Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 9 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's some interesting research. I understand that the SF also served in combat. Is that accurate? Because there have been high rates of PTSD associated with wartime soldiers. And many people who suffer from PTSD also suffer from schizophrenia. That's probably an over-simplification. But it's worth noting. It could explain some of his strange behavior.

Is there a way to find out cause of death on death certificates? Is this public record? I'm not asking about Celina's. I'm just curious.

Do we know if there was a life insurance policy on Celina?

I was referring to WN being incompetent.. which I understand is not mentally insane.. thanks..

I did find this as far as competency:

NH RSA135:17 Competency; Commitment for Evaluation. –
I. (a) When a person is charged or indicted for any offense, or is bound over by any district or superior court to await the action of the grand jury, the district or superior court before which he or she is to be tried, if a plea of insanity is made in court, or said court is notified by either party that there is a question as to the competency or sanity of the person, may make such order for a pre-trial examination of such person by a qualified psychiatrist or psychologist on the staff of any public institution or by a private qualified psychiatrist or psychologist as the circumstances of the case may require, which order may include, though without limitation, examination at the secure psychiatric unit on an out-patient basis, the utilization of local mental health clinics on an in- or out-patient basis, or the examination of such person, should he or she be incarcerated for any reason, at his or her place of detention by qualified psychiatrists or psychologists assigned to a state or local mental health facility.

Such pre-trial examination shall be completed within 45 days in the case of a person being held at a county correctional facility, otherwise 90 days after the date of the order for such examination, unless either party requests an extension of this period. For the purposes of this paragraph and RSA 135:17-a, III, "qualified'' means board-eligible or board-certified in forensic psychiatry or psychology, or demonstrated competence and experience in completing court-ordered forensic criminal evaluations. A licensed out-of-state psychiatrist or psychologist who meets the definition of qualified may also conduct evaluations under this paragraph and RSA 135:17-a, III.

135:17-a Competency Hearing; Commitment for Treatment. –
I. If, after hearing, the district court or superior court determines that the defendant is not competent to stand trial, the court shall order treatment for the restoration of competency unless it determines, by clear and convincing evidence, that there is no reasonable likelihood that the defendant can be restored to competency through appropriate treatment within 12 months. If the court finds, by clear and convincing evidence, that the defendant cannot be restored to competency within 12 months, the case against the defendant shall be dismissed without prejudice and the court shall proceed as provided in paragraph V.

I was referring to your question on if he should have gone to trial. Especially considering the fact that they use Durham there, they may have felt it was a waste of taxpayer dollars....or whatever pays for their trials there.

That's some interesting research. I understand that the SF also served in combat. Is that accurate? Because there have been high rates of PTSD associated with wartime soldiers. And many people who suffer from PTSD also suffer from schizophrenia. That's probably an over-simplification. But it's worth noting. It could explain some of his strange behavior.
I believe that the theory is that there is a positive correlation between children who suffered significant abuse and their development of schizophrenia. I should add here that this is not a widely accepted theory.

It was stated that WN served in Desert Shield. ?? I don't know in what capacity he served.

We have both here, an iPhone and an iPod Touch. The iPhone and the Touch both can use internet off a wireless router like my laptop can. The iPhone can also use cellular wireless internet - but for that you need a cell tower in the vicinity.
Suffice it to say, you can use an iPhone app for Facebook without any cell phone reception, as well as on an iPod Touch, which has no cellphone.

Hmmm, wonder what it's like using a router off a dial up internet service setup? Thats all they have in that town.
You say with the iphone, you can also use cellular wireless internet, but for that you need a cell tower,but you can use FB without having phone reception.
Maybe your iphone works better than mine:waitasec:
In order to get into FB with an iphone, you must have internet access...no cell tower =no internet service , no phone reception=no cell tower close by.

One thing is for certain, if a iphone is used to post on FB , the post will indicate that it was. EXAMPLE: posted via iphone or posted via android

Anyway, I doubt there's a mystery person posting on FB using WN's name. MOO...

I also have literature about low libido in schizophrenics who are on antipsychotic meds and also in those NOT on medications. If this sad crime moves in this direction, I will drag out the references.

In my gut, I do not feel like WN is the perp here. Not if it ends up being a sexual crime. His FB was all about huge breasted *advertiser censored* star types. I did not get any sense of him being interested in young girls. And the few paranoid schizophrenics that I have known, have been very family oriented, very protective of friends and family. I could see him killing someone who was a danger to Celina, but not Celina herself. I know that goes against his previous crime with his ex, but I just feel that way for some reason. I guess if he thought Celina was against him and was trying to break him and his wife up, then that would make more sense to me. But reportedly Celina liked her stepdad.

I have more suspicions about the many young men who lingered and lurked around that home than I do about the stepfather. But of course I may be totally wrong.

I have the FB app on my iPod touch, and when I post to FB using the iPod it includes the message that I posted using an iPhone. You're right, this was discussed at length in one of the Hailey Dunn threads.

Also, someone mentioned that the town doesn't have wifi, implying that therefore there would be no need to have an iPhone, iPod, smart phone, etc. if you live in the town. That is not the case, as wifi is most commonly set up through a home internet connection. I live in a town with no cell signal or wifi, but I have a wireless network set up and use both my iPod and cell phone to access the internet. Some people don't bother to secure their wireless networks, so neighbors or someone passing by could access it. On a side note, some service providers will give customers in rural areas a mini cell tower device that uses the internet to provide actual cell service. I got one for free from AT&T and I love it! It's awesome to be able to take and make calls on my cell phone from my house. That's something I would never be able to do without the device because my area is a cell signal wasteland. Sorry I got so off-topic, but the iPod/iPhone/wifi debate seems to come up again and again and although it probably isn't relevant, I guess it could be.

Thanks for the info. , very helpful!!

On WN FB page everything he has done is listed under recent activity without any dates. One "Liked" page was on March 26 and older posts below that state "recent activity" without any dates. His page looks different since the last time I looked at it. I doubt if he recently installed FB for iphone.
Perhaps he changed his privacy setting, where unless we are friends on his list, we can't see some or all activity?

I know that all eyes are on the family and those living in the house. I can certainly see the reasons for thinking that way. I just go back to Celina saying she might go for a walk. Her sister was spending the night with a friend. Celina was sleeping on the couch that night.

Maybe she did take that walk just for fresh air. She might have taken a blanket because she was chilly or wanted to sit down somewhere. She might have walked to the river and sat down to enjoy the water and the evening.

Maybe it was someone local who saw her, attacked her, and killed her. That is just a thought.

Jeannie, I think you could make a good argument for what you just described. I suspect, though, that the evidence will tell us whether the crime occurred in the house or elsewhere. And that information is going to be extremely useful. They should be able to rule out some possibilities.

You can bet you last dime that the media will trip over one another to be the first announcing any type of breaking news concerning this case. If AG really requested media to turn off feedback/viewer comments( I think this is true), then most likely the media was assured by AG that they would get a story as soon as it becomes available.

I know that all eyes are on the family and those living in the house. I can certainly see the reasons for thinking that way. I just go back to Celina saying she might go for a walk. Her sister was spending the night with a friend. Celina was sleeping on the couch that night.

Maybe she did take that walk just for fresh air. She might have taken a blanket because she was chilly or wanted to sit down somewhere. She might have walked to the river and sat down to enjoy the water and the evening.

Maybe it was someone local who saw her, attacked her, and killed her. That is just a thought.

People have said she was afraid of the dark and very shy. I just don't see an 11 yr old going out all by herself at night. Also, IF she were out walking around with a blanket wrapped around her she would have been seen by someone who would have said so by now. Seeing a kid walking alone at night wrapped in a big blanket is noticeable, especially in a small town.

People have said she was afraid of the dark and very shy. I just don't see an 11 yr old going out all by herself at night. Also, IF she were out walking around with a blanket wrapped around her she would have been seen by someone who would have said so by now. Seeing a kid walking alone at night wrapped in a big blanket is noticeable, especially in a small town.

Being shy and being afraid to walk in a familiar neighborhood at night aren't the same thing. I was a very shy child but I wasn't afraid. She said she might take a walk and maybe she did. Maybe someone from the house walked with her or maybe she didn't walk very far. With all those people living there she might have wanted to be alone for a while.

She might not have taken a blanket or she might have carried it. I thought someone said earlier that it was cool that night.

After looking at the neighborhood where she lived I thought she could possibly walk alone at night and not be seen. Just my thoughts.

She talked about taking a walk another day, about 3-4 days before she disappeared...

New Hampshire laws:
• He‐M305 authorizes short‐termin voluntary emergency treatment for no longer than is necessary to resolve an emergency, but in no case for more than 24 hours in accordance with He‐M 305.04.
• He‐M306 allows for involuntary treatment, up to 45 days of individuals hospitalized on a non‐emergency involuntary admission
http://www.nhbar.org/uploads/pdf/BJ-Spring2011-Vol52-No1-Pg58.pdf

Inpatients at a psych hospital can be charged with crimes.

Thank you Pensfan!

I'd have a real problem with any AG asking the media to turn off comments on their websites, and an even bigger problem if the media complied.

But I'm guessing that some sites have disabled comments because the discussion dropped to a very low level and required more time than the site owners were willing to spend on monitoring them. And that I have no problem with.

Remember - she was only in 4th grade. That's still elementary school. That's young. I don't think she would have went out walking by herself at night. Not at that age. Think about how you handled your child (if a Mom) at 10 or 11 years of age. Think if you EVER see a 10-11 year old walking around at night.

This is not a question of parenting style. I don't believe anyone is questioning that a parent would be justified in feeling concerned and angry if their kid was unexpectedly not at home.

The question: how would you react. You would be scared, but would you be so scared that you were incapable of coherent conversation or other action? So scared that you were incapable of either calling the police OR asking someone else in your family to do so?
Sorry, this post wasn't intended to imply anything about parenting style, but to make a point to why some parents react very strongly when their child is missing.
How would I react??? I would be terribly upset, however I could certainly dial 911 even if I couldn't gather enough composure to speak.Scared yes, so scared I would call 911 immediately for help. And you know what? If my child shows up, then 10-22 . The police would be just as relieved as I would be.

Remember - she was only in 4th grade. That's still elementary school. That's young. I don't think she would have went out walking by herself at night. Not at that age. Think about how you handled your child (if a Mom) at 10 or 11 years of age. Think if you EVER see a 10-11 year old walking around at night.

No at that age I would not have been allowed nor would my children but I thought I read that her mother or someone said she was in and out all the time. (or something to that affect. I took it that they didn't keep a real close eye on her.

I was thinking walking close to the house. On the block. Wasn't the dam real close?

I hate to say it but we have 9 and 10 year olds in the neighborhood who are out late (in the summer) in this neighborhood. They are always in a group but still! Scares me to death.

I took a listing of the sexual predators in this area to all the homes because ot that. Nothing changed..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler