NH - Djeswende ‘Wendy’, 66, & Stephen Reid, 67, Shot on Hiking Trail, Concord, Apr 2022 *Logan Clegg Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How horrific. I wonder how many people knew they were going hiking that afternoon and where at. I know they would hike often, but did they always go to this one trail or did they switch it up? Was it often at the same time of day or did it vary?

If someone in their life wanted them dead, then killing them out in a secluded wooded area would probably be a choice they would make, so I'm curious who all knew they were leaving to hike and where they were going.

I also think it could be random. Other folks have encountered sick people while out recreating, be it hiking, running, biking, etc. Mollie Tibbetts is just one (of several) examples that come to mind. I know there are two of them, but they are older and may not be able to put up a fight. Plus, there is not much fight to put up against a gun, especially if they weren't even aware until it was too late. I am curious where (on their bodies) they were shot. They could have been shot from behind, for instance, and had no chance to even try getting away.

I'm wondering how far down the trail they walked before they were shot? Near the beginning of the trail where someone could have seen them enter from the street? Or, were they farther along the trail where someone would have to have followed them for a while or been lying in wait for them?

‘Definitely Scary’: Concord NH Murders Leave Walkers At Broken Ground Trail Uneasy – CBS Boston
<snipped & BBM>
“It’s definitely scary,” a woman in the area said.

Folks are second-guessing whether they should walk the popular trails, even as the weather gets warmer and days stay lighter outside.

“It was just awful,” another woman said. “I don’t know how people are not in danger. If it was me, I would be saying don’t walk the trails.”

I was just talking about going on a trail myself and now I’m having second thoughts because you don’t know what’s going to happen,” she continued.

[...]

I was actually surprised when I heard there were multiple gunshots,” one man said.

“I definitely won’t be going on a walking trail by myself. It makes you want to have an animal or a protection with you at some point because that’s just horrible what happened to those people,” said a woman.

I am 45 minutes away from Concord and walk the trails from Spring until it gets too cold. I always feel safe when my husband is with me. We were thinking of walking this weekend but I am now scared. People in my smallish town are all really nervous.

Trail area where they were found.

0_Stephen-Reid.jpg

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/missing-couple-found-shot-death-26783157

IMO people are more likely to be murdered by family/loved ones/ someone know to them than by people that don't like their lifestyle/life choices.
Hopefully we will find out soon.

This is true, but there are still some people who feel VERY strongly about interracial relationships, even to a point like this, especially if they think they won't get caught.

It does appear isolated from the photo.

Yes, LDRN, it does seems remote.

Heinous crime.
It is sad people can not enjoy nature or take a walk with their spouse without worrying about their safety.

It reminds me of the case a couple of years ago:
Mountain biker found deceased with multiple gunshot wounds:
Four years after a mountain biker’s murder, family pleads for help solving case

Hopefully, this New Hampshire case will be solved quickly.

The community must be on edge. So terrible.

Well, the apartments look nice, classy and well-to-do. So, I'm hoping all the renters are too!

Let's hope LE rules out any neighbours.

I hope there weren't any disputes or other internal strife within the apartment complex.

It would be awful to think someone who had a grudge followed them to the trail and shot them to death.

Attachments

• e8577bd3834cc2f8bf7c347d0eb00fa3.jpeg
    e8577bd3834cc2f8bf7c347d0eb00fa3.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 60
So it sounds like from all the snippets of interviews from that above article that these trails are fairly popular with locals. Now it was a Monday mid-afternoon so definitely not the most popular time to be out, but still a bit shocking someone chose to kill them there in broad daylight on well-traveled trails. The photo of the trail looks like most of the trails I hike locally. You can be not all that far from lots of civilization and busy streets and be in the middle of nature with not many people around.

Hopefully some people who were on the trails that day will come forward even if they don't think they have info - they may and just not know it's relevant. I would venture to guess at least someone else was out there that day (beyond the killer). I used to be a teacher, so I would hike all the time in summer on weekdays, mid-day, and while I would never say my local trails were busy then, I always encountered at least a couple other folks out there enjoying them like I was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back