NH - Djeswende ‘Wendy’, 66, & Stephen Reid, 67, Shot on Hiking Trail, Concord, Apr 2022 *Logan Clegg Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
curious- did you think that the trail was not popular because it was noisy or boring? I keep thinking of a rail trail I hiked on that was really monotonous... Also, were there any tracks from bikes or ATVs? Have been on many trails where bikes/ATVs are "not allowed" but people, esp. "locals" go on them anyway because they can, or they always have. Having an ATV would make moving around and leaving much quicker, IMO.

I didn't notice any noise, but did not pay any particular attention to it. I don't think the noise could have drown out the gun shots. It also doesn't make the trail less appealing. The trail is not very long, 1.5mi if I recall correctly. I didn't find it too boring. You pass a lake, marshlands and go through the woods, and also through the more open cleared area where the power lines are. The trail is relatively flat. There are much more interesting trails in New Hampshire with great views,
but those will be significantly harder.

In certain areas there were definitely tracks of ATVs and bikes. (And we also know that police went there with ATVs.)
I believe that there were bike tracks in many areas. There is also a separate mountain bike trail nearby.

I didn't notice any noise, but did not pay any particular attention to it. I don't think the noise could have drown out the gun shots. It also doesn't make the trail less appealing. The trail is not very long, 1.5mi if I recall correctly. I didn't find it too boring. You pass a lake, marshlands and go through the woods, and also through the more open cleared area where the power lines are. The trail is relatively flat. There are much more interesting trails in New Hampshire with great views,
but those will be significantly harder.

In certain areas there were definitely tracks of ATVs and bikes. (And we also know that police went there with ATVs.)
I believe that there were bike tracks in many areas. There is also a separate mountain bike trail nearby.
According to this site, Marsh Loop Trail itself is mixed use for walkers, runners & bicyclists. May the shooter traveled by bicycle for all or part of the route?

LFTEM3E4OFCGTLNP6LGBUHV6EM.jpg

Sketch of Concord, NH murder suspect

Sununu Discusses Unsolved Concord Double Homicide

Nothing new to report, here are Governor Sununu's comments on the ongoing investigation:
The governor said he is receiving almost daily briefings from Attorney General John Formella on the case.

The Concord Police Department is heading up the double murder investigation with help from the FBI and New Hampshire State Police. Sununu said from what he has been told, Concord Police are doing a good job.

“They are putting all hands on deck. The AG, FBI, everybody is out there doing everything they can to find out what happened,” Sununu said. “My sense is they are not going to let up until they figure out exactly what happened and bring those individuals, or individual to justice.”

Bumping in hopes of updated information on who killed the Reids.

However, there are still unsolved cases in New Hampshire this year. The April murders of Concord couple Stephen and Djeswende Reid remain a mystery. Police recently announced a reward of $50,000 for information that leads to an arrest and indictment of whoever is responsible for their deaths.

According to law enforcement, the Reids left their home in the Alton Woods apartment complex on the afternoon of Monday, April 18, and went for a walk to the area of the Broken Ground Trails which are off Portsmouth Street in Concord. Family and friends did not see or hear from them. The Reids’ bodies were found in the early evening of April 21 in a wooded area near the Marsh Loop Trail.

In this press conference today for the sad triple homicide in Northfield, about 8 minutes in, Assistant AG Geoff Ward is asked to pivot to the Reids case:

Officials say they believe they know everyone involved in Northfield homicides

Nothing new here for the Reids: the case is ongoing, the AGs are in touch with the Concord Police, they are still looking for and have not identified the individual depicted in the sketch, still looking for information from the public. The investigation remains very active.

Thank you to the New Hampshire press for continuing to ask about the Reids.

The Boston Globe featured this story dated August 5th. Just a recap. I appreciate the Globe keeping this story alive:

‘Person of interest’ in homicides of retired Concord, N.H., couple still unknown, prosecutor says

On Friday, while discussing the homicides of a mother and her two young sons in Northfield, N.H., Assistant Attorney General Geoffrey W.R. Ward said investigators have not been able to put a name to the face described to investigators in connection with the Concord murders.

For family of Steve and Wendy Reid, grief, loss and a shattered sense of safety
I don't think this has been shared here yet. I hope y'all can get around the 2 free articles paywall to read it. Loved learning more about Steve & Wendy!

“We’re really hoping something new will come out something that will give us hope that there’s a possibility of bringing this person or people to justice,” said Mark.

They are still coming to grip with what was taken that day. For Brian and Lindsey, they lost both parents that afternoon. For Peter and Mark, they lost a brother and tennis partner. For Barbara, she lost a friend and confidant in Wendy.

And for a family that grew up in Concord, they lost a sense of safety and security. After living in Concord for 40 years, Barbara no longer walks the trails alone.

“It’s not just because of the memory of being with Wendy there – it’s now I don’t feel comfortable out there,” she said. “I can’t even imagine doing that right now. This is so unsettling for this to have happened in Concord, New Hampshire.”

“It’s not just because of the memory of being with Wendy there – it’s now I don’t feel comfortable out there,” she said. “I can’t even imagine doing that right now. This is so unsettling for this to have happened in Concord, New Hampshire.”
More than 250 people came from across the globe in remembrance of Steve and Wendy to their memorial service on June 24. Wendy’s brother, Jacob Pasgo, came from Burkina Faso. Friends and co-workers came from Haiti. Fellow Peace Corps members came from all over. Family members gave their own eulogies. Letters from friends, who could not be in attendance, were read aloud.

At the end, the final words came from Steve himself.

Twenty six years ago, Steve wrote a letter to his wife and children to be read in the event of his death. It lived sealed in their apartment in Concord. Brian and Lindsey found it after their parents death.

The letter served as a road map for how Steve wanted his children to live the rest of their lives without him.

I don't think this has been shared here yet. I hope y'all can get around the 2 free articles paywall to read it. Loved learning more about Steve & Wendy!

“We’re really hoping something new will come out something that will give us hope that there’s a possibility of bringing this person or people to justice,” said Mark.

They are still coming to grip with what was taken that day. For Brian and Lindsey, they lost both parents that afternoon. For Peter and Mark, they lost a brother and tennis partner. For Barbara, she lost a friend and confidant in Wendy.

And for a family that grew up in Concord, they lost a sense of safety and security. After living in Concord for 40 years, Barbara no longer walks the trails alone.

More than 250 people came from across the globe in remembrance of Steve and Wendy to their memorial service on June 24. Wendy’s brother, Jacob Pasgo, came from Burkina Faso. Friends and co-workers came from Haiti. Fellow Peace Corps members came from all over. Family members gave their own eulogies. Letters from friends, who could not be in attendance, were read aloud.

At the end, the final words came from Steve himself.

Twenty six years ago, Steve wrote a letter to his wife and children to be read in the event of his death. It lived sealed in their apartment in Concord. Brian and Lindsey found it after their parents death.

The letter served as a road map for how Steve wanted his children to live the rest of their lives without him.

What a lovely and bittersweet article. Thank you for posting it.

I am hoping the family and friends of the Reids find peace and will one day have answers even though that will never replace the loss. The Reids sound wonderful and I wish I had been lucky enough to know them.

I don't think this has been shared here yet. I hope y'all can get around the 2 free articles paywall to read it. Loved learning more about Steve &
thank you for sharing this article. How I hope this family gets justice for the death of Wendy and Steve.

Man was recently accused of killing a 75 year old, out for a morning walk on a popular rail trail in Manchester’s South end. Accused had been released twice previously this summer after arrests for (violent) behavior. Mug shot of accused could be deemed somewhat similar to sketch of sought person in Concord. Anyone else see any connection here?

Man was recently accused of killing a 75 year old, out for a morning walk on a popular rail trail in Manchester’s South end. Accused had been released twice previously this summer after arrests for (violent) behavior. Mug shot of accused could be deemed somewhat similar to sketch of sought person in Concord. Anyone else see any connection here?
screen-shot-2022-09-03-at-90923-pm___04134240171.png

Interesting article from April 28, 2022, that I didn't find in earlier posts here.
The homicides of Steve and Wendy Reid are a rare crime in Concord and N.H.
Concord has seen just 10 murders over the last two decades, making the double homicide last week of Steve and Wendy Reid all the more shocking to the capital city of one of the safest states in the country.

Homicides of any kind are rare in New Hampshire, said Laura Dykstra, Associate Professor of Criminology and Criminal Justice at Plymouth State University.
Dykstra called the Reids’ deaths, which do not appear to be linked to any other kind of illegal activity, an “anomaly.” She said that stranger homicides, when a victim does not know their killer, are more likely to go unsolved than cases where a victim is killed by someone familiar. When a crime is committed by someone familiar to the victim, there are more avenues for police to follow to crack the case.

Between 2000 and 2020, New Hampshire saw an average of 16 murders a year, according to FBI data. Concord has had a total of 10 murders over the past 20 years.

About one-in-five of the murders between 2000 and 2020 in New Hampshire were carried out by someone the victim didn’t know, according to FBI data. In 2020, the most recent year for which data is available, there were 12 murders, with four committed by a stranger to the victim.
Shooting deaths made up 26.5% of the state’s 113 cold cases for homicides or suspicious deaths that have yet to be solved.

Logan Clegg, 26, was wanted by law enforcement officers in Utah when he was spotted by New Hampshire detectives on Williston Road in South Burlington around 10 a.m. Wednesday, police said.

Clegg was taken into custody near the South Burlington Public Library without incident, police said.

Police said Clegg is homeless.

South Burlington police said Clegg is considered a person of interest in an unsolved homicide that happened in April in Concord, New Hampshire. It's not confirmed which homicide police are referring to, though the fatal shootings of Steve and Wendy Reid occurred in April and are still unsolved.

Logan Clegg, 26, was wanted by law enforcement officers in Utah when he was spotted by New Hampshire detectives on Williston Road in South Burlington around 10 a.m. Wednesday, police said.

Clegg was taken into custody near the South Burlington Public Library without incident, police said.

South Burlington police said Clegg is considered a person of interest in an unsolved homicide that happened in April in Concord, New Hampshire. It's not confirmed which homicide police are referring to, though the fatal shootings of Steve and Wendy Reid occurred in April and are still unsolved.
Finally?! We can hope!
#JusticeforSteve&Wendy

He looks a lot like the sketch! Hoping this is the beginning of justice for the families of the victims.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pklav69
Back