Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 9 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully snipped by me for space.

I disagree. The moment an arrest occurs, the defendant's speedy trial rights kick in. Arresting a suspect too soon, before all t's and crossed and i's are dotted could be a fatal mistake to the case.

It's only been a couple of weeks since Celina was found. That is not a lot of time to me. If we get into months, I will begin to share your concerns.

My feeling, based on watching this state in action in a prior case, is that LE feels it knows exactly who did this crime and are simply putting their ducks in a row. I may be wrong but that's my feeling. I think there is a ton of evidence in this case.

It took 14 days or so before there was an arrest in Krista Dittmeyer's case. I suspect there will be one in this case within the month. At least, I hope!

The right to a speedy trial is a relative thing, right? If I recall, Casey Anthony was charged with child neglect in July of 2008, and arraigned on her murder charges in October of 2008. Her trial just took place and she spent the years waiting for that trial in jail.

R.I.P. Celina Cass. Patience is not my strong suit. Ugggh. So much information available on the net - yet no information available that means anything.

The right to a speedy trial is a relative thing, right? If I recall, Casey Anthony was charged with child neglect in July of 2008, and arraigned on her murder charges in October of 2008. Her trial just took place and she spent the years waiting for that trial in jail.

She probably waived it - that's standard procedure for many defense attorneys.

I took a break for an hour and lost my train of thought. What purpose would it serve to hide the fact that they have arrested a suspect on a charge unrelated to the case?

I don't think any P.D. or prosecutor in their right mind would hide an arrest, IF that person were arrested for that particular crime--in this case, Celina's death. That would be really weird, and I'd question their motives in doing so.

Now, if he/she were arrested on a different unrelated charge, I can see them not making a big splash about it until they have confirmation that they've got the right person for the 'big' crime. Not saying that's the case here, but it's a situation that makes sense.

I guess I'm kind of spoiled living here in WI because we can just go to the Circuit Court Access page, type in the name, and their history with the courts comes up. If an arrest is announced on the news, it shows up almost right away on the CCA page.

Is there a scanner thread still going on? I looked for it but couldn't find it, but I may not have been looking in the right place. A scanner would certainly tell us what is going on wouldn't it? tia

Is there a scanner thread still going on? I looked for it but couldn't find it, but I may not have been looking in the right place. A scanner would certainly tell us what is going on wouldn't it? tia

I listened to the scanner for a few hours yesterday but didn't hear anything pertaining to the case. It's for a 2 county area and Coos county cover most of the state, so there is a ton of chatter, but I never heard anything relevant.

I listened to the scanner for a few hours yesterday but didn't hear anything pertaining to the case. It's for a 2 county area and Coos county cover most of the state, so there is a ton of chatter, but I never heard anything relevant.

Do you live in the area? tia

You guys ready for a laugh??? I just figured out the little green dot by our user tags. Have they always been there? I also just started noticing the advertisements. Have they always been there? tia

Not at this point, I don't think.

Scanners are useful when there's an active search going on, like for a missing person. But not so much when it's an investigation after the person is located. Detectives wouldn't use that form of communication much, or at least the ones I've known didn't.

8-year-old Robert Manwill was murdered in Boise ID in 2009.

He was reported missing on July 24, and found in a canal on August 8. There was no arrest until 10 days later, August 18. IIRC, they waited until they had a Grand Jury indictment for murder before making ANY moves on his case.

So, I guess my point is just that, waiting so long might not be the "common" thing to do, but it happens.

Not at this point, I don't think.

Scanners are useful when there's an active search going on, like for a missing person. But not so much when it's an investigation after the person is located. Detectives wouldn't use that form of communication much, or at least the ones I've known didn't.

Oh, okay. I thought they had all the police calls on them and would reflect all police activity in the area. I didn't know they were just scanning searches. ty

Well I really thought there would be something by now. I am the one with no patience.

Which lab is running Celina's toxicology tests and sexual assault test? Does anyone know how many weeks the NH state lab is normally backed up (if it went to this one lab)?

Maybe the FBI is running her tests since they were involved? How long is their wait list?

Oh, okay. I thought they had all the police calls on them and would reflect all police activity in the area. I didn't know they were just scanning searches. ty

I think it depends. In our area (south-central PA), anyone with a scanner can listen in on fire and ambulance calls, but certain (or all) police calls are on a "closed" channel.

They do have police activity, as well as emergency calls, but you need to know how to decipher the codes as well as understanding "police speak" to know what they're doing most of the time. They won't give out names over the scanner unless they're on a secure channel, which they do a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper