NH - Djeswende ‘Wendy’, 66, & Stephen Reid, 67, Shot on Hiking Trail, Concord, Apr 2022 *Logan Clegg Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And here's the file from VT concerning his arrest and bail conditions. Not much new, other than that he was listed as a transient in Utah as well. https://npr.brightspotcdn.com/5e/91/8eea27b54af38c60bf1e3030a282/civil-miscellenous-case-filed.pdf

Wow, so he flew to Lisbon, Portugal on June 21, 2021 and did not return to the US until November 7, 2021. That's a long time to be away. I'd think he was probably committing burglaries overseas to support himself, just as he does in the US.

Wonder where he stashed his weapon(s) while he was away.

Wow, so he flew to Lisbon, Portugal on June 21, 2021 and did not return to the US until November 7, 2021. That's a long time to be away. I'd think he was probably committing burglaries overseas to support himself, just as he does in the US.

Wonder where he stashed his weapon(s) while he was away.
I wonder if he was couch-surfing in Portugal and doing petty crime for pocket money. Portugal has been a hot destination over the past few years for people in his age-group, particularly digital nomads.
It seems that he avoids regular-paying jobs (and clearly his criminal record would contribute to that) and lives off the proceeds of crime.

As for Germany, that would be more expensive, but perhaps he found a super-cheap last minute deal and was going to head elsewhere once in Germany.

I still don't understand how this relates to violently murdering the Reids. Did they just happen across Logan camping out in the woods at the homeless encampment? (when did the homeless encampment get shut down?) Did he approach them? Does he have racist views? (ETA: Of course he's stabbed someone to death in the past so he clearly has violent tendencies.)

And finally, how did LE in New Hampshire identify their POI? They've been keeping this under wraps for a while. What is Logan's connection the NH/VT region?

Last edited:
I wonder if he was couch-surfing in Portugal and doing petty crime for pocket money. Portugal has been a hot destination over the past few years for people in his age-group, particularly digital nomads.
It seems that he avoids regular-paying jobs (and clearly his criminal record would contribute to that) and lives off the proceeds of crime.

As for Germany, that would be more expensive, but perhaps he found a super-cheap last minute deal and was going to head elsewhere once in Germany.

I still don't understand how this relates to violently murdering the Reids. Did they just happen across Logan camping out in the woods? Did he approach them? Does he have racist views?

And finally, how did LE in New Hampshire identify their POI? They've been keeping this under wraps for a while.
I'm going to guess he tried to rob them. In the case in WA he claimed self defense, however the family claimed that Corey (the man Logan killed) had been having issues with people stealing his car. It sounded like Corey heard someone messing with his car, yelled down to Logan to stop, words were exchanged and Corey went down to personally deal with Logan. He hit Logan, and Logan stabbed him in the chest and left him to die. Then Logan went to work at a nearby McDonalds.
From the Spokesman-Review page C-2 June 26, 2018. I can post the article if you want.

I still don't understand how this relates to violently murdering the Reids. Did they just happen across Logan camping out in the woods at the homeless encampment? (when did the homeless encampment get shut down?) Did he approach them? Does he have racist views? (ETA: Of course he's stabbed someone to death in the past so he clearly has violent tendencies.)

And finally, how did LE in New Hampshire identify their POI? They've been keeping this under wraps for a while. What is Logan's connection the NH/VT region?
one of the articles about them finding him in VT mentioned that he has a phone.... Double murder suspect in NH caught in Vt. If he is on a phone, he is leaving electronic evidence. Maybe no one else's phone was near the NH trail where the Reids were. He is going to have a weird story IMO.

one of the articles about them finding him in VT mentioned that he has a phone.... Double murder suspect in NH caught in Vt. If he is on a phone, he is leaving electronic evidence. Maybe no one else's phone was near the NH trail where the Reids were. He is going to have a weird story IMO.
The electronics makes sense.
I remember in one article the son said that LE were geo-fencing. And then they had the electronics-storage sniffing dog out there.

I haven’t followed this case closely. As far as we know, is it just a coincidence that the Reids used to live in the Burlington, VT area and that’s where the suspect was just arrested and appeared to be living?

"He would go out and commit burglaries to sustain himself," Simmons said. "Finding money, finding checkbooks, that sort of thing."

Simmons said he assumes Clegg was able to pay for his time in Portugal and a ticket for a flight to Germany that was scheduled to leave Friday by collecting money from thefts and burglaries. But he also said Clegg admitted he received $1,200 from a pandemic stimulus check in 2020.

Police investigated a campsite alleged to be Clegg’s on Thursday night. “Numerous items” were seized from the campsite and turned over to Concord police, officials said.
Investigators said they're not sure how long Clegg was camping in the area.

"He would go out and commit burglaries to sustain himself," Simmons said. "Finding money, finding checkbooks, that sort of thing."

Simmons said he assumes Clegg was able to pay for his time in Portugal and a ticket for a flight to Germany that was scheduled to leave Friday by collecting money from thefts and burglaries. But he also said Clegg admitted he received $1,200 from a pandemic stimulus check in 2020.

Police investigated a campsite alleged to be Clegg’s on Thursday night. “Numerous items” were seized from the campsite and turned over to Concord police, officials said.
Investigators said they're not sure how long Clegg was camping in the area.

How do you get a stimulus check without an address? Do they paypal it to your phone? Or was it not even his stimulus check, just one he stole? I wonder if he has used fake IDs or other people's passports too... of course he used to work at a McD's, so he has at least one SS# right?

How do you get a stimulus check without an address? Do they paypal it to your phone? Or was it not even his stimulus check, just one he stole? I wonder if he has used fake IDs or other people's passports too... of course he used to work at a McD's, so he has at least one SS# right?

I wonder if he maintains a PO box somewhere?

MOO.

So glad to see an arrest in this case. They seemed to be lovely, caring people.

I wonder what else we're going to find out about this guy.

Is this new info?

According to a report from Plattsburgh NBC affiliate WPTZ, Clegg in August 2020 was arrested and charged with shoplifting. While being taken into custody, police reportedly found a stolen gun in Clegg’s waistband. He was arrested again in August 2020 in the vicinity of a reported burglary and again found with a stolen firearm and a set of lock picks, per WPTZ.

So he doesn't have any qualms about carrying a stolen gun.

Why would he go to Portugal or Germany? He may have some familiarity with these countries or know some people there. If he has some money, perhaps he can get by, by living at youth hostels etc.

Okay, so I've found a little info. His family is from Washington, but he's also lived in AZ. I'm not sure where he was born, but it seems like it may have been Washington. His father died back in 2008 and there doesn't seem to be any family money. I don't know how he could be affording to go abroad so much, or how he did so with an outstanding warrant.
ETA and he was born on January 24th 1996
You’d be surprised on prices when you’re booking a day before if you’re not picky about which airline, multiple stops or where in Germany. Cheapest next day on Delta/AirEuropa in economy for a day out can run as cheap as $575 one way.
JMO

Last edited:
Direct deposit to the same bank account he submitted with a 2019, 20 or 21 tax return. Literally just appeared in his account. This is how most people got those checks after that first round, where the President at the time insisted that they be sent on paper with his signature on them.
This is a relatively worldly person. One in ten Americans have never left the state in which they were born. This guy hit the road big time, and at some point in the past 10 years, he sent in a couple hundred dollars and stayed in one place long enough to receive back a passport.

Did LE get evidence from the homeless camping site near where the Reids were found? If so, I wonder if dna evidence can match LC to the crime scene?
They knew who they were looking for, which is why they were in Vermont. I've got to believe they have DNA evidence that connects him. Not much else it could be.

I didn't realize he was homeless at the time of the stabbing.

A separate report filed in the [stabbing] case said Clegg told investigators he was “transient.”

“As such he has been sleeping on the north bank of the Spokane River” and had been working at McDonald’s for about two months before the encounter with Ward, the report said.

Clegg was carrying $1,200 in his wallet at the time, the equivalent of four weeks of pay from his job working the graveyard shift as a janitor at the restaurant, records show.

Legal filings also said Clegg told investigators he carried a knife for protection.

“Clegg described the knife as black-handled with a stainless steel blade, with a black sheath,” a police report said. “He advised that he carries it for self-defense as he is homeless. He has previously been jumped by a group of high school seniors because he is homeless. Since that time he has carried a knife.”

Investigators spoke to Clegg’s manager at McDonald’s, who said Clegg was ”an excellent employee who is always on time,” a police report said. “She said he can be asked to do anything at work and always gets the job done correctly.”

A co-worker described Clegg as “a quiet guy who usually keeps to himself.”

I haven’t followed this case closely. As far as we know, is it just a coincidence that the Reids used to live in the Burlington, VT area and that’s where the suspect was just arrested and appeared to be living?
RBBM
IMO there could definitely be a Burlington, VT, connection between the suspect and the Reids. Where could they have crossed paths & why? Such a vicious crime with both Reids shot multiple times in an unexpected place lends itself to being a potential personal vendetta or targeted stalking. The bodies being "hidden" off-trail suggests it was not random also.

Hopefully, LE is pursuing this angle, among others.
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back