earlier post, I had lived in the North Country for 11 years. During all that time I had as a neighbor in a very sparsely populated area a man who is a registered sex offender in the State of New Hampshire; he was the best neighbor I've ever had--and I've lived in every region of the country, albeit never in a city. When he was 18 years old, my neighbor had had consensual sex with a 16-year-old girl whose parents reported him to law enforcement; that was the crime that landed him on the sex offender registry. The couple went on to marry, had three of the most polite, helpful children I've ever met, and had nothing whatsoever to do with the wife's parents and family. Yes, sex offenders "are everywhere," however they are not all the same, at least not in my personal experience.

I am not personally familiar with the "Megan's law website," but the State of New Hampshire maintains a website on registered sex offenders that is open to anyone who wishes to log on. If you have the time and the interest, I believe you could easily find it using Google.

I'm sorry, but I cannot answer your question on "how long she lived in that house" because I don't know, but I do believe someone else reading your post may know the answer and post it.

I don't think it has been reported that someone saw Celina on the couch with the pillow and the comforter. If she was on the couch, is the couch in an area of the house where people can walk through to go to the kitchen or bathroom? If this couch was in a traffic area, a visitor or tenant to the home could have noticed her there.

If that were true, then wouldn't it be odd that LCN reportedly got up, got dressed and left for work and did not notice that CC's blanket and pillow were on the couch with no CC?

News links I found that I will copy to the info thread:

Eagletribune.com (local news station for NH)This one has info about KM "being talked to by FBI" (Aug 3rd)

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video.html?freewheel=90157&sitesection=cnhieagtrib&VID=23490385

This one has the video of the truck being hauled off and the other cars/vans in the area of the crime scene tape (likely they are LE vehicles) (Aug 3rd)

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video.html?freewheel=90157&sitesection=cnhieagtrib&VID=23490750

BBM The Eagle Tribune is the newspaper in Lawrence, Massachusetts which is close to 200 miles to the south of West Stewartstown.

The Colebrook Chronicle, a link to which was posted earlier this evening upthread or at the end of the thread prior to this, is the nearest newspaper to West Stewartstown, and it is THE newspaper that is read from cover to cover by most folks living in the North Country.

WMUR, which is the TV affiliate of ABC, is the television station based in Manchester, New Hampshire (the largest city north of Boston) that generally has the most coverage of news events in the North Country, and when I lived there, it was the station that was viewed by most locals.

If that were true, then wouldn't it be odd that LCN reportedly got up, got dressed and left for work and did not notice that CC's blanket and pillow were on the couch with no CC?

Yes, ITA, this is so confusing. If 9 pm was the time reported as the last time seen, then she was likely in the basement. JMO

I wish we had a floor plan of the home. Then we could see the layout of all rooms and kind of know the way the traffic flowed throughout the house. jmo

The aunt saw blanket & pillow on couch? Maybe LCN slept on the couch and the aunt just assumed CC did?

BBM The Eagle Tribune is the newspaper in Lawrence, Massachusetts which is close to 200 miles to the south of West Stewartstown.

The Colebrook Chronicle, a link to which was posted earlier this evening upthread or at the end of the thread prior to this, is the nearest newspaper to West Stewartstown, and it is THE newspaper that is read from cover to cover by most folks living in the North Country.

WMUR, which is the TV affiliate of ABC, is the television station based in Manchester, New Hampshire (the largest city north of Boston) that generally has the most coverage of news events in the North Country, and when I lived there, it was the station that was viewed by most locals.

Thanks for clearing that up. When I found the links through images, the Eagle Tribune had many NH local stories so I associated it with the local news.

I wish we had a floor plan of the home. Then we could see the layout of all rooms and kind of know the way the traffic flowed throughout the house. jmo

JMO here, but I don't think it matters where in the house she was. KL was out that night, and she was alone.

On the Vermont Registered Sexual offender web site it gives the criminal code for example Gordon Edward Noyes was convicted of 2 types of sexual assualt 3252

And VT. STAT. ANN. tit.13, § 2602 Lewd or lascivious
conduct with child under 16

Yes, ITA, this is so confusing. If 9 pm was the time reported as the last time seen, then she was likely in the basement. JMO

I cannot imagine that if a child was afraid to sleep in the basement alone that a parent would make them. It obviously was common knowledge that CC did not like it down there alone. I would think it would not be that big of a deal. But, that's just me. jmo

Interesting article about the correlation between an increased risk of developing schizophrenia with previous sexual abuse in childhood

In general, individuals who had a history of childhood sexual abuse had a significantly higher risk for later psychoses: compared to the general population, these individuals were twice more likely to develop a psychotic disorder (2.8% vs. 1.4%), and 2.7 times more likely to develop a schizophrenic disorder (1.9% vs. 0.7%). Those assault victims who had experienced penetration were at an even greater risk for a psychotic disorder (3.4%) and schizophrenia (2.4%). Those at the highest risk included assault victims who had experienced penetration, were over the age of 12 years at the time of their attack, or were attacked by more than one perpetrator. In total, these combined risk factors resulted in a rate of 8.6% for a later schizophrenic disorder, and a rate of 17.2% for a later psychotic disorder.
http://promises.com/promisesnews/ar...increases-risk-of-schizophrenia-in-adulthood/

I cannot imagine that if a child was afraid to sleep in the basement alone that a parent would make them. It obviously was common knowledge that CC did not like it down there alone. I would think it would not be that big of a deal. But, that's just me. jmo

I'm not making a big deal of it. :smooch:I believe that C would not want to be alone in the basement. I just find the reports confusing. If Celina was on the couch, then it was not plainly reported that she was sleeping that night on the couch. The mom would have seen her on the couch easily if she was sleeping there, IMO. It's just weird that her last seen place or her last sleeping area is completely unclear to anyone.

I can't remember the weather of that day, however Stewartstown is up north from where we live, and although we have had a couple of hot days with humidity. We have also had a lot of days that had cloud cover and not so cool. I usually sleep with a blanket at night and we do not have air conditioning.

NH does get the humid/stifling heat much..

BBM

Never seems to be very much "humid/stifling heat" once one gets to the Lakes Region, the Mount Washington, Valley, and the North Country. Driving north on I-93 in a convertible with the top down, I always noticed that even if the temperature was well into the 90's in Nashua or Manchester, once I came to Exit 22, the air cooled down immediately. By the time I was north of Lincoln, it had cooled down even more. Yes, I slept with a blanket at night without air conditioning in the North Country--and sometimes needed two during some of the cooler nights at the height of summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89