NH NH - Elizabeth Marriott, 19, Durham, 9 Oct 2012 - # 5 *S. Mazzaglia guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I started this trial thinking Seth was a monster and full of angst to watch Kat on the stand so I could get some insight on her vulnerabilities. I was just sure that she was manipulated and abused.

Then she came on the stand and I had a real distaste for her but didn't think she was the heinous murdered here, more of an accomplice and when cross started, I could barely watch. He was beating her up very badly and it made me feel sorrow for her. I saw her as a young girl who was mixed up and would be paying for her boyfriend's mistakes.

Then as cross continued, my attitude changed and now I can't stand to even see her. She makes me sick. She is clearly the manipulative liar here. THere is no Stockholm syndrome, no vulnerabilities. All I see is a sociopath who KILLED her friend and set up her dumb boyfriend who read far too into fantastical adventures and believed he was protecting her.

None of us will ever know what really happened but I don't believe Seth should be the one taking this blame while she prances in and out jail in less time it takes to finish an associates degree.

That isn't justice.

I started this trial thinking Seth was a monster and full of angst to watch Kat on the stand so I could get some insight on her vulnerabilities. I was just sure that she was manipulated and abused.

Then she came on the stand and I had a real distaste for her but didn't think she was the heinous murdered here, more of an accomplice and when cross started, I could barely watch. He was beating her up very badly and it made me feel sorrow for her. I saw her as a young girl who was mixed up and would be paying for her boyfriend's mistakes.

Then as cross continued, my attitude changed and now I can't stand to even see her. She makes me sick. She is clearly the manipulative liar here. THere is no Stockholm syndrome, no vulnerabilities. All I see is a sociopath who KILLED her friend and set up her dumb boyfriend who read far too into fantastical adventures and believed he was protecting her.

None of us will ever know what really happened but I don't believe Seth should be the one taking this blame while she prances in and out jail in less time it takes to finish an associates degree.

That isn't justice.

That's my take on the situation as well, Schmaley.

That isn't justice.
:ditto:

Just listened to the opening statement from Juan Martinez in the Halsey trial. The WAT feed wasn't very good, makes it hard to listen to.

Wow...this is a different take on it but as I read the thinking I must agree my mind did change as this has gone along and so no doubt people in the jury may be feeling this too...but if he gets off then no one has been held accountable for the murder. To my way of thinking anyone in that room should be held accountable.

What could be going on in the courtroom - Barth impressing upon the judge that the prosecutor isn't impeaching her testimony but trying to repair the damage she's done to the State's case?

I don't believe Seth is completely innocent in all this.
He played a large part IMO.

We're ba-a-a-a-ack!!

All Rise!!

For more lies...

the only mistrial I see here is the missed trial that should have been as a result of them charging Kat with murder...no deal.

Not sure what the grounds would be? Don' t they usually do that after the prosecution rests?

:yes: The defense usually motions for a mistrial. I don't see them doing that. They are "winning". :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member