Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 9 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we don't know when CC was killed, possibly it was in the early morning hours? Maybe it was after LCN went to work? We just don't know....but could Wendell have been trying to establish an alibi with that message on FB? Just posting randomly on someone's FB page to indicate that he'd been on the computer?

It's just so hard to figure out what was going on in that house. Maybe he wasn't being helpful and LCN told him to just get out of her way.

We don't know if KL went to the neighbors on her own or was sent there, do we? She may have gone on her own because no one was doing anything and she had a bad feeling...or... could she have been sent out to look around to buy more time? and then she came back too quick? More speculation only...

I can understand any parent not wanting to call the police, as that call requires an internal admission that things are seriously WRONG, that you have a major PROBLEM.

None the less, I do have quite a few questions about this entire morning timeline. Not suspicions -- let me be clear -- but questions. I am sure most will be cleared up, and some here mighht even have the answers.

First, it seems unusual to me that Celina's sister would be home from her sleepover so early. Did the parent's call her there?

Second, if Celina was only discovered to be missing at 8:30, why was mom apparently laid-out speechless with grief and horror by 9:00? Obviously ANY parent would be alarmed and likely furious, but they would believe their kid snuck out or went over to a friends or took a walk. The last thing a parent -- even a big city parent -- would assume is that some maniac crept into their home and snatched their teen, and if they did they would would have called the police instantly.

Third, if the police were called at about 9:00, why was step-dad posting to his FB honeys at 9:11? And just how long did it take the police to arrive?

BBM

I have to say: maybe it's just the world we live in, or maybe it's all the cases I've heard (or even the tv i've watched), but I think my mind would jump to a worst case scenario within 1/2 an hour for sure. If Celina was not the type to leave the house without telling someone, that would increase the panic. I remember in the Smither's case, little Laura was about 10 minutes late to breakfast from a run and the parents called the police in a panic saying, "they knew she would never be late for pancakes."

Also, and this will sound bizarre I'm sure, but I believe people KNOW when something has happened to their kids. I think you feel a physical and psychological break and you know they are gone. I'm not sure LN didn't feel immediately that something was wrong.

Do we only have mom & S/F word for the time Celina was last seen???
Was she seen during that day by anyone?
In some odd way, Celina's case reminds me so much like Haylee Dunn to me.
Celina is laid to rest, poor Haleigh never found though.

BBM

I have to say: maybe it's just the world we live in, or maybe it's all the cases I've heard (or even the tv i've watched), but I think my mind would jump to a worst case scenario within 1/2 an hour for sure. If Celina was not the type to leave the house without telling someone, that would increase the panic. I remember in the Smither's case, little Laura was about 10 minutes late to breakfast from a run and the parents called the police in a panic saying, "they knew she would never be late for pancakes."

Also, and this will sound bizarre I'm sure, but I believe people KNOW when something has happened to their kids. I think you feel a physical and psychological break and you know they are gone. I'm not sure LN didn't feel immediately that something was wrong.

Absolutely agree that this is very commonplace...

I wonder if the sleepover was within walking distance to the house. What if Celina wanted to pop in and took her blanket with her?

I've wondered, too...not in the context you said but that is interesting...

Just about how early KL got home that people think is strange...Maybe she is an early riser and the family she was with isn't and she was more comfortable going home if it was close...or maybe she had a bad feeling (as we were speaking of upthread that mothers often do)?

Your relationship sounds healthy and balanced and certainly full of love and care for the children.

My opinion only comes from my own experience with a man I dated for 5 years. I kept him at a distance away from the kids and still do. He might give me 100 dollars to buy groceries for them but he wouldn't come over, make dinner and make sure it got cleaned up after. I parent, love, care for and make all the decisions for my children. Even if I was to marry him he would stay in the background and not take a role. So, while I see it as a less than happy environment to raise kids in I can relate to WN going off to stay out of the way. JMO

If I married a man who did not take a role as a parent to my 3 sons & stayed in the background,
I would at least want & expect him to be at my side during an emergency, to help alleviate my fears,
to console me as a SO/DH should... and/or to help search for my child.

Did we ever hear who was in the house that day or evening?
S/F has RSO relatives, doesn't he?
the 23 year olds have friends in?
Celina last seen (by parents) on computer at 9 ish?
But what happened after that?
was everyone in bed then?
no timeline.......really

Does anyone know how often Celina usually posted on FB? Her last post was on 7/22 (Friday) at 11:28 pm. It seems unusual that someone who is active on FB would not post something for 3 days.

Does anyone know how often Celina usually posted on FB? Her last post was on 7/22 (Friday) at 11:28 pm. It seems unusual that someone who is active on FB would not post something for 3 days.

I think the 22nd is the last time anyone outside the family has mentioned Celina. There was a post on the 22nd from a friend saying they went to the waterpark. That's why we'd all love to find out the last time a non-family member had seen Celina.

I agree, if she was seen on computer that night......what was she doing?
No facebook after 7/22 (Friday) at 11:28 pm, makes me think something happened to her shortly after.
Kids and their FB are usually almost daily..........it is very hinky to me.
and family not reporting it? a neighbor. Sister gone to sleepover but not Celina?.........same friends? JMOO

no timeline.......really

I am sure this has been stated, but the similarities of the Haleigh Dunn case is so weird. Her brother was spending the night away, she was last seen playing on the computer, she didn't like to sleep in her bed, did I miss anything else. Does anyone think this is strange. tia

no timeline.......really

Exactly passionflower; if we had even a few of the answers to your list of questions, we could do some real sleuthing and develop more potential scenarios. But, we have squat, darn it!

Imo, that's why there's been so much talk on the thread about family behavior after Celina's body was found; there isn't much else to analyze. So, the behavior is either indicative of innocent grief, or perhaps guilty knowledge or post-crime behavior by one or more of the principles. Hard to make any educated speculation about it with what little we know.

P.s. This case is reminding me of the Hailey Dunn case too. Mom and her significant other are last to see missing girl; brother is staying over at a friends and out of the house; no 911 call from parents.. At least in the Dunn case, you couldn't stop the mom from talking in the first couple of months; got a lot of insight from her direct statements.

Can anyone find me the video, if there is one, where WN makes the comment "get your butt home?"

BBM

There are 2 incidents when my sons were toddlers, where they were missing or could be in danger...
I was literally out of control! I was in a panic mode & screaming for help to anyone that would listen.

I thought the worst. Both times, my sons were safe/found within 5 minutes...

I think a mother is going to panic way before she begins to form worst case scenarios in her mind
& before she feels the "mother's instinct" that something has gone wrong.

Just checked wn fb and it says he installed facebook for Iphone. I'm not seeing any date there.

I have been reading and thinking about this case. To me...the mothers' panic may be because the 23 year old was also missing from the house when he was usually home. She may have had a very good reason to suspect the worse. MOO

I agree, if she was seen on computer that night......what was she doing?
No facebook after 7/22 (Friday) at 11:28 pm, makes me think something happened to her shortly after.
Kids and their FB are usually almost daily..........it is very hinky to me.
and family not reporting it? a neighbor. Sister gone to sleepover but not Celina?.........same friends? JMOO

My boys are both on FB and are 16. They have very little interest in actually posting anything, just looking at and "liking" pages. They spend their time playing video games, watching TV, reading.

At 11, my niece spent a lot of time doing her hair, nails and playing video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jess9976