Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 8 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimately, that was my point.

Which date is listed on the DC ... ?

The DC might not be available yet. Just guessing. I would also guess the DoD on it might be the 26th now, just because there are more hours between midnight and 9 am than there are between 9:30 and midnight the previous night. But I've seen DCs where the date is changed later, too.

What were the AG's exact words about Celina's body. Did she say how was the body 'put' in the water, or did she say where was the body 'put' in the water? I can't find the quote. tia

The DC might not be available yet. Just guessing. I would also guess the DoD on it might be the 26th now, just because there are more hours between midnight and 9 am than there are between 9:30 and midnight the previous night. But I've seen DCs where the date is changed later, too.

Is a copy of the DC available on line to anyone? tia

I don't think a date in an obituary means much when it comes to a criminal investigation. It's just the date when the funeral home and family assume she died, not necessarily what LE might conclude later. I don't know what the status of a death certificate is right now, but that might even say the 26th.

ITA... This reminded me of JonBenet Ramsey's headstone, which listed December 25th as her date of death. IIRC, the date of death could have been the early hours of the 26th and it was questioned why the family used that date. I'm def not looking to open up that can of worms, but just wondering if a family is able to choose what to put on a headstone? Do people differ on using a "last seen alive" vs "date reported missing?" Or perhaps Celina's family is privy to info we do not have, such as the ME's findings regarding when she actually died?

http://www.secaucusnewjersey.org/police-still-baffled-of-suspicious-death-of-celina-cass-6321.html

This is the first article I've read that reports WN as being "uncooperative".

If true .. that changes things a bit ..

Well, it isn't the first. His being uncooperative has been widely reported. But just to remain :fence: I think it is possible that his recent mental health troubles may interfere. So it is hard to say what to make of it.
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/08/...f-celina-cass-uncooperative-in-investigation/

This is what I find to be odd: a unsolved murder victim's family choosing to ride in a parade and choosing to participate in Mardi Gras behavior.

Well I have to agree and I posted way up yonder somewhere along the lines what you did.
I understand the festivities going full steam ahead and all but if that were me I would not be riding on a float throwing candy. Instead I would be in a coma from the terrible death of my daughter. But that is me.
So yes I found it rather odd too.

..or angry. Everyone SEEMS so accepting of Celina's death. JMO

^Thank you.

Where were the parade float signs stating "Call the FBI with any tips about Celina's death!" or "Tip line 805-461-5061"?
How about "Find the $%#&*% murderer of this 11-year-old child!"

Probably more as 'respect' to the family than "accepting" behavior.

What I find interesting, in some cases LE rarely (feels the need to) caution the GP to be aware, travel in pairs, etc.

But LE did so in the early days of the Lindsey Baum case, since LB was abducted in the street while walking home, as opposed to having been 'disappeared' from her home like Jessica Lunsford and now possibly, Celina Cass.

See, I'm not so sure--because they've let the family back into the house so quickly. I think if the house itself were a bonafide crime scene, LE would still have it locked down. If they'd gotten all the evidence they needed from the house, I would expect that they'd already have arrested a suspect.

I agree about the house. I am wondering if what they saw when they found CC and took her out of the water was enough to tell them how and where she died. That is why I was wondering about the AG's comment using the words 'put in the water'.

What were the AG's exact words about Celina's body. Did she say how was the body 'put' in the water, or did she say where was the body 'put' in the water? I can't find the quote. tia

She said BOTH.

From the press conference announcing they had found Celina's body...

"We have made no determination on where her body was eventually put in the river we are trying to do that, now that we have located her body we are able to hone the investigation to make the determination.

So you will see searches conducted in different areas, but now we have a much more specific and generalized area to work in.

She was located in the water so we are trying to determine how her body was put in the water."

‪Uncut: AG Announces Discovery Of Celina Cass' Body‬‏ - YouTube

The participation in this very public event may cause some of the family members to feel unneeded shame/embarrassment at a later time. They will have enough anguish to emotionally work through and didn't need another possible additional issue.

This family would benefit from professional counseling to address the devastating fact that their very young family member was (likely) murdered. They need a victim/crisis center counselor to step in to offer assistance to help them through this unthinkable horror.

I hear ya, if they were to read some of the comments, under a lot of the news reports, they will surely have unneeded shame and embarrassment.

I agree. It was like they were speaking at the one year memorial for a girl who died from cancer. There was no anger or fear or outrage about her vicious murder. They were gracious though.

I didn't have a problem with the girls doing the float. But I think Mom should have watched from the sidelines maybe. But who knows, maybe my daughter could have convinced me to ride along as well, if it was something that important to her.

I hear ya, if they were to read some of the comments, under a lot of the news reports, they will surely have unneeded shame and embarrassment.
The family members should have set up a surprise roadblock in front of Celina's home and used this tiny town's insensitive parade as a method to interrogate everyone for tips as they marched past. (only slightly joking)

Well, techinically, no one has actually said she was murdered as yet...it is the presumption and is likely, but nothing official, as far as I know.

One of the only things that can make me understand the towns calm and acceptance is if CC committed suicide. Which seems like a huge leap considering "put in water", wrapped in blanket, evidence removed from home. Unless she committed suicide and someone panicked and disposed of the body. Again a huge stretch, to me.

Well I have to agree and I posted way up yonder somewhere along the lines what you did.
I understand the festivities going full steam ahead and all but if that were me I would not be riding on a float throwing candy. Instead I would be in a coma from the terrible death of my daughter. But that is me.
So yes I found it rather odd too.

I also think the float thing was a bit odd - wouldn't be how I would probably react - but I'm not about to criticize the mom or daughter for participating. They are likely in horrible shock and/or wanting to honor Celina in a manner she would like.

Until one has gone though what they have, it's very easy to say how one would or should react.

From what I've heard, Celina's mom has not been able to stop crying until she pulled herself together and got on that float for her kid.

As with us all, I don't know what happened to sweet Celina or who was involved and/or who is knowledgeable about who hurt her and how, but this, I cannot criticize at present.

I think I read that Celina's family has a dog or dogs. Hard to imagine in a house with several residents, no one would wake up at the sound of the dog barking (that sound is much more likely to wake most people than other kinds of noise), which I think would have happened if someone was hurting Celina in the home. For that reason, I think she was taken away from the house in a vehicle, and that's where she was either killed or brought somewhere remote to be killed.

I'm no expert, but if in fact she was wrapped up and then put in the water, it goes to depersonalization of her and that IMO would be a result of rage, not horseplay gone awry.

BTW, does anyone know which of the house's occupants goes to work other than LN?

The report I saw said she had 2 cats. Didn't mention any dogs.

One of the only things that can make me understand the towns calm and acceptance is if CC committed suicide. Which seems like a huge leap considering "put in water", wrapped in blanket, evidence removed from home. Unless she committed suicide and someone panicked and disposed of the body. Again a huge stretch, to me.

Even if that were true, calm acceptance should hardly be the response to an 11-yr old committing suicide, it should be a huge crisis, just as a murder is, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal