Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 9 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhhh...well, I can totally agree that she is nutty! However, I don't think that they were going for insanity. I think that they were only going for competency.

When WN was found incompetent it was probably because he was not able to help in his defense or understand the process. I haven't seen anything more than the 1 page and the partial pages they showed on the news cast, so I don't know the exact reason, but if he were so paranoid that he thought that the corrections officers had implanted a chip, he might not be cooperative enough with anything for his trial to be more than a circus. I would like to know the complete history as well and have an email in to ABC asking if they can give us a copy or redact a copy and put it in their website of his court case. It is public record and I would imagine only the worst of it has been put out, so it couldn't really hurt at this point. Maybe they don't even have to redact it. On the copies they put up, I already got the girlfriend's name so I don't know what else there would be to redact other than addresses that are probably already bad by now, it's been almost 10 years.

I agree with your post and wasn't it reported that he was not cooperating with investigators this time too. Maybe his paranoia is toward the LE especially since he was in the military. Does anyone know his military history. When it was, where, etc. tia

Well, if the body has a bullet hole, ligature marks on the neck, or blunt force trauma you don't need toxicology to determine the cause of death. The only reason to do it would be when the cause of death is not apparent or it appears to be accidental with odd characteristics. Since they are saying that the death is suspicious and are awaiting toxicology results it would imply that there was no obvious cause of death but the circumstances of the body were unusual.

That's what you would think normally, but if authorities don't want to tell the results to the public, they will just tell the public the results are pending even if there is an obvious cause of death. This appears to be how this Attorney General operates. So I would not be surprised if there is a quite obvious cause of death that is already known, and toxicology is just a way to delay revealing it.

I agree with your post and wasn't it reported that he was not cooperating with investigators this time too. Maybe his paranoia is toward the LE especially since he was in the military. Does anyone know his military history. When it was, where, etc. tia

I am trying to find out anything about his military history and hope that if ABC releases those papers that it will be in there. Also, I just edited the post above to say that according to those papers, at the time he threatened the girlfriend he had gone off of his meds. So I assume he has been out of the military for quite some time.

It just so happens that I have a iphone, which i use as a phone of course, but at home I use it to get online and check my FB... via the router in the back room providing my iphone with WI-FI from our cable internet connection.
Ipad is a little more versatile. But really, my iphone is useless if I don't have a signal outside the house.
I think this iphone topic got started when it was mentioned that WN posted on FB with an iphone , which arose the question of why anyone in a town that has poor cell phone service would opt for a iphone.
Also, several have posted in reference to CC taking a blanket with her on a walk. Is this purely speculation?

BBM, yes, speculation at this point.

There are a lot of theories posted here and all are very good. They are all within the realm of possibilities and they all make sense. And they all share one common characteristic. Every one of them is based upon one or more assumptions that are not supported by any evidence or facts that have been made known to date. So we can keep dreaming up theories and hypothetical scenarios, but what does that accomplish? Until more facts are made available, to sit here and dream up scenario after scenario amounts to nothing more than an exercise in futility.
That's what you're suppose to do here on WS!!!!!:crazy::crazy::crazy:
But really... many of the people here who post scenario after scenario are pretty smart cookies. I like reading other people's views/idea's/opinions...

But really... many of the people here who post scenario after scenario are pretty smart cookies. I like reading other people's views/idea's/opinions...

Plus, silly or not, it makes me feel like I am doing something. I know I won't crack the case, and I'm not anywhere nearby to actually help, but somehow it feels like it's doing something right by the child who was found dead. Like maybe just our collective caring and sheer stubbornness will bring a perp to justice ;)

One thing that I keep having to remember is that the report we saw came from the court. None of us have seen the complete diagnosis done by doctors. At least I don't think we have. And if you remember CA was deemed competent during her trial. And we all know that is a crock.

Just saying that we don't really know the details of his condition or his treatment in the years since he was diagnosed. jmo

Very true...
You know something that bother's the heck out of me is the possiblility that the killer (whoever it is) will plead insanity......" The VOICES made me do it " kind of thing.

MY OPINION ONLY

All of us can theorize and imagine and speculate. In so doing we weight the extremely limited, incomplete, and often questionable evidence we have available, filtered through the prism of our experiences and biases, and we come up with "gut" conclusions that are worth little.

Unlike some here, I have little confidence in the local prosecutors. Not because I think they are incompetent, but because this is going to be a very difficult case to successfully prosecute. Despite what some have said there is little to no reason to delay an arrest if there is sufficient evidence to warrant a charge. The prosecution does not need to have their entire case complete before filing charges, they just need enough to convince a judge that an arrest is warranted. If they had that they would go for it, if for no other reason than that it might serve to frighten people into talking and it gets a potential killer off the streets. As an added bonus, it's their JOB, and what the people of their community expect from them.

Because there were multiple people with access to the girl, the prosecution needs something that ties at least one of them to the body, the murder, or both -- and this is assuming that they have evidence that the girl was actually murdered. While the media is reporting that the girl's body was wrapped in a blanket, no one connected with the investigation has publicly said anything of the sort. To date we do not know how the girl died and we do not know the condition of her body when found.

All we have is the family, and their behavior, but that's not a lot to go on -- and from the actual evidence (assuming it is accurate) there is no reason to believe that ANY of them were involved in this girl's death. We have the step father with a history of mental illness and a VERY minor violent incident in his past -- but his activities on the day the girl was reported missing, while insensitive and (as it turns out) wildly incorrect, help dismiss him as a suspect. He wasn't out there playing the loving father, wailing and rending his clothes and leading the search, he was the guy posting messages to cam-*advertiser censored* on FB. We can, of course, construct or imagine a scenario involving the step-dad which ends in murder, but there is no evidence of this yet.

We have the ex-con older "brother" who Celina seemed to adore and who seemed to really like her in return. Some have suggested that their relationship was perhaps inappropriate (they do, after all, hug each other quite a lot in pictures), and that he was grooming her to molest her. This could be correct, but it conveniently overlooks a critical point. Even if he had an illegal and inapprorpriate attraction to his "sister" and spent the year or longer that he lived with her carefully grooming her to reciprocate his feelings, there is NO reason to believe that his desires included or might lead to murder. After all, they like each other, and from Celina's expressions in the pictures we have seen she feels the same and might even have something of a crush on the guy. This doesn't seem like the kind of relationship that regularly leads to deliberate violence or murder, and the statistics bear this out. We can, of course, construct or imagine a scenario which ends in murder, but there is no evidence of this yet.

And then there is mom. Mom's behavior on the day that she was discovered missing is reportedly odd. Again, reportedly. We really don't know. The source for this information is certainly credible, they are not lying, but that does not mean that what they think they saw or what they believed, was an accurate observation. Mom seems to be genuinely crushed, she seems to have really loved her daughter, and there is NO evidence that this impression is inaccurate. We can, of course, construct or imagine a scenario involving mom which ends in murder, but there is no evidence of this yet.

We know, statistically, that in approximately 90% of all cases of this type, with children under age 12, the perpetrator was someone who was close to the girl -- usually someone in her own family. We know, statistically, that the crime likely took place in a residence, and it is statistically (and logically) likely that the crime (assuming there was one) took place in the family home. But statistics can only go so far, they serve as a guide to help direct an investigation rather than a map to the killer.

Hopefully the DA's office has or discovers something solid. I would like to see this girl's killer, assuming it was murder, receive the justice they deserve.

Very true...
You know something that bother's the heck out of me is the possiblility that the killer (whoever it is) will plead insanity......" The VOICES made me do it " kind of thing.

It doesn't really matter. A successful plea of insanity does not mean you get a pass for the crimes you commit while insane.

Respectfully, they would still do toxicology. The cause of death may look like one thing but be another.

Just like we can't assume Celina drowned just because she was found in water, we can't assume, even if she looks to have died one way (violently in the ways you mentioned) that she wasn't actually killed by another means.

A person could be decapitated. And if you saw a body without a head, you would think that's how they died. But they may have been strangled first, suffocated, or overdosed. Then decapitated after the fact just cause the killer wanted to.

The little boy in NY found dismembered. But he was drugged first. Perhaps not drugged to death, but they need the entire picture of what happened. In theory, he could have been dismembered after death or it could have been cause of death.

Her cause of death may be something obvious like a gunshot wound, but if she were drugged by roofies or something, that would change the picture too.

The state needs a complete picture of how the death occured when they press charges.

Also, they said they were waiting toxicology AND other investigative tests, I believe, which would/could include DNA. We're still under 2 weeks; 2 weeks is still be phenomenally fast to get these tests back, IMO.

Didn't we know pretty early he had been drugged. I know it was before 2 or 3 weeks. jmo

I believe 100% to the core that she is a sociopath. However, I do believe that she was competent. With competency meaning little more than understanding the process and being able to help the lawyers with her defense, I think that she knew perfectly well what they/she were/was doing and understood the process very well. So much so, in fact, that she's going to be a paralegal! :floorlaugh::great::laughcry: (See, its still just as funny now!)
I agree 100% ... selfserving to the fullest extent.

Just curious...when WN was laying in the driveway rolling around, who (if anyone) helped him get up? Did he pick himself up and walk away? Anyone still have that video clip of him in the driveway? How did that episode end?

Plus, silly or not, it makes me feel like I am doing something. I know I won't crack the case, and I'm not anywhere nearby to actually help, but somehow it feels like it's doing something right by the child who was found dead. Like maybe just our collective caring and sheer stubbornness will bring a perp to justice ;)
Exactly. If we didn't care, we wouldn't be here... right?

I totally agree. I know I am not going to crack any case here, but I find it interesting to read what some other people are thinking. Mainly I lurk and comment occasionally. For me it is entertainment.

Sometimes it gets a little far-fetched for my taste and I frequently disagree, but, I am very capable of turning off the computer and walking away.

Edited to add: Websleuths is entertainment, not the misfortune of others that we read about here.

I am trying to find out anything about his military history and hope that if ABC releases those papers that it will be in there. Also, I just edited the post above to say that according to those papers, at the time he threatened the girlfriend he had gone off of his meds. So I assume he has been out of the military for quite some time.

At the time, Judge Richard Hampe ruled Noyes was incompetent to stand trial, writing that the man's mental illness created 'a potentially serious likelihood of danger to himself and others'.
A forensic examiner said Noyes was a paranoid schizophrenic, who most likely developed the condition while he was in the Air Force.

BBM: that was never reported.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-violent-mentally-ill-past.html#ixzz1UdvRN4r9

At the time, Judge Richard Hampe ruled Noyes was incompetent to stand trial, writing that the man's mental illness created 'a potentially serious likelihood of danger to himself and others'.
A forensic examiner said Noyes was a paranoid schizophrenic, who most likely developed the condition while he was in the Air Force.

BBM: that was never reported.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-violent-mentally-ill-past.html#ixzz1UdvRN4r9

It was not reported, but when they showed the documents on ABC, it was written in the papers. I will see if I can go find the video where they zoomed in on the papers again. Hold on...

It was not reported, but when they showed the documents on ABC, it was written in the papers. I will see if I can go find the video where they zoomed in on the papers again. Hold on...

I saw it, too, when I paused the video. I'm glad I caught your post, before I went to look for it.

You're better at finding stuff than I am!!!
TIA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member